Whats your opinion of clerics?

Comments

• Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok thx

Now I have a picture. There is a difference between about 27 points and 75 points.

BTW does anybody know if this restating to 3 vit and dex still work? I was told that it didn't any more when there was that sale of reset notes. Is it really "fixed"?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you could never reset dex to 3(damn..), but you could always reset int and vit to 3.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok thx.

Restraining myself from asking "why not dex" comes surprisingly easy.
    I must have seen too much nonsense in this game already.
  • HealingChaos - Dreamweaver
    HealingChaos - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i strated as an archer and got it to lvl 34 and didnt like it. Now i'm a cleric and i like it. They do a lot of damage early but you have to give it up after 60 and go for a vit. build to survive. Alround i think it's a good class.b:shocked
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No, as the posters general question was for everyone not just clerics.

I see your point, we our discussing our opinions, but it is about the cleric class, so I say it's 50:50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Clerics are downright smexy. Nuff said. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    b:cry I just teared up a little, you touched my heart with that post b:pleased

A barbarian made a cleric cry, a proud moment in PWI history. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1. we need them.

2.players should be grateful for their help, instead of being rude about them. it costs a lot to run a cleric, and they do a lot for others without a word of thanks, taking time out of their quest time to help others, often going out of their way to help someone in need of a rez.

3. why is this thread necessary anyway? it just gives the rude people another chance to snipe and be nasty.

i believe that those who run clerics are most often people who care about others, and i am glad to have people such as this in the game.

Hey all!
    i would like to know what is your opinion of clerics and how you approach them for help e.g. revive , buffs, healing.
    Me i cant stand some cleric but others are friendly and a great help but there are some who get too stuck up with the fact they can control life and death up to a certain point.
    Being a cleric my self, i have also met some arrogant people who think they can order me to heal, rez and buff them. b:angry
    But on the bright side i have met some very nice and polite people who have asked for help, with them asking nicely and being polite i have helped them.b:pleased

now you know my opinion i would like to know yours b:victory

Thanks for your time b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited June 2009
    Clerics are downright smexy. Nuff said. b:cool

Between venoms and wizards they have some stiff competition. But ice would agree with you, right flame?b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i mean people from sanctuary throw assumptions around like facts. and usually think their own server is some kind of holy kingdom(like lc). and then have the nerve to say others are ignorant for knowing more about a game them(like lc).

and no, i'm no model for this server. i just happen to be one of the only people on this server who aren't afraid of a mod editing my post for insulting nitwits.

I look at your server and see there is no dominance in TW as Sanc. has.I would say there are more Sanc.. Clerics posting.We Clerics like to finght amoungst ourselves.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1. we need them.

2.players should be grateful for their help, instead of being rude about them. it costs a lot to run a cleric, and they do a lot for others without a word of thanks, taking time out of their quest time to help others, often going out of their way to help someone in need of a rez.

3. why is this thread necessary anyway? it just gives the rude people another chance to snipe and be nasty.

i believe that those who run clerics are most often people who care about others, and i am glad to have people such as this in the game.

Totally agree!

I met my first complete a-hole since I started my new Cleric and boy she was totally ungrateful. So rude in fact another person commented on her behavior. This same person wanted a rez later but I wasn't going to do it so someone else did it.

I didn't let her affect me though and I did 2 fb29's with my PW "husband" which more then made up for the mild annoyance.

Later on I got people POLITELY asking for a Res/buffs who were right near me so I helped them and they thanked me. It's people like that, that make me happy I am a cleric. Love to help others
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Totally agree!

I met my first complete a-hole since I started my new Cleric and boy she was totally ungrateful. So rude in fact another person commented on her behavior. This same person wanted a rez later but I wasn't going to do it so someone else did it.

I didn't let her affect me though and I did 2 fb29's with my PW "husband" which more then made up for the mild annoyance.

Later on I got people POLITELY asking for a Res/buffs who were right near me so I helped them and they thanked me. It's people like that, that make me happy I am a cleric. Love to help others

lol **** the ppl that are idiots

when im in a good mood i just buff ppl randomly not the regen 1 im actualy careful with it beleiwe it or not b:surrender
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You missed where I said only for Fb's and tt runs and things of the such. What I meant is in normal grinding no one much cares for them. I have a cleric and have witnessed this first hand. Grinding no one wants one, but if you have a boss to kill, or an FB to go into or a TT to run... a cleric is your best friend. Mostly we fend for ourselves out on the field.

Also it may have come across wrong, I'm not saying that they aren't needed. I'm saying that is the mindset of a lot of ppl on the game. B/c they have angels they don't need a cleric.

Imagine how many people would want to squad with clerics out fighting/grinding if the Ga's didn't exist?

