v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok the prices arent not the problem i can deal with high prices its the fact that with lunar weapons flying off the packs and freaking mats eveyrwhere everyone that has a lot of gold is gonna get the best gear without doing anythign i understand giving an advantage to cash shop user like the dragon orbs and things but this is not even close to being fair. PvP is just gonna be gone now because its gonna be 95+ ppl with the best gear one hitting everyone and they didnt even work toward it.

just my 5 cents

**Edit** a nice little go back in time 24 hours would be nice or in a month give me a new server to play on lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I feel really bad for some of my friends who worked for months on CV items.

as far as the economy, its been progressively worse and I expected nothing less...
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry, ok let's try to being constructive, what about stop the event earlier?
    Because reroll back is impossible, i think it's the best solution, but that way, the devs would show they were wrong, so that will not occurs of course :(

they wont stop it early. ill just go buy 100$ worth of gold sell it off and spike the cost up by buying at 1mil, see how they like that >;D
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary
    Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    Right, forums are getting completely out of hand. Seeing as it's impossible to keep up with the mass amount of threads appearing, I'm gonna start referring to this thread.
    Please keep all update discussion in here in a CIVILISED way. Makes it a lot easier to review.

P.S. Before you ask, no I have no information about the patch, I'm just trying to clean the forums up a little.
    It's dead.
    We're just not finished kicking it yet.
    the game is F2P, if PWI isn't gonna miss us then why invite us

Yes it's F2P, but quite a lot of people also use the cash shop, and several of *them* do so using their own real money (which is how PWI can allow others to play for free). The cash shop is a necessary *entity* in F2P games and IMO PWI has really nailed that home in that they **REALLY** know how to get people in that Boutique and spending gold. They are geniuses if you ask me.

BUT, I also think that at times like this (anniversaries, holidays, etc) they should give a free gift to *everyone* - not just a select or LUCKY few. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm not determined to make anyone think the same way I do.

Just my 2 copper.

~Roxy~
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Poor clerics...
    Higher priced gold = higher priced charm = higher priced things that need charms to obtain such as TT mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ~looks at lvl 102~ thats who i really feel sad for
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This game will get severely unfair and easy for others, but I don't care, ill earn these items the hard way like most ppl did before this event. I dont care if ppl get godly items for a dollar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, in a nutshell...

Pro Patch

-Usually CS shoppers
    -High Lvs that can buy the expensive gold

This group loves the new Anniversary pack because of the rare gear/weapons/ etc. They can get the pack by any means. However some get angered if a low level person has the same stuff as their's.

Con Patch

-Not usually CS shoppers
    -Low Lvs and High Lvs that refuse to buy gold

This groups hates the Anniversary pack because they are either unable to obtain it or struggle to obtain at least one. They also dislike it because they feel that they worked harder than the Pro Group in gaining things and for this new month cash shop add-on to just rub it in their faces.

Pro/Con (Mix) Patch

This group does not like the Anniversary packs because others are allowed to gain great gear/items etc. for the price of 1 gold. They also notice that the prices on gold rises really high and therefore it is hard to even buy regular things that they need such as charms/ guardian angels. Also, new players in the game can easily get the high level gears if they charge Zen (Seeing a lv 9 character running around with 90 gear can be a bit fustration to old players that took time in their gear).

But all like that the "Rubberband" Glitch is fixed ^^;

I think that's it. >.> I'm just putting all the sides in here.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I will type my last post...

It isnt on the flaming on the mistake. I love this game, my co leaders love this game 90% of my faction, their factions on the rest loved this game up until this.

If you want to lose 90 % of your active playerbase, that's fine.. But from someone who's worked in the field like you guys on gm, I will give yall one more chance....

Games must be balanced..... throwing something like the anniversary packs out there on "frenzy" was one of the worst mistakes i have ever seen... Everyone should have only gotten one pack... not in cash shop, only one pack..

This balances the economy.. this keeps the economy from sinking, and sink it has. Gold has tripled now, what was bad on prices is 4 times worse...

