edited September 2009
    Options
    Tomorrow wednesday... Maybe we get some other informations... b:begb:beg
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kostas wrote: »
    i have been playing pwi for a year and i was really praying for new race and classes..but this is really disapointing..tideborn??? fish like creatures sounds like very **** to me.i would prefer smth like undead or ghosts race.and about the class i really wanted one full force necromancer just to add some darkness to the game.i dont care about the melee class maybe smth like a dark knight what i wanted.ok they really let me down.i hope psycic makes up for it.
    What rock have u been under during school. This is an asian game like someone said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Riwu - Sanctuary
    Riwu - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If this update, starts a new server?
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If this update, starts a new server?

I'd imagine once things get going and they work out any bugs and balance out the classes, they'll probably open new servers.

It just makes sense that they'd open new ones so that new tideborns can have a chance to be the same lvl as the current 9/10x's. Theres no way they would ever catch up.
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All the classes got their own land. If this race is released they would most likely have their own as well. So we could expect pve TW on new land once this is released. If not then the tideborn got themselves screwed and landless. b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All the classes got their own land. If this race is released they would most likely have their own as well. So we could expect pve TW on new land once this is released. If not then the tideborn got themselves screwed and landless. b:chuckle

hahahaha, that would be kinda funny. "We have all the land, tideborns? Oh you guys can hang out in the water! Have fun with that, scrubs!"
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wont the new race be a bit disadvantaged though? every other race has gone so far already. They are just beginning.....
    Although a bunch of tideborn ppl will prolly overlevel me..... b:cry FRIGGIN SCHOOL!
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I wonder what environment would be native to tideborn.
    Right now: air is for elf (due to flight mastery), water is for untamed (due to swim mastery, although veno's got bugged), land is for human (BM got movement buff, and although Distance Shrink work everywhere it is still an Earth element spell). So what is TideBorn left with? Perhap they can pass through wall? :O
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wont the new race be a bit disadvantaged though? every other race has gone so far already. They are just beginning.....

Perhaps they have always existed in some undiscovered land, and only recently they have come into contact with us?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    soooooooooo......... what aerogear do they ride?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fishes like flying fish.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fishes like flying fish.
    I wanna ride a jellyfish b:chuckle better yet Mantivip mount
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sharksb:sin
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd love it if they rode around in these

sardines.jpg

but not everyone loves irony as much as I do so, who knows?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I 4got how to post pics
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I 4got how to post pics

try the icon of a picture on the editing bar above the text box b:shocked
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kenny04spongebobjellyfikv5.jpg

BEHOLD THE TIDEBORN
    edited September 2009
    Options

sardines.jpg

i rode that.............. at train stations in the morning in japan.........
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Baywatch+-+Soundtrack.jpg
    TIDEBORN???
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In another game I played in the past assassins had the skill "Invisibility". It would allow them to disappear for an indefinite amount of time, but if they were within an AoE range they would get hit by it and reappear. Also if they attacked or looted a box they would reappear. It was more meant to be stealth to sneak away or sneak up on and get the first hit. Perhaps this skill even lets a player "sneak" around an aggro mob so long as they don't attack it.

In the same game another class had a skill that would let you detect people who were invisible. So maybe the psychic has a counter skill to detect people hiding. Just a thought.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In another game I played in the past assassins had the skill "Invisibility". It would allow them to disappear for an indefinite amount of time, but if they were within an AoE range they would get hit by it and reappear. Also if they attacked or looted a box they would reappear. It was more meant to be stealth to sneak away or sneak up on and get the first hit. Perhaps this skill even lets a player "sneak" around an aggro mob so long as they don't attack it.

In the same game another class had a skill that would let you detect people who were invisible. So maybe the psychic has a counter skill to detect people hiding. Just a thought.

Cloak of shadow and Vision of Prey i'm guessing. ^^
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Chisukie - Lost City
    Chisukie - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I think archers should have that, beacuse think your trying to pvp, suddenly the atacker is just behind you, giving you no chance to deal 100% damage on it, and if they have a basic speed buff that would mean we cant run and are doomd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It was just a suggestion. Not a chance to give archers more PvP skills. lol. Besides then it would require more teamwork in PK situations.

Not to mention this is all hypothetical. Even the speed buff was a suggestion by another player, not an actual skill by the devs yet.

As for the names of the skills not the game I was thinking of. They were un-originally named Invisibility and Seeing Eye. It was a game I "Deicided" to stop playing when this game came out. b:chuckle Haven't looked back since.
  • Ritsukas - Heavens Tear
    Ritsukas - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psychic could play similer to a Mesmer in [removed], however I could see that being extremely overpowered or underpowered in PW depending on how it's handled.

Assassins in [removed],have a unique shadow step ability. Basically,it's a teleport with various effects depending on the shadow step skill used,could be offense (shadow step to target) or defensive (shadow step away from target/to ally). They also used attack chains for attacks,basically a series of attacks that had to be used in a specific order depending on the skill type. This could allow for some quick damage spikes depending upon the chain. The downside is assassin skills tend to be very energy hungry ( MP) and one block or miss is enough to force you to start a chain over without being able to finish it.

Example: Lead Attack->off-hand attack->dual attack->repeat

Wouldn't mind some of those traits in a PW assassin.
    edited September 2009
    Options

sardines.jpg

i just noticed this can is WRONG! >;O
    the sardines in the front are so short they look folded over.... or are they...
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there's a set facing the front and a set facing their back (you can't see their heads)

but honestly that's a shopped pic, sardines look nowhere near that fresh when they come from a tin
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there's a set facing the front and a set facing their back (you can't see their heads)

but honestly that's a shopped pic, sardines look nowhere near that fresh when they come from a tin
    I've had a few cans close to that lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You must use a much more high quality brand than the ones at the pizza place I worked at in collegeb:chuckle. I guess that would make sense, as presentability becomes a non-issue after baking them
  • jimangidude
    jimangidude Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure but I guess that the assassin will be able to go invisible temporarily and go fast. Also do massive damage from behind. I think they will have skill with a bow but mainly blades. As for the Psychics, the name hints at telekinesis and mind control, so I was maybe they could convert the enemy. Like a temporary pet. That's what I think they may be able to do.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know I posted this before but I can't help torturing you guysb:chuckle

001_yiy.png
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
This discussion has been closed.