TideBorn?

Options

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    From an interview recently:
    The Rising Tide expansion is largely centered on the concept of water. Most of the new zones are either underwater or aquatically themed. You'll see giant walls constructed of sea-horses, or enormous marshes filled with mushrooms of varying sizes and colors.

I think that's proof that the island near Dreamweaver is involved with the new race. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    From an interview recently:

I think that's proof that the island near Dreamweaver is involved with the new race. b:cute

great........ they added an area where we travel slower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    great........ they added an area where we travel slower

Considering the other 90% (or more) of the map is at ground or air level, a few more wet zones don't seem like that big a deal to me. Actually, it seems kind of fun. Sure, you can't swim all that fast, but nobody said the home town itself was underwater. -shrugs-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Considering the other 90% (or more) of the map is at ground or air level, a few more wet zones don't seem like that big a deal to me. Actually, it seems kind of fun. Sure, you can't swim all that fast, but nobody said the home town itself was underwater. -shrugs-
    and remember to add the lag b:pleased just like west archo for a few days, cept most places are underwater and slower to travel from the start
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KAlend - Sanctuary
    KAlend - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yay new classes... i hope the assassins use daggers.
    and also for the flying mounts... clouds perhaps??b:victory
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yes, I think we've established that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone else notice that if you hit the edge of the map by the TB city and try to go forward, sometimes it sarts to rain for a second? Apparently it's rainy there.

Edit: Oh, and the mountain with the seahorses on it west of the shiny crystal thing looks like a claw, maybe with finger holes?
  • DemonGal - Lost City
    DemonGal - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd be willing to give them a try when they are released, that's for sure.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If they're doing any basic rehashing of what these classes are like in other games.

The assassin will focus around speed and high crit damage.

The psychics will probably be a curse class. A cross between a veno and a mage possibly.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think the Tideborn will be a little less fish-like as you guys are all expecting, i mean, walking on water, water based attacks, fish mounts, etc. I think the psychics and assasians will be a little more like what their name implies, kind of like how a barbarian has to do with strong attacks and tanking. I think the assasians will be kind of like a melee archer, fast attacks, good crits and so on. I think they might use swords/fists/claws/new weps. Psychics could be more magic based then you guys are thinking. They could use magic weapons and do stuff like predict what the enemy is going to do next, and counter attack, or they could use Psychokinesis. Maybe as a passive ability for the race, water based mobs would do less damage to them, or something like that.

I think it would be cool to be kind of atlantis-like, kind of like they once had a city but it got wiped out in pan gu's floods, and the remaining survivors adapted to the water, and they have a city underwater someplace, or, if you look at the map in game, you can see some places shaded, and at the bottom the a place that stretches out, maybe they will add new land, and the TB will be on land.

As for aerogear, they dont neccesarily have to fly, they could ride some kind of land mount around, from a quest, but it would be awesome to ride one of these: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/chetterbox1992/fantasy/bestiary/phoenixes/Water_Phoenix_by_ShadowDragon22.jpg. And maybe the undines around Plume would be like mutated TBs caused by something in the water.

Maybe they could have an alternate form, like a mermaid/man thing that triggers when you go in the water as a TB. The alt. form could be faster than everyone else and do more dmg to water enemies.

So Bye Bye Archers? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    From Ecatomb:

I don't know more than you about the Tideborn. But the folowwing screen (posted on pwi forum) are real screen of the new classes (I saw the texture of it in chinese files, and it's not monster/npc files, but player files).
    Don't know if Psychic will look the same, and actually skill don't exist.

