At long last, lev 80 as a FAC

ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
At long last, finally, I made it to lev 80. Can't tell you how exhilirated I am, never thought I'd make it. On 4 vit, at that hehehe...

It's been a long and lonely road as a Full Attack Cleric and I really don't regret my choice nor do I give a darn about what everyone else says, or has said in the past, and all the scorn for the built I chose.

Now, for me, the game is just starting, wheee...

b:pleased
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Good for you?
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    At long last, finally, I made it to lev 80. Can't tell you how exhilirated I am, never thought I'd make it. On 4 vit, at that hehehe...

It's been a long and lonely road as a Full Attack Cleric and I really don't regret my choice nor do I give a darn about what everyone else says, or has said in the past, and all the scorn for the built I chose.

Wow u have a Girl with a green mo-hawk for a character, LMAO

Enuff said
    b:sweat
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Wow u have a Girl with a green mo-hawk for a character, LMAO

Yep, I'm a girl and the mohawk is pinkish grey now, same colours as head wings.

How about you? Why do some barbs remind me of Winnie...

b:shutup

P.s.: let me update my signature...
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    with 4 vit, don't mean pure mag cleric?b:laugh
    edited August 2009
    with 4 vit, don't mean pure mag cleric?b:laugh

That's right, 356 MAG and just enough STR for equip.

b:chuckle
    Crafting:
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    eventually people will understand that:

Full Attack Cleric - does not equal - Full Mag Cleric

(one is a stat build and one is based on a mindset and limiting skill selections to only attack skills and self buffs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont think people will every get it Slake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't understand.
    Isn't leveling as a FAC easier than leveling any other type of cleric?
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Did you level Ironheart? If thats the case, Im sorry, but youre NOT a FAC, just normal full magic
    edited August 2009
    Did you level Ironheart? If thats the case, Im sorry, but youre NOT a FAC, just normal full magic

That has got to be the most stupid comment I ever read regarding FACs. Ironheart IS personal survival and yes, it needs to be maxed.

FAC = Full Attack Cleric. As such, we max our
    :

- debuffs and seals (silence/stun/paralyze)

- buffs (the whole series of individual buffs, not the one-hour group ones)

- nukes (the whole series of them including the AoE's)

and, of course, Metal Mastery.

We leave at 1:

- Revive (mine's at 3, I'm generous that way): this issue is what brings everyone's scorn upon us. Players expect us to level this to 10 so they won't lose any experience. I'm sorry, but if I play responsibly, carrying GA and pots, I expect every other intelligent player to do the same.
    Again, every player needs to learn that we, clerics, whether healers or FAC are no one's slave.

- Purify

What we DO NOT touch are:

- Group heals

- Group buffs

- BB

What we will be getting in late 80s are a few group goodies
    :

- Arcane Empowerment

- Great Prot. Aura

- Aegis Spirit

- Exalted.

That's how a FAC is built. But without a maxed Ironheart from the start, a Full Attack Cleric won't be going anywhere.

Now, if you don't like this build, you have your reasons but you have to realize that we, gamers, play the game for our own pleasure. NOT yours.

We put as much money, energy, time and efforts than everybody else: why should we cower to your infantile tantrums?

Beyond me, really...

*sigh*
    Crafting:
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I dont think people will every get it Slake.

I know right?! LOL

Im pretty sure that even cayeon's FAC guide explains it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yep, I'm a girl and the mohawk is pinkish grey now, same colours as head wings.

How about you? Why do some barbs remind me of Winnie...

b:shutup

P.s.: let me update my signature...

Sorry to Burst your bubble, but im a tiger now, the avatar just wont let me change from panda to tiger, ive tried numerous times Q_Q
    b:sweat
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That has got to be the most stupid comment I ever read regarding FACs. Ironheart IS personal survival and yes, it needs to be maxed.

:

We leave at 1:

- Revive (mine's at 3, I'm generous that way): this issue is what brings everyone's scorn upon us. Players expect us to level this to 10 so they won't lose any experience. I'm sorry, but if I play responsibly, carrying GA and pots, I expect every other intelligent player to do the same.
    Again, every player needs to learn that we, clerics, whether healers or FAC are no one's slave.

- Purify

- Group heals

- Group buffs

- BB

:

- Arcane Empowerment

- Great Prot. Aura

- Aegis Spirit

- Exalted.

That's how a FAC is built. But without a maxed Ironheart from the start, a Full Attack Cleric won't be going anywhere.

Now, if you don't like this build, you have your reasons but you have to realize that we, gamers, play the game for our own pleasure. NOT yours.

We put as much money, energy, time and efforts than everybody else: why should we cower to your infantile tantrums?

Beyond me, really...

*sigh*
    You seem to know what FAC is. But what I personally wonder is ....why do you not have the spirit to max the others? I started off somewhat FAC till around 70+ when I started bulking up in loads of SP that werent used. (and no, there were no genies or RBs back then) Is it a money issue for you?
    If so you can use genie exp cube to make $$ with surplus SP and then lvl your skill all up.
    It just seems to me that after you have surplus SP and coins to be able to lvl up all skills, FAC, FSC, full MAG, VIT or LA, your just making the game incomplete for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tamaguchi - Harshlands
    Tamaguchi - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, I TT enough to say that a cleric without BB is fail and no point to be invited. As a Lvl 80 Full Mag Cleric I have my 1 hr buffs except for the regen, wellspring, ironheart, BB, RB, purify, and revive, all maxed. Not to mention, maxed attack skills except weild thunder, maxed mdef debuff, maxed metal mastery, and not to mention a lvl 80 genie.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009

:

We leave at 1:

- Purify

- Group heals

- Group buffs

- BB

:

- Arcane Empowerment

- Great Prot. Aura

- Aegis Spirit

- Exalted.

Beyond me, really...

*sigh*

It would seem to me you are trying to rewrite the guide to FAC.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, I TT enough to say that a cleric without BB is fail and no point to be invited. As a Lvl 80 Full Mag Cleric I have my 1 hr buffs except for the regen, wellspring, ironheart, BB, RB, purify, and revive, all maxed. Not to mention, maxed attack skills except weild thunder, maxed mdef debuff, maxed metal mastery, and not to mention a lvl 80 genie.

^^ This ^^

No rebirth, HH/TT will be a nightmare and very hard to find a squad!

Not having BB = Many lost opportunities/ Even level 3 Revive b:sweat

Oh well....your build is your build.....b:surrender

> And before you flame: I have every single skill max @ Level 10 and 3 at Level 11, so in the end your "build" really does not matter in terms of the skills you have and/or do not have. But I am still stuck on you not having BB!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    your "build" really does not matter in terms of the skills you have and/or do not have.

exactly, all FAC means is not lvling your revive/purify past 1 and not having BB..........which is extremely stupid.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Situation:

in TT 2-2 fighting cosmoforce

Tank: "OMG OMG cosmo keeps buffing himself and your IH isn't keeping up cleric, quick cast BB while i turtle"

FAC cleric: "Oh I can't cast BB, Im a FAC that didn't want to spend 120k on an essential skill 20 lvls ago"

- party wipe -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't understand.
    Isn't leveling as a FAC easier than leveling any other type of cleric?

I'm same frame of mind as this person. What's the big accomplishment. Leveling a full support cleric is a task that hard to accomplish. Making a Pure Magic, attacks skills only cleric is easier to finish basic quests and faster to grind with. Nothing to brag about.

My cleric is all attack skills and buffs skill also. Revive... you must be kidding, might be the last thing i level. I'm a think only of myself loner too. Whoopie for me as well.
    edited August 2009
    You seem to know what FAC is. But what I personally wonder is ....why do you not have the spirit to max the others? I started off somewhat FAC till around 70+ when I started bulking up in loads of SP that werent used. (and no, there were no genies or RBs back then) Is it a money issue for you?
    If so you can use genie exp cube to make $$ with surplus SP and then lvl your skill all up.

Up to now, money was scarce and so were SP points, but I managed the essentials, as listed :)
    It just seems to me that after you have surplus SP and coins to be able to lvl up all skills, FAC, FSC, full MAG, VIT or LA, your just making the game incomplete for yourself.

