Whats your opinion of clerics?

FlameOfRebel - Sanctuary
FlameOfRebel - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Hey all!
i would like to know what is your opinion of clerics and how you approach them for help e.g. revive , buffs, healing.
Me i cant stand some cleric but others are friendly and a great help but there are some who get too stuck up with the fact they can control life and death up to a certain point.
Being a cleric my self, i have also met some arrogant people who think they can order me to heal, rez and buff them. b:angry
But on the bright side i have met some very nice and polite people who have asked for help, with them asking nicely and being polite i have helped them.b:pleased

now you know my opinion i would like to know yours b:victory

Thanks for your time b:pleased
Post edited by FlameOfRebel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i think its odd that a support class can do more damage than wizards and venomancers, its kind of jacked.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Three words: Rez me plz. b:sad

A cleric is a wizard's best friend since they die a lot, but since a perfect tank team is incomplete without a good cleric to keep his/her HP topped up, a cleric is a tank's best friend. Remember to thank (and tank) for your local cleric. b:victory
    A cleric is everyone's friend really except venos I guess.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There are too many of them running around. People take them for granted. If there are fewer clerics, they might be appreciated more.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i think its odd that a support class can do more damage than wizards and venomancers, its kind of jacked.

clerics don't do more damage than a wizard, and you have a pet to compensate for your lack of damage.
    edited June 2009
    yes they do. get to 89+ and youll see what i mean. even sage/demon tempest does way more than wizard 2 spark moves.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Aye, although a pure mag and atk skill cleric build may be able to out damage a non pure mag build wizard, skills for wizards do more (and a lot more in the later levels/cults) damage.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yes they do. get to 89+ and youll see what i mean. even sage/demon tempest does way more than wizard 2 spark moves.

yup.

clerics out damage wizzies and a venos pet means nothing if it dies....

venos got pets clerics got heals and buffs.

aint an overpowered class but it does do more damage than it should for being a healer.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

i know exactly what you mean, and you're wrong. wizards will always do more damage. our damage is fairly close, but a real wizard will be pure int and a real cleric wont be. even if the skills are similar(wizards still hitting harder), the wizard will always deal more damage simply because the cleric will have a ****load of vit.
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    aint an overpowered class but it does do more damage than it should for being a healer.

QFT. Cleric damage is way too high imho, given they're already epic in terms of heals and stuff like that.
  • Kolumnos - Harshlands
    Kolumnos - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    First I'm a cleric. Played a cleric on MY-EN version (tryed all classes) and I'm playing one now. I love to be a cleric, I hate other clerics. I may seem a a$$hole but it's only cuz I am. Clerics can be helpful but a lot of them are damn useless. Hated it when clerics broke my powder several times because they wouldn't understand "why I don't wanted their buff". Useless full support clerics that max all their heals, buff and revive early, not having enough SP for attacks AND go full mag to max their heals. They can't do $hit and go after you buffing and healing when you don't need to "force" you to squad with them cuz they can't solo, then go to forum and complain about cleric being hard. My policy is if you're in my squad you attack and do your part not fly above healing and getting my drops. All classes have healing with genies. Don't get me wrong other classes are dumb too. Get a cleric in your squad and you have green light to run head first in a bunch of aggro cuz you have healer.Also is OK to die as many times as possible cuz you have reviver (although a GA and a res scroll does better than lvl 10 rez but players seem to reach the big "O" when they see the cleric casting lvl 10 revive).
    And to the OP: yea lots of clerics think they are the gods gift to PW. And all bish when they don't get thanked after every unnecesary heal. A little advice: spark+plumeshot gets rid of overzealous clerics like that.
    I stand by my policy of how to act as a cleric: MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINES!
    Rand over... Flame on.
    I don't regret anything i said, it's the truth.
    edited June 2009
    i know exactly what you mean, and you're wrong. wizards will always do more damage. our damage is fairly close, but a real wizard will be pure int and a real cleric wont be. even if the skills are similar(wizards still hitting harder), the wizard will always deal more damage simply because the cleric will have a ****load of vit.
    not all clerics get vit. ive seen plenty of them out do wizards.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    what kind of fail cleric doesn't have vit? really now. and even then, wizard damage is still higher than a clerics. unless you're comparing a better weapon to something ****ty(like hh90 to the 89 molder).

