12346»

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    inbeforethethreadgetsclosedduetoflaming
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Stop the contradiction! You want people to apreciate how they "feel" about what you yourself admit are just pixels?! Where's the logic on that?

If someone actually charged, say, $50-$100 to get the mount you expect them not to feel somewhat cheated? Maybe you're the one who's a snob that doesn't appreciate the value of effort/money... I'm sure that if you were getting zen for this game from a burger king job you might feel inclined to "feel" a bit different about this issue... or do you consider that putting money on this game is wasteful? cuz if you don't then you might have to open yourself to the posibility that is not wrong for people to expect that the expensive items they obtain should hold some of their value. It wasn't the market or bad calls that made their investments worthless.

She didn't just flame, brought her own gasoline!

But thanks for reiterating what we all knew to begin with. Its not about the pride of having something you worked for (by you I mean everyone who had one before). Its about the greed of what the monetary value is now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *sighs* I'm a dude... Whatever, yea, long live greed.
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I really like this idea. ;x

Me too, it seems the most sensible yet, just not sure how much work would be required, examining the datatables at the point before the shop introduction of the DQ mounts.

I dont own a DQ mount, as personally I dont like the appearance, and so far not a single in game mount is downright evil and nasty enough for me to bother buying it.

I zen charge, as I have a good income, being a mature player, so can buy pretty much anything I want in game. Seems to me that some items should remain a testament to the effort and length of time that people have been playing PWI,especially as probably at least 50% of players do not have the income to zen charge ridiculously, due to their age base, income etc.

Although PWI needs to be financially viable, what concerns me most, and these mounts being a prime example, is the constant encouragement to spend irl cash on an overall age base that cannot possibly keep spending at this rate. PWI needs to make money, but it also has a duty to be responsible about the way it does it. I'm a realist and know that a lot of the zen sold will be on mummy and daddy's credit cards, especially as its easy to link 1 via paypal, providing you have the details. Too many instances of unauthorised spending on mmo game sites, by naive youngsters, will end up with complete regulation of mmo cash shops, on all mmo games, especially those based in the USA, as once the lobbyists get their teeth into something they don't give up. So the choice is a loyal, steady spending fan base now, or keep rolling out and encouraging mass spending on young vulnerable people, and face the regulators and be tied up in red tape later.

PWI needs to maintain its fan base, whether zen chargers or not. Many non cash shop users bring friends etc into this game who then subsequently spend cash, even if its a small amount. And its far harder to gain new customers, than to keep the ones you have in most business areas. Especially when forums, fan sites, blogs etc start giving bad reviews.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Stop the contradiction! You want people to apreciate how they "feel" about what you yourself admit are just pixels?! Where's the logic on that?

If someone actually charged, say, $50-$100 to get the mount you expect them not to feel somewhat cheated? Maybe you're the one who's a snob that doesn't appreciate the value of effort/money... I'm sure that if you were getting zen for this game from a burger king job you might feel inclined to "feel" a bit different about this issue... or do you consider that putting money on this game is wasteful? cuz if you don't then you might have to open yourself to the posibility that is not wrong for people to expect that the expensive items they obtain should hold some of their value. It wasn't the market or bad calls that made their investments worthless.

Spending $100 in real money on one of those equine monsters is really a rather ridiculous thing to do, considering you could get one of the mounts from the boutique for far less even before they went on sale, and have the same exact statistics. They should be more upset with themselves over something like that really. Just like if something has it's price dropped in a real store. You can't be mad at Wal Mart because the price of Lego Star Wars went from $50 to $20 a week after you bought it, and if you tried to go into the store and demand they refund you the $30 they'd laugh in your face.
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You can't be mad at Wal Mart because the price of Lego Star Wars went from $50 to $20 a week after you bought it, and if you tried to go into the store and demand they refund you the $30 they'd laugh in your face.
    To be fair, that example isn't really equivalent. Gathering up a metric **** ton of dragon orders is likely to be a lot more time consuming and irritating than a $30 price difference.

Hell, that's not even comparable. If you want a more realistic comparison, try this: In order to get the $50 product, a Wal Mart employee demands you go out to the parking lot and get 50 pennies and 50 nickels from certain years. After you've done this, Wal Mart starts selling the product for $20.

With that said, I love my new horse and I'm very glad they did what they did. I feel bad about the slap in the face the DQ collectors got, but what's been done has been done.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    To be fair, that example isn't really equivalent. Gathering up a metric **** ton of dragon orders is likely to be a lot more time consuming and irritating than a $30 price difference.

Hell, that's not even comparable. If you want a more realistic comparison, try this: In order to get the $50 product, a Wal Mart employee demands you go out to the parking lot and get 50 pennies and 50 nickels from certain years. After you've done this, Wal Mart starts selling the product for $20.

I'd just drop the pennies and nickel's down the closest Wal-Mart employee's pants, then run over to the game department and buy me some LEGO STAR WARS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

With that said, I love my new horse and I'm very glad they did what they did. I feel bad about the slap in the face the DQ collectors got, but what's been done has been done.

There are other things in DQ besides horses..... Now they are getting a little more on the affordable side.... of course affordable is a relative term....

unfortunatly, there is such thing as legal tender, and by law, WalMart woud not be allowed to not accept your money for the item, as long as you used US dollar bill in any denomition, however, they can refuse coins (for some reason, coins are not covered under the legal tender statures).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    unfortunatly, there is such thing as legal tender, and by law, WalMart woud not be allowed to not accept your money for the item, as long as you used US dollar bill in any denomition, however, they can refuse coins (for some reason, coins are not covered under the legal tender statures).

This is a bit beside the point XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is a bit beside the point XD

Good point
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

ii) Add an additional sparkle effect, or something and rename DQ horses which existed prior to their addition in the boutique. This keeps the prestige of owning a DQ version.

iii) Mailout a scroll-type item to everyone who owned a DQ horse prior to the update which is non-transferable, which activates a one-time only quest allowing them to trade their horse back in for DQ orders, which will let them recoup previous value.

Dont think they can do anything at all at the moment. They are only responsible for administration. I think they just buy the license from chinse Servers for patches/mounts/cloths/packages etc. and sell it here to us. Thats why we suddenly got bugged smileys with chinese letters b:shutup
    The newest proove is Summer Camp Cloths b:laugh its asian school uniform b:chuckle and bugs, that never been fixed (fb69)
    So neither they can or will do anything about it anyway, since they have no influence on developing new mounts for DQ (only taking it down from boutique).
    So they messed it up...btw i sold my horse cause i had to PUKE everytime i took it out! b:pleased
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Dont think they can do anything at all at the moment. They are only responsible for administration. I think they just buy the license from chinse Servers for patches/mounts/cloths/packages etc. and sell it here to us.
    They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chinese company who makes PW. Not sure why they spawned a separate company since the Chinese company is traded on NASDAQ. Probably for accounting purposes. But the parent company is very interested in the health of PWI, since they own it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Perfect_World