Sorry, I don't have surplus coins/spirit, esp not after levelling my genie up to my level. Besides, there is absolutely no use for me to go LA or hybrid, what I'm building is a Full Attack Cleric, which is pure Arcane (MAG).

:)
    Crafting:
  • Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear
    Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Basically ur squsihy as ever right? whats ur hp =O
    "Want Me To Sing You Too Sleep"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    SO Exel so called FAC, whats the highest damage you have done in one hit? Im interested :P

I won't be surprised if you don't reply, and just quote more FAC scripture, thats what you seem to be doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
    edited August 2009
    Hi all and thanks for your replies.

Tamaguchi wrote:

In TT runs/quests -- as a secondary healer -- I don't want/need BB, but I do have/use RB while the primary healer uses BB. I always let the squad know of my build.

I don't find TT runs exceptionaly interesting for me in terms of experience or otherwise. I get my tt80 mats elsewhere. But it is fun to do TT runs with friends who appreciate unwanted aggro taken off them with stun/paralyze or silence: that's another way of keeping everyone alive. I also party with another cleric guildmate who's pretty good at tanking as well as being a primary healer.

MystiMonk wrote:
    It would seem to me you are trying to rewrite the guide to FAC.

Not really, I'm just explaining it as I understand it.

Slake replied:
    Situation:

in TT 2-2 fighting cosmoforce

Tank: "OMG OMG cosmo keeps buffing himself and your IH isn't keeping up cleric, quick cast BB while i turtle"

FAC cleric: "Oh I can't cast BB, Im a FAC that didn't want to spend 120k on an essential skill 20 lvls ago"

- party wipe -

I very seldom do TT 2-2 runs and never met your stupid scenario.

I guess people should see clerics as clerics and inquire about their builds before entering any instance. The most common mistake is to equate cleric with healer and that mistake is only yours. Not mine, nor is it the mistake of any other FAC built player.

The second most common mistake which turns us clerics away from being primary healers is that many players do not even know their own role in the game. Barbs will rush onto a boss before anyone has taken position, venos stand too close to their pets, etc etc, ending the encounter with party swipe no matter how well the full healers are working.

Many teammates I've partied with were only thinking about the drops even before getting to the boss, and found no pleasure in the fight itself. I think when we all play together instead of focusing on the bounty, it makes it a lot more fun and effective.

It's funny how everyone else demands a cleric to be a perfect healer in order to save their sorry behinds, while they can't even play their own character properly. Tsk tsk...

Narcoticwrote:
    What's the big accomplishment. Leveling a full support cleric is a task that hard to accomplish. Making a Pure Magic, attacks skills only cleric is easier to finish basic quests and faster to grind with. Nothing to brag about.

I had to lol at this one. Easy, with only 4 VIT? How about when soloing melee mobs? Dying about 10 times in a regular quest against melee mobs is business as usual for a FAC, so carrying charms and GAs is really a must.
    My cleric is all attack skills and buffs skill also. Revive... you must be kidding, might be the last thing i level. I'm a think only of myself loner too. Whoopie for me as well.

Well, if a cleric decides to think outside the box doesn't mean she/he can't be helpful in other ways to the teammates. It's just a question of how best we can help and still find enjoyment in the game, like everyone else.

How about other decent characters/players? Are they selfish too? I don't think so, but I'm not always so sure...

Holy_Justice wrote:
    Basically ur squsihy as ever right? whats ur hp

You bet I'm squishy with a mere 1,750 HP, hehe. This is why I shard all my (MAG bonused) equip with high PhysD gems. This is also why I HAVE to (long range) kill a mob after stunning him before he can even reach me. Otherwise it's another trip in town. *sigh*

Slake wrote again:
    SO Exel so called FAC, whats the highest damage you have done in one hit? Im interested

You talking crit or normal hit? Don't forget, we get a X-mas blessing in our lev 80 stash, that helps a great deal. As to the numbers, I'd have to post a screenie 'cause I'm not a statistics fan.
    I won't be surprised if you don't reply, and just quote more FAC scripture, thats what you seem to be doing.

You think so? Then I wonder why you keep coming back for more :)

Finally, I'd just like to add that each and every one of us play this game for various reasons, and that's ok, we really don't have to be the same, either in game or in RL.

b:bye
    Crafting:
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sorry, I don't have surplus coins/spirit, esp not after levelling my genie up to my level. Besides, there is absolutely no use for me to go LA or hybrid, what I'm building is a Full Attack Cleric, which is pure Arcane (MAG).

:)

Is this not what we have been telling you? You are a Full Mag build...you just choose to call yourself FAC because you did not level some skills.

And OMG your HP...1750 b:surrender All pdef and no hp? b:cry

You have RB and NOT BB? b:sweat

Ok....I cannot go on....GL!! I can only imagine you in TW or PvP b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2009
    Is this not what we have been telling you? You are a Full Mag build...you just choose to call yourself FAC because you did not level some skills.

Not only have I not levelled some skills, but I didn't even get them, so I would not be tempted to think as a healer. Plus the fact that I have focused and maxed other skills not heal oriented.

And what is YOUR definition of a FAC?

And OMG your HP...1750 All pdef and no hp?

You have RB and NOT BB?

Ok....I cannot go on....GL!! I can only imagine you in TW or PvP b:shocked

OMG all you want... but in later levels (FACs are late-bloomers), you will not only imagine me in TW or PVP, you will see me in action, if not in game, in screenies :)

So far, I'm doing pretty good: how do you think I made it to lev 80?
    b:cute

Crafting:
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009

What he said and at lvl 1 what are you going to do macro Plume Shot as that being your only attack.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys. Lay off on ExELFine

He/she is obviously playing PW for a solo PVE experience. Because that is the only thing his/her build is good for. Its a shame they wont be able explore the other aspects of the game such as Rebirths, TT's, TWs, PvP, or any other squad based gameplay with this miminal build. But to each their own I guess. Lvling to lvl80 on a pure mag cleric is really easy almost as easy as a veno.

But 90+ when solo lvling gets boring and you turn to PVP/TW you will be quick to realize that after lvl89+ other classes just outshines us in terms of DMG. Don't even talk about any skills outside the 3x fb89 skills, they are simply too rare or too expensive. No one fears a pure mag DD cleric. Our attacks just doesnt compare to a wiz, archer, GX bm, nix veno, or even a GX barb with godly HP. Take it from me 3 VIT cleric since lvl1. 8570-9601 buffed magic attack. But our strong heals prove useful in TW. Congrats on lvl80.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    [QUOTE=ExELFine - Heavens Tear;3632791You bet I'm squishy with a mere 1,750 HP, hehe. This is why I shard all my (MAG bonused) equip with high PhysD gems. This is also why I HAVE to (long range) kill a mob after stunning him before he can even reach me. Otherwise it's another trip in town. *sigh*

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately high phys is useless without the HP to back it up. b:bye
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Firstly congratz on lvl80! b:cute

I have a question about pure mag build cleric. I just started making one and she's now lvl14. I found that I actually need around 5 spells to kill metal mobs (eg those kukus at dreaming stronghold pardon for the name). Really... that is killing me!b:cry

So I am wondering: how many spells/attacks do pure mag build clerics usually need to kill wood mob? Because getting hit is very very painful >.< Yes... playing as a veno has spoiled me very much. I have not used a single HP pot for a long time... Kinda not used to getting hit on my cleric I guess lol
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys. Lay off on ExELFine

He/she is obviously playing PW for a solo PVE experience. Because that is the only thing his/her build is good for. Its a shame they wont be able explore the other aspects of the game such as Rebirths, TT's, TWs, PvP, or any other squad based gameplay with this miminal build. But to each their own I guess. Lvling to lvl80 on a pure mag cleric is really easy almost as easy as a veno.

But 90+ when solo lvling gets boring and you turn to PVP/TW you will be quick to realize that after lvl89+ other classes just outshines us in terms of DMG. Don't even talk about any skills outside the 3x fb89 skills, they are simply too rare or too expensive. No one fears a pure mag DD cleric. Our attacks just doesnt compare to a wiz, archer, GX bm, nix veno, or even a GX barb with godly HP. Take it from me 3 VIT cleric since lvl1. 8570-9601 buffed magic attack. But our strong heals prove useful in TW. Congrats on lvl80.

Cleric survivability >> Cleric heal strength in TW
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010