Heaven (Sage) vs Hell (Demon)

Comments

• BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wanna thank Devoted and Lily about making me reconsider my 89 choice. I am going demon as well. b:laugh

Ty guys. b:thanks

Only if u can tell me how to beat LA clerics.... b:shocked Cause since now I was hoping to beat them with sage better range...
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wanna thank Devoted and Lily about making me reconsider my 89 choice.

I do not care to go into my reasons, because some of them are PvP oriented (I will never get rid of my blue name, but I might need to engage in PvP again). But I have reconsidered my 89 choices, several times, when I was reading this thread. And, I am still going Heaven.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I do not care to go into my reasons, because some of them are PvP oriented (I will never get rid of my blue name, but I might need to engage in PvP again). But I have reconsidered my 89 choices, several times, when I was reading this thread. And, I am still going Heaven.

I changed my mind many times 1-89 ad finally decided to go hell at lvl88. My advice to you is to get a windcatcher at lv 88 +4/5 (as this is the equivalent of a +2/3 90hh) then go try and kill a 9x who doesnt fail at their class. This should show you archer damage is low, we cant kill anything without crit it is the air we breath. Why choose the path that deprives you of the basic advantage of our class.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Governator - Lost City
    Governator - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I changed my mind many times 1-89 ad finally decided to go hell at lvl88. My advice to you is to get a windcatcher at lv 88 +4/5 (as this is the equivalent of a +2/3 90hh) then go try and kill a 9x who doesnt fail at their class. This should show you archer damage is low, we cant kill anything without crit it is the air we breath. Why choose the path that deprives you of the basic advantage of our class.

QFT. b:chuckle
    MOAR PLANS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because we can.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We Clerics got more metal attacks than you do and nice one sorry to our brothern of Archers.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    qft. B:chuckle

Omfg He Followed Me To Archer Forums
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

I am not very comfortable with your advice.

I already have problems killing 9x characters. Also, in my experience I do not fight other players solo. Or, if I am solo, I they need not be solo.

So... if I understand you properly... I should spend lots of coins and buy a bow I had no plans for and little interest in so I can find out I need better gear and better skills and because I will be discovering this, I should change my plans for spiritual cultivation?

I...

I should thank you for putting together this plan, for me. But I am afraid I will probably decline.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    @ Fleuri

the windcatcher has the basic bonus that many argue sage for (the +range),
    that was his point to test that range and see what you will gain and how meaningless it is, his suggestion was to spend some coin to prevent you from making a nonreversable change in your character that he suggests you will be dissatisfied with, my god how horrible.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you aren't going to pvp much it doesn't matter really what culti you choose. Where as if you play this game, level and farm just for pvping then choice of culti becomes a lot more important. So also base your decision off what your goals will be and how you want to play the rest of the game. I know I would hate to regret it after I wasted 89 levels.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    @ Fleuri

the windcatcher has the basic bonus that many argue sage for (the +range),
    that was his point to test that range and see what you will gain and how meaningless it is, his suggestion was to spend some coin to prevent you from making a nonreversable change in your character that he suggests you will be dissatisfied with, my god how horrible.

Ok, I appreciate how people want to save me from feeling I have wasted my character. But most of my PvP experience has been in TW and I feel sage has some important advantages in TW.

But, windcatcher would give me a fraction of one sage benefit, and I do not feel windcatcher would make me feel like I was playing a sage.
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ty devoted for the guide.

I feel it is a bit one sided, but again personal opinion.

Just wanted some things cleared out.

1. How hard is it to acquire the key skills. (heard demon quickshot is extremly rare, cost like 50M to buy )

2. With the possiblity of acquiring books at an average, which do u think will be the better option.

Demon is better from what you have argued but is it "feasible" is all i want to know.

