• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah its permanent,silvermane.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does Silver mane stay permanent in cash shop?

answering you with a quote from the news post:
    First off, allow us to present two new permanent additions to the boutique. Horse mounts!

b:victory
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Awesome b:laugh <3 you GMs!!
    At least I can concentrate on saving up for herc first then my beloved silver mane <333
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    pwi is just farming money before it dies its only a few months before the new games comes out and with this stupid short term management pwi wont last long,

Please leave constructive feedback or do not post. We really do take peoples feedback, but it becomes more difficult to do so when we have to wade through a stream of baseless insults
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Can I buy one of those in the cash shop aswell or are they only a "status" symbol b:chuckle

Oh noes! I am keeping my high horse as a status symbol b:chuckle don't you dare try to buy one!

pwi is just farming money before it dies its only a few months before the new games comes out and with this stupid short term management pwi wont last long,

Your opinion, tho you are allowed to express it; isn't based on fact. Facts are PW is doing quite fine. If you've not noticed with all the zen being charged they are doing better than ever. PW isn't dying anytime soon. The game is good enough, content keeps being added; people are generally overall happy. In a few hours time yesterday I found 40 new ppl lurking in new cities. Yep, new people are coming all the time. And they have to find a way to keep the interest of the old players/ and the new.

You are intent on trying to shut it down. Because all your posts indicate the new game.. blah blah blah. Fact of the matter is the flighty people who come for a few short months and then go, that is their MO. They will do this no matter what happens. Others who enjoy the game, and have spent time/money acquiring in game coins, and other monetary items in game will stay for the game.

That management, altho sometimes not swift in their decisions aren't stupid. I bet they made thousands of people happy with the new boutique items. Against maybe 1000 they made unhappy. And you wonder who they are going to cater to? The only concern I have, is the game has come so far so fast, how are they going to better it in the future. I'm excited to see, so far its pretty awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Oh noes! I am keeping my high horse as a status symbol b:chuckle don't you dare try to buy one!

Your opinion, tho you are allowed to express it; isn't based on fact. Facts are PW is doing quite fine. If you've not noticed with all the zen being charged they are doing better than ever. PW isn't dying anytime soon. The game is good enough, content keeps being added; people are generally overall happy. In a few hours time yesterday I found 40 new ppl lurking in new cities. Yep, new people are coming all the time. And they have to find a way to keep the interest of the old players/ and the new.

You are intent on trying to shut it down. Because all your posts indicate the new game.. blah blah blah. Fact of the matter is the flighty people who come for a few short months and then go, that is their MO. They will do this no matter what happens. Others who enjoy the game, and have spent time/money acquiring in game coins, and other monetary items in game will stay for the game.

That management, altho sometimes not swift in their decisions aren't stupid. I bet they made thousands of people happy with the new boutique items. Against maybe 1000 they made unhappy. And you wonder who they are going to cater to? The only concern I have, is the game has come so far so fast, how are they going to better it in the future. I'm excited to see, so far its pretty awesome

You just go around finding new players all day?O_O
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I do not post often. I hardly ever air my grievances. When I saved up, then took the plunge and treated myself to a black bikini top for a few million.. only to find it in the cash shop for peanuts some 2 weeks later, I did not post. I got angry. I got really angry. Then I let it go.

But now this.. not only takes the cake, it stamps on the box and mashes it into tiny, tiny crumbs.

Let me tell you a story. From almost day 1 of playing PWI, I wanted a horse. I started during the middle of the Jolly Jones event that had the Midnight mount as a prize. I knew I'd never afford one of my own. "Certain" people were buying up all the Midnights and reselling at stupidly inflated prices. But then I discovered I could get a horse from DQ. I knew it would take a long time. But if I spent a lot of time and energy, one day I could have a horse of my own - one dragon order at a time.

I did many, many dragon quests and spent many, many hours (and days, and weeks) farming for coins to buy orders from other players. And eventually, after a very long time, I got my horse, who I love. His name is Derek.

But now, the wonderful people at PWI have decided to release it into the cash shop. And that part in itself is ok. I don't mind that there will be more like Derek. For me, it was never to stand out and be special. It wasn't a "look at me" statement piece. The reason I got it, and love it, is because it's something I enjoy having. It's not only a horse, it's a pretty sparkly horse and that makes me happy. (Hey I have aspergers syndrome.. I like what I like, ok? Don't give me a hard time).

But here's the kicker.. It's 20 Gold in the cash shop, which works out at around 2 Mill (for the time that I got him) or 4 Mill-ish for current coin/gold conversion rates. So here's my question. What did I spend the best part of 18 million coins for? I have, for all intents and purposes thrown 14 Mill coins down the toilet and wasted a whole chunk of my life for nothing.
    1. Life is not fair. Sometimes things go in your favor, sometimes they don't. People tend to forget the lucky times, but remember the bad times. If you focus too much on the times when things didn't go your way, you will grow into a bitter old man/woman. It's over, it's past. You still have your horse. You still have whatever money you had in the bank just before they put the horses in the cash shop. Bad things happen in life. Don't dwell on what could have been in the past. Forget about it, move on, and think ahead to what could be in the future. It will make you a much happier person.

2. It is possible to make all the right decisions, and still have a bad outcome. The fact that you would have been better off waiting to get a horse does not mean you did something wrong. You made the right decisions at the time as to the best way to acquire what you wanted. That things turned out this way does not reflect upon you as a person. It doesn't mean you were stupid, or that you did dumb things. Anyone who says so is an idiot taking advantage of 20/20 hindsight. Sometimes things just turn out this way even if you make all the right decisions. Refer to (1) above.

3. In the grand scheme of things, your perceived loss is not that big a deal. A friend of mine invested his life savings into the stock market the day before Black Monday. He pulled out soon afterwards (thus missing the recovery), and was so disenchanted he avoided the stock market for a decade. He finally worked up the courage to try again in late 1999, a few months before the dot-com bubble burst. He's lost probably close to 80% of his life savings in those two crashes. Your loss, while it may seem painful, is really not so bad compared to what others have had to go through in life. The true measure of a person is how able they are to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and carry on.

4. Diversify. If you have a significant portion of your perceived self-worth tied up in a single thing, you are very vulnerable to being crushed both emotionally and financially if the value of that single thing suddenly drops. The key to avoid this is to diversify. Invest your wealth and sense of self-worth in lots of different things. If one of them fails, you still have the others to fall back on. Another friend of mine did nothing but coach for the local kids soccer team. He did it both as a job, and he spent all his free time helping the kids on the team out with practice, events, thinking up game plays, etc. When budget cuts forced the cancellation of the soccer program, he was devastated. No job, no other hobbies, no family, nothing. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

5. Have fun. It's a game. The point is to have fun. If you wanted a horse, you were supposed to have fun working to acquire it. If there is no fun way to acquire it, then it isn't worth getting. If the game ever starts to feel like it's becoming work, you need to step back and ask yourself: Why are you playing? Is it really worth it? Could you be doing something better with your time? Acquiring "stuff", leveling your character, becoming more powerful in-game, these are not the end goals. They are simply means to an end - to have fun. Keep some perspective, and never lose sight of this.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does Silver mane stay permanent in cash shop?

Indeed it does, as mentioned in the announcement Silver Mane and Violet lightening are both permanent addition. b:dirty As well the new discounted mount prices for the more classic mounts are also permanent - although they say sale in the boutique screen b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

And you know for a fact how the new games will be, since they have not been released yet, right? I am sure you have an inside into how their economies will be...

Remember, the grass always seems to be greener on the other side of the fence.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you were unable to buy gold in game at all, no-one would be complaining about all the sales. Perhaps they should remove that function and give everyone something real to complain about?

Even though I already own a mount, I welcome the reduction in price. Although I can understand why the addition of the horse mounts would ruffle a few feathers. Prior to their addition to the boutique, they were pretty tough to obtain...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • metorica
    metorica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually, one last thing on my mind is for any other rares you plan on introducing into the Boutique, it'd be better for half of the server's emotional health that it not be permanent :<
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As Ophida said, I can understand those who had obtained a rare horse mount in game being frustrated, but that sort of thing happens alot in MMOs.

