Petition for Barb. Animal Change

Comments

• Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    from your previous post, one could say that you want things changed for the tideborn. people here want things changed for barbarian. why is it what you demand ok and what others wrong?

even so, again I repeat, it is impossible to make it so barbs change into different animals depending on their CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION or LOOKS. scripts work with variables and you cannot make a texture a variable, simply because character LOOKS are client sided till you upload it to server (or simplier, click on create button). with people going around editing textures .pak and .ini files the server would crash as soon as it detects an unknow variable (sorta). the only viable way of making barbs turn into different animals is to add a subclass for example Untamed->Barb->Tiger, but this will not affect old players, thus a lot of complains would arouse from people who cannot understand the complexity of programming.
  • Wolvenear - Sanctuary
    Wolvenear - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Keep the uprising going this topic must not drop till i get to turn into a wolf instead of a tiger b:angry b:sad
    Vote for allowing wolves to turn into wolfs not tigers
    [SIGPIC]http://i46.tinypic.com/wlrtlk.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd play a god damn Barb if I'd actually turn into a wolf and not a white tiger. :|

Yes, I am that shallow. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • ExtremeRa_ - Dreamweaver
    ExtremeRa_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    YES!! I hate not being able to tell who is who in fbs and bhs when there are more then one barb... it makes the barb class pretty boring when everyone has to look the same... other classes you are able to put your own unique touch to your character while barbs all you can do is make it look weird by putting big or small heads lol.
  • WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear
    WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i think we need tails and a new class like a geko/man is cool and i want to be a wolf to not the same thing as the other ones

Thats just Creepy 0.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<-- made by me o.o
    I know its very simple and plain, but I like it XD.

I'm back! I knew I said i'd never come back but yeah im back now :p.
  • AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver
    AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    JUST DO IT!xD i wanna costumize my barb!!plz!!!b:chuckleand for those that h8te barb just b:shutup
  • Malkaviana - Dreamweaver
    Malkaviana - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personaly like idea, would also MIGTH ease clerics job.."so does panda or tiger tank?"

Also I admit I haven't even tried making barb b:surrender so don't really know customizing 1.

However anything else than white tiger wouldn't be according to chinese myth..but hey does sushi(tiborn) belong to it either b:chuckle

off topic..IF Venos transform too according to customizing..man I would like to see rabbit veno turn....HUGGYb:shocked
  • wivve
    wivve Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010

even so, again I repeat, it is impossible to make it so barbs change into different animals depending on their CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION or LOOKS. scripts work with variables and you cannot make a texture a variable, simply because character LOOKS are client sided till you upload it to server (or simplier, click on create button). with people going around editing textures .pak and .ini files the server would crash as soon as it detects an unknow variable (sorta). the only viable way of making barbs turn into different animals is to add a subclass for example Untamed->Barb->Tiger, but this will not affect old players, thus a lot of complains would arouse from people who cannot understand the complexity of programming.

I didn't read all the previous messages so I don't know if someone already mention this. I fully understand that TF can change you only to one form, but maybe there should be 4 different transform skills with same stats (only the appearance would be different). I know that there would be 3 useless skill to every barb then, but this would make many players happy, including me ^^
  • stregasharptooth
    stregasharptooth Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    While it would be nice to be able to turn into the appropriate sort of animal, it'd be even nice if there was some customization of the base models. Every other class has detailed customization, the barb male has...eye color, face width/height and stockiness. Very lazy on the developer's part. The result is four flavors of barb male (wolf, panda, lion and tiger) who are all carbon copies of each other.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Can my barb plz transform into Ethereal/Hellfire Abomination? Thanks.
  • WolfHJL - Lost City
    WolfHJL - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I totally agree with this. Yes. Please GM's. Make a nice big Wolf.
  • Super_Ben - Dreamweaver
    Super_Ben - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i myself just started this barb and i would love to be able to turn into a wolf im just asking for a patch to make us transform into what we are and inprove the customization of us in human form no need to change the gameplay for us that much,so please GMs just this small task shoot id love to help develop it lolb:cool

Edit:i used this name from as you can see a lv 72 BM of mine...it still shows a bm i am a lv 15 barb tho
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just wondering if it can actually be done. True form is a skill. Wouldn't that mean they'd have to implement various versions of the same skill? Also, true form means all barbs are tigers, just the human form is different? Lol, I'm getting too technical here.

