TideBorn?

Options

Comments

• Vaptor - Lost City
    Vaptor - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im wondering if one of the new classes will endup being like the veno's nix

sort of like a damage over time attacker that would be easliy defeated by ranged or magic but have life stealing skills that would easily take away the avdantage of barbarians or high hp builds.
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when i hear the term psychic i think of moving things wth the mind. the only to things that could be moved with mind (in my option ) are earth and water while it would be obvious that water would be in their list of attacks i don't think the psychics will have ant elementl attacks at all, they will be the only class that uses non elemental spells that can knockback, slow, stun, freeze, and perhaps they will add a few new status conditions of them like confusion or berserk, which will make mobs go crazy and attack anything that moves including any other mobs (hell i've seen a bug where mobs fight each other in a fb). however those staus effect will make it a pve only skill so i think it's unlikely it could happen but i guy can dream b:pleased

as for assains i would think they are basicly one of the following melee crit hitters or a class with weak attack but freakisly high attack speed, that have LOTS of DoT attacks.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Will Chuck Noris be a selectable Tideborn class?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Will Chuck Noris be a selectable Tideborn class?

Too overpowered. Chuck Norris class would start at level infinity and can one shot everything in a 739,289.13 mile radius. If two Chuck Norrises were to ever meet then the consequences would be more detrimental to the continued existence of the universe than dividing by zero (God help us all).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Too overpowered. Chuck Norris class would start at level infinity and can one shot everything in a 739,289.13 mile radius. If two Chuck Norrises were to ever meet then the consequences would be more detrimental to the continued existence of the universe than dividing by zero (God help us all).

I love you b:dirty b:laugh
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    shady wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question but,
    How did you get there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wondering how these people get in here? D':
    Maybe its on a private server and you are able to go there but some of it is still incomplete?

Regardless, The place looks beautiful b:dirty
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, judging by the video and those screenies, they seem to be disconnected from the server when they enter. So maybe being disconnected removes the "wall" that keeps you out of unavailable?
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gadan13
    gadan13 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah is tath be off let u enter it's amazing
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • blue2282
    blue2282 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm thinking these classes will pretty much be novelty classes.

Assassin = Alternate fist bm
    Psychic= Alternate Wizard

Of course it is possible these classes could be unique depending on what kind of party buffs they have and perhaps a new element would be nice as well. They better make Knives for the assassin class because if they have to use fists or claws or somesht Its going to suck xD
    Your right it would be cool to make them crit alot hopeful they can add stealth as a passive kill. Question is what would be an assasins aoe.
    As I walk down the path of life I meet new people. Each person created by God to be unique. Yet they go their own way never crossing my path again.In the end, as I walk this lonely path of mine my greatest wish is for someone else to walk this path with me.

PW rocks lol.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    blue2282 wrote: »
    Your right it would be cool to make them crit alot hopeful they can add stealth as a passive kill. Question is what would be an assasins aoe.

Shadowy figures come from the ground around the targets?
  • josiyah
    josiyah Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ladiec wrote: »
    i am not rerolling but i can't wait to see them hehe and new maps yes yes yes what funn

I am rerolling because my top is only 3x lols
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm rickrolling because I can. Also, assassins could have many aoes. It's impossible to tell at this point in time.
  • orcsam
    orcsam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OMG I FOUND TEH TIDEBORRNZ!!!

TIDEBORN.png

Yeah, sorry. Used heromachine on this website - http://www.ugo.com/

xD IT WAS FUN.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    blue2282 wrote: »

Maybe some sort of deadly poison needle spray that paralyzes/slows/seals or crazy array of daggers b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Oh dear God we're all gonna die... b:cry
  • Dhakir - Lost City
    Dhakir - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    johnmer wrote: »
    well i think that psychic will be like LA/Arcane users.... and their main stat would be int however they convert the damage into physical (at a certain ratio so magic dealers wont whine too much :P) since psychics uses their minds to attack people physically...convertion of MagAtk into Physical dmg would go with the psychic stereotype... also they use psychics to mess with minds therefore confusion might happen as well... Another thing worth mentioning would be mesisng with race's minds would also mean like lowering pdef/mdef....

another cool feature would be like confunding enemies into attacking other monsters... maybe just like a veno but temporarily and have a wide range of monsters to confund... for example, confunding a tauroc slave into attacking nearby enemies and the duration would equal to the mob's hp being drained until the confunded mob dies :P....

assassins: idunno...not really fan of physical types :P

Yes i agree with your idea od Psychics i also heard they will have the ability to give they stregth or maybe to the confunding mob/pet to allies and invisibility and nockback attacks.

assasin well they my get invisibility and some agro down. fast speed movement fast casting XD

my questiong is they will star at lvl 1? like every other race? right? right?
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In other game I used to play....

Assassins ( could be the rogue in the other game), they had the ability to sneak and be invisible, they gave more damage if they were attacking the back of the mob, the speed was very good ( kind of with the claws in PWI), and they were mostly using knives and stuff in that range, they also had good DOT as skills.

Psychicks ( could be the enchanter in the other game), they had the ability to put to sleep mobs ( was called mesmerizing) as well as "charming" mobs to be their pet with always a chance for the mob to turn on them, they were also debuffer, and had decent damage.. but they were mostly used for crowd control and debuffers. They also had 2 great buffs: 1 to increase attack rate and 1 to regen mana.. but other classes has that here so :)
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    suudins1 wrote: »

Ok, but HOW did you exactly entered the - unavailable - area ? b:surrender
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok, but HOW did you exactly entered the - unavailable - area ? b:surrender

Going down there when you're disconnected from Server, apparently S:
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Well, that thing doesn't work, maybe he dc before and after was flying there ? o.O was too curious to see that lol. b:chuckle
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I did that. And took pics http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4335312#post4335312
  • davelino3283
    davelino3283 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i would think that the tideborn class would be like starting under water...
    (i just thought of that because of the name lol)
    any way i think that this new class would be quite good since the game has been getting quite boring...the new class should gie it some spiceb:laughb:laughb:chuckle
  • hajnalnereyn
    hajnalnereyn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry if this has been answered but I don't want to go through 33 pages of text x_x Are any of the new Tideborn areas for higher level players, or will it only be for levels 1-20(approx)?
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm 99.999999999% sure that the new areas will be mostly for levels 1-20, and afterward, they'll head to Archosaur like all the rest of us.
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hajnalnereyn
    hajnalnereyn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well.. that's no fun :( Maybe they'll have a badass dungeon for the higher levels.. (I can dream, can't I?)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well.. that's no fun :( Maybe they'll have a badass dungeon for the higher levels.. (I can dream, can't I?)

I would think they would add more water content, because of the water race, at least a few higher level places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
This discussion has been closed.