Just cause I'm posting on my wizard, doesn't mean I haven't a clue about clerics, I have one. I just don't change from one avvie to the next to post.

i squad with clerics all the time when i aoe grind... saves the cost of a hp charm :D
  • X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I squad with Clerics nearly all the time, can't say I have met one that was rude or stuck up. Most of the time when I'm out there grinding or questing, I always get buffed or healed by one even though my hp and mp are full but afterwards I say thanks or thank you. b:pleased
    Either way, Clerics should be appreciated a lot more. Feel bad for them because they end up reviving an **** of a player from time to time b:angry
    -Cast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Fantasy is something that one should enjoy.
    Although a Fantasy is harmless, it is only that in the eyes of the blind.
    Although a Fantasy is enjoyable, it can become repetivie and sickening to the mind and soul.
    When one gets sucked into a Fantasy, one day they wake up;
    They wake up and say...it's time to awaken from the Fantasy.
    - - - Woke up from this Fantasy on Oct. 2010 - - - b:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    with everyone buying hercs and GAs, and leveling up genies, who needs clerics? my main characters are my lv69 veno and lv36 cleric, with an archer and baby barb i *was* running up. but the way the game is going now, i kind of feel, ' why bother"? if you have a veno with a herc and players with genies, who needs a cleric with her bothersome buffs....yes, i have been told that i was 'bothering' people who have their little butterflies leveled up, and told 'who needs you bleep bleeping elves now?' that has happened enough now that i'm afraid to offer to help anyone now. so my cleric isnt played much now...whats the point? no one needs us now
    I agree. B/c in the name of the almighty dollar; they've implemented ideas that make clerics and venos obsolete. You know what I mean. I'm guessing that since the implementation of genies and ga's that the decline in people making clerics and venos has been substantial. I have to admit even my husband after getting to lvl 68 on his blademaster said forget it, I'm not needed. Everyone shouts for barbs so he made a barb. All classes should be needed to compliment each other, but with the new things they keep implementing its making it to where no matter how fun venos and clerics are to play... what are we needed for u kno?

And I am so sorry sometimes my thoughts come across only half of them. I swear English is my first language. But I have 2 kids and OCD, and ADHD.. I'm amazed I have a thought at all!! LOL.... It sometimes takes me a few posts to get out my original thought or idea and I apologize for that! Hopefully now Rose you get what I was meaning to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary
    Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You wont you can ask Mysticlife I never ask for rez. Hell I tend to respawn when I die and there is a cleric in the squad standing right beside me. (course thats force of habit from being alone all the time)And uh about the Ga's I never use them

No wonder you have that opinion of clerics. . .
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    with everyone buying hercs and GAs, and leveling up genies, who needs clerics? my main characters are my lv69 veno and lv36 cleric, with an archer and baby barb i *was* running up. but the way the game is going now, i kind of feel, ' why bother"? if you have a veno with a herc and players with genies, who needs a cleric with her bothersome buffs....yes, i have been told that i was 'bothering' people who have their little butterflies leveled up, and told 'who needs you bleep bleeping elves now?' that has happened enough now that i'm afraid to offer to help anyone now. so my cleric isnt played much now...whats the point? no one needs us now
    lol i dont find that believeable, herc or barbs dont eliminate a need for a cleric, try doing a high level TT without one, you wont get anywhere.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No wonder you have that opinion of clerics. . .

You got some issue with Myst?? He is one the best damn healers I've come across in all the games I play.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    mystic a good healer? lol. don't even joke like that.
  • OO_Byakko_Oo - Sanctuary
    OO_Byakko_Oo - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well just my opinion on clerics (My cleric char is /Hope\ lvl51 sanc. server):

-My main reason to play a cleric was, besides trying out the "supporter" side of the game, was because of Tempest. When Nightfall (my first faction ever) existed, I once missed my fb19 boss kill on my then-existent main char, RyuuseiTwain, and my leader, a cleric named Eclipse_, decided to help me. On a certain part of the dungeon where there were 3 or 4 mobs close to each other, she used Tempest. I was amazed XD and sooo wanted to get that skill...and still want to lol. (BTW Greetings to all Nightfall ex-members and all STYLE members out there :D b:victory)

- About Res'ing...I only do it if i happen to find some1 dead on my path or if i'm in a squad for something (particularly FB runs) and i'm the only one available to res (that is unless there is a higher lvl cleric on the same squad)

-Almost the same for buffing: I don't do it for anyone else but myself and squad members. Only exceptions to this are: If i find friends/guildees and i feel like buffing them just for fun :) Also I sometimes randomly buff people if i find them on my path standing enough time for me to do so lol.

