Petition for Barb. Animal Change

raugaj
raugaj Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
Ok so there is a thread asking if we the people would like Barb's to have the ability to change into other animals. I for one have thought of this from the very second I started to play as a barb. I had thought that a Tiger Barb should transform into a tiger. Panda into panda and etc. The idea I think is sound and would allow for some nifty variety through out the game.

So Officially I would like to ask the community of Perfect World International to possibly lend a hand in asking the GM's as a collective to please create a patch so we can all enjoy a higher level of fun and satisfaction :]

Above is a poll for those who wish to submit their opinion, for or against, I want everyone to be able to express themselves.
Thank You very much I hope there are enough of us who would like this.

Have Fun!
`Raugaj`
Post edited by raugaj on

Comments

• shenanigans13
    shenanigans13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    More customisation is always good, i guess choose your animal when you begin?
  • raugaj
    edited December 2008
    Yes so for example if you were to choose the lion humanoid the transformation would result in a large lion instead of the typical white tiger.
  • Kundun_Storm - Lost City
    Kundun_Storm - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It would be a lot more fun if we could choice our animal form :D

And I think we should be able to choose the color of the fur in the humanoid form (at character creation) also. The customization for the Barbarians are very poor compared to the other classes.
  • raugaj
    edited December 2008
    Yea I know I mean the only vary is eye color and even that is basically limited down to nothing. Tails, fur pattern, fur color, etc. More cuztomization for the complete humanoid form is needed as well as animal change. IF we could customize the animal form that would be very very awesome, it would lead to a new level of variety through out the game! :D
  • Beo - Heavens Tear
    Beo - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have wondered the same. I would like to change into a wolf instead of a tiger.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    **** right it should be. I originally wanted to play a wolf barb, and when I got to level 9 I found to my dismay that even a wolf becomes a tiger. It bothered me so much I deleted my lvl9 wolf and started all over as a tiger. The way it is now, eventually one will find every barb is a tiger.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If any GM is reading this, then they should also should look at this thread :Do you think there should be more beasts Barbs can change into? from Duskhowler - Lost City.

There are a lot of great ideas there. Like Hazardus' idea of differentiating the four barb classes. And Zerkarda's idea of a tail in humanoide form, etc.

But please, at least allow us to change in our "true" animal form, and some more personalized characters. I would love to have a sort of albinos wolf (white fur and red eyes), that could change in some kind of flame/red huge animal wolf.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just placed a thread in the suggestion box, hoping this will help to get the message to the developers.
    I just refered to this and Duskhowler's thread and resumed the main points.

Hope it will help.
  • EimSowSekse - Heavens Tear
    EimSowSekse - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yeah i think it qould be a waste of time.... but i think it would be wonderful too if you put a lot of other forms.... im not really sure... coz if u put other forms it will be more exciting and more competition.... and maybe they can just focus on making more maps equipments pets mounts and other cool stuff.... ^_^ but that's just my opinion.... LOL
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I replied that I was open to the Idea but you guy's don't seem to understand that the change would have to be to the core code and thus would have to be done by Bejing before we could get it on this version and to be fair would be limited (as someone mentioned a 'true form' where the template you picked wolf/tiger/lion/panda would be what you turned into).

To be completely fair they would need to do the same for Fox form, they have templates too. Never quite understood a werefox/venomancer with bat wings and demonic tail turning into an identical fox to one who uses a traditional fox template in 'human' form.

But seriously do you guys have any kind of clue how much effort all this would take?
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear
    ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i want to change inot a penguin!
  • Superguy - Sanctuary
    Superguy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i think we need tails and a new class like a geko/man is cool and i want to be a wolf to not the same thing as the other ones
  • raugaj
    edited December 2008
    Ok that's why it is anidea and a suggestion. Obviously we're aware it would take time and effort to produce a change like this. Who said we were excluding the Venomancer's? Then again this is the Barbarian class thread....but the point is valid. Yes it will take work. Yes it will take time. Yes we KNOW so stop presenting negative input and insinuating that we are a clueless base. I think we know that it is a long shot for the developers to actually view this thread and then complete the change. This is a forum open to our idea's for a way to create an even better game enviroment for the community. Thanks for the input however and thanks to everyone who also helped out the cause. :]
    To Superguy-Geko? Well it's creative ha, but for now let's primarily focus on the 4 existing classes of barb-and to encompass the whole-the Veno class as well.

Thank you everyone! :D
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    While for a barb, the existing presets give an obvious base of what the true form could turn into, which would mostly just need to be a few new animations for the various skills without impacting how the skills work with the new base transformed creatures.

For Venos it would be a bit harder for one specific preset, what to do with the succubus style veno with the bat head wings and demonic tail? Would you simply turn into a bat and wind up having the ability to fly from level 9? Or would you transform into one of the more traditional style succubus (without the headwings, but instead have the larger ones from the back) which brings the problem of having the ability to fly from level 9 again.

I would like the ability to customise the size and coloration of the tails though, and have it change the fur color of the transformed form.
  • quarrion84
    quarrion84 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Definitely! I think both Untamed classes should have a better variety with this. When I first started playing as a Barb, I thought it was odd that an Untamed Panda would transform into a White Tiger =/
  • Xxkittyxx - Heavens Tear
    Xxkittyxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    if the devs did this, then the barbarians would be more like an druid with tanking abilities. b:bye
    you will never understand me, untill you see my last dying breath.

how do you put an image here?
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    raugaj wrote: »
    Ok that's why it is anidea and a suggestion. Obviously we're aware it would take time and effort to produce a change like this. Who said we were excluding the Venomancer's? Then again this is the Barbarian class thread....but the point is valid. Yes it will take work. Yes it will take time. Yes we KNOW so stop presenting negative input and insinuating that we are a clueless base. I think we know that it is a long shot for the developers to actually view this thread and then complete the change. This is a forum open to our idea's for a way to create an even better game enviroment for the community. Thanks for the input however and thanks to everyone who also helped out the cause. :]
    To Superguy-Geko? Well it's creative ha, but for now let's primarily focus on the 4 existing classes of barb-and to encompass the whole-the Veno class as well.

Thank you everyone! :D

I am sorry if you took my feedback poorly as it was not my intent to be negative nor to imply that I thought the community ignorant. I will then assume that you are aware that the very most the GM's could do was send the suggestion up the chain of command.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Kurahl - Sanctuary
    Kurahl - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I had this discussion with a guildy the other day... The only way at the current time to customize fur color is illegal in the game b/c it manipulates files, and we don't want to violate the rules, but is it too much to ask to change fur color? And the main reason why I chose Tiger was because it would urk me to no end if I were something else and still changed into a tiger!!! I hope you guys really consider this, it really would add so much to the depth of the game play through individual preferences... and I'm sure that people would come up with fantastic customizations. Please add this GMs!!!
  • Silverqt - Heavens Tear
    Silverqt - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i would have to agree yes but should be venos too im tired of seeing same ol looks from maly to here :) maybe a new set of ears and just not fox be nice to change like for me ima bat to change into a bat :) that be cool
  • ArchLegion - Sanctuary
    ArchLegion - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    raugaj wrote: »
    I had thought that a Tiger Barb should transform into a tiger. Panda into panda and etc.
    `Raugaj`

I agree with Raugaj, I have a Wolf Barb. and I would like to transform into a Wolf instead of a Tiger for my Trans.
  • MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Barbs have such a limited amount of customization to the them compared to other classed. I think it would add more variety to the game to have different animals running around. There are blade masters that look like little green men but with barbs all you can really alter is the size of their head. Customization is supposed to be a major plus for the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ixthus
    ixthus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I always thought that it also seemed odd that Barbs also had no skill to accomodate claws. I wanted to be a Tiger and and rip my prey to pieces with my claws in a bloodlust... hey I know it may sound stupid, but to me it seems that a tiger or lion for that matter should have some kind of claw skill.
    Just a thought.
  • ixthus
    ixthus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I forgot to mention or clarify that I was speaking of Fist Weapon Claws in particular. Sorry for the ommission.
  • Kurtbeast - Heavens Tear
    Kurtbeast - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have a Wolf Barb. and I would like to transform into a Wolf instead of a Tiger for my Trans.[/QUOTE]

i have a wolf barb and i think it would be nice to turn into a wolf aswell all gl with this confo
    thxs
  • mightyknight
    mightyknight Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    from other games i hear that gm's arent developers of the game, they just, manage it. developers- not gm's are the ones that actually change the game. gm's usually show these things to the devs, thoough.
    homeless people will eat ur face.b:shocked
  • enchained
    enchained Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    it would be a wonderful idea even if they would let us choose the colour of the fur like u could be a white tiger or black tiger or pink... that would give a big variety of colour. one for main and one for stripes it would be funnier and we wouldnt be "clones" like all tiger all pandas etc
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think this would be great! I'd be happy with fur colors, even if you couldn't change secondary things like stripes. Just SOMETHING. But I would love to have tails, and animal forms for the presets, especially if you could have the humanoid and animal forms the same fur colors. Also, this might be too much to ask, but what if you could choose the preset for animal form at the beginning? Maybe you want Tiger for humanoid, since it's more damage dealer, but panda for tank form. Or have the different animals be different skills, and have different ups and downs, like wolf would be DD, panda tank, etc. Probably too much to ask, though. I think we might have a chance getting these changes, as I have seen MANY boards like this, so there's obviously a lot of people who would like it. The only reason it wouldn't work is because they'd have to do it for venos, and demon venos would have to have wings and people would complain if they couldn't fly with wings.
  • raugaj
    edited January 2009
    Hey guy's! I've been reading the responses and I must say that there have been some great idea's! Fur color is definitely a must that we need changed and tails are just fun!
    Now I know a lot of us have been saying that Veno's wouldn't be able to get this type of change because they would be able to fly at lvl 9 or so, well I think that I MAY have found a slight solution. The general idea is that the "demon" preset veno is a bat, however could we not change this to a sort of hell hound with bat like ears? Ridiculous as it sounds it would be A) A nice change in the format of Veno appearance and it also allows for the Veno's to be added to this forums as another Untamed class who wish to have further changes!
    The same concept can be applied to those who choose rabbit set or any variation like that.

I see above that you would like even further additions in a way to choose not only color and such but also a preselected form for when we transform in True Form. I DO like the idea, but for the most part I'd like to be easy on the GM's XD and just simplify our choices down to fur color, increased customization, and a TRUE 'True Form".

Once again I THANK EVERYBODY!!! FOR ALL SUGGESTIONS AND IDEA'S TO THIS FORUM AND THIS COMMUNITY!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! HAPPY GAMING!! :D
  • itachii888
    itachii888 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wre panda xD looks funny but the wolf soudns good some pples whos ar enow started you have wolf pictur but you ar e a whtie tiger xD
  • Hidaru_Areum - Heavens Tear
    Hidaru_Areum - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I pitched the same idea to my guild and everyone agreed. We would all love the variety. Lol we already think this is the best game ever and if this change occured it would be even better. Also if the change was incorporated into the game, the venomancers and barbarians that have been playing for a long time should get customization time added back to their characters instead of buying a makeover scroll because it wouldnt be fair that the new players that join the game get all the customization and the veteran players would have to pay for it.