DQ horses for 20 golds!

YAY! what's next ?

TT 100 red mats for 50 golds ?
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How about putting warsouls in for 50 gold, eh? Same thing applies, doesn't it? Of COURSE all boutique users should be able to obtain anything rare or pretigious in the game for a minimal amount of RL cash!

[/sarcasm]
  • StrangeScar - Lost City
    StrangeScar - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I vote make unicorns from the DQ horses and let the boutique ones stay, give them pegasus wings and a horn and addy like lighting to its feet b:cute
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I vote make unicorns from the DQ horses and let the boutique ones stay, give them pegasus wings and a horn and addy like lighting to its feet b:cute

I like your imagination. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • MedicMommy - Lost City
    MedicMommy - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have a guildie who worked her butt off to get her Silvermane. She'd only had it a few weeks, but its rarity and the looks people would give it acted as a testament to her efforts.

Then... Boom. Any shmuck can get them for 20G, any time they want. My heart broke when I saw their addition, as I am aware of how many hours many horse owners put into the game to get them.

I agree, I am one who worked my butt off to get the Silvermane. It should have never showed up in the cash shop.
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I wonder why so many ppl talk about the value as in gold or coins. I got my Silvermane the hard way and it took me several weeks to obtain the orders. This was very early in the game back in 08.
    Ofcourse i was proud to get it not many had it back then. That mount have always made me happy thanks to both its beauty and the hard work i put in to get it.
    I been offered a lot of millions for my Silvermane but i always declined. It has never been the coin value that was important to me. It was the satisfaction to mount up on something that took me a long time to get.

I have to say its a slap in the face from PWI to put items, that required alot of hours and dedication, in to the goldshop.
    It takes away the feeling of acomplishment!
    Together with all sales, cubechest and so on that almost double the goldprice on Heavens Tear making us work twice as hard to get the coins needed for trading to gold.
    All this has almost pushed me over the edge to stop playing. Its frankly not so fun anymore.
    Sad since the game has been fun to play and gaved me alot of moments i will remember.
  • Tup - Harshlands
    Tup - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I wonder why so many ppl talk about the value as in gold or coins. I got my Silvermane the hard way and it took me several weeks to obtain the orders. This was very early in the game back in 08.
    Ofcourse i was proud to get it not many had it back then. That mount have always made me happy thanks to both its beauty and the hard work i put in to get it.
    I been offered a lot of millions for my Silvermane but i always declined. It has never been the coin value that was important to me. It was the satisfaction to mount up on something that took me a long time to get.

I have to say its a slap in the face from PWI to put items, that required alot of hours and dedication, in to the goldshop.
    It takes away the feeling of acomplishment!
    Together with all sales, cubechest and so on that almost double the goldprice on Heavens Tear making us work twice as hard to get the coins needed for trading to gold.
    All this has almost pushed me over the edge to stop playing. Its frankly not so fun anymore.
    Sad since the game has been fun to play and gaved me alot of moments i will remember.

True, I am not active anymore since the insane gold prices, guess I want wait to play again when they release XP SCROLLS (Right-Click to gain 100k xp)

Not released, but I have a feeling it will. b:cry
  • Annabel_Lee - Heavens Tear
    Annabel_Lee - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well what to say, thank you people, you made my day. I did collect DQ Mats since i was lvl30 to get Silver Mane....and i spent millions to get silver dragons and copper orders as well! Weeks of work! Month of grinding! I spent like 100$ to get a rare pet. Whats so wrong to try to be unique? For me its more worth then 15mil or any price you can offer to me. cause i spent days to do DQ, to get mats. to grind nonstop, to buy at AH the orders! Though it was just a horse but i wanted it...to stand out of mass a bit and be different. Finaly, after freaking 40lvls i made it! i lent even cash to get it! AND TWO DAYS AFTER i see it in boutique and ppl selling it for 3mil! NEVER EVER AGAIN! You made my day ppl--- now i dont even want to play anymore cause my hard work feels like wasted!

Thank you, never gonna pay for this game anymore!

Edit: btw its my first complain EVER since i got here! i had fun so far, till i saw this s****. So dont say, i have no right to complain or i would complain about ANYTHING

Same situation, maybe I'm lucky... think I had it for a whole week. :p Also agree with you on those want to label everyone a complainer on this topic (generally seems to be those who haven't a clue as to the time and effort that was involved). Do hope you hang in there and get past this too. Definitely will not deem anything "special" here anymore other than people and friendships, which is as it should be. However I am in no way conceding that this was a brilliant decision on PW's part, it was, is and will remain a very disappointing move.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    FYI the prices for dq orders just went down so u can still buy the orders to get 1 for a little bit less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I feel for the DQ horse owners, really I do... It really does come down to the effort. No matter -what- you worked for, be it the DQs by farming the items and flying, the money for the orders by grinding, the RL money for gold to convert to in-game coin... doesn't matter. Something really special about the DQ horses were that they were only available in-game. They were not something you could have with one click of a button, and some people prided themselves on being able to earn them.

I personally feel the best course of action would be to rename, and if possible add a special effect to the DQ horses that were gained from the DQ manager, with orders--either before or after the patch. This is doubtful to happen, but I feel like it's the best course of action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd say there is nothing that can be done but it's not fine.

1) noone wants things changed. I think there was a huge fit about this and charm packs being limited edition or not. They messed up and lets leave it to that for all to see.

2) Lets look at how not to repeat this which would be maybe by listening and communicating with us here in the forums. Thru many other games I have played there has always been care and concern for basic things in the game and clear communication and action. There appears to be little of that here.

3) If people are unhappy about the mounts show it with the pocketbook. Force the value of these items down. I can tell you a dollar is worth 100 quarters but it's the backing of the masses that makes you right.

4) mounts in general have become a joke it seems. About half are limited edition and almost all mounts are incorrectly valued that are/were in CS (meaning people pay 20 Gold and sell for under 2mill coin). I'd advised showing a strength and making a rule that noone buys mounts from CS and to buy mounts at only half price or 3/4 price.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find it funny when things like this happen.

Players like to say "quit crying and deal with it" after they harass you constantly or scam you or something. Yet when something happens that they don't like, they are the FIRST ones to cry about it.

Well I have something to say to you: Quit crying and deal with it.

Also a quote from Mr. Spock:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Only a few people had the mount, the many did not. You complainers are the few. You are outweighed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find it funny when things like this happen.

Players like to say "quit crying and deal with it" after they harass you constantly or scam you or something. Yet when something happens that they don't like, they are the FIRST ones to cry about it.

Well I have something to say to you: Quit crying and deal with it.

Only a few people had the mount, the many did not. You complainers are the few. You are outweighed.

Ever heard of "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"? How is anyone to know you are unhappy with anything unless you say something?

There was a reason that few people had that mount. It's the same reason few people are level 99+. It's because it takes time and effort to get there.

According to you, it'd be ok if they put a scroll in the cash shop that leveled you up to 99. You certainly couldn't complain about it, dear Zoe because:

"Only a few people had the levels, the many did not. You complainers are the few. You are outweighed."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Yes true...

However, the demand for it was never really there, people acknowledged that they'd have to either buy the horses (whether it be by earning money or buying Orders) or doing DQs themselves.

I have honestly rarely seen anyone complain about the horses not being in the cash shop prior to the update (maybe like 2 or 3 people out of the entire time I've been playing this game), it really was a big surprise (or shock) for the horses to be suddenly released as cash shop items. If they had kept it as DQ rewards, I can assure you that there would not be as many as you would see now interested in getting the horses.

I wanted a Violet Lightning when I was still low in my levels but it was easy to accept that it had to be hard earned and so I easily moved on to get a Panther instead, but when you consider the fact that those who worked so hard to get it, only to find out it's getting sold for a mere 20gold, it's not an easy thing to swallow and let by.

If that quote is true, then they may as well sell TT/TT gold mats, Lunar Mats or even Warsouls Fragments in the cash shop to cater to the "Many" that want them.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    2) Lets look at how not to repeat this which would be maybe by listening and communicating with us here in the forums. Thru many other games I have played there has always been care and concern for basic things in the game and clear communication and action. There appears to be little of that here.

This is not true. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we've been very active in all the recent threads about this, as we always have been after any moderate outcry regarding certain aspect of the game. Don't think for a minute that we're not communicating or relaying your concerns, because that is what we do on a day-to-day basis. Things take time to change, that is a fact of life, but don't think that nothing is being done.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would not care if they put in an item to make you level 99 instantly. It would do more harm than good to the people that used it.

Anyway when someone complains about getting harassed constantly, or when players 50 levels above them pk them, you tell them to quit crying and that it should not change because it benefits the harassers. However when something you don't like comes up, you demand they change it right away. Hypocrite much?
    Main characters
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    GOD people, stop QQing. This is getting annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would not care if they put in an item to make you level 99 instantly. It would do more harm than good to the people that used it.
    You would care if the game shuts down because of itb:laugh
    Anyway when someone complains about getting harassed constantly, or when players 50 levels above them pk them, you tell them to quit crying and that it should not change because it benefits the harassers. However when something you don't like comes up, you demand they change it right away. Hypocrite much?
    I duno who you're directing that at... but the player has the choice whether to PVP or not, whether it be going into PK mode/TW/Duels or choosing a PVP server, it's ultimately the player who decides this, the horses on the other hand are different...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That was mostly directed at pkers. They don't want the horses in the cash shop because it benifits them, yet hate when anyone tries to ask for a level restriction on pvp because that does not benefit them.

If you aren't willing to give other players what they want, why should you be given what you want?

Of course this can apply to most other players as well, just used in a somewhat different way.

You want the horses gone, prove it. Give up something BIG.
    Main characters
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is not true. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we've been very active in all the recent threads about this, as we always have been after any moderate outcry regarding certain aspect of the game. Don't think for a minute that we're not communicating or relaying your concerns, because that is what we do on a day-to-day basis. Things take time to change, that is a fact of life, but don't think that nothing is being done.

I should have clarified this. I have no doubt that your job requires communication internally and to very high degrees of discussion. That would just be silly not to assume. I also do not doubt you are a busy man reading many of the forum threads here and relaying our concerns. What I don't see is many reassuring posts that hold any weight or information coming back to us. Communication is a two way street and I think between PW to it's customers is lacking or trailing a bit. Maybe make a post where you address our concerns or suggestions. Tell us if something won't work or tell us "that particular idea is great...give us a week or two to implement."

As far as active in most of the threads you might be right. I've notice activity but mostly locking to advise a single thread with the occassional wording like above that really doesn't state anything. Now again this is my perception and I'm not the only one so maybe that needs to be taken into account as well.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That was mostly directed at pkers. They don't want the horses in the cash shop because it benifits them, yet hate when anyone tries to ask for a level restriction on pvp because that does not benefit them.

If you aren't willing to give other players what they want, why should you be given what you want?

Of course this can apply to most other players as well, just used in a somewhat different way.

Stop it right now ZOE!!!! I don't want to agree with you but *sighs* you are right on the button. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Even if they horse was put in the cash shop it had no effect on my gameplay. Why all the QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    Quit.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I should have clarified this. I have no doubt that your job requires communication internally and to very high degrees of discussion. That would just be silly not to assume. I also do not doubt you are a busy man reading many of the forum threads here and relaying our concerns. What I don't see is many reassuring posts that hold any weight or information coming back to us. Communication is a two way street and I think between PW to it's customers is lacking or trailing a bit. Maybe make a post where you address our concerns or suggestions. Tell us if something won't work or tell us "that particular idea is great...give us a week or two to implement."

As far as active in most of the threads you might be right. I've notice activity but mostly locking to advise a single thread with the occassional wording like above that really doesn't state anything. Now again this is my perception and I'm not the only one so maybe that needs to be taken into account as well.

Well you're right in one sense, I've addressed similar concerns before. What it comes down to is, I can't tell you what's being planned in case we run into an issue in the process. I also can't tell you "oh yes the developers are looking into this specifically" because then everyone would go crazy asking that their one issue be looked into as well.

It's just a slippery slope where I would have to end up giving specific feedback to every single suggestion and concern, so the alternative is simply not providing direct feedback regarding any specific issue. It might not be fun from a players perspective, but it would be way worse if I had to spend every hour of the day giving feedback(multiple times in multiple threads) on issues that were already being looked into instead of helping those in need of assistance
    edited August 2009
    Options

Well... considering all the Time, Effort and Money that those people have spent would be a good enough reason for them to deserve it
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options

I'm not saying it's not hypocritical of those people do tell people to shut up and then turn around and QQ.

I'm saying that it's stupid to say that just because only a few people had the horses that it's ok to put them in the CS. There is a reason why only a few had them.

Wouldn't it frustrate you if you worked for a company for XX long years, and finally was promoted to senior exec, and then along came this new person, who gets promoted to senior exec through nothing more than a whim of the CEO? It doesn't make you paid less, or make your status any less than what it was before.

But it devalues it.

For the record, I do not own nor was I planning on owning a horse. I want molds from my DOs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well... considering all the Time, Effort and Money that those people have spent would be a good enough reason for them to deserve it

Sorry but no. Tell that to the pkers that will grief everyone as much as they can, trying to make them quit the game so they lose all the Time, Effort, and Money they used on the game already.

What about the constant scamming that goes on that robs players of the Time, Effort, and Money they put in to get what they have?

Your argument does not apply until things like this are first fixed.
    Main characters
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wouldn't it frustrate you if you worked for a company for XX long years, and finally was promoted to senior exec, and then along came this new person, who gets promoted to senior exec through nothing more than a whim of the CEO? It doesn't make you paid less, or make your status any less than what it was before.
    size]

It happens all the time.. it is usualy a family member of the CEO or one of his golf buddies..... The fact that you are not a family member and still got the job actualy makes you shine more amoung your peers. You had to be that much better to have the job that the family members get....

I guess, out of principle, the senior exec could always quit his job and go on unemployment... That would really would show the company to not mess with him....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What is another thing people here like to always say? "Life isn't fair, too bad for you."

Well, SAME TO YOU!
    Main characters
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It happens all the time.. it is usualy a family member of the CEO or one of his golf buddies.....

I guess, out of principle, the senior exec could always quit his job and go on unemployment... That would really would show the company to not mess with him....

I understand that there's nothing you can do about it. But I'm not going to penalize someone for being upset and annoyed about it when they have every right to be.

That's what I'm saying, that DQ horse owners have a right to be upset.

I personally would like to see horses actually bought with DQs to be renamed, and perhaps have an extra effect added (brought up earlier in the thread). That I think would be an appropriate fix.
    What is another thing people here like to always say? "Life isn't fair, too bad for you."

Well, SAME TO YOU!

Do remember that an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I understand that there's nothing you can do about it. But I'm not going to penalize someone for being upset and annoyed about it when they have every right to be.

That's what I'm saying, that DQ horse owners have a right to be upset.

I personally would like to see horses actually bought with DQs to be renamed, and perhaps have an extra effect added (brought up earlier in the thread). That I think would be an appropriate fix.

Do remember that an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless.

They can't do this, then everyone who had a silvermane BEFORE the cash shop sold them would be crying they want one of the nice new horses. That they worked so hard to get the DQ horse and now they have to do the quest again in order to get the new prize. I want I want I want, no one is ever happy. The QQing is endless where this is concerned, thats just the way it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]