you figure you would listen if a cleric says they do less damage than a wizard?
  • Kolumnos - Harshlands
    Kolumnos - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Until clerics get a sutra and atleast another chi-less nuke on the same lvl with wield thunder it will never outdamage a wizard. Wiz gets 3 chi-less mid power nukes (SS DP and GS) clerics have 1. At this they can add the firebird and the damage is immense. Cleric outlasts wizzes in battle and overall are more succesful but the damage isn't great. And a cleric needs vit. The cleric is all about outliving the enemy and descouraging the attacker therefore he has a lot of shields, heals and paralizers instead of attacks.
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm in agreement with Forp on this issue. If a Cleric wants to do their job properly at the later levels, they are going to have to step away from the comfort blanket of a full magic build and start thinking of their survival, and thus the survival of the team they are supporting.

And as soon as they step away from that full magic build, their damage can no longer compete with that of a Wizard. It's a case of different stats for different expectations, and the expectation on a Cleric is that they are going to stay alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Have you ever seen Haiz damage log? Let me pull that out b:chuckle

EDIT: Here you go some wizards highest hardest hit. Snapshots of course ^^

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/220/noobdmg2.png

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...34567890/4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nx/cbastor.jpg

And Haiz famous crit
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5131/weeepxi.jpg

Now tell me clerics outdamage wizards b:laugh
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what kind of fail cleric doesn't have vit? really now. and even then, wizard damage is still higher than a clerics. unless you're comparing a better weapon to something ****ty(like hh90 to the 89 molder).

you figure you would listen if a cleric says they do less damage than a wizard?

Lol, clerics without vit are still far more survivable than wizard due to heals and plume shell. They also get higher nuke spike damage due to Tempest, and there's also physical attacks.

Wizards are in desperate need of a buff.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    really if clerics say wiz out dmg us, then why go on about this xD
    b:dirty
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    a wizard can run, a cleric has to tank. we can't move. a clerics survivability is all in their hp and plume shell. without it, we're weaker than wizards. but of course, you being a wizard and a cleric, much like myself, know all of this yes?

tempest isn't a factor in real pvp. the off chance you get to use it(like, when nobody can see you because you're standing in a tree?), it'll just be a waste of the clerics sparks. we need vigor for plume shell, purify, siren's kiss, silent/chromatic seal, wings of protection and guardian light. we can't go and waste it when we have a job to do.

the physical attacks are what breaks our combo when fighting physical classes. we can't chain fast casting skills together to kill our opponent like a wizard can, and we have to stop and heal the **** out of ourselves if we get noticed.
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    QFT. Cleric damage is way too high imho, given they're already epic in terms of heals and stuff like that.

lol might as well callit overpowered then, yet they can still get killed fast if you know what ur doing so damage dont matter if you get them first.

either way you see it theres still a downside to clerics
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i wonder if anyone sees that 19k pvp crit b:bye
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary
    HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what kind of fail cleric doesn't have vit?

so i fail with 6.1k Hp buffed and 3 base vit o.o
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so i fail with 6.1k Hp buffed and 3 base vit o.o

Exceptionally so. Bad Hatsune. Bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    yes, you do. because i'll have that base at 90. l2build your character.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think that their damage is a bit high for a support class. Unfortunately that damage also means higher healing. I guess it's the same way that tanks have tons of HP and can still do good damage.

I usually never die, so I never ask for res. And when I die I tend to have a doll on me. If not, then sometimes I just take the EXP hit. Not like I'm grinding anymore.

Fail Clerics: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/2009-06-23-17-03-47.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    well what do you expect your attack range to be cause if you want that much hp unbuffed you nerf your magic attack alot
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't you nerf your heals too if you're putting a ton of points into vit? Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    ya you do Alphae thats why im asking what he expects his magic attack range to be, cause when i was 90 i was hybrid spec and had 6k hp unbuffed but my spells were really weak, so i restated to pure magic.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    weak? i'm like.. 300 matk lower than a pure build at my level.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I have quite low vit for my class
    most of my points go into magic
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think that their damage is a bit high for a support class. Unfortunately that damage also means higher healing. I guess it's the same way that tanks have tons of HP and can still do good damage.

Fail Clerics: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/2009-06-23-17-03-47.jpg

^^ PRO CLERICS!!!!

Maiya..next time take me..LOL!!

RB in fb79...b:chuckle...I think I would have been speechless for one of the few times in my life b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous