Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• Elvelsia - Dreamweaver
    Elvelsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the information. =3
    The feature confused me for a while, but with all the information in the first post, i was able to start resolving my issue.
    Thanks!
    b:pleased
  • heatherstar8764
    heatherstar8764 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I accidently put to 24 hours

so i changed to 1 minute but when i log on and click on saftey lock to check
    it says 24 hours again instead? b:cry
  • Lobotomy - Dreamweaver
    Lobotomy - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Title pretty much explains it. I accidentally set the safety lock to 24 hours. That was three days ago. I logged out when it said it had 19 hours to go. I logged back in, BOOM! Magically reset itself to 24 hours again.

The last time I played with safety lock was when I tried to counteract it by setting the safety lock to 1 minute, it didn't work.

It would probably be important to note that this is on another character, not the one I'm posting from.
    Owner of Sonic the Plumber.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wait till the safety lock timer runs out then reset it. Basically stay online for 24 hrs
    Quit.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    as far as I know it takes 3 days for the timer to change. don't touch the safety log after changing it to 1 min, or it will be reset and take 3 days again.

hope you know what I mean >.>
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If in doubt, reset it to 1 minute, and don't touch it for 4 days, just to be safe and to take into account any time zone issues between the game servers and your local time.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • pipiz1
    pipiz1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hey can u plz help me my safe lock is rekt i dno how to fix it plz ok its been looked for days and now when i always log in my account its on 5 hours soo i change it to 1 min and that evrytime i log on and off and thiss is the 2nd week and still locked :S someone help meee
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You have to wait for the 3 day time period to be over.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • dadot
    dadot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I changed it and Everytime i log on ,my safetylock is 10hours, How do i set it back to the normal 1minute? HELP Please
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Follow the directions in the first post please.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Tkd - Lost City
    Tkd - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    how to disable the safety lock?

When i try to trade apperas "Safety Lock still active. Action unavailabe!"
  • blazeownz
    blazeownz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:sad i set my lock like 9 months ago ...and i forget it and since the update i cant to anythin cus i forget the code??? how do i reset it :(((b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Monnlight - Dreamweaver
    Monnlight - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    dtz wrote: »
    So basically you opened the safety lock window, didn't read it, entered in some random numbers, then didn't read the warning and clicked OK anyway? And you're saying it's PWE's fault that you screwed up your game because you did something without reading what it did first? Would you complain about being shot after not reading a "Trespassers Will be Shot" sign?
    hi

i did the mistake and i canged it when i changed it said u need 3 days to reset and now 3 days pass and the safety lock still active i can't play like this iam getting littel by littel short of money because this lock is it will remain 4ever or what and how to deactivate or reset it because it won't reset with me plzzzzzzzzz help GM'sssssss

yeah my safety lock is even 7 days above active this cannot be
    Gm told us that the safety lock is a mean of security but do they use the safety lock?
    I dont think so...
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Safety lock seems to be bugged. I had mine set to 30 minutes ago on Sunday, and when I relog I was able to change the timer but when I would set it to 1 minute, it wouldn't actually change. Then today, 4 days later I tried changing it to one hour and it is actually one hour now.

Basically I can't lower the safety lock timer but I can make it higher.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
  • alicia419
    alicia419 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    can someone plz help me b:surrender
    one day i was playing pwi and the by mistake i put the saftey lock on for
    24hrs and 59min T.T it has been 3days that i have been in this stupied saftey lock thing and i dont know how to get out of it T.T ><;
    plz someone help or give me advice on getting out of this mess b:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Read the first page and do as above.There is nothing wrong with the safety lock it is you who keep touching it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • stormwolf08
    stormwolf08 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok . i know you guys gripe about this..but if you would think that somepeople play this game somewhere else besides home. and tis for that they do this . common sense .. theyre trying to protect us not be a*****
    i don't mind that
    but can also get a gm to ensure the lock doesn't malfunction
    safety first guys. not all of us are careless on the net
  • mushym
    mushym Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is a bulls**** feature i just started playing this game and it came on now my itms are full and i cant do jack s***who ever desigined this fetuer is a d*** at least put a on off button in there

unhappy customer
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    This feature is in use by millions of people worldwide on PWE's/PWB's games to protect our user's accounts and items. Whether the items were gained by time or purchase, they are equally as valuable and we strive to make sure our players accounts are secure.

