Rising Gold Prices

Comments

• RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I never said they should stop entirely.

But a nice week or two break to let gold prices cool down a bit in game would be prudent.

I have always stuck up for PWI, and I am fully aware that PWE is a corporation that needs to make their profit. I understand that, and do not deny it one bit. I know that recently, they have seen their biggest profit ever in the history of the company. I watch the stock market, and PWE is listed as a favorite on my Stock Watch.

I am also fully aware that people should stop buying gold at inflated prices, and that if they do so, they will help ease the prices down in game. I dont buy gold in AH, I buy zen. I am one of the paying customers, and yes, I think I have earned every right to post on here that I wish the PWI team would just give it a rest for a few weeks.

But you know.....paying customer's thoughts and opinions dont matter. Its Corporate Law in America.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes, they do. Lots of players spend real money just to sell it in the game. If there is no one to buy those items, they won't be spending all that extra money, making PWE lose money.

That's not a issue, cash shop user can now spend 5g buy the hammer and open the coins box to get 1m in game coins, there is no need to sell CS items in game to get coins.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    That's not a issue, cash shop user can now spend 5g buy the hammer and open the coins box to get 1m in game coins, there is no need to sell CS items in game to get coins.

Thats IF you complete cube or Rebirth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I am also fully aware that people should stop buying gold at inflated prices, and that if they do so, they will help ease the prices down in game.
    No, it will just increase my profits, because I'll buy the Gold at the lower price and drive it right back up again, as will all my friends and family who are playing the game.

Lower Gold prices just means somebody somewhere keeps X amount of coin away from some other player who's selling it. In my opinion, anybody willing to fork over real-life cash is the player most deserving of said X amount of coin. That's why I'm happy to pay high Gold prices. I get the Gold I need to continue making the insane Jolly Jones profits, while somebody somewhere gets a tangible reward that says, "Thank you for supporting this game!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • swgs
    edited August 2009
    No, it will just increase my profits, because I'll buy the Gold at the lower price and drive it right back up again, as will all my friends and family who are playing the game.

Lower Gold prices just means somebody somewhere keeps X amount of coin away from some other player who's selling it. In my opinion, anybody willing to fork over real-life cash is the player most deserving of said X amount of coin. That's why I'm happy to pay high Gold prices. I get the Gold I need to continue making the insane Jolly Jones profits, while somebody somewhere gets a tangible reward that says, "Thank you for supporting this game!"

that's exactly right, the gold price is not going down until JJ event ends, and I do not expect we will ever see gold go below 160k/170k again. high gold price is here to stay. I will still play this game, I am very much like this game, but no more PVP, no more lunar and frostcovered, since they are going be super expensive. trying to figure out what I can do in game from now on. b:cry
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The PWI team is doing nothing but getting greedy, its been said before, and it continues to show stronger now than ever before.

From my perspective, they're being over generous and pissing off the people that actually work their way through the game. Look at how cheap beautiful shards are right now, or how cheap you can get a misty forest ring, or steppenwolf lord's cape. That all contributes to people having more coin on hand while pissing off the people that acquired these items before the tampering. So what if some cash shop items cost more now? They're not needed, and older mounts aren't going up in price.

Greed is you guys QQ'ing about prices on a game you CAN play very well for free.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Good luck playing as a cleric for free after 70. I mean sure you can grind all you want, but if you want to do RB or TT you better have a charm for BB. World Bosses? BB. Zhenning?? You guessed it. BB. And when you do charm, you get it ****. MP charms ticking at 75%?? Thanks GMs. Wouldn't want us to pot to help save the charm some. That would mean we'd have to buy less of them. Or wouldn't want BB to not be considered attacking so your mp recovery rate doesn't drop and apoth. items help. That would also reduce your revenues. Thanks.

As a cleric if you want to experience all of the aspects that other classes do at your level then you need a charm. Mandatory. You can try and **** around without one, but you won't be able to do the same stuff and after a while grinding and doing WQ all day long will eventually drive you insane with monotony.

So no. You can't really play the game for free. Not the entire game anyways when you get up higher. And especially not if you're a cleric, which by the way is needed for all those things mentioned so you have to have one and you have to have one with a charm so even if you're playing without paying you're dependent on someone who is.

To all who say you can play without paying you're either a veno (Sorry Venos. I love ya, really do), lower level or just plain fooling yourself. Its kind of like watching David Spade without Chris Farley. You try and convince yourself he's just as funny alone, but you know deep down inside at places you don't talk about at parties he's NOT!