I dunno, thinking back to when I helped a friend run a server of an old game, we made a lot of things customizable. The problem with this is sometimes you run into errors and things become unstable; making a visual make- over for one skill that does the same thing for the same class is annoying to code. Would be awesome to do, I just don't think it's something the GMs would do for the amount of work it would require.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just wondering if it can actually be done. True form is a skill. Wouldn't that mean they'd have to implement various versions of the same skill? Also, true form means all barbs are tigers, just the human form is different? Lol, I'm getting too technical here.

I dunno, thinking back to when I helped a friend run a server of an old game, we made a lot of things customizable. The problem with this is sometimes you run into errors and things become unstable; making a visual make- over for one skill that does the same thing for the same class is annoying to code. Would be awesome to do, I just don't think it's something the GMs would do for the amount of work it would require.

what this thread is talking about is True Form as in how all barbs are tigers, not about the actual skill.

I do see the problem about linking new true forms to the actual skill, dependent upon each individual.....

But there is already a 3rd party program out there that changes barbs into whatever form they wish. You cant see it unless you are the person playing the barb on your computer, but it still works, on the player's side. I just wish the Dev's took this opportunity to inject it into the game.

Also, there are private servers who have now mastered a code that allows venomancers to change into a new were-fox form, much much different than the traditional teeny fox form. (I wont name the private servers, because I do not wish to advertise illegal use of private servers, I am just stating a point of reference to my discussion)

I really wish we could get a sticky for this thread, as well as a response from one of the higher ups. This has obviously been a very popular thread and has been ongoing for quite some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leoryk - Heavens Tear
    Leoryk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It really b:angry me to see that the Barbarians are the least customizational class out there. I mean, we get to change our eye color & build...that's it. Whether you choose Panda, Wolf, Tiger or Lion at this point is irrelivant since in true form, we all turn into a Snow Tiger. How shafting is that??!! I mean oh look, a Panda...who morphs into a ...tiger?? WTF??!!

PLEASE!!!! to the developers, we the players emplore you, give us more customization for the barbarians. Changing of fur color, mane colors...like seiously, there's not much available in the end available to alter...and yes, changing into a corrisponding animal to what we select (ie. wolfman to wolf, Lionman to lion..Panda to Ninjapanda b:chuckle) we the players would love this.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what this thread is talking about is True Form as in how all barbs are tigers, not about the actual skill.

I do see the problem about linking new true forms to the actual skill, dependent upon each individual.....

But there is already a 3rd party program out there that changes barbs into whatever form they wish. You cant see it unless you are the person playing the barb on your computer, but it still works, on the player's side. I just wish the Dev's took this opportunity to inject it into the game.

Also, there are private servers who have now mastered a code that allows venomancers to change into a new were-fox form, much much different than the traditional teeny fox form. (I wont name the private servers, because I do not wish to advertise illegal use of private servers, I am just stating a point of reference to my discussion)

I really wish we could get a sticky for this thread, as well as a response from one of the higher ups. This has obviously been a very popular thread and has been ongoing for quite some time.

i posted in this thread over a year ago saying the same thing. its too much time and effort to code, and people do not seem to realize this. its not as simple as a lot of ignorant people would like to think, youll never see it happen.

just deal with your tiger form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think this would be great! I'd be happy with fur colors, even if you couldn't change secondary things like stripes. Just SOMETHING. But I would love to have tails, and animal forms for the presets, especially if you could have the humanoid and animal forms the same fur colors. Also, this might be too much to ask, but what if you could choose the preset for animal form at the beginning? Maybe you want Tiger for humanoid, since it's more damage dealer, but panda for tank form. Or have the different animals be different skills, and have different ups and downs, like wolf would be DD, panda tank, etc. Probably too much to ask, though. I think we might have a chance getting these changes, as I have seen MANY boards like this, so there's obviously a lot of people who would like it. The only reason it wouldn't work is because they'd have to do it for venos, and demon venos would have to have wings and people would complain if they couldn't fly with wings.

first off im with every1 on TRUE forms b:victory personaly im a dog person and i love wolves, i just like em, im kinda pissed that i cant have a wolf barb that goes into a wolf in true form b:cry so i usually pick tiger skins becuase it makes sense b:surrender and 2nd, (going to the quote above) uh its a really bad idea to make it so each barb type (panda, wolf, tiger, lion) have a different ability. ones a dd, tank etc. ppl have enough problems already with "LF Barb For xxxxx" do u really wanna see "LF For Tiger Barb to Tank xxx" ugh i can see it now spam in WC about looking for tank barbs, or dd barbs b:sweat
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I voted "No" because an Untamed wouldn't want to transform into anything but a White Tiger. It would be, in short, unthinkable.

That's my RP reason. My other reason is that it's symbolic to turn into a White Tiger which is based on Chinese Mythology relating to the White Tiger.

then explain to me why if a veno is also related to chiese mythology, (yao jing i think, dont know if im right, thats the actuall name) is i believe a woman with fox ears and tail, that transforms into a fox. then why is there a skin with antlers, a traditional succubs skin, a cat, and a bunny b:cute white tigers blah, barbs r the class that has the least ammount of customables. venos have alot of things u can change, even tideborn (even though they dont have makeup and facial hair options, or even the option to change tatoos effectively) so why the many skins for venos? why cant we have different true forms, not like we taking away the white tiger, we just adding a few. (and isnt a panda sacred in chinese mythology aswell? b:cute)
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • TeraNoto - Heavens Tear
    TeraNoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The more customization, the better.
    +1 for true forms
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    then explain to me why if a veno is also related to chiese mythology, (yao jing i think, dont know if im right, thats the actuall name) is i believe a woman with fox ears and tail, that transforms into a fox. then why is there a skin with antlers, a traditional succubs skin, a cat, and a bunny b:cute white tigers blah, barbs r the class that has the least ammount of customables. venos have alot of things u can change, even tideborn (even though they dont have makeup and facial hair options, or even the option to change tatoos effectively) so why the many skins for venos? why cant we have different true forms, not like we taking away the white tiger, we just adding a few. (and isnt a panda sacred in chinese mythology aswell? b:cute)
    yao jings werent necesarily JUST foxes, they were female seductress spirits that could morph into animals, foxes just happened to be the ones most associated with trickery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i posted in this thread over a year ago saying the same thing. its too much time and effort to code, and people do not seem to realize this. its not as simple as a lot of ignorant people would like to think, youll never see it happen.

just deal with your tiger form.

Thats just the thing. They wouldnt have to code it. Its already been done. They just need to buy the rights to the code and implement it into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Link is in my sig.
    But yeah, one in the same purposes. Nees the votes to be merged lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    **** yea b:chuckle

all the true forms are those typical white tigers -.-
    so lame

should get ur true form of the animal u are and some god damn True form fash b:angry
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OMG my fantasy is running wild,

so awesome to morph into a goldmane lion or so lol...
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    OMG my fantasy is running wild,

so awesome to morph into a goldmane lion or so lol...

yeah, then people may think their mount ran away from them b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CherryMuffin - Harshlands
    CherryMuffin - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    HEY WHAT ABOUT VENOS u know dont u think we get bored 2 with only fox form, Khalfani i saw ur form thought i love the drawing keep up the good work :3
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if i remember well i voted in favour...

but im not very optimistic on this issue b:sad

the least they can do is to give us the chance to MAKE OUR CHARACTER like every other class...

i mean that our customization has less feature than a veno pet b:shocked

****, i hate the fact that (beside the eyes) im the same as anyother wolf barb out there...

and with more customization i wouldnt even be a wolf, lion would be cooler for me but the barf green only skin make me go like b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    HEY WHAT ABOUT VENOS u know dont u think we get bored 2 with only fox form, Khalfani i saw ur form thought i love the drawing keep up the good work :3

Shut up u veno! lmao

j/k :3
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Interesting. Though, like I said before, anyone know if said servers go down often or have other problems that could be linked with the coding? (Also not advertising illegal use of private servers.) If there are no problems with it, I don't see why it shouldn't be pushed for, barbarian and venomancer a- like. b:victory Barbs really could use *something* customizable.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Dunes - Dreamweaver
    Dunes - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd roll a wolf barb in a heartbeat if they made true form match 'human' form.

Too bad, chances are I'll never get to roll a wolf barb, seeing how much they listen to us. QQ