Options

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well there was a post in the veno sub board saying for sparks:
    Spark Eruption (lvl89 0spirit, 0coins)
    Celestial Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 900% extra magic attack and 500% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.
    Demonic Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 700% extra magic attack and 650% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.

wouldnt demon spark be more beneficial to an archer >_>?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=233332 <- dead post where everything was mentioned.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, thank you both for the correction. That does change things. Actually, looking through it, Ecatomb seems like it's probably off on all it's spark descriptions (celestial mage spark adds to physical attack only?). It's also good to know that my archer actually will be dropping enemies like flies at that level.

Tear: Veno spark needs to cover both physical and magical attack because Venos could go foxform (physical attack based) or caster (magical damage based). I'm quite sure archer spark only adds to physical attack, whether you go heaven or hell, as to do anything else would be stupid. I guess the only difference between them is +25% dmg reduction for heaven vs +25% attack speed for hell?
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I do not like getting into discussions like this, so I will probably not be responding when people tell me how stupid I am...

Also, I will not be taking part in any discussion of skills because I feel I can not trust ecatomb and because I have no personal experience with celestial skills.

However, Devoted, in your initial rant, you argue heaven archers should not use frost arrow because they would be wasting chi, and then you argue demon archers do not need much chi. I am sort of confused here -- was chi important or irrelevant?

Meanwhile, I think heaven archers will do poorly if they try fighting like they were hell archers, and I think hell archers would have similar problems if they try fighting like they were heaven archers. And, in essence, you were comparing heaven and hell archers on how well they will do using hell archer tactics and gear. And you were totally correct: heaven archers would fail.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What's the point ? I don't like Hell, first cause I prefer Heaven, second because fairy is ugly, third just because I wanna do it and you'll have more rage.

I mean, if ppl want to go to heaven, why will you stop thems ? We do what we want.

Good arguments. I'm not stopping anyone, I'm stating my ideas for people to consider/debate. Your arguments are terrible to be honest. If you go heaven cause the hell fairy is ugly I'm sure you are blue name for life.
    Devoted:
    Fair enough, though you may want to specify this is for PvP when posting a general guide/flame on a non-server-specific forum (especially when you generalize to all PWI in the thread title). Other than that, you've basically provided a detailed explanation to one half of every Heaven/Hell guide on every class-forum I've ever seen: Hell pwns in PvP, Heaven usually Pwns in PvE.
    I see where you are coming from. My guide is obviously incomplete and I just added that part first. I'll focus on PvE stuff too and I'll be sure to label the current part as Heaven vs Hell for PVP when I organize everything.
    One quick question, though. As I'm sure even PvP archers have to do their FBs, TTs, and bosses and such, do you find all that critical from the Hell path makes you more likely to steal aggro? If not, what lvl tanks do you take those bosses at? Do you only use regular attacks? Do you space even those attacks out more than normal? Do you avoid the high-critical skills (though some of those are passive bonuses)?
    By the time you are even able to obtain the skills for sage/demon anything you will be farming will have a high level werebeast. If the werebeast can tank properly you should never take agro. For TT either a hercules or werebeast tanks and since herc doesn't get the damage reduction and has reflect, agro isn't a problem. In terms of FB's with a herc tanking, it's best to sharptooth and wait till the herc has done sufficient damage then attack. Always use normal attacks after sharptooth. If anything the extra 10% damage from heaven blazing arrow would be more likely to steal agro (still doesn't happen)

Tear: The effects of sparking vary depending on class. It would make no sense to give archers a bonus to magic attack, as they never use it. Even their magic damage spells are based off their physical attack, not magic. From Ecatomb, the difference for archers is:

Celestial Spark: Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum MP, acquire 700% extra physical attack from weapons for 15 seconds, and reduce all damage taken by 25%. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

Demon: Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum HP, add 500% weapon damage and increase attack speed by 25% for 15 seconds. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

Demon gives less of a damage boost, but gives an attack speed increase instead of damage reduction. Honestly, since all archers seem to say you only use skills in PvP (which aren't effected by attack speed), I'd go for Celestial being better for PvP on this one. Still, I doubt it's enough to outweigh all the Demon PvP advantages. For grinding (if anyone uses sparks for grinding), which is better entirely depends on how you play (if you ever get hit, the 25% dmg reduction is tempting, and the +200% weapon attack is always nice, while most archers prefer to not be hit at all, and may take the bonus to attack speed between their few grinding skills). For bosses, I'm honestly not sure which would be better. If you're tanking a low-lvl boss, that dmg reduction is tempting, but otherwise sparking at all seems like it would risk more aggro.