But hey I use the cash shop so that means you're coming to me for charms. Guess what. I think I need a bit more profit. I mean with everyone wanting them why not. Some people WILL pay more. The demand is there. Gold Charms now on Sale. 700k. Come get 'em.

Or maybe I won't be such a d-bag. b:victory
  • tweakz
    edited August 2009
    I mean sure you can grind all you want, but if you want to do RB or TT you better have a charm for BB.

Pots
    Zhenning??

That's not exactly playing now is it? It's a cash shopper's way to keep up with the people that play 14+ hours a day and would leave you with a horrible coin to xp ratio even if gold charms were back down in price. It's not even really that good for xp, and also screws you on rep.
    doing WQ all day long will eventually drive you insane with monotony.

I have yet to see someone say that WQ isn't boring. If it's boring, why do it? It screws your coin to xp ratio.
    So no. You can't really play the game for free.

Yes, you're problem is that you're not really playing the game: you're just putting time in to level. BB'ing is hardly playing. WQ is boring - not playing. CS is boring, and expensive - not playing. All these cost you more than the increase in price of charms. Imagine if your boring time was instead spent on harvesting herbs and mats, buying and selling, grinding.
    And especially not if you're a cleric, which by the way is needed for all those things mentioned so you have to have one and you have to have one with a charm so even if you're playing without paying you're dependent on someone who is.

Only actually need clerics for last two bosses in fb69, Wurlord and other obscure bosses. Not sure about RB.
    To all who say you can play without paying you're either a veno (Sorry Venos. I love ya, really do), lower level or just plain fooling yourself.

I have a level 82 wizard also, so I'm qualified to disagree.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are ways to take advantage of the situations.

Is JJ event sending gold prices through the roof? Absolutely.

But I can get a Beatiful Garnet shard for 85k, which usually costs at least 220k.

So I plan on buying as many as I can and then when prices go up, resell them.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I love how you say that something like BB isn't playing (although it's required for some bosses), but that harvesting mats is playing. Flying around and picking plants is playing. Cracks me up. How exciting is that? Not very I'd dare say, but who am I to **** in your wheaties if that's what gives you a kick.

I guess it's fair to say that people play for different reasons. However the content is structured such that to do it all you need to use cs items. Charms and guardian angels most specifically. If you're on a PK server then you know why. If you're a cleric or a barb you know why. Never played a wizard so I can't speak for them, but I know plenty on PvP servers who also use charms and if they don't they get hosed eventually. (By PvP servers I have characters on both HL and LC hence my reference to plural)

In any event I never felt the need to use a charm until I started doing TT runs. As a cleric BB is mandatory for the Drum Boss. Can't get around it. Pots are a risky move with BB. I've seen people successfully keep BB going with event pots, but more often then not they loose it before the boss is dead. I've been in a few party wipes where the other cleric said they'd BB and I saw their mp drop showing they don't have a charm then wham! Wipe. Of course now I stare at the other clerics mp in case they are potting and don't use sparks so I can toss up bb if theirs drops. Incidentally I've never had BB drop on me when I have a charm.

With regard to zhenning. I'll agree 100% with you. I won't zhen because all it does is supplement other players with exp while it drains my charm. No thanks.

As for my rep I think it's hard to question my tactics so far. While other may certainly have more then I do, at 4200 rep at my current level I think I'm better then most.

To each their own I guess. If you're happy doing what you do then I can't really question it. It's what each person takes from a game that makes or breaks their experience. I know though as a cleric you're screwed without a charm for the tasks you want/need to do and for PvP on a PvP server.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    People openly admitted to being greedy as hell, and are trying to drive up prices even furthur in the name of greed. This is against what most players want if you greedy morons would read.

It will be impossible for this game to stay running if PWE continues to let people like you exist. You just jump from game to game, killing them off one by one. You don't care if one dies, you just go to another and do the same thing. This game is on the fast track to its own end at this point because of people like you.

Thankfully, I have other mmos lined up already for when this one dies out because of player greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    edited August 2009
    People openly admitted to being greedy as hell, and are trying to drive up prices even furthur in the name of greed. This is against what most players want if you greedy morons would read.

