EVENT: PWI Wiki Kickoff Contest!(no more submissions)

Comments

• Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People rly should use proper grammar and not too much in game slang. b:shocked yes i kno, but wikis shuld be organized and such. Take the Cube of Fate page for example. Great page, well thought out and great deal of effort went into it obviously. But, there is way to much opinion and slang. Take the article on room 9 for example...."For clerics: (I play a cleric)"...."Cast 4 IH's".... this is all fine and dandy, but what about the ppl who dont play clerics? What about the new players who dont know what IH is? Im not flamin the person who made it b:surrender, but I think the current page should be considered a guide as far a dealing with the cube..... there should be a completely different proper page tht explains what the cube is.
    b:lipcurl
    This is how all pages should be.... Using proper grammar with links to other pages in the site refering to anything else in game.(i.e. IH should be the proper spelling of the skill and contain a link to the skill page it is on.) Plz try to leave opinion out ppl.... thts what "my talk" pages are for :/....

An example of a great page is the BM skills list page..... to whoever made tht.... Bravo.

I agree, its not meant to be personnal, the info is meant to be what it is info just plain facts.

Example for the Cube of Fate info, I think it should be a case of what the room is about and what you the aim is, I.E (Not a proper room)

Room 9
    Count the Apples

In this room there is three different colour, moving, floating orbs. In this room you have to count the the orbs the npc asks you to count to progress.

Any hints and tip/help should really be in a guide and linked to on the info side

Also the Blademaster Skills list was done by me, I'll be making it look like the Wizard one soon, just finishing off the Barb one atm. Nice to have feedback thank you
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In the wiki for class guides, there are three sections "Wizard Guides" "Wizard Common Stat Builds" and "Wizard Skills".

What if I were to put all three into one guide? Or should I make three different guides and put them into the corresponding location?

haiz might beat me QQ
    but im going to try b:victory

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Wizard_Guides
    there is mine :3
    not done yet its 5 AM here atm -.-
    nn all
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I might, but for now I'm just slowly building up on it and seeing how things go because there's two weeks until this thing ends. No point in trying to submit first when there's so much time left.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    does Ence still play because i was thinkin he should make quest guides
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've made two pages, human and untamed b:pleased

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Human
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Untamed

What do you guys think? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
    edited July 2009
    does Ence still play because i was thinkin he should make quest guides

Someone has started to edit the hard-to-read quests already posted, I've started to edit those later on to the same style
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've made two pages, human and untamed b:pleased

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Human
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Untamed

What do you guys think? b:thanks

I'm liking it. Liking all the pages I've seen so far
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    about great guides from forum when it will be a contest for these too?b:surrender
    Ive maded something nice too..i think
    here Best Solo Class http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3485202#post3485202
    or here Call to duty:Xenobeast FB 19 simple guide : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3546962
    is it worth it to create the FB19 guide on wiki ?if no its ok ..im glad coz i can help ppl in some way b:byebye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    I might, but for now I'm just slowly building up on it and seeing how things go because there's two weeks until this thing ends. No point in trying to submit first when there's so much time left.

my guide is done, just copy and pasting from word b:cute
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    WOW! Just commenting on how amazing all these contributions are looking. Everyone is doing great work. Remember to post here if you need help or clarification on any wiki functions.

You are all awesome!b:dirty
  • REXYBIGBOY - Heavens Tear
    REXYBIGBOY - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    went through other guides as well.
    seems like most of them are very long.

could use your feedback to shape up my guide.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/ind..._Heavy_Build_)

thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009

Theres some 30x30 Jpeg skill pictures in the Wizard skill list if you wanna use themb:victory
  • Istarwyn - Sanctuary
    Istarwyn - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @Jonnykins linked some detailed wiz skill tables to your page...

only got some done today...hard work those intricate tables lol. Would really like some feedback on those...cause im not really satisfied with the sage demon info on the skills and if the info given is understandable...any ideas, comments,suggestions?

Links to the pages:
    Pyrogram
    Devine Pyrogram
    Gush
    Glacial Snare
    Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Stone Rain
    Fire Mastery
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I've been watching this wiki like a hawk(a hawk I say! A HAWK!), and it's all looking great so far.

For people using tables:

Hey I finally figured out the exact color code to use on our tables, please try to use it to keep our wiki looking tidy:

{| {| style="background:#291a0e"

Make sure to use that as your background when you write the code for the top of your table. Thanks b:victory
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My one (and maybe only) contribution to the wiki:

Bounty Hunter

Feel free to change it later after the NPC is in the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    @Jonnykins linked some detailed wiz skill tables to your page...

only got some done today...hard work those intricate tables lol. Would really like some feedback on those...cause im not really satisfied with the sage demon info on the skills and if the info given is understandable...any ideas, comments,suggestions?

Links to the pages:
    Pyrogram
    Devine Pyrogram
    Gush
    Glacial Snare
    Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Stone Rain
    Fire Mastery

Oh damn, thats some sweet stuffb:victory

Ye I know what you mean with the tables, takes a while to input them all but it looks good, though once you get one done you can copy and paste the table again to make it a little easierb:laugh
    I've been watching this wiki like a hawk(a hawk I say! A HAWK!), and it's all looking great so far.

I wouldn't have thought you was an old Coronation Street watcher (For people who don't know its a soap broadcasted in the UK to watch on TV)
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009

I wouldn't have thought you was an old Coronation Street watcher (For people who don't know its a soap broadcasted in the UK to watch on TV)

Them Brits be lulzy menz
    edited July 2009
    Them Brits be lulzy menz

British TV is the bestb:victory

To make sure its not classed as spam, Barbarian skill list pic timeb:surrender
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    um can we add demonstration videos to the page?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    also i noticed content in the bounty hunter page which should be deleted.

>.> i am just gonna do so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    um can we add demonstration videos to the page?

You can put external links and stuff definitely

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Link

Check the external links section if you want to give the link a text caption.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is going to take me a while b:sad I do not like Wiki coding b:sweat.

Not hard but I have too much to sort out b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009

I was actually pleasantly surprised that it was easier than BBCode
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    thank you spoons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
    edited July 2009

I've never done this before, and I found it really easy to figure out, Spoony's guides help any extra stuff I looked on the wikihelp site
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I've never done this before, and I found it really easy to figure out, Spoony's guides help any extra stuff I looked on the wikihelp site

that site is a massive wealth of information. So much so that I had to make that simple version for people who don't enjoy digging through it.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    great idea! but just one thing.....

***please put up pics of the races as they are ingame, not the concept art!!** talk about giving people an unrealistic idea of what to expect ingame! none of the costumes are ingame, and no one will ever look like that, so why have it?

what about trying this: why not have pics of GMs of the various races (to prevent bickering among players), in standard, reasonable to get gear, perhaps at lv50. that would give people a decent idea of what to expect, at a level that is attainable without too much stress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart