Rising Gold Prices

Options

Comments

• Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Like Fiona said higher gold prices will probably stay high as long as the gold chests are around. This isn't just because of cube, people can get these in rebirth as their reward (2 of them in gamma and 3 in delta, not sure about the ones before). For those near lvl 80, you all know that rb gamma is one of the popular things people do to get exp. Once this Jolly jones event is over, expect gold prices to stay relatively high because of the gold chests... This was probably the most brilliant money grubbing scheme pwi ever thought of...but also the worst thing for players who don't have overflowing real cash to spend on this game. Well not that I can complain much...I won't be playing much at all now that school is beginning. b:bye
  • Elyl - Heavens Tear
    Elyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I was searching through games looking for one to play while taking a break from my main game... and i found this one.. I already love it, what I don't love is the seeming greed. PW if you want to continue to make money and have a long life for your game... think about the new players. a too expensive game is just as bad as one that's been **** to bits. the the difference in char power be in skill and not in a players ability to buy his/her way into heaven.

Im stickin' with you for the time being because I love your game and never give up, but if this game dies due to reasons such as this, I will never purchase a thing from your company or its subsidiaries again.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just a thought, and I know this might get taken in a horribly wrong way, so I'll keep it as nice as possible.

We're Players. We have no way of actually knowing whether such a statement is a false accusation or not. All we've seen is a massive dump of Cash-Related content. In Real Life, such an event would be seen in businesses as well, but most of the time you only see such an enormous quantity of sales during what would be a "Going Out Of Business Sale". Your players are panicking because we're seeing signs of this in our game. It seems like the higher ups are panicking, and frankly, it scares the **** out of us. We're extremely concerned, and while some of us aren't careful about mincing words, the fact remains that we're kinda confused here. It's like you're looking at us from one way glass, like the kind people use to watch test subjects. We're being experimented on, and only the people on the other side have any idea what's going to happen next. How are we supposed to react? There's mass panic. Things are not getting better because of Jones, and the Chests in TT and Rebirth. They are getting worse, as people dump cash into the game to avoid the coin costs. When you can pop open a chest for 5 dollars that dumps in 1million coins into the economy, or spend 3 dollars for 10 shots at Jolly Old Jones, we're not seeing how either of these things are supposed to balance out the economy. We're looking for some clarifications here, that's all. Clarifications, and some acknowledgment that what we're saying is actually being heard by the higher ups, not ignored while they drain us of our money.

^^This.

Spoons, I think you're a great mod, and having been a mod, I know you're bound by your contract and can't tell us ****, really.

But please don't penalize people for speculating, then. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just a thought, and I know this might get taken in a horribly wrong way, so I'll keep it as nice as possible.

We're Players. We have no way of actually knowing whether such a statement is a false accusation or not. All we've seen is a massive dump of Cash-Related content. In Real Life, such an event would be seen in businesses as well, but most of the time you only see such an enormous quantity of sales during what would be a "Going Out Of Business Sale". Your players are panicking because we're seeing signs of this in our game. It seems like the higher ups are panicking, and frankly, it scares the **** out of us. We're extremely concerned, and while some of us aren't careful about mincing words, the fact remains that we're kinda confused here. It's like you're looking at us from one way glass, like the kind people use to watch test subjects. We're being experimented on, and only the people on the other side have any idea what's going to happen next. How are we supposed to react? There's mass panic. Things are not getting better because of Jones, and the Chests in TT and Rebirth. They are getting worse, as people dump cash into the game to avoid the coin costs. When you can pop open a chest for 5 dollars that dumps in 1million coins into the economy, or spend 3 dollars for 10 shots at Jolly Old Jones, we're not seeing how either of these things are supposed to balance out the economy. We're looking for some clarifications here, that's all. Clarifications, and some acknowledgment that what we're saying is actually being heard by the higher ups, not ignored while they drain us of our money.

quoted for teh truths
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Summer is ending, school is starting soon. Majority of PWI players go to school, they will have less time for the game, less gold will be needed.

In other words this time of the year is to PWI as Christmas is to a toy store.

They are going to have as many things as possible to sell as many things as possible to take advantage of the time of year.

In a few months I believe the sales will recede a little, and the gold prices will fall the their previous levels.

And if not then well, I will find a new game.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hope you are right.Gold ranged from 220k-240k last time i checked AH a few hours ago.It seams the events were a failure if they were intended to drain gold prices.If they weren't intended to do that a succes.I tend to believe the second since by a miracle new fashio materialized in the cashshop.Thank you PWI i was just wondering what to spend my money on.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I already love it, what I don't love is the seeming greed. PW if you want to continue to make money and have a long life for your game... think about the new players. a too expensive game is just as bad as one that's been **** to bits. the the difference in char power be in skill and not in a players ability to buy his/her way into heaven.
    Don't believe the hype. This thread is filled with doom-sayers, but the reality is that this game is dirt cheap.

I spent $40 on this game when I first started playing and it got me and my girlfriend Inventory Stones, Gold HP Charms, and some starter clothes. We were having fun, so I figured the money was well spent.

After that I haven't spent a dime, and my character is now filthy filthy rich. I figure for almost a year's play $40 is a darn reasonable price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    $40 will get you a new mount.

Besides for some of us $40 is a lot to ask for and our only means of obtaining gold is through in game money.

I mean I'm 18, working for $7.50/hr, attending college in a month, and I have a GF.

I wish I had $40 to spend on ANYTHING for myself.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well... is Jolly Jones over now, I wonder?

I know I'll be making a thread or two on the subject if we don't see results soon... -_- who's with me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The jolly even will end nest week.Anybody saw the new things the maint will bring?New sales were really needed?I don't mind them and sockets i actually need but with this gold prices i'll be happy to skip all this great sales.Only if they would've been made with a long time btwn.Well hope the ppl and dev/gm will learn the lesson after this months epic fails on cash shop administration of sales.
  • VenoXI - Dreamweaver
    VenoXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well... is Jolly Jones over now, I wonder?

I know I'll be making a thread or two on the subject if we don't see results soon... -_- who's with me?

meee!!! lmao.

But yea, the gold price is kinda outta whack, even with all the events up and running. Its nice to have variety in the game, but the gold is kinda crazed up atm. and STILL!!! Fashion and stuff is usual prices, like i see fash at 300k, as if the gold was 100-120k each. im happy about that!! cmon Dreamweaver? who's with me?
    In the world there are four elements. Earth, Fire, Air, Water. If one were to control all four, there would be chaos, and if there is chaos, the Rise of Oblivion begins.

*grabs a staff* C'MON GUYS!!! LETS ROCK THIS JOINT!!! b:angry
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not...joking.
    The fashion's price on market may be low(not low enough since it's wortless)but try to buy dragon orbs or socket stones.You need thousands socket stones for rank 10 and 11 gear.Haven't checked the latelly but they were selling for 15k x 1000 it's a ton of money for an extra socket.even more with dragon orbs since i haven't seen any under 40k.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lv 75 veno here, to this day I have honestly never used a hp/mp charm, a GA or had any need to buy gold from AH at all. if theres something I want then I grind for it. Its gotten me this far.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    $40 will get you a new mount.

Besides for some of us $40 is a lot to ask for and our only means of obtaining gold is through in game money.

I mean I'm 18, working for $7.50/hr, attending college in a month, and I have a GF.

I wish I had $40 to spend on ANYTHING for myself.

i think what he meant is that he just played the market to gain ingame coins afterwards. so RL money isn't really necessary
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yea gold price is rather high atm .... but what can we do.. qq more b:cry, i KNOW!! how about play 1-2hrs a week less and work 1-2 hrs extra a week maybe u can use the money u worked to buy gold!! getting tanned using you monitor is not really healthy
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • yerkhangy
    yerkhangy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    reason why gold price are so high is that all the events that are going on cuz the gm's know that **** is launching in a month and everyone is going to quit perfectworld and go play ****...so all these events are for them to make as much money as they can before eveyone quits
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yerkhangy wrote: »
    reason why gold price are so high is that all the events that are going on cuz the gm's know that **** is launching in a month and everyone is going to quit perfectworld and go play ****...so all these events are for them to make as much money as they can before eveyone quits

Right.... you keep thinking that.
    Belligero
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    how about play 1-2hrs a week less and work 1-2 hrs extra a week maybe u can use the money u worked to buy gold!! getting tanned using you monitor is not really healthy

LOL says the level 100b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Gold prices are going up and staying up at least for a while and I doubt it will ever come down to 120-140K levels again.

The Jolly Jones event is a net coin injection into the economy no matter how you look at it. It will only really start draining if Gold goes over 330K and it becomes cheaper to pay 100K coin than buy angels. So I think it is an insult to our intelligence for GMs to say it drains coins from the system.

That being said I like the JJ event. I don't know why everyone is complaining about the high Gold prices. Just get used to it. It is no different from inflation in real life and since when have we ever seen any deflation.

People brag about not spending any cash. Well I really don't think it is anything to brag about because it is the same a saying "I',m a leecher". Those are the same people that are causing Gold to skyrocket because the few people that do spend cash have to support the gaming of those that don't.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL says the level 100b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

egae has been playing this for a year. shes not a PW addict, i know for a fact, she has lots of stuff going on irl.

hitting level 100 is easy. very very easy

90-100 all you do is rebirth
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    On topic; the chest thing rfom cube is ****. now more people will quit cuz of the new charm price.. what? 750k each?b:shutup
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it's all about work smart not work hard XD isnt that right sticky b:kiss

i was 1st lot of ppl zhened on the sever and 1st lot ppl rebirthed
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People brag about not spending any cash. Well I really don't think it is anything to brag about because it is the same a saying "I',m a leecher". Those are the same people that are causing Gold to skyrocket because the few people that do spend cash have to support the gaming of those that don't.