- As far as i know, Clerics aren't supposed to be stronger than Wizards. Everything in PW (or almost everything) is balanced: Wizards do the most damage while being, as we like to say in Style, squishy. Same for the other Magic classes. I often prefer to find some help on quests when playing my cleric unless i know the mobs won't easily kill me. Also i prefer doing daily CS runs that doing DQ, and only reason i keep the drops is to sell them later on for when i need the coins. Also...COOL GRAPHICS. Come on, calling all Wizards and Clerics (not venos because most of their attacks look the same): Don't you all drool when you execute a skill with a cool animation? Being Dragon Breath, Tempest, AOE Buffs, etc. At least i know I do XD

- To finish, no matter what you use: Charms, Apothecary stuff, high lvl pots...Nothing can replace clerics, and everyone knows that (or should).
  • Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary
    Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You got some issue with Myst?? He is one the best damn healers I've come across in all the games I play.

Mystic heals???
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Mystic heals???

Mystic not only pwns in 1v1 duels
    but yes, he heals, and is pretty fkn amazing at it
    he's the only cleric i've come across that can keep me alive without the help of another cleric while i'm tanking krimson.

ive seen a squad of an 80+ BM with 2 70+ clerics trying to do krimson for some other people
    and they failed miserably

then along comes Neltharius and Mysticlifex and took the krimson all by themselves
    me in the 60s and myst in his 70s at the time.
    you dont know **** about myst unless you constantly play with him.
    edited June 2009

No I haven't.

Ok I know. there is some use for them in TW. At what level? What do you mean by a high level? What about low levels?

There are some other uses too, but not many and they are either unnatural for a wizard (like tanking magic bosses. Can be done but it's like fastening screws with a knife) or require cashshop items. People who think clerics are useless should try a wizard for sure.

Sure if you compare a squad with them and one with an empty slot. But there is always some other class that is a better choice for that slot than a wizard. Even a fourth cleric is better. He will do not much less damage and has a lot more to offer besides that. All a wizard can offer is a sucky buff, a heal that is useful in a very rare situations, as a last resort and some damage that is less than that of an archer anyway. Our strength is our AoE skills, but I'm yet to find anyone who has a use for them outside of PvP or classic zhen.

when you hit lvl 90
    you're only 1/3 of the way to 100 exp wise
    so you tell me what a high lvl is

and sure, a cleric's power might come close a wizard's power in 1 single shot
    but the damage output when you synchronize wizard spells right outdamages ANY class by far
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Mystic not only pwns in 1v1 duels
    but yes, he heals, and is pretty fkn amazing at it
    he's the only cleric i've come across that can keep me alive without the help of another cleric while i'm tanking krimson.

ive seen a squad of an 80+ BM with 2 70+ clerics trying to do krimson for some other people
    and they failed miserably

then along comes Neltharius and Mysticlifex and took the krimson all by themselves
    me in the 60s and myst in his 70s at the time.
    you dont know **** about myst unless you constantly play with him.

i've played with mystic and i know just how bad he is.

some clerics solo krimson =/
    edited June 2009
    i've played with mystic and i know just how bad he is.

some clerics solo krimson =/

keyword in that last sentence: "constantly"
    im not talking about the ability to solo something
    im talking about the ability to HEAL
    and as i said, i've never once been kept alive by one single cleric during krimson other than Mystic

maybe i haven't had the opportunity to meet other non-fail clerics

but i'd like to see you keep me alive
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol....not that hard for one cleric to solo heal a barb....

just yesterday I solo healed a 72 barb on krimson. a little -channel gear, maxed out healing and purify, and its rather simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
    edited June 2009
    lol....not that hard for one cleric to solo heal a barb....

just yesterday I solo healed a 72 barb on krimson. a little -channel gear, maxed out healing and purify, and its rather simple.

im not saying its not possible
    but i'm defending myst because these people take him as a noob because they have their own preference on what a cleric build should be
    because you choose a different build and have a different playing style does not make you a noob

and sure, ur 85 and the barb was 72

but when we did it i was 65 and he was 79

those few lvls do always make a diff especially because of the TT armor i had then and have now
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    keyword in that last sentence: "constantly"
    im not talking about the ability to solo something
    im talking about the ability to HEAL
    and as i said, i've never once been kept alive by one single cleric during krimson other than Mystic

maybe i haven't had the opportunity to meet other non-fail clerics

but i'd like to see you keep me alive

Those fail Clerics must be FAC even I can keep you alive dpending on how fast you can kill.The faster you kill the less mana I use.I am 52 btw it just shows 51.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited June 2009
    Those fail Clerics must be FAC even I can keep you alive dpending on how fast you can kill.The faster you kill the less mana I use.I am 52 btw it just shows 51.

trust me
    you cant solo heal anybody for krimson at 52

and full attack cleric heals are better heals than hybrid because heals depend on the magic
    full attack clerics have more magic
    therefore, have better heals

the only difference between FAC and hybrid or vit clerics
    is that the others have more survivability while FAC change it for better heals and attacks

survivability can easily be covered with good equips
    while attack difference will always show

here is just another person who has a bad opinion about FAC

thats all im saying
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:angryLeave Myst alone he is one of only two clerics i trust to cover my ****.b:angry
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex