Rising Gold Prices

Options

Comments

• Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bump, bc Xar's post is just hilarious right now.....

Those tokens are "not" rare i see alteast 100+ an hour, nyone in heavens tear wud attest to it. even if only 30 percent of it gets turned to coin thats 150mil/hour.
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    nice way of necro'in a dead thread ><b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    uhh.. this is what we call in RL... INFLATION!!!!!!!!! b:cry
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well at least we finally got a reply from Gms so now we just wait till the pwi economy gets better.
    I wonder if the ppl who said they left will come back when the economy gets better
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You cant Drain the money's economy because the programmer from WOW is hacking to spread gold in PWI, so they get pissed at GM's and they will all play WOW the most famous game ever. lol my conspiracy theory
  • Sybershot - Lost City
    Sybershot - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the Info Xar. Idc what all the other people think but i seen Xars work on other games befor PW came out and i know hes one of the best GMs a game could have.... but ehh thats just me, think what you want.

Have Fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    [Insert necro word here so it can be found by the mods faster]

Necro is bad, by the way.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So any predictions of gold prices next week? Right now the prices are actually... rising on Lost City. Was around ~400k yesterday and around ~430k today.

Really hope prices go down to 300k or back to 200k..
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL, i had forgotten bout Xarfox's comment. Think this is the rare, good kind of necro. Bump!
  • Escobar - Harshlands
    Escobar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So what was that about lower gold prices again?
  • Xx_dee_xx - Harshlands
    Xx_dee_xx - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol i just saw the date this was 2 months ago it's even worst then before thanks GM's for still not fixing gold prices
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    [Insert necro word here so it can be found by the mods faster]
    Nah, this isn't a necro. This is an on-going, unresolved issue that's still relevant because right now is supposed to be the time when Gold is supposed to have been going back to normal. Besides, 2 weeks between posts isn't much of a necro even under normal circumstances.
    So any predictions of gold prices next week? Right now the prices are actually... rising on Lost City. Was around ~400k yesterday and around ~430k today.
    Wanna hear something bizarre? I just saw somebody wandering around Archo trying to find coin boxes so she could get some money. She was happy, because they're "only" 100k right now, so it's costing her less real-life money to open them than it did before the event started.

I... I didn't know what to say... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I bought some gold today, and wouldn't you know it, Hellfire Drake is no longer 20 Gold, but 25. When is this going back to normal? I need that 2 headed dragon!
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&amp;! jump!
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I need that 2 headed dragon!

Strong words xD.
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What I find strange is that the game's economy gets screwed up at the same time the USA economy gets screwed up. I know its the USA server, but isn't the game based in China?

Hopefully, this won't take as long to fix as the economy here in USA will.

Just throwing it out there: After this is over, we need to figure out a way to make sure it does't happen again. Maybe a commitee of players dedicated to keeping the economy balanced? I don't know, that's just off the top of my head.(Not sure if I should put that in Suggestions or not. Every time a thread pops up involving the ecocomy, it gets locked.)
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&amp;! jump!
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just throwing it out there: After this is over, we need to figure out a way to make sure it does't happen again. Maybe a commitee of players dedicated to keeping the economy balanced? I don't know, that's just off the top of my head.(Not sure if I should put that in Suggestions or not. Every time a thread pops up involving the ecocomy, it gets locked.)

Despite what some people continually repeat on the forums, players cannot control the gold market. PWE Management (or whoever is in charge of these cash-shop "events") does. PWE needs to figure out a way to make sure this doesn't happen again. If they're short on ideas, plenty of players have suggested ones already. But as usual, the current situation is caused by them, not the players.

Yes, it is true that as a whole, the player body sets the price of gold (in coins, not in relation to dollars). But any part of that whole acting without the entire support of all the players cannot exert control over the market, as there will always be some dissenters.

That notion is rather irrelevant anyways. People continually advocate not buying gold to lower the price. Why do people want the price of gold lower? So they can buy it with coins, because the boutique items are better than in-game items (or otherwise an important part of ordinary gameplay), thus making the prices rise once again.

The problem with PWI that is causing gold prices to continually rise is that what's available from the cash shop is much better than anything available in coin. There is almost nothing worth buying from NPCs. People spend their coin (a) sending it to other players through the auction house or cat shops, or (b) buying gold through the auctioneer, gold which is then used for charms, dragon orbs, etc.

For PW's economy to right itself, PWI management has to make some worthwhile and commonly used cash-shop items (or reasonable substitutes) available through NPCs for proper amounts of coin. Yes, a coin-sink. As it is, most of the consumable items in this game come from the cash shop, and thus the coin never disappears, but keeps accumulating, increasing the amount of coin available to buy gold, thus increasing the price of gold over time.

These silly cash shop events (Jolly Old Jones, Anniversary Boxes) accelerate things by offering what would be bargains if the gold price remained constant. The anniversary boxes have made flawless shards available for under 1 gold (using only the basic tokens). For an item that's worth 916k in coins to create, this clearly has a negative effect on the economy. Of course, the value of flawless shards has dropped dramatically, but the price of gold has risen dramatically due to this and other expensive or previously priceless items being available for much cheaper using gold.

Shards were one of the few real coin sinks in this game, and continuing to eliminate that by supplying valuable shards cheaply through the cash shop causes gold prices to continually rise. If they actually wanted a stable economy, introducing more items like shards that are available from NPCs (and making them less expensive than their cash shop equivalents) would be necessary.

I doubt any of this is likely to happen, because the status quo generates a lot of gold income for PWE in the short term.
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Despite what some people continually repeat on the forums, players cannot control the gold market. PWE Management (or whoever is in charge of these cash-shop "events") does. PWE needs to figure out a way to make sure this doesn't happen again. If they're short on ideas, plenty of players have suggested ones already. But as usual, the current situation is caused by them, not the players.

Yes, it is true that as a whole, the player body sets the price of gold (in coins, not in relation to dollars). But any part of that whole acting without the entire support of all the players cannot exert control over the market, as there will always be some dissenters.

That notion is rather irrelevant anyways. People continually advocate not buying gold to lower the price. Why do people want the price of gold lower? So they can buy it with coins, because the boutique items are better than in-game items (or otherwise an important part of ordinary gameplay), thus making the prices rise once again.

The problem with PWI that is causing gold prices to continually rise is that what's available from the cash shop is much better than anything available in coin. There is almost nothing worth buying from NPCs. People spend their coin (a) sending it to other players through the auction house or cat shops, or (b) buying gold through the auctioneer, gold which is then used for charms, dragon orbs, etc.

For PW's economy to right itself, PWI management has to make some worthwhile and commonly used cash-shop items (or reasonable substitutes) available through NPCs for proper amounts of coin. Yes, a coin-sink. As it is, most of the consumable items in this game come from the cash shop, and thus the coin never disappears, but keeps accumulating, increasing the amount of coin available to buy gold, thus increasing the price of gold over time.

These silly cash shop events (Jolly Old Jones, Anniversary Boxes) accelerate things by offering what would be bargains if the gold price remained constant. The anniversary boxes have made flawless shards available for under 1 gold (using only the basic tokens). For an item that's worth 916k in coins to create, this clearly has a negative effect on the economy. Of course, the value of flawless shards has dropped dramatically, but the price of gold has risen dramatically due to this and other expensive or previously priceless items being available for much cheaper using gold.

Shards were one of the few real coin sinks in this game, and continuing to eliminate that by supplying valuable shards cheaply through the cash shop causes gold prices to continually rise. If they actually wanted a stable economy, introducing more items like shards that are available from NPCs (and making them less expensive than their cash shop equivalents) would be necessary.

I doubt any of this is likely to happen, because the status quo generates a lot of gold income for PWE in the short term.
    Well, like I said, that idea is just off the top of my head. Something off the top of your head means that it was't really thought through. You raise a good point though.

No matter what, whoever has the power to do so must take measures to at least try and not let this happen again, or try to reduce the effect should it happen again.
  • Feles - Dreamweaver
    Feles - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why would they fix the gold prices? Players that don't/can't get Zen for gold really don't add to there profits. The higher the gold prices the better for them as it forces the players that don't get Zen to do one of two things buy Zen or quit. This game is slowly getting to the point where it well be implossible to play with out being able to buy Zen.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This game is slowly getting to the point where it well be implossible to play with out being able to buy Zen.

oh yes, because fashion/aerogear/mounts/etc is oh so important for the game

i love people who don't think about what they say...
    (this isnt directed purely at you Feles, hence my taking your name out of the quote)

seriously, there is NOTHING from the cashshop that is actually NECESSARY

granted, cashshop stuff makes life ALOT easier

but to say that the game is "impossible without cashshop items" is pure BS of the highest order
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

(this isnt directed purely at you Feles, hence my taking your name out of the quote)

but to say that the game is "impossible without cashshop items" is pure BS of the highest order

*Unless you PvP, TW, or play MMORPGs with any competitive goal.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

The Cash Shop items that people are referring to being needed is items such as charms, not fashion and mounts. For a cleric, an MP charm is required for higher level instances. Only way to keep up Blue Bubble indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The Cash Shop items that people are referring to being needed is items such as charms, not fashion and mounts. For a cleric, an MP charm is required for higher level instances. Only way to keep up Blue Bubble indefinitely.

I think the theory is that if you spend enough time farming mines/grinding/merchant-ing (Otherwise known as not having fun) then you can finally afford that 1 Gold Charm to maybe "play" the game. I could be wrong though.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *Unless you PvP, TW, or play MMORPGs with any competitive goal.

provide concrete proof that you cannot do these without cashshop items

PK example: i had a 42 BM once... and i savaged clerics 10-12 levels higher than me, who did use charms. i had no cashshop items, and no legendary/tt/etc equips, just basic stuff you can get solely with ingame gains (took me ~1week to get where i was)

use the 50/s (or 100/s) regen for 10min powders, jade powder when mp is about to go out, then pots to hold your mp relatively steady while waiting on jade powder cooldown. if that doesnt work, bring a second cleric b:chuckle
    I think the theory is that if you spend enough time farming mines/grinding/merchant-ing (Otherwise known as not having fun) then you can finally afford that 1 Gold Charm to maybe "play" the game. I could be wrong though.

you again missed my point, charm = cashshop item = not needed to play, makes life easier
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    provide concrete proof that you cannot do these without cashshop items

PK example: i had a 42 BM once... and i savaged clerics 10-12 levels higher than me, who did use charms. i had no cashshop items, and no legendary/tt/etc equips, just basic stuff you can get solely with ingame gains (took me ~1week to get where i was)

use the 50/s (or 100/s) regen for 10min powders, jade powder when mp is about to go out, then pots to hold your mp relatively steady while waiting on jade powder cooldown. if that doesnt work, bring a second cleric b:chuckle

you again missed my point, charm = cashshop item = not needed to play, makes life easier

Firstly it must have been a pretty noob cleric to fail to kill you when you aren't wearing a charm and they are. If you're up against anyone with skill whilst charmless you're at a severe disadvantage, you may as well just sit in archo and duel.

Those MP regen pots won't do jack in Blue Bubble, you'll be qualified as being in combat therefore MP regen is 1/4 of its normal rate. Also Jade powders can't be used while in bubble.

And saying charms aren't needed to play the game try telling that to a barb in Rebirth...Also try completing Rebirth Delta without a squad with at least +5 refined gear. Have you tried to refine gear without Dragon Orbs?
    I like pie
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Jade powder, soul transfusion genie (need a veno to do it), there's two ways to sustain mana. They're both also cheaper than a gold charm. The advantage of charms is their instant refill, for HP that's more important than mana, which causes there to be quite a few more substitutes for an mp charm. Players also severely overuse BB when they could get by without it for a much lower individual/party cost.
    Why would they fix the gold prices? Players that don't/can't get Zen for gold really don't add to there profits. The higher the gold prices the better for them as it forces the players that don't get Zen to do one of two things buy Zen or quit. This game is slowly getting to the point where it well be implossible to play with out being able to buy Zen.

The gold trader allows free players to support the game as long as gold is affordable for them and the supply is there. Buying gold means someone else bought gold and is selling it to you, remember that gold in the trader isn't coming off an NPC it's coming off a person. The truth is, they actually make more profit per gold off of the trader than off of zen charging (though, the volume of charging per selling would change the final numbers). It costs $102 to sell 100 gold, but it costs $100 to get yourself 100 gold. If gold becomes too high for players to get through the trader, some will charge zen and others will either play for free without gold or just quit the game. Neither quitting or playing for free without the trader being good for the company.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

And saying charms aren't needed to play the game try telling that to a barb in Rebirth...Also try completing Rebirth Delta without a squad with at least +5 refined gear. Have you tried to refine gear without Dragon Orbs?

Lies! I've finished a rebirth delta and my gear is only +4! Ha, you are incorrect in your claim of +5!b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Provide concrete proof that you cannot do these without Cash Shop items.

Provide for me concrete proof that *I* can o_O. (What is concrete proof anyways?)

It is obviously a matter of opinion, so when you say "I can," and I disagree with you, there is nothing left to be said.

On the same note, be careful with the word "play", because I don't consider grinding to be playing. I know that I can *technically* log into the game without spending a single dollar, but whether or not I can have fun playing this game for free is, once again, a matter of opinion. As it turns out many people feel like they can't. The technicality that I can spend years mining the noob mats to make some coins hardly proves to me that this game can be enjoyed for free. (Again your personal experiences and idea of fun is your own, so spare me the requests for proof.)
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i'm not a cash shopper.. and i can say at this point in time, even just refining my gears to +3 with orbs seems completely unreasonable and out of reach.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also Jade powders can't be used while in bubble.
    Sure, but Sesame/Herb Yuanxiao can. Sesame Yuanxiao restores 300 mp/sec, Herb restores 500 mp/sec.

Blue bubble takes 100 mana/sec to maintain, a small pile of Yuanxiaos will work just as well as an MP charm.

Now stop saying that clerics *need* mp charms, please. ^_^
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sure, but Sesame/Herb Yuanxiao can. Sesame Yuanxiao restores 300 mp/sec, Herb restores 500 mp/sec.

Blue bubble takes 100 mana/sec to maintain, a small pile of Yuanxiaos will work just as well as an MP charm.

Now stop saying that clerics *need* mp charms, please. ^_^

Where can I get these Sesame Yuanxiaos? o.o
This discussion has been closed.