Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• MitsuoX - Harshlands
    MitsuoX - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lyn, what would you add to this Genie setup (PvP), from the perspective of an Axe BM?

-Thunderstorm
    -Explosion
    -Balance
    -?

Maybe True Emptiness? And nothing that would require excessive Affinity points, please. IE, adding Ocult Ice.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lyn, what would you add to this Genie setup (PvP), from the perspective of an Axe BM?

-Thunderstorm
    -Explosion
    -Balance
    -?

Maybe True Emptiness? And nothing that would require excessive Affinity points, please. IE, adding Ocult Ice.

Why would you want to have Explosion on your genie? That is just a waste.

Balance, True Emptiness, Occult Ice and Thunderstorm/Whirlwind/Wind Shield.
  • hfiuza
    hfiuza Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi im a lvl 70 Bm
    my distribution
    Vit 78 Str 207 Dex 70 Mag 15
    with armor
    Vit 88 Str 222
    what would you recommend?

PS: very good guide
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    AshWorth - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey Lyndura. Are you a axe/spear BM? Which one do you prefer axe/spear or axe/spear combined?
  • tito23
    tito23 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hello! i need help with my axe/hammer build b:surrender . I am lvl 61 and my stats are (without armor) str.212,vit.61,dex.41,mag.5.

At first i started with the old axe build you had:
    odd:3 str. 2 free
    even:str.3,dex.1,vit1.

But wen my vit got to 60, i was wondering if i should leave it their and start focusing on str. and dex. i want to be strong BM,able to take a hit and still be able to deal large damage to opponents during pvp. plz dont say i should be barb cause i love my AoEs and stuns b:chuckle

plz reply b:cute
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    hfiuza wrote: »
    Hi im a lvl 70 Bm
    my distribution
    Vit 78 Str 207 Dex 70 Mag 15
    with armor
    Vit 88 Str 222
    what would you recommend?

PS: very good guide

Your MAG is wrong, you should remove those points and put 5 on STR, the rest goes to DEX or VIT, depending on what build you want to be.
    tito23 wrote: »
    hello! i need help with my axe/hammer build b:surrender . I am lvl 61 and my stats are (without armor) str.212,vit.61,dex.41,mag.5.

At first i started with the old axe build you had:
    odd:3 str. 2 free
    even:str.3,dex.1,vit1.

But wen my vit got to 60, i was wondering if i should leave it their and start focusing on str. and dex. i want to be strong BM,able to take a hit and still be able to deal large damage to opponents during pvp. plz dont say i should be barb cause i love my AoEs and stuns b:chuckle

plz reply b:cute

Depends on your money.

More money will let you put more points into DEX, but if you lack refinement and shards then VIT is necessary.

For your level, 60 VIT is enough, but might decide to add more once you are higher level, like 80+.
  • Objection - Harshlands
    Objection - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is 3 Str/1 Dex/1 Vit actually sufficient for PvP? Or do I need more dex? Or vit? I also want to AoE grind efficiently...
  • pkpkx007
    pkpkx007 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi Lyndura, I respect your experiance, but you have not totally proven the fact that fist sucks. I've read your guide and reference, but even your refenrences have 90% of your voice in them. Your should really play a fist bm for a while before your something so strongly about it. For example, I thing the main advantage of fist bm is quick build up of spark, which helps if one does not use any MP skill to avoid spending money on potions; also alot of powerful skills uses spark. But none of your comments say anything about it.

I am pretty sure fist is bad consider there is a lvl 79 skill just for it. Maybe it is a sign the dev team acknowlegde it and trying to do something about it.

I follow your guide fully, and I am a axe warrior, but I still think you should respect opinions unless you have very strong evident about it.

Because I think there is something unique about fist bm that the dev team is trying to stop everyone from using it. So you should let more people try it and talk about it.
  • Mikayu - Sanctuary
    Mikayu - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wrong post in wrong forum sorry my bad
  • tito23
    tito23 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    also, do you have any suggestions for axe BMs on what type of armor and weapon we should have near end-game?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    HH90 green set ---> HH99 Gold set / Lunar Set / Level 100 Deity Armors with pro stats.

For weapon it should be GX then Deity gold Axe with Berserker on it, for Axe path that is.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    thank you very much for the great guide <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver
    WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    /facepalm

Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it:
    I am curious here - I've seen many players say that Fist BM is the worst. Have you ever played as one? I dont mean as statting like a "normal" BM would, but stattting like a fist fighter would logically be -- strong and agile?
  • Beefchicken - Heavens Tear
    Beefchicken - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey Lyndura, I'm a Spear bm

My current distributions without armor is:
    Str 115/Vit 71/Dex 49/MAG 5

I use a 5 Str, 3 Vit and 2 Dex setup every 2 levels.

Should I cap my Vit and put the 3 points into Dex?

Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated.
  • XDrakonaX - Heavens Tear
    XDrakonaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I currently have a polearm bm but I want to build her where I can use axe/hammers too. What skills do I need to use/add?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I am curious here - I've seen many players say that Fist BM is the worst. Have you ever played as one? I dont mean as statting like a "normal" BM would, but stattting like a fist fighter would logically be -- strong and agile?

Yes.
    Hey Lyndura, I'm a Spear bm

My current distributions without armor is:
    Str 115/Vit 71/Dex 49/MAG 5

I use a 5 Str, 3 Vit and 2 Dex setup every 2 levels.

Should I cap my Vit and put the 3 points into Dex?

Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated.

Cap it for now, may or may not add more once you are at the high 7x or low 8x levels.
    I currently have a polearm bm but I want to build her where I can use axe/hammers too. What skills do I need to use/add?

You need Heaven's Flame and Axe Mastery maxed, if you PvP then max Drake's Bash too. Once those are maxed, you can start leveling Highland Cleave and Fissure.
  • karasuthecrow
    karasuthecrow Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    thank you for he guide
    its great

but i dont understand why blademasters should never increase their MP points
    I have increase 15 points beacuse I need more MP to cast my skills

but thank you
  • KDD - Dreamweaver
    KDD - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey Lyndura, I am playing as a pure fist BM. I am going 5 str, 4 dex, 1 vit every two levels.

http://tinypic.com/r/2h3rei0/3

Did I mess up? and if so, what should I do to fix it?
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey Lyndura, I am playing as a pure fist BM. I am going 5 str, 4 dex, 1 vit every two levels.

http://tinypic.com/r/2h3rei0/3

Did I mess up? and if so, what should I do to fix it?

u're doing good
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • BladE_oF_DK - Dreamweaver
    BladE_oF_DK - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    cool guide...A+
    alter marow magical PWNS wizards and celrics :D
    i defeated 33lvl cleric xD im 22b:victory
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    I spotted a flaw in your guide:
    Also, it is important to know that the best weapon paths for PvP are Axe/Hammer and Polearm.

you should edit it to say:
    Also, it is important to know that the best support weapon paths for PvP are axe/hammer and swords; for offense: polearm and fist/claw.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    prof wrote: »
    I spotted a flaw in your guide:

you should edit it to say:

I agree ewith your initial notion that Axes are the best support weapon in PvP. I do not however see how you can legitimately just call swords a support weapon for PvP. They have highest direct damage output for 1 target and only 1 support move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree ewith your initial notion that Axes are the best support weapon in PvP. I do not however see how you can legitimately just call swords a support weapon for PvP. They have highest direct damage output for 1 target and only 1 support move.

i dissagree w/ both of u. i say all 4 weapon paths can be for offense and support

besides, i don't get y bm's want to limit them selves to one weapon path, when u can use them all. it's like a wiz using only water skills cause they look pretty.
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    swords = show weapon

they don't hit hard, they hit semi-quickly, and the only skill worth mentioning is the doom which is a support skill.

highest direct damage? where in the hell did you hear that? swords have the 2nd lowest damage out of the 4 trees, and the only thing that brings it up is the high dmg mod on the doom which doesn't amount to much because of the small patk that swords offer. in other words: the skill is good, but the weapon sucks
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    swords = show weapon

they don't hit hard, they hit semi-quickly, and the only skill worth mentioning is the doom which is a support skill.

highest direct damage? where in the hell did you hear that? swords have the 2nd lowest damage out of the 4 trees, and the only thing that brings it up is the high dmg mod on the doom which doesn't amount to much because of the small patk that swords offer. in other words: the skill is good, but the weapon sucks

I should have phrased that better. Their skills do the greatest damage. Atmos Strike and Myriad Sword Stance namely. Spirit Chaser is just decent as far as damage.

and er... could you define "doom" for me? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • errorize
    errorize Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great guide :D
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    swords = show weapon

If you're going to debate which weapon path is the best for pvp go make your own guide or post on another thread. Don't try to start a giant argument on a stickied guide...
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    I should have phrased that better. Their skills do the greatest damage. Atmos Strike and Myriad Sword Stance namely. Spirit Chaser is just decent as far as damage.

and er... could you define "doom" for me? b:shutup

the skills have the highest +dmg mod on them, it doesn't mean they hit harder. sword damage, even with those mods, is very mediocre.

doom is the level 59 cultivation skill level:
    untitled-5.png
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    the skills have the highest +dmg mod on them, it doesn't mean they hit harder. sword damage, even with those mods, is very mediocre.

doom is the level 59 cultivation skill level:
    untitled-5.png

Ty for explaining "Doom". I however respectfully disagree with your analysis.
    I do however agree with the poster a bit back that if we debate this we should take it to a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The new guide in the wiki is very nice. Thanks for the effort b:byeb:thanks