It will be impossible for this game to stay running if PWE continues to let people like you exist. You just jump from game to game, killing them off one by one. You don't care if one dies, you just go to another and do the same thing. This game is on the fast track to its own end at this point because of people like you.

Thankfully, I have other mmos lined up already for when this one dies out because of player greed.

You're the most openly greediest poster I've come across here. People tend to nitpick in others faults they have in themselves (when you point the finger, 4 are pointed back). You want people to sell for less than what they can get for YOU. You want people to not take advantage of low prices so YOU can. Merchanting is an integral part of the game. You want others to purposely fail at that part so YOU can succeed. Do you want to work for what you got? -No: you want others to give you or you'll call them greedy.

I have no problems with the rising gold prices. Maybe it will drive away the greedy people who think low gold prices are necessary to enjoy this game. The greedy people who haven't put a single RL dollar into the game and expect everything in return.

I have my own issues with them changing NPC prices, but that's another story.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Zoe, there are two halves to every transaction. For every person who sells gold, there is someone who buys gold. So people selling it are being greedy by trying to drive up prices. People buying it are being greedy by trying to drive down prices.

So everything you say about the sellers applies equally to the buyers. It's called a free market.
  • Fantazian - Dreamweaver
    Fantazian - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    GREAT, i just got to level 50.
    Now i need a hammer.

BUT IT WILL COST ME 1.2m ALMOST ON DREAMWEAVER.

ty, i need to grind for one week just to open the box, then i dont need the weapon anymore.
    Jippi, im so happy any this freaking gold prices.

That was my flame, now i feel good again.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The weapon is a nice bonus, but the real reason to open the box is so that you can get all the rewards from lvl 55-75. There's 40 mysterious chips, a flawless shard, and other goodies.

If you can get the hammer at 50, you get a nice weapon for 10 levels. But even if you can't, save up and open the boxes when you get the chance, and you'll still get nice stuff.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Its 5 dollars. Really that's not that much money. Get a prepaid card for 10..or heck 20 dollars. Buy the hammer, get a charm pack and start grinding..Heck you could sell the gold instead if you wanted. b:chuckleb:laugh
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Its 5 dollars. Really that's not that much money. Get a prepaid card for 10..or heck 20 dollars. Buy the hammer, get a charm pack and start grinding..Heck you could sell the gold instead if you wanted. b:chuckleb:laugh

I don't think they're on sale anymore...are they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Its 5 dollars. Really that's not that much money.
    Maybe not to you. Some of us are on a gaming budget of $0. And yet, I do fine for coins. I'm just glad Jolly Jones is back and printing more money. He's like a broken ATM!

Aside: woo hoo, more furlough days. :(
    At least PWi will give me something to do. xD
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the problem is:

this is a F2P MMO and when u are at high level to be at least decent compared to other players u need golds and u end up by using more real life cash than in a P2P

and that is bad

but yeah I got this far without using golds at all... (but I bought and used so many CS items that I don't wanna imagine how much it would have costs if I bought all of them with my own euros) but it requires to stay at the computer 24/24h and sometimes it's still not enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    edited August 2009
    the problem is:

this is a F2P MMO and when u are at high level to be at least decent compared to other players u need golds and u end up by using more real life cash than in a P2P

and that is bad

but yeah I got this far without using golds at all... (but I bought and used so many CS items that I don't wanna imagine how much it would have costs if I bought all of them with my own euros) but it requires to stay at the computer 24/24h and sometimes it's still not enough

High gold price hurt higher level non cash spending players the most, and those players are whom spend a lots of time in game.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    GREAT, i just got to level 50.
    Now i need a hammer.

BUT IT WILL COST ME 1.2m ALMOST ON DREAMWEAVER.

ty, i need to grind for one week just to open the box, then i dont need the weapon anymore.
    Jippi, im so happy any this freaking gold prices.

That was my flame, now i feel good again.

Use real life money.. the price for the hammer has not changed, it is still 5 gold. If you choose to not use real life money, than grind and stop complaining.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    I don't think they're on sale anymore...are they?

According to the announcements the sales end as follows:

The following Charm Packs will be avaliable starting July 29th at 1:00am PST and ending on August 12th during maintenance!

Jolly Old Jones:

Jolly Old Jones is back in that Jolly mood again! He'll be in town until August 11th! Players will have a chance to exchange coins or Guardian Angels to Jolly Old Jones for one of two things:

So the answer is yes the "should" still be on sale.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    High gold price hurt higher level non cash spending players the most, and those players are whom spend a lots of time in game.