btw how many of the demon skills do u have ?
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    while im not 99, i am a bit more average then a 99 player, and id have to say aquiring the books is kinda the suck, farming hell fb99 is not hard, doable with a pretty average squad takes <1 hour, did in about 45 minutes with some higher lvls in the squad (pro higher lvl squad id assume could but it down to about half an hour) its basically the last boss has a 10% chance to drop A SINGLE book, which can be one of about 96 books ( spanned across the 6 classes and demon/sage) of course the fb is wined (40 of each special grade so everyone helps pitch in its not so bad 7 of each mat per person) cleric will of course burn some mana charm and the drop rate can be quite discouraging, so for a average player the likelihood of acquiring the skills you want is somewhat meager, for a more dedicated player with a group of more dedicated people to run the FB a few times a day for weeks on end it is quite possible to get some of the skills, of course it comes down to dedication and luck where i know people that have done 20 and even 32 runs straight no book, but also got a 2 books and 2 capes back to back

of course then there are the other skill books from cube 90+, arena(not implemented), and cube again 96+ , which do seem fairly feasible,

on a note of the books related to cube at 90+ there are the 5? or w/e for archer and runninng cube daily i have easily gotten a page of fate daily towards the goal of 30 for a random one of the 5 99 books
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So if you were to start a new account and try to get books fast.

How would you do it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You can base your chose off certain options.

Stop at 90:

Take Aim
    Blazing Arrow
    Frost Arrow
    Triple Fury

My choice: hell for the triple fury

Don't totally quit but play a bit more casually:

Take Aim
    Blazing Arrow
    Frost Arrow
    Triple Fury
    Thunderous Blast
    Deadly Shot
    Sharpened Tooth Arrow
    Barrage of Arrows
    Stormrage Eagleon (ew)

Thunder Shock
    Aim Low
    Stunning Arrow
    Bow Mastery
    Serrated Arrow
    Wingspan

The ones in italics are from 30 pages of fate (get cube room 50 for 1 page at level 90+ chosen at random.)

The ones in bold are from old pages of fate (get from wushu tournament or from cube at 96+)

My choice: hell again - fury, zhen, sharptooth, stun.. etc

There are only a few books that have to be farmed currently (ie. quickshot)
    but when mysterious pages come out you can get every skill without farming fb99.
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    one question, so you can obtain both page of fate and old pages in cube 96+? or im just a bit confused >__<
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    one question, so you can obtain both page of fate and old pages in cube 96+? or im just a bit confused >__<

Yes you can.

You get pages of fate from room 50 at 90+, at 96+ u still get pages of fate but u can also get book credits from the rooms 50+ 10 of them makes an old book page and u need 20 old books pages for a 92 skill. You can get a max of 9 book credits per day i would say the average is 6 tho
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And I quote from Devoted, "I don't detect any bias in this thread. Continue."b:cute
  • oromish
    oromish Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Devoted speaks the truth.
    Follow his guide or stay a mediocre archer.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    And I quote from Devoted, "I don't detect any bias in this thread. Continue."b:cute
    Please please please argue against all of my points. Talking with people is way better than writing a guide. If someone were to read this guide I'm sure they would learn a lot more from the points other people raise and the arguments people provide against said points.

qq missqq.
  • Rhokia - Harshlands
    Rhokia - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well that was the longest post ive ever seen. not that i took the time to acualy read all of that... but wow you must have alot of time (or are a reallly fast typer. I did see the part about the bacon axes though =)
    If at first you dont succeed; redefine success.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well that was the longest post ive ever seen. not that i took the time to acualy read all of that... but wow you must have alot of time (or are a reallly fast typer. I did see the part about the bacon axes though =)

WQ -> alt+tab
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    still waiting for the upcoming rants, you slacker.
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    do you want to talk about evasion builds? or should I
  • unbiased
    unbiased Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    From this post, I can see there is a massive lack in common sense in the archer community.

I thought most of this was self explanatory. I feel bad for Yoshiki and friends who went heaven and then leveled extremely high. What a waste of a character + parents money :\ .
  • Scoped - Lost City
    Scoped - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the guide gonna help me a lot since im currently the worlds worst archer :(
  • nvr
    nvr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Very entertaining read....

I for one and very new to this game and am very pleased to have read this to prevent me from making a huge mistake later on.

Much appreciated man.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    still waiting for the upcoming rants, you slacker.

I'm playing again and too cool to fly wq so it might be a while xD
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The OP is mad..and is right in being mad..

All he said is like blessing.