Gold in PWI is more easily affordable and goes quite a bit farther than in any other MMO I have played, so I really can't bring myself to get too worked up about the average price rising, or new CS sales.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited August 2009
    metorica wrote: »
    Actually, one last thing on my mind is for any other rares you plan on introducing into the Boutique, it'd be better for half of the server's emotional health that it not be permanent :<

Why is it better that way?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Because then a few weeks later, PWI can go, "SURPRISE! SALE AGAIN!" /sarcasm.
  • clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Really? You mean that person who bought 100$ worth of gold and sold it at the auction so that they could buy their silvermane or violet lightning didn't earn it form their purse? Wow you sure could have fooled me.

What you are angry about, is that instead of someone buying the gold and selling it in game to buy your overly priced mounts to begin with, PWI got in on some of that action. Now they are getting the money for said mount instead of you, and you can no longer hold the market on a mount that wasn't worth 15 million to begin with.

Lets get down to the REAL issue here. Its not about Status, its not about rarity, luck, or buying it outright. Its about the fact that PWI cornered a market on their own game! HOW DARE THEM? How dare they take a game they put out for free and corner the market on something they could cash shop?

You want status, get to lvl 90-100. That is where status comes from. Just b/c every newb is no longer gawking at your silvermane or violet lightning when you have your silly little pk fests in Etherblade giving you your jollies you are upset. Get over it.

if someone did indeed buy $100 of zen and sold it to purchase the "overpriced" horse, then PW gets that $100 regardless. furthermore, to all you proponents of a free market and a fluid economy, PWI cornering the market on "their own game" is NOT a free market. it completely ignores supply and demand by super-inflating supply and setting up a price ceiling.

to say that the main issue is not with status is to ignore what the few people who actually worked for the mounts have accomplished. i can farm or merchant the 20 gold in less than a week. however, it took me over 2 months and 40 levels to do the requisite dqs. no, not everyone bought orders.

you make a lot of broad assumptions and insulting comments about the people who are upset. not all players are the same. people play the game for a lot of different reasons. some play for PVP and thus focus on levels and gear, some play for the social community, etc. everyone has different motivations. please don't keep assuming that in an RPG level and gear mean everything to the community. otherwise, there wouldnt be a market for clothing or different mounts in the first place. everyone would buy (as you do) the cheapest, fastest mount, ignore all optional things like clothing, and grind ALL day.

one player said it best. "it's not a RPG game anymore, where players works to get the reward... but it's an eBay now, where it's all about money". free to play only works if it is fun to play for free. otherwise it's not truly free to play. if everything you work for is constantly devalued, how is this fun? i'd much rather spend $15 a month on a much better supported pay-to-play game than on cash shop items for a "free" game that is still rife with unfixed technical issues.

if you prefer this game, that's fine. but allow others to have their own opinions. it's not about "e-peen" or spending too much time in the basement, it's about playing a game for fun. there are so many other possible additions to the cash-shop easily implemented. instead the developers put in one of the very few mounts that had to be earned, either through loads of dqs or loads of coin, and to add insult to injury made the mount only 20g. this alone wouldnt be disturbing, but the past few patches have all indicated that the "exciting new content" is all smokes and mirrors, and all that remains is the boutique and players' wallets.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Fact of the matter is the flighty people who come for a few short months and then go, that is their MO. They will do this no matter what happens. its

Also 6 months down the line they will be posting the exact same thing on the "new games" forum, just before another "new game" comes out.

Its the nature of the MMO beast that new games are constantly coming out and im sure PWI and its parent company are not stupid enough not to realise its a very competative market.
    Yes they know X amount of players will leave regardless of what decisions they make. ( they could give away free cash shop items and players will still leave for the what they believe is the next best thing ), so players posting "OMG we will leave" isnt really a shock to them.

Their concern isnt so much players leaving ( which they know happens/will happen ) but to attract new players to replace them, and imo I cant see that being a major problem, since for all the moaning and crying on forums PWI is a great F2P MMO
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok the point is:

1. Yesterday I had the sensation that I was inside a dictatorship. How many posts was closed? Many threads with complaints was closed under the claim of spam and forbidden words and expressions. GM's was avoiding ppl complaints saying that it was spam. Ok, I'm really surprised thas this post here still open. This is amazing. And, GM's, you could, instead of closing posts, do what you was doing with the latest posts: put it inside this one here. Wouldn't sound so bad as what happened yesterday. Come on.. Be clever. It just made the company looks a bit worst.

