Untamed Cultivation Bug - post here

Comments

• hcmetal
    hcmetal Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I thought it was coming out tonight or tomorrow?
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No the GM just said that its not gona be fixed tonight...
    I wana know when they think it will be fixed but so far no reply... not a good sign
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I know its been a week and its not gone get fixed tonight but

I want to know an estimated date that you think it will start to work again.b:sad

I want my cultivation b:cry
  • SoulHowl - Sanctuary
    SoulHowl - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ive just reach lvl 20 with just 2 skills but to hear that it wont be fixed this week is just annoying... ive been looking forward to tonight but after hearing this makes my barb seem so useless... Is there anything at all u GM's/Devs can do?... _Miku_ said to give us a gift for our suffering and i think thats a good idea... i only started last week just b4 the latest patch came out this problem is just leaving my barb slow and weak... but im still going to play i guess and hope for the bug to be fixed next week...
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Ive just reach lvl 20 with just 2 skills but to hear that it wont be fixed this week is just annoying... ive been looking forward to tonight but after hearing this makes my barb seem so useless... Is there anything at all u GM's/Devs can do?... _Miku_ said to give us a gift for our suffering and i think thats a good idea... i only started last week just b4 the latest patch came out this problem is just leaving my barb slow and weak... but im still going to play i guess and hope for the bug to be fixed next week...
    I know how you feel D:
    I was looking so forward to tonight and bam!!
    Now im sad and a bit frustrated >.>
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this sux. i understand if ur having problems fixing this. so at the very least, once its fixed, ignore the normal maintnence scheduling and fix the glitch
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • cullens33
    cullens33 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hi im a venomancer and im in Dreamweaver i cant do my spirit cultivation lvl 9 ans i started the character 2 times already can u plz fix this problem
  • SnuggleBun - Heavens Tear
    SnuggleBun - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I really like this game, however it's almost scary to play my veno because I dont want the hard work and countless quests to be all for nothing. If you cant give a fix, can you atleast ask the dev's what possible consequences of this bug may be? I want to continue playing her, but not if there are possibilities of it being for nothing. If it comes down to a server roll back (which I have experienced on another game I pay to play) will we be given options like our work we have done going towards a new character? Or will our characters just start fresh again b:sad

Just kinda a let down since we cant really enjoy the bonuses from the anniversary... Will those atleast be extended now?
  • kinkitsune
    kinkitsune Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My understanding is that this issue occured around the same time this anniversary event started. I'm not really certain of the connection between PWI and other versions of PW, but my question is does this same bug occur in other versions of the game - and if not, would it be related to the anniversary event? Should this be the case, can we really expect to see it fixed before the end of the month when the anniversary event will end? What makes me consider this is, we're getting close to middle of the month, the dev team probably has hands full with the coming expansion, and on the other hand risking any problems in the current event would obviously feel like a fairly big threat.. and I suppose there's possibility that with the event closing and things returning to normal (at the end of month), there's fair chance that this bug would also 'fix itself' so to speak. Well, what I'd like to know is kind of 'where are we going', since this thing apparently didn't make it to the first wishful schedule?
  • kinkitsune
    edited September 2009
    If it comes down to a server roll back (which I have experienced on another game I pay to play) will we be given options like our work we have done going towards a new character? Or will our characters just start fresh again b:sad

Just my two cents - but I don't think you'll need to worry about server rollback. If you consider all the real money economy involved, the zen/gold that people have bought, sold, traded and spent during the event - all the people who happened to win special items, then perhaps sold and traded them... a rollback to start of the event would be.. well, impossible.

Also, logically, I can't see a single reason why - after the bug is gone - the current characters wouldn't be able to pick up on the line of quests. The line of quests cannot be dependent on particular level range - theoretically someone might get powerleveled to, say, level 30 without ever taking the cultivation quests.. and then returning back to do them. As such, the quests have to be robust enough to work correctly in this kind of situation.

Also since people who already did do the lvl9 cultivation earlier can advance normally, my best guess would be the problem is simply in the trigger that causes the lvl9 cultivation quest to appear for the taoist.

P.s.
    Sorry about the double post, the first one took a while to write, the second was separate issue to respond to the earlier post I only saw after posting the first.
  • Orphin - Dreamweaver
    Orphin - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Yeah, it sucks but atleast you dont really run out of quests to do.
    With the basic skills from starting ive gotten to lvl 32 without being able to do the cultivations. Only time I ran out was at lvl 29 and had to grind to lvl 30.
    So Atleast you can keep lvling while you wait.
    edited September 2009
    kinkitsune wrote: »
    Just my two cents - but I don't think you'll need to worry about server rollback. If you consider all the real money economy involved, the zen/gold that people have bought, sold, traded and spent during the event - all the people who happened to win special items, then perhaps sold and traded them... a rollback to start of the event would be.. well, impossible.

-- Not impossible really. I play Anarchy Online, which Ive been a paid player since 2005. Real money is involved and people had done raids and won rolls on things hard to normally acquire, and they still had to do a server roll back to fix a previous birthday event patch. Hoping this will not be the case, but was just a question b:thanks
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i just start playing this game a couple days ago. so i am VERY new to this game (well not that new since i played this game for a few days when this game FIRST was released then quit for other reasons) but i did alot of research and i know the basics atleast. but i have played my fair share of f2p MMOs. in other MMOs like this one a problem of this caliber usually calls for a emergency maintenance. that means that all service is stoped for a brief period untill the problem is solved. and after the problem is solved a compensation event is held for the inconvenicen such as a 2x or 3x exp event with 2x or 3x drops and other fabulous prizes. even Cash shop items (in this case boutique items?) are given out as rewards for the emergency maintenance.

now im not complaining (much) or nothing but as a new player i must say it is VERY frustrating and irritating. when i first reached lvl 9 the help menu told me i was able to lvl up my cultivation. of course i did the quest thinking my cultivation was lvled so i went to learn skills for my fox form and my lvl 10 skill which the guides told me to get/max. i was confused that it said i still needed a higher cultivation even tho i already did the quest. so i looked everywhere and even went to other cities just to try and find out how to get my skills... i even lvled up more to 14 thinking that was the problem. but to no avail. so i finnally check the forums and ask around and was pointed to this thread.

now i know alot of u "higher lvls" will just see me as a QQing noob but pls think of it from my point of view... newer players just starting off in this game have no idea the quest is broken unless they check the forums. and checking the forums is not always the first thought in there head when ALL the guides they DID read tells them already how to do the quest. so naturally they will think there doing it right cuz it does give u the quest and u do complete it, but it does not lvl ur cultivation and thats were confusion starts. so pls see this from our view point since i know u higher lvls already have ur skills and dont care if we lower lvls get ours or not... also know that for ppl starting out this games mechanics are VERY confusing. so no new player will simply and automatically rule it out as a bug and will instead do everything they can to find out what they did wrong instead... and then they will get frustrated and quit once they find out that they cant do the quest at all or get there skills... now i know alot of u are saying "who the **** cares if they quit" or "its not like it affects the game as a whole since there not that many ppl below lvl 9" but again that only tells me the quality of how this game is maintained which is very poorly from my impressions...

anyway its a serious issue and honestly it should have been fixed last week when the problem first appeared (even tho i wasnt playing this game last week lol) other MMOs ive played fix these types of problems immediatly especially if the problem PREVENTS a entire class/race from advancing further in the game...

i think this issue is being taken care of very lightly considering how big of a issue it truly is. a game that has a bug that prevents a race/class from learning new skills or advancing further in the game for a entire week and longer really says alot about how this game is maintained... im not bashing on any of the GMs because from playing other MMOs i know GMs dont have alot of power like many ppl seem to think they do, but seriously look at the issue at hand. something like this should have been fixed a LONG time ago and its almost unheard of to let a bug like this go unfixed for this long

