TideBorn?

Comments

• Argoa - Heavens Tear
    Argoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think the Tideborn will be a little less fish-like as you guys are all expecting, i mean, walking on water, water based attacks, fish mounts, etc. I think the psychics and assasians will be a little more like what their name implies, kind of like how a barbarian has to do with strong attacks and tanking. I think the assasians will be kind of like a melee archer, fast attacks, good crits and so on. I think they might use swords/fists/claws/new weps. Psychics could be more magic based then you guys are thinking. They could use magic weapons and do stuff like predict what the enemy is going to do next, and counter attack, or they could use Psychokinesis. Maybe as a passive ability for the race, water based mobs would do less damage to them, or something like that.

I think it would be cool to be kind of atlantis-like, kind of like they once had a city but it got wiped out in pan gu's floods, and the remaining survivors adapted to the water, and they have a city underwater someplace, or, if you look at the map in game, you can see some places shaded, and at the bottom the a place that stretches out, maybe they will add new land, and the TB will be on land.

As for aerogear, they dont neccesarily have to fly, they could ride some kind of land mount around, from a quest, but it would be awesome to ride one of these: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/chetterbox1992/fantasy/bestiary/phoenixes/Water_Phoenix_by_ShadowDragon22.jpg. And maybe the undines around Plume would be like mutated TBs caused by something in the water.

Maybe they could have an alternate form, like a mermaid/man thing that triggers when you go in the water as a TB. The alt. form could be faster than everyone else and do more dmg to water enemies.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think we're overlooking the obvious. there are elves and venomancer enemies, looks like we might already have our tideborn oin thewater and not realizing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is true, but aren't they all named "elf" and "venomancer"?
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can someone give out a specific time that the expansion will be released? Like the month that we will get it or a time period other than just the future. I'm not a psychic but kind of interested in playing one.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    This is true, but aren't they all named "elf" and "venomancer"?
    only because they're out in that form right now. (aka we can play them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can someone give out a specific time that the expansion will be released? Like the month that we will get it or a time period other than just the future. I'm not a psychic but kind of interested in playing one.

Aren't we all... ...okay, no, I'm more interested in Assassin instead of Psychic, but anyway--

I think the GMs are contractually obligated to keep any information such as a release date under wraps. Either that, or the developers/higher-ups have yet to pass down the information on when the Tideborn are coming. All we've got now is a tease, and we only have that by the grace of The Almighty Upper Management.

As much as I'm looking forward to figuring out what an Assassin class can do... we gotta wait. At least talking about them can be entertaining...?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i would hazard a guess that they might look something like Mrs.Zoo's husband, who lives in Arch harbour:

20p1tll.jpg

ok any have clue about it?

Well no flame here i just asking, And no make False And stupid statament about it (I kowm many will be speculation)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i would hazard a guess that they might look something like Mrs.Zoo's husband, who lives in Arch harbour:

20p1tll.jpg

im gonna laugh if they just look like normal ppl just w/ gills on the side of their necks, and everyone's dissapointed =P
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • AnimaEmpress - Lost City
    AnimaEmpress - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    bigxbear wrote: »
    im gonna laugh if they just look like normal ppl just w/ gills on the side of their necks, and everyone's dissapointed =P

actualy i think that is reasonabul for how they will look, i mean look at the origianl blacked out pic from when they officaly announced it. it looks like a human (no tail) with those fins for ears, and claws(proly w/ extra webbing)
    p.s. sry for the bad spelling, its late for me...
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    actualy i think that is reasonabul for how they will look, i mean look at the origianl blacked out pic from when they officaly announced it. it looks like a human (no tail) with those fins for ears, and claws(proly w/ extra webbing)
    p.s. sry for the bad spelling, its late for me...
    the picture has to be a female
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tifazero
    tifazero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    idk if anyone has noticed, but the actual tideborn city can be seen from south of dragon temple. Ive been there myself .. you cant everything.. but its worth checking out ;D
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    bigxbear wrote: »

There have already been quotes on how they made the 3 original races. The gear and clothing is adaptable between the 3 & leaving very little necessity for re-modelling. There would be so much fashion (including unreleased) and gear needing new models if they arent simply similar to the original 3 races with just color/shading differences, or plopped on fins (a-la elf head feathers). Sorry, but i think anyone expecting a nice change in appearance will be sadly dissappointed.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Do you think that the TideBorn class will have the only under water fb in PWI? b:question Witch it ill be the only fb that is completely underwater. b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    bandwidth exceeded :-\
    I know. annotingly EVERYONE's been looking at these pics, so I url'd them instead, but it was too late, it'll take a few days to sort
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here is some screenshots of the Tideborn area south of dreamweaver port. You need to have your distance set on max to be able to see it.

2009-09-0715-32-33.jpg
    2009-09-0715-36-07.jpg
  • Kingll - Heavens Tear
    Kingll - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/itype/291
    hmmm could this be the assasins weapon b:sin
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/itype/291
    hmmm could this be the assasins weapon b:sin

if thats an assasin's weap, that would be a bit odd o.O would be cool, but odd... and if whips/staves are implemented, i certainly hope they make some TT versions of it, so far it seems that there are only normal ones, no legendaries either
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if thats an assasin's weap, that would be a bit odd o.O would be cool, but odd... and if whips/staves are implemented, i certainly hope they make some TT versions of it, so far it seems that there are only normal ones, no legendaries either

whips make sense for venos but odd for every other class.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    but the agi req...its rather demanding. not something a caster class can afford to have i dont think.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    it has to be an asn weapon, asn are agility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I always saw this picture of a girl on the main website and had my suspicions, but after seeing the shadow I think she really might be a TideBorn.

tideborn_maybe.jpg
    The fin-like things sort of remind me of the winged elves' feathery ears.
    What do you think?

Explain.
    2u46izd.jpg

Why does the "Not-so-Panda" looking panda have nun-chucks?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Explain.
    2u46izd.jpg

ah, but it's still a panda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Explain.
    2u46izd.jpg

Woot!! Nun-chuck ninja =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Battlebash - Heavens Tear
    Battlebash - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wat is better assassin or psychic because wen it comes out i want to make one of dem straight away?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wat is better assassin or psychic because wen it comes out i want to make one of dem straight away?

How would we know?b:sweat
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I warn you. Soon you reach 30 I will start pking you..>:D

EDIT: ...hopefully with my nix
  • sleith
    sleith Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The last assasin type character i played on a game had a mix of melee and ranged attacks (which would rock). Was also the fastest character in the game with a self buff that incresed movement speed as well as attack (that would be a cool party buff). Did use claws and only claws. Had the ability to set AOE traps. Also was able to use a cloak skill to sneak up on enemies. Also used what was called charge up skills that you would use to build up specific energy type then release it with a different attack. I think anything even close to that would be an awsome character. As for the Physic never played anything like it. Want to try both of them out as soon as possible.
  • kostas
    kostas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have been playing pwi for a year and i was really praying for new race and classes..but this is really disapointing..tideborn??? fish like creatures sounds like very **** to me.i would prefer smth like undead or ghosts race.and about the class i really wanted one full force necromancer just to add some darkness to the game.i dont care about the melee class maybe smth like a dark knight what i wanted.ok they really let me down.i hope psycic makes up for it.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    kostas wrote: »
    i have been playing pwi for a year and i was really praying for new race and classes..but this is really disapointing..tideborn??? fish like creatures sounds like very **** to me.i would prefer smth like undead or ghosts race.and about the class i really wanted one full force necromancer just to add some darkness to the game.i dont care about the melee class maybe smth like a dark knight what i wanted.ok they really let me down.i hope psycic makes up for it.

These type of class come from the Western culture. Although there are similar concept in Eastern it is not the same. So I don't think it will fit in with the culture of the game.
This discussion has been closed.