People loved your game up until this. And please dont think i am flaming... up until now had i been given a chance to lend my talent from all my year s in the field, I would have supported you guys 200 %...

How can i when you destroy your game and dont listen to all of the people?

Games must be balanced or they die.... and i know i have seen dozens in my time do this. What do you want us to tell you?

Great job? thank you for the 30- 100 million coin each of the big factions are getting to monopolize the game much worse than ever could be done?

Good job for all the hard work, great idea on the anniversary pack?

is this what you wish to hear?

Please do not kill the game you have worked so hard on..... please listen to a vetran concept designer.... please and listen and take it to heart.. yall are far better than this..

You make the greatest game in over 12 years and please don't let it be ruined on these things.... If you care for your players and not the $$$$ then please listen.. because without those players... you have no $$$
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    uh, actually I find that perfectly on topic since a large amount of players are leaving/will leave cuz of this patch

death of PWI could be a consequence of this update

Goliath, this will be the only warning I give. No part of what you are saying is "constructive feedback" you are simply stating what you feel to be true.

I know for a fact that every single item in the anniversary box is not detrimental to life, so I want to know specifics. If you do not wish to give them to me, please allow the people who will the place to do so
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Goliath, this will be the only warning I give. No part of what you are saying is "constructive feedback" you are simply stating what you feel to be true.

I know for a fact that every single item in the anniversary box is not detrimental to life, so I want to know specifics. If you do not wish to give them to me, please allow the people who will the place to do so

Ok the easy access to the best shards int he game same with the lunar gear pretty much all end game gear is up for the grabs for the next month and its not fair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well in that case kick back and let it play out. I can't say that I'll be doing the same, as I've been working furiously ever since I showed up 30 minutes early to work

Oh I've been intending to do just that =P I'll bring you an adult beverage of your choosing to help you relax b:chuckle I only charge 1 gold spoon ;)
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • thefoo
    thefoo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I personally would like to see all post that have nothing constructive to say removed from this thread..sadly there is alot of them...Then and only the can the GMs see the real problems at hand...things need to happen and happen fast for PWI to save face..People are mad and with just reason...people have worked hard an spent many weeks in some of these instances to get only a few items needed to make gear then along comes a patch with an anniversary pack in it an suddenly every person with a **** load of real life cash has these items so many have worked so hard to get and most have yet to obtain in the game. Im very disappointed in the fact now the ones who are outspoken enuff to voice their opinions an suggestions are being banned from the forums..yes u guessed it i was banned for a week for speaking the truth..FooFooKity is my actual acct i play on this acct i had to create cause i once forgot my password to my original acct but enuff about that...back to the problems at hand...gold is so outrageously priced the only people who can afford to buy it is TW guilds who get insane TW pay weekly...the latest patch did nothing but widen the game playing gap between the ones who dump thousands of real life money into a game and those who for watever reason cant or wont put real money in the game..things PWI can do to correct this problem is wat needs to be discussed here. my suggestion is this REMOVE the anniversary packs from the cash shop make them drop from mobs or offer them as a quest reward or simply give them out in an amt equivelant to the number of months they have played. START offering events that dont revolve around the cash shop. Make the game worthwhile to play for the new players not just the ones who have spent a year of their life playing this game. Also u need to take these oracles out your going to end up with a bunch of high level people who have no clue how to play their character cause they got to lvl 90 on oracles if u are going to have items available in the cash shop make them available ingame thru an NPC quest that everyone can have access to them...BTW thanks for the ban guys it gives me much needed time to search for a new game to play
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kittennice I think you got the gist of it. Its a negative positive thing.
    The pack make most feel one type of group basicly gets a congrats for playing on the birthday.
    The 2x exp is great but the major thing is the weapons and things coming from the anniversary packs.

Also thank you spoons for trying to get all of the complaints and things in order. I really hope things are balanced back out.
    Sincerely,
    SIN
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why Does The Real World Economy Hurting Perfect World Economy Too?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Poor clerics...
    Higher priced gold = higher priced charm = higher priced things that need charms to obtain such as TT mats.

quoted for damn truth
  • Antihero - Harshlands
    Antihero - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this is not constructive, do not bring this thread off of the topic

please be specific, this is not a thread simply to make statements like that

ok here is some specifics for you:
    #1. Lying to the playerbase destroys our faith in GMs. When Xarfox explained Jolly and stressed how it will bring down gold prices people believed him.
    Solution: Do not lie to us, just give us the facts as they are presented to you.

#2. The current reward for the Anniversary is scaled towards players who started way too early. You're basically rewarding only a very small fraction of the playerbase when you should reward every single player.
    Solution: Give out the mount to everyone, but make it level based. The longer you've played the lower the level you need in order to use it.

#3. The Anniversary Box basically destroyed every single non cash shopping 90+ char. Giving out Lunar Glade weapons, crit boots etc. is the dumbest thing you can do. Now those who can afford it will just cash shop their incredibly hard to get 90+ gear and be done with it. Before the patch people did not have a choise. If they wanted GX they had to go do HH. Now every single 90+ has a pair. Hard working people who spend weeks in HH are of pissed.
    Solution: Rollback and refund people their money

#4. All these constant greed sales are destroying the gold market. Stop doing sales and start doing bug fixes and content.
    Solution: Adress flesh ream, monthly/yearly snake isle race/forest runs/archosaur invasions etc.
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes it's F2P, but quite a lot of people also use the cash shop, and several of *them* do so using their own real money (which is how PWI can allow others to play for free). The cash shop is a necessary *entity* in F2P games and IMO PWI has really nailed that home in that they **REALLY** know how to get people in that Boutique and spending gold. They are geniuses if you ask me.

BUT, I also think that at times like this (anniversaries, holidays, etc) they should give a free gift to *everyone* - not just a select or LUCKY few. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm not determined to make anyone think the same way I do.

Just my 2 copper.

~Roxy~

you are level 44. you need to get higher before you start saying that this is a good event. really.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Game has been ruined.

To sum up the thread:
    Gap between CSers and Non-Csers went from a crack, to a crevice to a whole ocean.
    Giving end game items at the click of a finger ruins the game play, which leaves nothing left to obtain, or do...Veterans were already getting bored giving people this doesn't help keep players.
    **** the economy over...Last time I checked 400k for 1 gold...What a joke. Gold has been higher than usual for the past few weeks, making it impossible to scratch your balls without paying a high price.

Which leaves me to think, your trying to wrap this game up into one swoop, and ending it within the next few weeks, instead of waiting the couple of years it would normally take.

Bla bla bla...More QQ's.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

this patch increased the hole/trench (if I'm explaining correctly) beteween f2p users who never or rarely charge zen for reasons that the other players are pointing out in this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Just my 2 copper.

~Roxy~

may i ask

How much $ have you put in game ?

I put 250$ or so (some will tell you thats nothing) and i feel ripped off

Now you need to put even more gold ingame to have your 95+ weapons, or the skills for your char.

in the same time it would have cost me 140$ to play a p2p game and have those weapons or skills.

@Spoons .; how much should we put in game every week or month to be competitive?
    I do have a wife and childs to tend to, still 10 years of loan on my house.. so dont ask too much please ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary
    Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's not it at all. It's not just the gold price or the charm price. It's the ease of which people can gain endgame gear without having to do anything to get it. It isn't fair to the people that can't charge, and it isn't fair to anyone that actually made the effort to gain these things for themselves.

The charms make it easier to grind or pvp without having to constantly pot to stay alive. But with the gold price now how can they afford it if the don't CS? There are people who don't make enough in-game coin to support payment for the charms they need. Especially for zhen or GV.

Thank you for your explanation - and for "attacking" the issue and not me for asking, LOL! I can see how that would be upsetting for those that have spent the gold/cash/time to get where they are now. I may be more sympathetic if I were higher level than I am, but I still don't see why that is worth quitting over. I can see how it would be a drop that over-flowed the bucket, but not the whole reason for quitting.