I agree that the game has to generate money some how to continue existing.
    I dont agree that anyone who chooses to play what is classified as a f2p game to be a "leech" since it is free to play. Those who choose to pay can feel superior if they want for keeping it in business but dont scold others who are not obligated to do the same. The money has to come from somewhere but in general it is free to play. Alot of ppl who have kids and real life responsibilities play these types of games due to it being free to play.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Too funny. Most of the comments have been how the GMs creating news sales and new releases every week creates a fervor of demand and causes gold prices to jump and stay elevated. (Simple economics explained over and over again)

The GMs respond that they are only doing it for us and are working hard to reduce gold prices. They pay very close attention to it. Study it. Watch it. All to help make sure the economy stays stable. We call BS on them and once again explain high demand + stable or low supply = high prices. Simple as it gets. One GM is actually honest with us (Spoons thanks) and says they noticed it happen but hadn't expected it.

So now that you had been warned, know what to expect, saw what happened last week with the sales, releases, etc. what do you do again this week? The only thing you know how. Look another sale and by the way here's a new release. You NEED GOLD!!! BUY MORE GOLD!!!!

Spike that demand baby. I love it as a gold seller. Just keep those prices rising and make me rich. Or maybe as a gold seller who is concerned about the direction the economy is going maybe I'm worried about this and want you to stop.

Also funny that after they do this ridiculous move that flies in the face of everything we have talked about and posted for the last week, they removed this thread from "sticky" status. Hmmmm.....blew up on you did it? Tried to make a BS "we're doing it for you statement" that no one believed and now you'd just like this whole thing to fade away, everyone to forget about it and keep buying gold. Nice.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I was wondering if server could actually enter a recession. When prices are to high. And people can't make enough coin to do whats needed. Consumers make up 100% of PWI income. As far as I know. No adds on the website. So this is just my assumption.

Anyways you might all find this to be a good read. Just think about in PW terms.

Its possible a PWI recession could happen. Who knows......

The gross domestic product (GDP) is one the primary indicators used to gauge the health of a country's economy. It represents the total dollar value of all goods and services produced over a specific time period - you can think of it as the size of the economy. Usually, GDP is expressed as a comparison to the previous quarter or year. For example, if the year-to-year GDP is up 3%, this is thought to mean that the economy has grown by 3% over the last year.

Measuring GDP is complicated (which is why we leave it to the economists), but at its most basic, the calculation can be done in one of two ways: either by adding up what everyone earned in a year (income approach), or by adding up what everyone spent (expenditure method). Logically, both measures should arrive at roughly the same total.

The income approach, which is sometimes referred to as GDP(I), is calculated by adding up total compensation to employees, gross profits for incorporated and non incorporated firms, and taxes less any subsidies. The expenditure method is the more common approach and is calculated by adding total consumption, investment, government spending and net exports.

As one can imagine, economic production and growth, what GDP represents, has a large impact on nearly everyone within that economy. For example, when the economy is healthy, you will typically see low unemployment and wage increases as businesses demand labor to meet the growing economy. A significant change in GDP, whether up or down, usually has a significant effect on the stock market. It's not hard to understand why: a bad economy usually means lower profits for companies, which in turn means lower stock prices. Investors really worry about negative GDP growth, which is one of the factors economists use to determine whether an economy is in a recession.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    More sales huh?

You guys just dont know when to stop....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The simple truth of the matter is that the GMs and PWE want to make money. When they release a sale and the Boutique Shoppers buy it up, they are showing PWE that there is money to be made. Those that buy the items are obviously happy with the sale.

Their paying customers are paying.

They will continue to make sales.
    *Shrug*
    Go to Target or 7-11
    Make use of the sale.
    There isn't much else we can do because honestly the GMs don't have any reason to care. PWE does not lose money when non-paying players leave.
    We'll just see where it goes from here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Unhappy with prices? Not if you're still buying. lol The game can be played without the cash shop.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The simple truth of the matter is that the GMs and PWE want to make money. When they release a sale and the Boutique Shoppers buy it up, they are showing PWE that there is money to be made. Those that buy the items are obviously happy with the sale.

Their paying customers are paying.

They will continue to make sales.
    *Shrug*
    Go to Target or 7-11
    Make use of the sale.
    There isn't much else we can do because honestly the GMs don't have any reason to care. PWE does not lose money when non-paying players leave.
    We'll just see where it goes from here.

With sale after sale after sale after sale after sale....their paying customers are broke.

The paying gamers of PWI only earn so much income. The PWI team is doing nothing but getting greedy, its been said before, and it continues to show stronger now than ever before.

Just make this a P2P game and get it over with already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PWE does not lose money when non-paying players leave.

Yes, they do. Lots of players spend real money just to sell it in the game. If there is no one to buy those items, they won't be spending all that extra money, making PWE lose money.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
This discussion has been closed.