Male assassin:
    http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5265/pwi1.jpg
    Female assassin:
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4117/pwi2.jpg
  • Azaia - Lost City
    Azaia - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nice! Can't wait b:victory
  • XxThe_BarbxX - Heavens Tear
    XxThe_BarbxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So like is this class being released in the pach that is being done? I realy want to see the new chars. Oh the possablitys... lolb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Server: Heavens Tear | Faction: Cathedral
    -=FB/TT/TW/Web Site/Forums/GSC=-
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kanel321 wrote: »
    From Ecatomb:

I don't know more than you about the Tideborn. But the folowwing screen (posted on pwi forum) are real screen of the new classes (I saw the texture of it in chinese files, and it's not monster/npc files, but player files).
    Don't know if Psychic will look the same, and actually skill don't exist.

Male assassin:
    http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5265/pwi1.jpg
    Female assassin:
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4117/pwi2.jpg

Male has no shorts and the female is topless (not to mention she lacks the long underwear that other "naked" female characters have).

I'm not sure if they're real or fake but I'm leaning a little towards fake. If the Tideborn really were released in another version (judging by the fact that they're in-game with other players standing around them) then I'd think a lot more than just two screen shots would have been leaked.

Now watch my comments come back to bite me in the **** when the Tideborn are released.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • ShadowsCast - Dreamweaver
    ShadowsCast - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hope they add onto the ocean. Have you ever noticed there isn't much coastline? There aren't many water mobs either in comparison to land. I'm thinking a new ocean section/expansion on world map with an underwater Tideborn home city like Atlantis. That would be nice.b:victory
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hey, that looks like the undine I was saying a while ago.. it just got reskined
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanel321
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Male has no shorts and the female is topless (not to mention she lacks the long underwear that other "naked" female characters have).

I'm not sure if they're real or fake but I'm leaning a little towards fake. If the Tideborn really were released in another version (judging by the fact that they're in-game with other players standing around them) then I'd think a lot more than just two screen shots would have been leaked.

Now watch my comments come back to bite me in the **** when the Tideborn are released.
    Judging from Ecatombs comments it seems like the pics are from the game files on the chinese version of the game . I dont think the pics were taken on the live server but probably a test one . That would explain the incompleteness of the pics, i guess we will just have to wait and see.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kanel321 wrote: »
    Judging from Ecatombs comments it seems like the pics are from the game files on the chinese version of the game . I dont think the pics were taken on the live server but probably a test one . That would explain the incompleteness of the pics, i guess we will just have to wait and see.

Could be a test server. I don't know why people would have cow shops on a test server though, seems pointless to me.
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think spoons said pwi will be the first to obtain this expansion so I dunno how another version of pw could already have it. then again its 4am and my brain could be giving me bs memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think spoons said pwi will be the first to obtain this expansion so I dunno how another version of pw could already have it. then again its 4am and my brain could be giving me bs memory.

Not exactly, he said that no other versions had released the expansion (at the time he posted). It's possible that another version released the Tideborn (they've doomed us all) some time after spoon's comment.
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Could be a test server. I don't know why people would have cow shops on a test server though, seems pointless to me.

Or it could be on a live server, and with someone editing the game files. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • kanel321
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Or it could be on a live server, and with someone editing the game files. b:shocked
    if that is so perhaps we will see a comment from spoons .
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    Mazzie - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hope they are not bald though. Thats pretty fugly.

b:angry
    Mazzy the Veno pet collector!
    Feel the power of my Rhinodrake!b:chuckle
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    Mazzie - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

That picture has been cut out using photoshop, and the head does not fit the body. Thats definately a fake feeling picture. Or the posturing is really bad!

The Body looks like it was just colored diferently
    Mazzy the Veno pet collector!
    Feel the power of my Rhinodrake!b:chuckle
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That picture has been cut out using photoshop, and the head does not fit the body. Thats definately a fake feeling picture. Or the posturing is really bad!

Ok.:D:D:D:D:D
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh em gee, slight nudity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

have you created male characters? they posture badly anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That doesn't look very legit, however let me caution against any activities that involve or promote the unauthorized modification of game files. The consequences for such things could be very serious.
  • gadan13
    gadan13 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when will we know more about TideBorn? I'm crazy for know!b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.