i like this game and starting to like it more then the other MMO i play and i dont want to quit just yet so thats why im waiting this out, but pls understand where the venos/barbs below lvl 9 are coming from and dont flame them for giving VERY VERY legitimate and understandable complaints.
  • kinkitsune
    edited September 2009
    -- Not impossible really. I play Anarchy Online, which Ive been a paid player since 2005. Real money is involved and people had done raids and won rolls on things hard to normally acquire, and they still had to do a server roll back to fix a previous birthday event patch. Hoping this will not be the case, but was just a question b:thanks
    I suppose. Zen could be restored, event could be restarted, so overall there wouldn't be 'unfair loss' like that. I could see the flames scorching the floors of haven though. X_X I imagine to prompt something like that, it would take a very major issue, something that would complitely overthrow the balance of the game - some abusable bug that would give crazy coins for people, or loot table on some area so screwed that legendary items were raining from the sky.. or some bug that introduced some deep corruption to database. Can't see it happening in this case though - but I guess one can never know for sure.
    i think this issue is being taken care of very lightly considering how big of a issue it truly is. a game that has a bug that prevents a race/class from learning new skills or advancing further in the game for a entire week and longer really says alot about how this game is maintained... im not bashing on any of the GMs because from playing other MMOs i know GMs dont have alot of power like many ppl seem to think they do, but seriously look at the issue at hand. something like this should have been fixed a LONG time ago and its almost unheard of to let a bug like this go unfixed for this long
    What perhaps bugs me the most about this is the lack of informing the newer players. In other words, why isn't there a note about this issue in the 'news' section of the login tool, or perhaps the notice that pops up after login? It shouldn't be too much to ask for a notice there with a link to somewhere with more info about the matter - perhaps this thread. Not after it's been going on as long as it has. If 1000 new players wasted 5 hours because of this issue, that would be approximately 2 years worth of 8-hour days wasted from people altogether. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were approaching such counts. If it's the worry about putting new players off with that kind of notice.. well, I think that would just be unethical. I can't think of any other reason, though.
    edited September 2009
    Some kind of notice would be nice to see, yes. If I had known that Untamed had problems, I would've made another class until it was fixed. If new players were informed of this problem publicly, then there would be less frustration after realizing things. Even some kind of progression report would be great other than "They're working on it". I know when game glitches and bugs arise in the other game I play, there is always notices put out on the forums from the dev's/Gm's to inform people what is happening behind the scenes. At the moment it's frustrating because no one knows what is going on and running off of speculations or assumptions. I know sometimes that is hard to do given certain situations that they really may not know what is wrong, but some kind of information on what could possibly happen, or what could happen in place of new fixes...just something lol. Constantly hearing "They're working on it" gets old and people start to think that things aren't taken seriously, especially given the fact that a new maintenance update is being put up and nothing was done about the given situation.
  • patek
    patek Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    delete this post >.<
  • FuzzyBum - Heavens Tear
    FuzzyBum - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some kind of notice would be nice to see, yes. If I had known that Untamed had problems, I would've made another class until it was fixed. If new players were informed of this problem publicly, then there would be less frustration after realizing things.

My girlfriend is right, if we would have known about the problems going on with that quest then, we would have made another class instead of putting all of our frustrations into wondering what the hell is going on >.< lol But yea, hope things get fixed soon so everyone that started playing the untamed class can finally have a fun time again.
  • kinkitsune
    edited September 2009
    Scratch that, I went back to check it today, and could see the quest now. My quest list was totally loaded last time I went looking, maybe I just didn't have room for it - although I'd imagine it would still at least show the quest. Either way seems to work out now. (Has anyone noticed any other missing/broken quests? It might be difficult to notice such, but personally I can't find the quest to expans the pet storage, the one that's done using hay from Pet Skill Trainer Hu. Does anyone know if it depends on cultivation level?)
    edited September 2009
    I'm not sure, but I received that quest without any problems. I however put it aside for now because hay is annoying to get. I don't believe this has anything to do with cultivation. Try going to this site. http://www.1perfectworld.com/wiki/International-Guides:Venomancer+Pet+Quests
  • junior34
    junior34 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    when i was lvling up to 8 or 6 i had a pop up about Spiritual adept...
    then i go thier to the Moist the Npc that says Destiny truth w/e then i got i go to Questss and get the Spiritual Adept then i Conformed it and i got to the Lost City Ruslce[the Npc ]
    and their was no Quest in Thier Q_Q Help me Pls Fix the bug pweas =Db:victory
  • Orphin - Dreamweaver
    Orphin - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    kinkitsune wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed any other missing/broken quests? It might be difficult to notice such, but personally I can't find the quest to expans the pet storage, the one that's done using hay (from Pet Skill Trainer Hu). Does anyone know if it depends on cultivation level?

I just finished my pet bag quest yesterday for hay and now I have one for fruit.
    So they work, I got mine from West District Archosaur next to the Apothacary near the gate.
  • Haerle - Sanctuary
    Haerle - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is the cult working now to where we can learn skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gavo6sk8
    gavo6sk8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Quest not available from Miao the Taoist to become spiritual adept and im lvl10. Is this normal? or did I miss something and cant fix it?
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    known bug, read sticky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    should POSSIBLY be fixed tomorrow with the matenence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Is the cult working now to where we can learn skills?
    no patch yet, give it a day or so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Apparently not.

They said about 7 pages ago it would not be fixed this patch. I do sympathise with both sides. The simple fact is this affects a whole race. The question is just how big a priority it is.

What probably happened was they rushed the work on the quest sequences to make time for the anniversary boxes.. Which as most know has been a complete disaster.

The question now is with a whole new race allegedly coming out, who provides tank cover to the clerics and everyone until then? The blademasters may be nice, but they cannot take a magic hit to save their lives....

So I will simply add this on my Christmas list of things I want to see done before then.

1. Fix the rubber band effect. Its not fun fighting bosses like krixx if you cannot escape if needed without boomeranging back to him. To say nothing of the world bosses. "Oh look I escaped Sword tamer." oh heck the boomerang pulled me back in his range. 25000 hps of damage later, the barely recognizable remains of the elf arrive in the morgue.

2. Make it so mobs cannot shoot thru walls in secret passage.. Better yet players should not even be able to run through the walls as is the case with so many in there.

3. Fix venomancer swimming. It does not even register as a skill,

4. allow pets to cross water bridges. I mean I know they scream and cry when they get abandoned at the shore.

5. Fb 59. This one is a lovely bug. Stop me if you have heard this one before. Barb tanks go after the magic mobs. Magic mobs run up the cliffs out of barb range. MObs blow the pants off barb while smiling. Barb tries running off to allow them to be pulled.... nope sorry chap they run right up another wall.

6. The lovely air deaths. I wish the screenshot one of my faction got was animated. Dead tiger spinning midair while dead is a lovely view.

7. Mana pots and potions for barb class updated. I mean with 10,000 + hp as a tank, a simple 2,000 hp pot is not going to help.. Heck wyvern does 3,000 on a bad day.

Let's see what else on my Christmas list. I think that covers it for now on the long list of things many would like to see fixed.

Oh yes.

8. Please.... limit the number of catshops per meter..... i mean come on 30 people trying to fit in a square big enough in arch for 1 shouldn't happen.. At least spread them out.

9. Make it impossible to set up catshops on npc's heads..

10. And my favorite. Goddess please no more huge mega sales, followed by things like the aniversary boxes to destroy the economy. I never thought the day would come where non cash players must pay 600,000 just for one gold.. I sincerely hope the 200 page topic was awake up call....

That covers my christmas list. Night all

Hang in there Barbs and veno.. The charge of the white brigade (shadaou cubs and white tigers all attacking at once) will be back we hope soon.
  • robi1989
    robi1989 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Rly... thats like slacking ... how can you let the people w8 1 week... i mean i started this 2 days ago cause my friend said its fun and all.. and now i get to se that u like dont give a damm about it.Honestly saying we dont know if its gona be fixed i mean .. lol.. arent you pros in your work?... comon guys fix this.
  • PyroFoxie - Dreamweaver
    PyroFoxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So I will simply add this on my Christmas list of things I want to see done before then.

So much, so loud... Most of your wishes touch game engine, so calm down. Nobody will rewrite basics even for fix theese bugs. WBR.
  • Zorsha - Harshlands
    Zorsha - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    FFS PW, get the damn cultivation fixed! I was actually hoping, for the 1st time ever, that I wouldn't be able to play tonight because server maintenance was going to address this issue. What a crock of...

Yay almost lvl 39 with ONE SKILL! GG PW!

b:angry b:angry b:angry
    Werewolf barb 63
    Pimp_Hand bm 69
    Malekith sin 75
    Luna_Glade cleric 61
    Mr_Spock wiz 66
    Dark_Lord archer 80
This discussion has been closed.