2. Ok, you can try to avoid ppl talking about certain games and things that is happeneing (like ppl leaving pwi for another game). But this is happening even more with those who are playing this game since it started.

3. Why ppl leave? Ok, many are annoyed because everything has an end and yes, for they pwi reached the end. But also it's because the game reached a lvl of unsatisfaction. Ppl want new chalenges and when I talk about chalenges I'm talking about hard work inside game to reach what they want.

4. The horses was an example of hard work. We can look at this thread and see how many ppl telling how much they had to work to get their horses (and I am one of these ppl who worked for about one month and spend about 16-18 mil to have the horse). The sensation we have now is like we worked for nothing.

5. Because, well, now we have our mounts, happy us. But the value of the mounts wasn't just the 16-18mil, but how hard it was to get. So almost the entire group who had this mount was those ones who worked a lot for it.

6. But now that value atributed by feelings and status and game was gone because you can just buy it with 20 gold. It will make the sales of spurs and mounts increase, what gives to the mounts the simple comercial value. No more status with it.

7. It can sound ridiculous, but administrators of a RPG/MMORG game: you must know that inside the game you deal also with feelings and status. Many ppl just play the pixels, many ppl don't. Why? Because we are in a comunity, with many other ppl, knowing each other and bla bla bla. Many ppl think that just lvl, weapons and armors give status. But there is the other half that don't think like this. There a big group of ppl that, for example, try to get a nice mount or white clothes because it's hard to get and it gives status. Not just because it's beautifull, but because the entire game know how hard is to get it.

8. You can't just put this "status group" out of the game. You must deal with it also. If at least the mounts wasn't permanent you wouldn't have so many complaints. But the point is that it made many ppl frustrated. And come on, games are not about a frustation caused for a decision of administrators. You can be frustrated with your faction, with your development, with many things. But the administrators can't cause it. Because doing it they are just taking ppl out of the game.

9. You, administratos and GM's, must "sell this game" for your players. Make ppl feel good inside it. And yes, I'm not stupid, I know they can't satisfy everyone. But action like this one with horses caused too many frustration and this is not good for you. And you know why: a game that doesn't give satisfaction for ppl won't keep they inside it.

10. And yes: I know you won't give any attention for what I said and probably won't read it. But this is a big business mistake: everyone knows that to keep an enterprise working properly you must please your targets. This is a basic administration concept.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Or you mean that when you have the expensive item it is not fair for it to be made affordable to everyone else?
    All mounts took a big discount - also good thing, more people can afford them now.
    I don't have the Silver Mane. I never did. The person I'm referring to isn't rich like me. She's a new player who saw the Silver Mane as the penultimate goal to strive for. So she farmed mats continuously to get it. I'd never have gone to the effort she did (and it was genuinely a lot), but that's because I'm more process-oriented while she's more goal-oriented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's no justification for being angry about this. Did the feeling of accomplishment and pride you or she had the moment she got her mount fade the moment they went on sale? If the answer is yes, please replace the captain of your brain ship, because he's drunk at the wheel. I would never let something becoming significantly easier to attain force me to let go of the pride I felt when I accomplished something I felt was absolutely cool at the time I did it. In my gaming career, there have often been times where I accomplished something, or got something first on my server, and went to bed happily, only to discover two months down the road that there's now an easy button to get what I had. And yet never in those times did I feel chagrin, or robbed; someone new now has that feeling that they got something awesome, and they're now feeling what I did then. It's almost like emotional sex, only the other person doesn't know I'm having it with them.
    The "pride of owning one" as a reward hasn't changed. You still went through those DQ quests, you still got it as a reward, and you still have it as a mount. All that's changed is that it's no longer a status symbol. It doesn't broadcast your accomplishment to other players anymore. If you feel being able to openly brag to other players is necessary for you to feel pride, then you have a serious self-image problem. Most people feel pride in knowing that they set some sort of goal for themselves, and they achieved it. While having other people know about your accomplishment is nice, it's secondary and not necessary.
    There is so much truth in these 2 quotes
    But here's the kicker.. It's 20 Gold in the cash shop, which works out at around 2 Mill (for the time that I got him) or 4 Mill-ish for current coin/gold conversion rates. So here's my question. What did I spend the best part of 18 million coins for? I have, for all intents and purposes thrown 14 Mill coins down the toilet and wasted a whole chunk of my life for nothing.
    Are you one of the pples that go back and demand refunds on department stores cause they made a blowout sale a day after you bought something with your HARD EARNED money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2009
    Because then a few weeks later, PWI can go, "SURPRISE! SALE AGAIN!" /sarcasm.