I will say one thing - I feel sorry for the GM's today. I think if I were a PWI GM today I would have called in sick. It's just pure madness (and NOT all of it is PWI's fault).

Just remember folks, the GM's didn't set the prices players are asking for gold and charms. The GM's didn't set the prices for the other stuff either. The PLAYERS are doing that. If you want to get mad, at least get mad at the RIGHT people.

Just 2 more of my copper down the toilet.

~Roxy~
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kittennice I think you got the gist of it. Its a negative positive thing.
    The pack make most feel one type of group basicly gets a congrats for playing on the birthday.
    The 2x exp is great but the major thing is the weapons and things coming from the anniversary packs.

Also thank you spoons for trying to get all of the complaints and things in order. I really hope things are balanced back out.
    Sincerely,
    SIN

K^^

b:shockedEeekkk I forgot about the 2X exp
    b:victoryGotta love that
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok I got some feedback from this page, still a lot of blanket statements being made though. Please cut down the generalizations, when I have to sift through posts made only to complain I risk missing good posts by players who are sincerely trying to express their specific concerns.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    quoted for damn truth

Current amount of my in game coin = 2 charms now. lmao
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Duke Blackie: Attetntion this game has turned inot p2p :P (like it)
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    (Seeing a lv 9 character running around with 90 gear can be a bit fustration to old players that took time in their gear).

I realize people are honked off here, but no one is getting leveled via cash shop.

You still have to grind up to lvl 90 to wear 90 gear.

Lord, get a hold of yourself.

RedMenace

\mops the floor of spittle
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • t59083
    t59083 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This game obviously doesn't give a **** about its players.
    Especially the high leveled ones.
    How dare they even call it a f2p game.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok here is some specifics for you:
    #1. Lying to the playerbase destroys our faith in GMs. When Xarfox explained Jolly and stressed how it will bring down gold prices people believed him.
    Solution: Do not lie to us, just give us the facts as they are presented to you. Zzzzzzz...GM's do NOT set these sales and event. How difficult is it for people to understand this.

#2. The current reward for the Anniversary is scaled towards players who started way too early. You're basically rewarding only a very small fraction of the playerbase when you should reward every single player.
    Solution: Give out the mount to everyone, but make it level based. The longer you've played the lower the level you need in order to use it. Who cares about a mount that cannot even be traded. Besides, they are rewarding there early players. What does it matter? People just want stuff for free....

#3. The Anniversary Box basically destroyed every single non cash shopping 90+ char. Giving out Lunar Glade weapons, crit boots etc. is the dumbest thing you can do. Now those who can afford it will just cash shop their incredibly hard to get 90+ gear and be done with it. Before the patch people did not have a choise. If they wanted GX they had to go do HH. Now every single 90+ has a pair. Hard working people who spend weeks in HH are of pissed.
    Solution: Rollback and refund people their money Please tell me you are not being serious? And much of that stuff was always available with Chips. Oh wait....that requires work.

#4. All these constant greed sales are destroying the gold market. Stop doing sales and start doing bug fixes and content.
    Solution: Adress flesh ream, monthly/yearly snake isle race/forest runs/archosaur invasions etc.

b:angry People need to stop. IT HAS BEEN LESS THEN 24 HOURS.

Of course people are going crazy.....bc it is new. It will die down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok I got some feedback from this page, still a lot of blanket statements being made though. Please cut down the generalizations, when I have to sift through posts made only to complain I risk missing good posts by players who are sincerely trying to express their specific concerns.

It'd probably help if you didn't say "generalisations" and just said "predictions that pwi will die/is dead etc" lol

But since you are looking for specific concerns:

A lunar Glade run takes hours.

My Guild ran it over and over for several months to get two weapons (they're called Heaven Shatterer).

Those weapons are now available in the cash shop. Although there is a low chance to get it, because of the high amount of the boxes being bought there is a lot of those weapons that will be dumped on the server and their value is shot to bits.

That, Mister GM, is my concern.
This discussion has been closed.