New prices on mounts

Options

Comments

• KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Its worthless too, who wants that horse when they can have the "beloved" Silvermane for a measly 2.5m.
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Were the mounts status symbols ???? well maybe the people who had them thought they were but in my eyes no they wernt, since I would guess that most people who owned them just sold Gold in AH and bought the orders from other players.

Are people upset because theyare now Cash shop mounts ..ofc they are.. it means they cant sit in the starter Cities and try to impress new players with what they believed was their uber status.

Even mounts such as gold lion/ninetails are not status symbols since they are aquired by luck.
    The only way imo that anything is a status symbol is if it has a high pre-req level, then atleast that person has earned the levels, not just sold gold or got a lucky egg.

IMO were PWI goes wrong with certain mounts is not the price or even having them in the cash shop, but its the low Req level (both new mounts are 40 iirc).
    TBH PWI should introduce mounts that req lvl 80, 90 , 100 ( and spurring only increases the speed and not lowers req level ) then they would be Truly status symbols, since they have been earned through hard work.
  • Unreal_God - Harshlands
    Unreal_God - Harshlands Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ye im sick of all this moaning this mmorpg is best 1 ive played yet and this is the same with a lot of people if you dont like something about the game dont moan about to us just STOP PLAYING!!! lol
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:question Is nobody listening???

The DQ mount that costs 50 copper orders and 30 silver orders is still rare. b:coolb:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:question Is nobody listening???

The DQ mount that costs 50 copper orders and 30 silver orders is still rare. b:coolb:sweat

No body wants that mount when they can have the Silvermane for 2.5m.
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Were the mounts status symbols ???? well maybe the people who had them thought they were but in my eyes no they wernt, since I would guess that most people who owned them just sold Gold in AH and bought the orders from other players.

Are people upset because theyare now Cash shop mounts ..ofc they are.. it means they cant sit in the starter Cities and try to impress new players with what they believed was their uber status..

Some have talked about "status", and you may be quite right about it, but what ppl (including me) are really angree about, I think, is the lost of the pleasure of owning something special that was not earned from someone's purse or from a lucky roll. It's like having a rare pet or a rare baby pet you tamed on yourself although there's no use about it. This makes you feel diff
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Some have talked about "status", and you may be quite right about it, but what ppl (including me) are really angree about, I think, is the lost of the pleasure of owning something special that was not earned from someone's purse or from a lucky roll. It's like having a rare pet or a rare baby pet you tamed on yourself although there's no use about it. This makes you feel diff

Granted those people who got every single Dragon order themself by grinding DQ's , so that they could own a mount for their own pleasure and sense of accomplishment (sp) have maybe a right to feel slighly upset.

Those people have my sympathy, my post was more aimed at those who are crying "omg my status symbol has gone" when more than likely they just paid for the orders.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I only own a Upgraded Panther so I don't understand comlpetely about the other mounts where people worked hard for and now they are cheap. Perhaps it is just the horses.

The other mounts that are cheaper, well that is how the world works sometimes. Once a model of a car is out long enough you can get it cheaper then originally when it was released.

This is just a sign that some new expensive rare model mounts are on the way.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:scorn
    No body wants that mount when they can have the Silvermane for 2.5m.

I do. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Double posting.
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well by all means have at it, as far as I'm concerned they can keep their dragon quest.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For simplicity let us imagine the horse is a small box.

You spend lots of money (or trade in DQ items worth a vast sum of money) to obtain the box.

You sit on this valuable box knowing that you can sell it to generate wealth for other items.

PWI - realising that to get you to spend irl money, they need to decrease your in-game wealth - drastically reduce the value of your box.

Such has been done with many other similair "boxes" by this company.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    All the people crying about how their "rare" mounts aren't anymore...

...your tears sustain me. b:pleased

ಥ_ಥ MOAR-DESU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Really? You mean that person who bought 100$ worth of gold and sold it at the auction so that they could buy their silvermane or violet lightning didn't earn it form their purse? Wow you sure could have fooled me.

What you are angry about, is that instead of someone buying the gold and selling it in game to buy your overly priced mounts to begin with, PWI got in on some of that action. Now they are getting the money for said mount instead of you, and you can no longer hold the market on a mount that wasn't worth 15 million to begin with.

Lets get down to the REAL issue here. Its not about Status, its not about rarity, luck, or buying it outright. Its about the fact that PWI cornered a market on their own game! HOW DARE THEM? How dare they take a game they put out for free and corner the market on something they could cash shop?

You want status, get to lvl 90-100. That is where status comes from. Just b/c every newb is no longer gawking at your silvermane or violet lightning when you have your silly little pk fests in Etherblade giving you your jollies you are upset. Get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Really? You mean that person who bought 100$ worth of gold and sold it at the auction so that they could buy their silvermane or violet lightning didn't earn it form their purse? Wow you sure could have fooled me.

What you are angry about, is that instead of someone buying the gold and selling it in game to buy your overly priced mounts to begin with, PWI got in on some of that action. Now they are getting the money for said mount instead of you, and you can no longer hold the market on a mount that wasn't worth 15 million to begin with.

Lets get down to the REAL issue here. Its not about Status, its not about rarity, luck, or buying it outright. Its about the fact that PWI cornered a market on their own game! HOW DARE THEM? How dare they take a game they put out for free and corner the market on something they could cash shop?

You want status, get to lvl 90-100. That is where status comes from. Just b/c every newb is no longer gawking at your silvermane or violet lightning when you have your silly little pk fests in Etherblade giving you your jollies you are upset. Get over it.

Wow...Brat is barin' her fangs today...! I think you've been exposed to a little bit too much of my Trollidium, dear...

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wow...Brat is barin' her fangs today...! I think you've been exposed to a little bit too much of my Trollidium, dear...

b:shocked

b:shockedI know, that is a bit more harsh than I usually come off with my posts. But seriously, what do ppl expect out of a free game. Life span generally of any fly by night player on an MMO is 6 months. Those here for the LEVEL status will be here longer. I'm tired of all the complaints about PW cornering a market on their own game. *face palm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:shockedI know, that is a bit more harsh than I usually come off with my posts. But seriously, what do ppl expect out of a free game. Life span generally of any fly by night player on an MMO is 6 months. Those here for the LEVEL status will be here longer. I'm tired of all the complaints about PW cornering a market on their own game. *face palm*

...and you said that we'd never agree on anything...

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For you people who disagree with the sadness/factor of the silvermane and other horse in the CS well you don't get it people worked hard for there manes and violet horse (VH) and that's what makes it something you shouldn't put in the CS. It gives people who worked for it a difference then other people in the game, it shows they are different and gives them the sadisfaction of being happy about it. Now with the VH and mane in the CS it doesn't tell bull about the them, the mount not special anymore. Let me put it this way if you work hard for something you want how would you feel if after you got it now there is a easier way to reach it, so easy anyone could do it. For the gms they're putting greed before need. You need more people to stay in play for the buying of gold but instead you put CS knowing that something bad will come out of it. Even after it you still don't do something to prevent it, sure you make a gold trading thread but what 2 response 0 solutions. Why couldn't you have at least put a poll up to see if certain ideas or w/e were good or bad, and maybe a thread to explain why. The only thing i hope is that gold prices go down because even though you don't gold to play or w/e its still funner "to me" to do so.

Btw bored during wq so i did this b:laugh
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How would I feel? The same as now, totally ambivalent. They didn't change your item one bit, they added another method to get it though, and they did so at the same time they lowered the value on all other land mounts. Your accomplishment is still the same so how does it impact you?
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am on the verge of thinking your a GM alt or some such thing similar.

Look, it was a DQ only achievable item. Now I am in a certain spot where I have two different views on this.

I have been working towards getting a Silvermane. Its not easy. I'm not rich. I'm poorer for it. (not selling DQ's sucks) So I can totally empathize with those who worked hard to get the DQ's needed for their DQ mounts. When I would see them pass I would know someone put a lot of work into getting those DQ's. When a member of my Faction would get one and they had worked for months, I would congratulate them. Such perseverance deserves a reward. And a bit of respect.

Now I understand your statements before saying that they might/could have been high level players that bought the DQ's with coin. Or they are players who sold gold. But understand, not all are like this.

Yes I agree, let us continue and take a look at the real issue.

The fact is the blow comes hard and low on the players who worked hard for this achievement. Your belittling of this achievement, I find to be rude. Your "Suck it up drive on. This is life." attitude, although accurate I find to be a little out of place in this particular area. This is a game. We set goals for ourselves. This is one of those things that allows us to enjoy the game. Like the 13 year old boy who worked so hard just for a panther. And the fact you've admitted to not doing DQ's throws a huge whole in all your arguments. Go do some. Take a month. See how many you get. Then your credibility on the subject might hold some more merit.

So step off your high horse Brat its unsightly.

Now the other side.

Whew....a sigh of relief. I've worked hard for over a month doing DQ's. And now I can stop and take the easy way out. And get the mount I wanted for my cleric. Either with my coin or some Gold. Heck I could have bought the mount with all the DQ's I've given to NPC's during the quests. But a feeling of sadness is with me. What I was working so hard to get is now so easily attainable. The image I had of my cleric being on the hard to achieve Silvermane is tarnished. Eh..what can I do.

Well I'll tell you. I hope.....no...I expect that new DQ mounts will be offered soon. The reward system for doing the DQ's needs be reestablished for the players who are willing to put the effort in to get that which must not be named. Plus I need to spend these DQ's on something. So I will hold onto mine and see what the future will bring.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You know PWI as I understood it was based on a Asian game. I was always under the impression the Asian culture frowned on low values and laziness.

This version of PW is an American ran game, not Asian. If you are going to argue about culture make it the right one please!

They took great pride in hard work, the effort you put forth in your task.

So if you build a house yourself, and your neighbor has one built it for them neither one of you should be proud of your homes? This is your skewed belief here. You should be proud in what you do regardless of what someone else does. What you are implying is that you are JEALOUS you had to work a bit harder for something. Jealousy is not a good thing.

This is one of the on going problems with Real life. Everyone has become lazy, wanting everything handed to them, thus leaving the working population to support them and their families.

LOL.. when 40 year old companies close their doors and move to mexico for cheaper labor leaving millions of people unemployed, you can hardly call those people lazy. I might remind you that there are a lot of people who was working for GM a year ago that got their jobs terminated. Those said people were making in excess of 50-75k a year or more. The lazy ones are those who don't want to work, not the ones without jobs. Please get this right.

Then us hard working population are looked down upon for having ill feelings towards those that just want everything handed to them. As a mother I always liked having my daughter play games such as this. It showed her she needed to work for the things she wanted.

Ok mom, she still has to work for it unless you whip out your visa and give into her tantrums...

She couldn't just have it because she wanted it. As I see it now., PWI is giving into the lazy wanters. Wheres the pride in hard work? I lost vaule on misty rings but that I was able to hang with, the players needed those to compete. The players wanted the mounts that required dedication and hard work didnt need them to compete with other players.....they WANTED them.....and PWI gave it to them.
    Proof that people whine and complain no matter what. You don't get it, your upset. You do get it, your upset. Then there is the neutral people who are just content to have a game to play that is fun, beautiful and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options

>.> That's just stupid. Yeah man, PWI is totally cashing in. I'm like a totally rich PWE customer and I would have spent $100 on Gold to sell and get myself a mount. Now I only have to spend $30. Damn, they just straight up made a profit right there.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options

Look, it was a DQ only achievable item. Now I am in a certain spot where I have two different views on this.

I have been working towards getting a Silvermane. Its not easy. I'm not rich. I'm poorer for it. (not selling DQ's sucks) So I can totally empathize with those who worked hard to get the DQ's needed for their DQ mounts. When I would see them pass I would know someone put a lot of work into getting those DQ's. When a member of my Faction would get one and they had worked for months, I would congratulate them. Such perseverance deserves a reward. And a bit of respect.

Now I understand your statements before saying that they might/could have been high level players that bought the DQ's with coin. Or they are players who sold gold. But understand, not all are like this.

Yes I agree, let us continue and take a look at the real issue.

The fact is the blow comes hard and low on the players who worked hard for this achievement. Your belittling of this achievement, I find to be rude. Your "Suck it up drive on. This is life." attitude, although accurate I find to be a little out of place in this particular area. This is a game. We set goals for ourselves. This is one of those things that allows us to enjoy the game. Like the 13 year old boy who worked so hard just for a panther. And the fact you've admitted to not doing DQ's throws a huge whole in all your arguments. Go do some. Take a month. See how many you get. Then your credibility on the subject might hold some more merit.

Now the other side.

Whew....a sigh of relief. I've worked hard for over a month doing DQ's. And now I can stop and take the easy way out. And get the mount I wanted for my cleric. Either with my coin or some Gold. Heck I could have bought the mount with all the DQ's I've given to NPC's during the quests. But a feeling of sadness is with me. What I was working so hard to get is now so easily attainable. The image I had of my cleric being on the hard to achieve Silvermane is tarnished. Eh..what can I do.

Well I'll tell you. I hope.....no...I expect that new DQ mounts will be offered soon. The reward system for doing the DQ's needs be reestablished for the players who are willing to put the effort in to get that which must not be named. Plus I need to spend these DQ's on something. So I will hold onto mine and see what the future will bring.
    Proof that people whine and complain no matter what. You don't get it, your upset. You do get it, your upset. Then there is the neutral people who are just content to have a game to play that is fun, beautiful and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I guess your one of them huh?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I add my voice to what I think is direspectfull for players who have spent time and energy to get some "special" feature that gold could not buy so easilly. Indeed, people can also buy them through Dragon Orders trade... but there were still only a few ppl owning one of them, including those who did actually work for them : the pride of owning one was a reward for the time involved.

Now, one can basicely say seing one of them : "wow, another rich player".... and he would have a 95% chance to be right... and the 5% other players will only be able to suffer silently.
    Where does this snobbery, that people who pay RL money are somehow inferior, come from? Why is putting time into the game so much important than anything else? You think those people didn't put time into RL jobs to earn that money?

Given the RL stereotypes, I would've expected the "rich players" who buy lots of gold to be snobs, smug that they had lots of toys that only they could buy (with their copious amount of money). But it's not. It seems to be mostly the free players who spend lots of time in the game who are snobs, smug that they had toys only they could obtain (with their copious amounts of free time). And now that suddenly people can obtain it a lot more easily, they're cathartic.

The "pride of owning one" as a reward hasn't changed. You still went through those DQ quests, you still got it as a reward, and you still have it as a mount. All that's changed is that it's no longer a status symbol. It doesn't broadcast your accomplishment to other players anymore. If you feel being able to openly brag to other players is necessary for you to feel pride, then you have a serious self-image problem. Most people feel pride in knowing that they set some sort of goal for themselves, and they achieved it. While having other people know about your accomplishment is nice, it's secondary and not necessary.
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For someone who's been posting a lot and in sizeable paragraphs, you sure pick some blinding colors to type in. D:
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:chuckleb:chuckle

Wow look at that, I achieved status without even trying. Anyone who knows me on this forum can definitely tell you, I am no such thing. Altho I think its quite awesome you would imply so.

I have been working towards getting a Silvermane. Its not easy. I'm not rich. I'm poorer for it. (not selling DQ's sucks)

And now you know why I didn't do the quest. Too many people said it wasn't worth it when I started. Now looking back, I can see why. I made way more coins in game then I ever would have if I'd done the quest. But I can tell you one thing, I do every single quest other than DQ this game has to offer, I work my tail off grinding in game to get the things I think I deserve.

I would congratulate them. Such perseverance deserves a reward. And a bit of respect.
    Now this I can agree on. The perseverance does deserve respect and reward. Both of which they still get by completing the quest. But how many people used a spur from the CS to make their horse faster? If they did that, then the reward truly wasn't the original...

Quite frankly, a lot are like this. If there wasn't so many CS sales do you think they'd keep putting new stuff in there? They put it there, because someone buys them.

Your belittling of this achievement, I find to be rude. Your "Suck it up drive on. This is life." attitude, although accurate I find to be a little out of place in this particular area.

I have not once belittled the achievement. If you do the DQ you still get the horse. Its still an achievement. Even more now since you can buy it in the cash shop and not getting it that way and taking the easy way out makes it more of an achievement you should be proud of by doing so.

This is a game. We set goals for ourselves. This is one of those things that allows us to enjoy the game. Like the 13 year old boy who worked so hard just for a panther.

Your goal can still be set. I am failing to see this. They did not remove the option to DQ your way to a mount. They just gave a secondary option to get it.

The 13 year old boy has a luxury some of us don't. At 13 I was working, I had a job. At 16 when I got a learners permit I bought MY own car I earned. I took care of it, and cherished it more than my friends who had parents buy them a car. But today... I am a better person for it. I appreciate things more b/c I know the value of earning it myself. That same little boy learned that same lesson. My car I bought at 16, decades ago is not worth what I paid for it then. Thats just life.

My soap box is in the same city square yours is, its just a different kind of soap.

So after all your complaining and justification instead of finishing the quest so you can feel that sense of pride you are going to just buy it? What was your argument agaiN?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For someone who's been posting a lot and in sizeable paragraphs, you sure pick some blinding colors to type in. D:

It is my thumb print on the forums, you scroll; you know I've been here :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymi - Sanctuary
    Kymi - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I originally tried to post this during maintenace, but found threads were getting closed faster than I could hit reply. So I gave up and went to sleep. Now I realise this subject has been well discussed, but I wish to post my own thoughts. Please bear in mind, I very rarely post any dissent no matter what curve ball we get thrown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do not post often. I hardly ever air my grievances. When I saved up, then took the plunge and treated myself to a black bikini top for a few million.. only to find it in the cash shop for peanuts some 2 weeks later, I did not post. I got angry. I got really angry. Then I let it go.

But now this.. not only takes the cake, it stamps on the box and mashes it into tiny, tiny crumbs.

Let me tell you a story. From almost day 1 of playing PWI, I wanted a horse. I started during the middle of the Jolly Jones event that had the Midnight mount as a prize. I knew I'd never afford one of my own. "Certain" people were buying up all the Midnights and reselling at stupidly inflated prices. But then I discovered I could get a horse from DQ. I knew it would take a long time. But if I spent a lot of time and energy, one day I could have a horse of my own - one dragon order at a time.

I did many, many dragon quests and spent many, many hours (and days, and weeks) farming for coins to buy orders from other players. And eventually, after a very long time, I got my horse, who I love. His name is Derek.

But now, the wonderful people at PWI have decided to release it into the cash shop. And that part in itself is ok. I don't mind that there will be more like Derek. For me, it was never to stand out and be special. It wasn't a "look at me" statement piece. The reason I got it, and love it, is because it's something I enjoy having. It's not only a horse, it's a pretty sparkly horse and that makes me happy. (Hey I have aspergers syndrome.. I like what I like, ok? Don't give me a hard time).

But here's the kicker.. It's 20 Gold in the cash shop, which works out at around 2 Mill (for the time that I got him) or 4 Mill-ish for current coin/gold conversion rates. So here's my question. What did I spend the best part of 18 million coins for? I have, for all intents and purposes thrown 14 Mill coins down the toilet and wasted a whole chunk of my life for nothing.

This only solidifies my belief that PWI bigwigs do not care for their existing players, and prefer to cater only to drawing in new people. It happens everywhere, heck even my ISP does similar marketing strategies. "I'm sorry, this deal is available to new customers only" comes to mind.

I loved PWI from the first day I set foot in this game. I am still trying to love it almost a year later. But stunts like this certainly make it difficult.

So what if I leave? I am just one person. So what if some others of similar mind sets also go? There will always be someone new, with much more ready cash to spend who will take my place. But is that what you really want PWI powers-that-be? Do you really want to lose your loyal players in favour of the casual gamer who spends a bit, then leaves in search of something new, some three months down the line?

Yes you'll still turn over a rather hefty profit, but somewhere along the way the heart of the community will die. And that my friend, is the beginning of the end.

I spent 3 years playing the last MMORPG before coming here. I was ready for the long haul here too. But now I am not so sure. And it's a shame, a real shame.

For what it's worth..

~ Kymi
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Where does this snobbery, that people who pay RL money are somehow inferior, come from? Why is putting time into the game so much important than anything else? You think those people didn't put time into RL jobs to earn that money?

Given the RL stereotypes, I would've expected the "rich players" who buy lots of gold to be snobs, smug that they had lots of toys that only they could buy (with their copious amount of money). But it's not. It seems to be mostly the free players who spend lots of time in the game who are snobs, smug that they had toys only they could obtain (with their copious amounts of free time). And now that suddenly people can obtain it a lot more easily, they're cathartic.

The "pride of owning one" as a reward hasn't changed. You still went through those DQ quests, you still got it as a reward, and you still have it as a mount. All that's changed is that it's no longer a status symbol. It doesn't broadcast your accomplishment to other players anymore. If you feel being able to openly brag to other players is necessary for you to feel pride, then you have a serious self-image problem. Most people feel pride in knowing that they set some sort of goal for themselves, and they achieved it. While having other people know about your accomplishment is nice, it's secondary and not necessary.

So true...true true true..but during this time you need a little extra something to keep you from quitting, but still you lose a little bit of that happy nis from the mounts being in the cs would think about more stuff but kinda going brain dead here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I only have 1 major complaint about the new mount prices...

All the damn crying over World Chat about "oh noez! I wurked so hard! End of world!!!!11111oneone"

- How many people spent 25m+ for a herc right before a Battle Pet Pack sale?
    - How many times have people bought fresh charms, right before another charm sale?
    - How much "bonus" gold has been lost by them randomly announcing a 15% bonus zhen, AFTER people have charged hundreds on there accounts?
    - How often have people bought a new mount just to have the special edition mount of there dreams released soon after?

My point is this: These events are really just sprung on us. We can all cry about it, flood world chat with needless complaints, and go sit in the emo corner, -OR- we can just accept that maybe our being impatient, greedy, selfish players has something to do with it some times.

Oh, and god forbid the idea of it just being bad luck that you bought something full price right before it goes on sale.

/rant