EVENT: PWI Wiki Kickoff Contest!(no more submissions)

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol I find it funny that the Veno intro doesn't mention anything about pets :P

Make it better! b:cry Seriously though, a lot of those intros were stubs that I stuck in there to start pages off. In the true spirit of the wiki, if you see a spot where information is lacking, feel free to add to it. All it's going to do is help more people, the more people that contribute will mean the better the information gets. Did I mention? I think Wikis are awesome!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It is going to be rather fun to include evey single quest fo this wiki and fb.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mieze - Lost City
    Mieze - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Closing the wiki page before I sit here all night. b:surrender
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It is going to be rather fun to include evey single quest fo this wiki and fb.
    By fun you mean OMGWTHBBQtedious?
    Closing the wiki page before I sit here all night. b:surrender

Haha yeah, I had to do that yesterday
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wiki = bad for man with OCD
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wiki = bad for man with OCD

Don't wear yourself out! Information is addicting but make sure to give yourself a cut-off point.

I can see it now to trump the other MMO story

BREAKING NEWS: Player dies of exhaustion, not in game, but contributing to the game Wiki!

The next day there's a witch hunt for the creators of wikipedia b:shocked

OK that may be an exaggeration, sorry.
  • Leonon - Sanctuary
    Leonon - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Don't worry we wouldn't hunt you down with pitchforks Spoons......we will hunts you with pitchspoons and eat all your cookies with...spoonsb:victory
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Don't worry we wouldn't hunt you down with pitchforks Spoons......we will hunts you with pitchspoons and eat all your cookies with...spoonsb:victory

Nice tie in! I C wat you did thar
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wiki PWI would be something fun to look at while World Questing lol. If I'm not reading something while world questing, I fall sleep in my chair.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    there could be, we have class guide sections

This is where to look regarding creating pages

you have to post it in the wiki, or else it wouldn't be a wiki contest
    Wait so what your saying is there could be like 50 diff. guides all clumped on one wiki barb/cleric/wiz/archer/veno page??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Venomancer_Skill_List#Introduction first page done! b:victory (though she needs some housekeeping ): )
    lol just because i feel like bragging :P
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    5 hours straight making the guide and still lots to go x_x
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmm maybe i should work on the veno one too o:.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol just because i feel like bragging :P
    I already see a biased sentense in there that an official PWI wiki wouldnt have =O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    Options
    and what would that be?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Working on the mount one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Archer_Skill_List
    after a few hours, heres another lol.

EDIT: does anyone know how to get breaks inbetween each skill so it doesnt look so mashed?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

EDIT: does anyone know how to get breaks inbetween each skill so it doesnt look so mashed?

Try using lists: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Sample_Guide

They work pretty nice for that.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    NVM i got it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

So it looks something like this? I edited it for yah, you can delete it if this wasn't what yah wanted. ^___^

Can anyone give me some feedback on my cube faq? O.o, I'm still editing still, but it looks like pwi vomited colors on my page.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    check this out b:laugh i just finished it i worked on it last night and ALL of today.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Cleric_Skills#Cleric_skills_list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So it looks something like this? I edited it for yah, you can delete it if this wasn't what yah wanted. ^___^

Can anyone give me some feedback on my cube faq? O.o, I'm still editing still, but it looks like pwi vomited colors on my page.
    thats pretty good, the stupid button said USE SPARINGLY so i was idk.
    check this out i just finished it i worked on it last night and ALL of today.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/ind...ic_skills_list

is it smarter to use level 1 over level 10? other than that its good.

-level 90 OHT daily lol:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Monster_of_Xenoworld
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    check this 1 jsut finshed a while ago plz give me feedback so i can improve it
    btw TY tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    can i add to genie skills?i cant seem to though.i was gonna add the skill list

i was also wondering if i can add my combo guide in there and where would it go?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Just finished my Wizard skill list, going to finish off the Bladmaster one the same also the Barb one
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    is it smarter to use level 1 over level 10? other than that its good.

Is it wise to put so much info on the skill list, you can always link the guides once they are done as they will give you a more build specified skill list

**** sorry for the double post x.x
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think I might have something worth posting to the wiki. Not a guide, thus not a contest entry, and work in progress.

It's a crafting reference. It includes recipes, base stats and requirements for all items which can be crafted, all on one page. Currently includes info on lv.1-3 apoth pots, all armor and magic weapons with required level up to 40 and ornaments up to 48. And I don't have to type in all recipes manually, because formatting and abbrev. expansion is done with a perl script which converts lines such as

Heavy Plate|Golden Crest of the Rose|20|30|=hc=, =oj=, =hr=|pdef +272, elem.res +115, str 52, dex 14

into

Type: Heavy Plate
    Name: Golden Crest of the Rose
    Useful for levels: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Recipe: High-Carbon Steel, Orange Jade, Hard Rim Muslin [2 Silk Thread, 2 Coal, 2 Purified Oil]
    Description: pdef +272, elem.res +115, str 52, dex 14

Why does it expand "20|30" into "20 21 ..."? Because it can be useful if your browser supports "highlight all" feature: type in your level, scroll around, and you'll see how soon you'll be looking for replacement for your current equipment.

I'm too lazy to type in all the weapons I don't need, and since it's a draft, it's currently available only on our guild forums. But with a wiki (which everyone can edit) this can be completed quite quickly and turn into a resource useful for everyone. Should I post it? If yes -- now or later, and to which category?
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Dravik - Heavens Tear
    Dravik - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    People rly should use proper grammar and not too much in game slang. b:shocked yes i kno, but wikis shuld be organized and such. Take the Cube of Fate page for example. Great page, well thought out and great deal of effort went into it obviously. But, there is way to much opinion and slang. Take the article on room 9 for example...."For clerics: (I play a cleric)"...."Cast 4 IH's".... this is all fine and dandy, but what about the ppl who dont play clerics? What about the new players who dont know what IH is? Im not flamin the person who made it b:surrender, but I think the current page should be considered a guide as far a dealing with the cube..... there should be a completely different proper page tht explains what the cube is.
    b:lipcurl
    This is how all pages should be.... Using proper grammar with links to other pages in the site refering to anything else in game.(i.e. IH should be the proper spelling of the skill and contain a link to the skill page it is on.) Plz try to leave opinion out ppl.... thts what "my talk" pages are for :/....

An example of a great page is the BM skills list page..... to whoever made tht.... Bravo.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol if you dont like it, edit it
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well I just copy and paste my Cube Faq that I wrote on my faction forum, I wrote it intended for my faction members to read, not really for wiki. However I do agree that wiki should be more formal, but hey what do you expect things written from fellow players XD.

But as for room 9 as your example, I did include other strategies for other classes. And hopefully anyone who has played a cleric should know what IH, if not... Then wow. XD

But I'll edit it so that its more "formal", time for me to spend more hours on that cube page.