I got a mental pitcure of a jack in the box there O.o
    edited August 2009
    Ok the point is:

The point is:

Please lower the prices of the things I want to buy and keep the prices high for the stuff I already have.

Last week: Please make prices lower so I can afford stuff, with the current prices a charm costs 800k and a cheap mount 2mil and it is not fair on the new players that cannot afford them.
    This week: Why did you lower the price of the mounts, I spend 20 million on mine just 2 days ago and now it is worth less, and all the new players will be able to get one. Where is my status for having a 20 million mount?

Regarding the threads deleted. They violeted the forum rules. Plain and simple. As you can see this one is still up, and a couple of others where the op was smart enough to not go off the deep end insulting everything and everyone.
    edited August 2009
    If you were unable to buy gold in game at all, no-one would be complaining about all the sales. Perhaps they should remove that function and give everyone something real to complain about?
    In all games like PWI there is some sort of real-money / in-game money exchange rate. The AH just makes it clearer, more transparent, and easier to do, which is a good thing. Taking out the AH Gold exchange won't fundamentally change things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok the point is:

4. The horses was an example of hard work. We can look at this thread and see how many ppl telling how much they had to work to get their horses

Granted a "few" people are unhappy about the mounts but you can be pretty much 100% sure that those who are happy outnumbers those who are not by what 10 to 1 ? 20 to 1 ? 100 to 1 ?, and in that sense PWI has done whats best. it has to cater for the many not the few.
    If it upset 500 players but makes 5000 happy then which option is the best ?
    edited August 2009
    Granted a "few" people are unhappy about the mounts but you can be pretty much 100% sure that those who are happy outnumbers those who are not by what 10 to 1 ? 20 to 1 ? 100 to 1 ?, and in that sense PWI has done whats best. it has to cater for the many not the few.

But isn't this all about "me"? Who cares if the majority is happy, those poor, poor 500 souls are now unhappy.... shame on PW for not making everyone happy at the same time...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    But isn't this all about "me"? Who cares if the majority is happy, those poor, poor 500 souls are now unhappy.... shame on PW for not making everyone happy at the same time...
    its about 500 poor epeens that got filtered cause PWI decided to create a forest. Now they dont stand out. XDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The point is:

Please lower the prices of the things I want to buy and keep the prices high for the stuff I already have.

I want to add, please give me everything for free.

PWI after all, is a business; it's objective is to make money. While getting revenue out of CS sales, they must also keep their player base happy. I'm sure they constantly struggle to balance between the two and find a happy compromise. Yes compromise, because not everyone can agree on everything.

In the end for us, it's just a game.
    edited August 2009
    The point is:

Actually, your point is that players who have different ideas of what makes the game fun don't matter, because they are wrong. I get it. You don't need to keep repeating yourself.

My point is that I'm rich and make in-game money no matter what and don't personally give a hoot which way the prices go because I'll still figure out a way to profit anyway, but I'm not the only type of person who plays this game. You get it, right? I don't need to keep repeating myself, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Are you one of the pples that go back and demand refunds on department stores cause they made a blowout sale a day after you bought something with your HARD EARNED money?

actually, in case you didn't know, most department stores will indeed refund the difference if you made a purchase the day before a sale.

clearly, they see the value in customer satisfaction and retention. there's more to economics and profit maximization than money and prices.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    actually, in case you didn't know, most department stores will indeed refund the difference if you made a purchase the day before a sale.

clearly, they see the value in customer satisfaction and retention. there's more to economics and profit maximization than money and prices.

My local electronics store extended their sale specifically for me when I bought my laptop, because I had been in the week before looking at it and when I came back the sale was over. ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm *very* happy the DQ horse went on sale.

My wife has been taking all my DQ drops and banking them away to do DQ's with, trying to get that frackin' horse.

As soon as I saw the announcement this morning, I dug out the card and bought one for her, with the spurs.

Now I can have my drops back, and maybe be able to afford repairs/weps/armor/charms on this monster.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein