Petition for Barb. Animal Change

Options

Comments

• Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It would be really great if a GM could drop in and give some indication of likeliness of this ever happening and some sort of why/why not?

Sorry if its already well known or been posted earlier i only skimmed the 10 pages to get here ...
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I was seriously considering doing a wolf or Lion barb. But if all they can change into are tigers I'll go roll something else.b:sad
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i would like to turn into a wolf since im a wolf and it would make sence
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Too bad you'll never get this unless its added in the Malaysian version. PWI devs can't add anything like this to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This entire idea is rather stupid. Do you have any idea how much time and money it would take to code such meaningless ****? We dont need a total revamp on something that doesnt need fixing k thx.
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This entire idea is rather stupid. Do you have any idea how much time and money it would take to code such meaningless ****? We dont need a total revamp on something that doesnt need fixing k thx.

A simple check to determine your char's head, and based on that it switches you model to a different one? Honestly the coding wouldnt be a lot of work and the model wouldnt be hard. Just a reskin with a few changes to it.

Hell, i could model and code that **** myself in a matter of a few hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Options
    how stupid are you? it will cost nothing. the only thing they need to do is change the texture of the tiger...man research before u say something stupid
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    raugaj wrote: »
    Yes so for example if you were to choose the lion humanoid the transformation would result in a large lion instead of the typical white tiger.

so what about the girl veno's, there are bat ones, fox ones, bunny ones. should they be able to change into those too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    how stupid are you? it will cost nothing. the only thing they need to do is change the texture of the tiger...man research before u say something stupid

yeah because wolves and pandas TOTALLY look like lions/tigers, and the dev team would TOTALLY do it for free, and it TOTALLY wouldnt cost to get permission the parent company in china. They cant just add things as the players whine for them.

Theres a difference between having a mean opinion, and being an ****, as you dont need name calling to be the former. jack ****.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah because wolves and pandas TOTALLY look like lions/tigers, and the dev team would TOTALLY do it for free, and it TOTALLY wouldnt cost to get permission the parent company in china. They cant just add things as the players whine for them.

Theres a difference between having a mean opinion, and being an ****, as you dont need name calling to be the former. jack ****.
    if you would know they only need to CHANGE the textures for the tiger like i jus said...this isent hard and wont take long...im 16 and i bet i could do this in like a day or less
  • Cyraxxx - Sanctuary
    Cyraxxx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I support this completely-My friend brought me into the game because he liked the character customization, and i typically play a tank character. I was disappointed when I couldnt customize as much as the other characters. I like the humaniod tail idea and i really support the different true forms among the different barb animals. I hope this gets some GM attention.b:victory
  • Marodraenos - Harshlands
    Marodraenos - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The best would have been to have the barbarian looking like a regular blademaster in humanoid mode ( i like tanks but i dont like the beast formb:sad ) and in animal tanking mode to turn in to the barbarian as he looks when he isnt in tiger mode. That would have been perfect. And tiger mode should be a special transformation so that the barb would not need a horse. But thats a dream. I would like to choose in what i could transform.
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I voted for yes
  • Tenohr - Sanctuary
    Tenohr - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I posted this in a different thread on mistake, but they're both about the same topic

I totally agree with being able to change into the animals us barbs choose when we make our characters, it'd also be awesome for the venos as well. Everyone gets their own choices for character customization, but what do us barbs get? 4 different faces, body size, and eye color... If we're supposed to have been given the gift of Self-Awareness, like the intro to this game says we were given, we should turn into a wolf, when we choose a wolf barb. we'd also be able to have different types of fur, after all, there is soo many species of Tigers, a few Lions, Wolves, and Bears... Where's the Variety? Everyone gets sick of almost always being the same as untamed barbs. Only the Cash Shop items, our armors, and weapons make us different. It's not fair to us, the players, and you'll probably get rid of our petitions if it actually is put into motion, and we are given the variety of untamed Barbarians we deserve.
  • Darthmooby - Lost City
    Darthmooby - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think it's weird that they change in to white tigers... I mean... white tigers are from a result of inbreeding. That's kinda gross...
  • Jasong - Harshlands
    Jasong - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i would so love it if they gave us the chance to change in to different animal forms and not just the same one over and over in World of War craft (wow) the Dreina char are shap shifters and they have mutiple forms if perfect world brought that in it would be great
    Dont mess with a Barb cause you may get the tiggerb:angry

UNTAMENED ROCK **** HUMANS!
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    raugaj wrote: »
    Yes so for example if you were to choose the lion humanoid the transformation would result in a large lion instead of the typical white tiger.

Im with you there
    would love to be a humanoid wolf then into a true form wolf
    id love it XD
  • BeatMe - Heavens Tear
    BeatMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is why I'd prefer to change into a Panda.

White Tigers
  • Tenohr - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    O.o WOW, thanks for that info... EWWWW~anyway, I PMed GM_Xarfox about info of plans for the barbs, yesterday. He hasn't checked it, but since he's also a Barb, AND a GM, i'd like to think he'd share the same views of how the barbarians are mistreated, if we're so important, i'd think the variety of our character's species would have been considered! But, alas, we've been forgotten about...
    TT.TT i want either more customizations for basic characters, or the True Beast skill being altered, i mean why can't they make a program within the game that when we choose our model, it also selects the True beast, and if we alter from a wolf to a panda, true beast also changes with it?
  • Clarityness - Sanctuary
    Clarityness - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This would be pretty cool, I would love changing into another animal since everybody else is a white tiger :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xylo
    xylo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It would be a lot more fun if we could choice our animal form :D

And I think we should be able to choose the color of the fur in the humanoid form (at character creation) also. The customization for the Barbarians are very poor compared to the other classes.

Completely agree here. The fur color would be awesome customized. I'd prefer it to the current state. Barbs are arguably one of the cooler classes to play but still boring to look at...you've seen one wolf head, you've seen 'em all.

Even if they made it an option only available through boutique I think I'd do it.
  • BearyWhite - Harshlands
    BearyWhite - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wow ... if i could change into a panda ... I'd never change back.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if barbs wil get these animal changes then clerics should have the option in the start of the game what kind of wings they would like (a kind we could use our flying mastery on)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tenohr - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    not to stomp on that idea, Alyyy, but this is the barbarian Discussion thread. and everyone else has soo many more stuff then we barbarians have, it'd not be fair for you to get even more, while we only have like 6 things we can do, and the others have like 30
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    not to stomp on that idea, Alyyy, but this is the barbarian Discussion thread. and everyone else has soo many more stuff then we barbarians have, it'd not be fair for you to get even more, while we only have like 6 things we can do, and the others have like 30

oh do tell, can u do an example?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if barbs wil get these animal changes then clerics should have the option in the start of the game what kind of wings they would like (a kind we could use our flying mastery on)

its called the boutique, stop tryna make it like clerics don't have customisation capabilities
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    its called the boutique, stop tryna make it like clerics don't have customisation capabilities

whatewer... anyway did u mean the diferent animal changes for free or buyable from the boutique?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belokk - Sanctuary
    Belokk - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    GIEF lion form
  • Akatora - Lost City
    Akatora - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have wondered the same. I would like to change into a wolf instead of a tiger.
    Yeah could be really awesome to turn into a wolf instead of a tiger, i love wolfs
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It wouldn't be a bad thing, but personally I think the tiger is really cool and nice. I think before this issue is addressed the devs need to first give the barbs more customization options, like fur color, ect.