They can grind, or accept that they will be second class because they choose to not spend cash. It is a fact of life....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The problem is, of course you people are too freaking greedy to realize it, all you care about is getting rich.

1: Prices go up based on greed.

2: Old players quit the game due to prices

3: New players come to the game, see the prices, and leave.

4: Old players leave, new players don't show up, game dies.

Reselling kills games. I've been playing mmos other than this one. So far, they have all already died out because of player greed. JD just came out and it won't last long, PWI is falling apart already.

If PWE wants to keep running their games, they need to get it through their heads that greed itself needs to be bannable. They also need to start actually enforcing their ToS for once. I can do pretty much whatever I want and I won't get banned. I see evidence to support that DAILY.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    new players zoe ? I don't see level 30-60 at archosaur anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    They also need to start actually enforcing their ToS for once. I can do pretty much whatever I want and I won't get banned. I see evidence to support that DAILY.

Actually that's not true. You cannot continue to make posts such as your last one otherwise the ToS will definitely be enforced upon your forum and possibly game account. This is your warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    The problem is, of course you people are too freaking greedy to realize it, all you care about is getting rich.

Reselling kills games. I've been playing mmos other than this one. So far, they have all already died out because of player greed. JD just came out and it won't last long, PWI is falling apart already.

If PWE wants to keep running their games, they need to get it through their heads that greed itself needs to be bannable. They also need to start actually enforcing their ToS for once. I can do pretty much whatever I want and I won't get banned. I see evidence to support that DAILY.

1. I agree that prices are based on greed from the buyers. The sellers just match their prices to what people are willing to pay.

2. If a player leaves because of prices, than he was doing something very wrong.... High level players also have high level wallets... which tend to hold more money. In fact they are the ones that mess up the economy more than anyone else. Do you really think that ultimate subs went up because level 60 players wanted to pay more or because all those level 90+ are more than happy to still pay 70k for them so they do not have to go mat farming?

3. New players come into game, see prices, and since they have no reference point, just grind or use cash. Everything is relative....

4. Old players leave, new players will always come in. Remember, PW shows up as one of the most popular F2P MMO in the world (mostly due to the insane numbers of people that play in asia), so new players will always want to try it. Every game has people complaining about prices in the forums, so, if they did their homework and look at boards, they will see exactly the same complain in all games.. The only games where you do not see people complaining about prices are the ones where all items are free (like some FPS), even in games where you have to buy from NPCs, people will still complain about prices...

How would you define greed? According to Franciscan priests, you only need the clothes on your back, and anything more than that is greed. Where do you draw the line?
    edited August 2009

Hmm...

1.) Prices go up because of Supply and demand
    2.) Using definitives in an answer is not always good. Some old players may quit. And that's their choice.
    3.) New players come and go for many different reasons. Some even stay.
    4.) People will still be around.

Now i do agree that Gold prices are at market high's yes. But people are still buying. They will not fall until one of two things happen.

1.) People stop buying gold with coins. This will force gold sellers to lower the cost. This would be the best way to go about things. Everyone would have to work together and only put in bids to buy at a low cost of coinage.

2.) PWI doesn't have a sale for a week or two. No release of new mounts/fashion etc....this is a short term result. Because as soon as a new sale and releases happen Gold will naturally go up because of demand.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The charm packs, the weekend sales and the jolly jones event is actually the worse thing you can do at this point, the gold prices are already going up because more people know that they will make loads of money just selling the gold for a rare mount or for the pet packs because every veno wants a nix or herc.

Charm packs make the price of gold go up because everyone needs charms to run TTs or zhen so instantly everyone is going to want gold for charms.

The mounts make the prices of gold go up because they promote them as being rare, people see the word rare and instantly want it so they either buy gold using real cash or buy it in game and gold sellers notice the gold being bought quick and charge higher.

Best thing for PWI to do would be have 1 charm pack sale per month maybe per 2 months to let things calm down and just keep the rare stuff to events that way an uproar in gold prices and complaints will settle down and if people dont get the mount that they want then they should just enter events and have fun doing them.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Jolly Jones event is a net coin injection into the economy no matter how you look at it.

I think I disagree with your "no matter how" quip. For example, I expect lots of people wind up buying new skills after Jolly Jones events. And I imagine I could think of some other, analogous, issues if I cared.
This discussion has been closed.