Just thoroughly read what the prompts tell you before taking the time to type in a time, clicking confirm, reading the warning, then clicking confirm again.

The feature does not malfunction and GMs can not change it (an extra layer to protect player's accounts). If you are in doubt about counting the hours for 3 days, wait for 4 days then go back. It helps if you log out at least once during that time period.

If you play the game at a LAN of gaming center/cafe or other public location/machine, it is a welcome feature to use so you know your stuff is secure until you will play again.

If you go on vacation, it is a welcome feature so that you know your account and items are safe when you get back.

You would not believe how many people have family members that steal from them: spouses, room mates, grandkids from grandparents, crazy stuff PWE has to deal with.

Had they used the safety lock, if it was relative to how they would be absent from their account, it could have kept someone close to them from jacking their gear and items.

There is the potential that your account could be **** too, but it is more often someone you know that has access to your PC.
  • IvoryAngel - Sanctuary
    IvoryAngel - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hello, my husband got a reply to the ticket he sent in regarding the saftey lock, so thank you for that b:laugh. We are very sure that we waited a full 72 hours, but I guess we might just be having a moment of insanity lol. I know things will be worked out by the next time he logs in because he is taking a week long vacation from game. I was just wondering if there was any kind of history of a glitch, or something where the reset didn't work? Just so that we don't feel so dumb lol. Thanks for your time b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    As long as someone didn't log into the account and mess with it, you should be fine.
  • eklpking
    eklpking Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hi.
    Is it possible for you to help me and get locked up before then? And what do I do? Yours eklpking / Even
  • anonguy
    anonguy Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hi
    would it be a good idea to PK using safety lock active instead of binding gear or carrying guardian scrolls? will i lose exp? seems better cause cheaper than getting binding charms or guardian scrolls.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hahah funniest Thread in history, i LOL so hard at the number of times Mods, admins and GM's posted the same thing over and over and how the same people still asked the same question.

MY advice to the players who dont understand such a simple concept as "dont touch the ******n safety lock for 72 hours" need to uninstall PW, return there PC too wallmart, and go get a nice friendly LEGO set to play with
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hahah funniest Thread in history, i LOL so hard at the number of times Mods, admins and GM's posted the same thing over and over and how the same people still asked the same question.

MY advice to the players who dont understand such a simple concept as "dont touch the ******n safety lock for 72 hours" need to uninstall PW, return there PC too wallmart, and go get a nice friendly LEGO set to play with

ya I so agree. obviously people here against the safety lock don't understand the concept of preventive measures and security.

say.... all those who are in favor of getting rid of the safety lock give me your account info and i'll show you why it's there. b:laugh *sarcasm*

as for substituting the safety lock in place of binding charms/GAs last I heard it doesn't protect against that. b:shocked but i'm not willing to find out. b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BotanJZ - Heavens Tear
    BotanJZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok this feature really just do what it says. If ur a kid and have no idea, and don't know how to read don't touch it. If u ask for it to be taken out well you must be one of the kids who have no idea what their doing.

Safety is one good key feature and it does what its suppose to do which is PROTECT, and provide security.
  • AscendedKing - Sanctuary
    AscendedKing - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I honestly can't believe some of the things i've read why would you "just play with something" called safety lock? After you change the time, it takes 72 hours for the change to apply. What is hard about that concept? Why would you "open the window and not type anything" just to test something that you already messed up? A 5 year old could get the concept. People who can't figure these things out are the reason companies are required to put "caution hot" on products you must heat up on your own. Ridiculous

If you messed it up, set it to one minute, don't touch it, wait 72 hours. How many times it need to be said?
    From the darkness of the abyss, ascends a new king.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azel55
    azel55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My friend put mine on 22 hours and everytime i log on and off, it dosent say "Current Setting:1 min" but "Current Setting:22 hours"b:angry
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Follow the directions in the first post.

Letting someone else access your account can result in a ban.