This I'm not 100% sure of and I would need a heaven archer to confirm but I think they are both 500% and sage reduces damage while hell increases attack speed. You are right that in PvP usually skills are always used so attack speed becomes pointless but with hell spark the damage is so high and the attack speed is so fast it's usually better to just normal attack on anything non-heavy and use metal attacks on heavies.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I do not like getting into discussions like this, so I will probably not be responding when people tell me how stupid I am...

Also, I will not be taking part in any discussion of skills because I feel I can not trust ecatomb and because I have no personal experience with celestial skills.

However, Devoted, in your initial rant, you argue heaven archers should not use frost arrow because they would be wasting chi, and then you argue demon archers do not need much chi. I am sort of confused here -- was chi important or irrelevant?

Meanwhile, I think heaven archers will do poorly if they try fighting like they were hell archers, and I think hell archers would have similar problems if they try fighting like they were heaven archers. And, in essence, you were comparing heaven and hell archers on how well they will do using hell archer tactics and gear. And you were totally correct: heaven archers would fail.

Saying wasting chi on frost arrow and then saying demon archers do not need chi does sound contradictory the way I said it so I'll rephrase it.
    Demon archers aren't extremely chi dependent because of the skills they use in pvp. You can pvp without using excessive amounts of chi as an archer. Basically introducing frost arrow in PvP increases the amount of chi an archer uses in pvp which isn't necessary. Although archers aren't heavily chi dependent they still need to be wise with their use of it.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Would love to see this stickied, so that we the archer community can forever wear "We are terrible" as our badge of pride b:thanks
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Would love to see this stickied, so that we the archer community can forever wear "We are terrible" as our badge of pride b:thanks

Only know of terrible archers on lost city and harshlands. Maybe heaven's tear knows how to roll. b:mischievous
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    put the next part already >.<
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rofl i agree with Devoted on this...people telling me sage is better cause of def n ****...im lioke...im an archer...the point isnt to take damage...its to dish it ou fast enougrh whatever you hit falls before it gets to you...

i actually considered sage at one point because someone told me the wrong skill bonuses (i think they reversed or used another version or something)
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    NEXT PART NEXT PART NEXT PART!!!!...cmonb:cry
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yep Devoted you take **** from ecatomb, and pretend you know everything
    nub
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    missqq wrote: »
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

And yet, not one looks like a tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    idk devoted sounds fiesty, the kind of man/woman i like >_>; be a badass to them fail little ****!
  • Hametsu - Heavens Tear
    Hametsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If the werebeast can tank properly you should never take agro.

You should write a guide for them, because there are far too many crappy wbs out there.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i dont believe thats true actually
    a good archer will always take aggro from a wb thats on ur lvl even if its the single best tank wb u can find. the amount of dmg and crits an archer gets is just to much for a wb. of course if we are talking about [?] bosses with their stupid 75% dmg reduction then thats a different story. (this is under the assumption the archer does not wait before attacking and does not watch his/her dmg and pause at time)
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Hametsu - Heavens Tear
    Hametsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There's a few barbs who I generally don't steal aggro from, who are within a few levels of me. But I've run with a few who lose aggro on almost every mob.

My comment was in reference to those barbs who have underlevelled skills, or try to tank bosses while not in tiger form, or repeatedly let the lurer die because they can't keep up.

In general, a good tank should be able to keep a mob or boss from attacking my crappy archer.
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    tbh i might as well pitch in, Rofocal on HT does a dam good job in keeping aggro tanking

edit: might wanna add on too... dam good job on the hell argument =) guess this has gotten my motivation to lvl again haha
  • KwanYing - Heavens Tear
    KwanYing - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mhmm, ok, nice Guide, but....
    Demon... only way to go ?
    awww, thats right, everyone must be the same.
    You see 20 Archer, same Skills, Demon, same Equip, same, same, same.
    No variations allowed ?
    Same Archer are very happy with a vit/Hybrid Build or whatever ^^

I don't think a Sage Archer is Fail, it's a personal choice.
    And i choose Sage when the times come ^^
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Devoted... don't you think that sage archer is much better for jumping than demon archer? He has more range and has longer stun + aim low and if he is good enough at lvls 89 + must have about 27 -28 % even without going demon.

And don't u think 10 secs for better crit are not so much to rely on. And don't u think 6 secs for attack speed are not much to rely on since every sage archer can stun u for almost 5 secs and *** up your attack speed boost.

Although your point is good...just wanna ask this cause many ppls have told me that sage archers are the best for jumping.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Devoted... don't you think that sage archer is much better for jumping than demon archer? He has more range and has longer stun + aim low and if he is good enough at lvls 89 + must have about 27 -28 % even without going demon.

And don't u think 10 secs for better crit are not so much to rely on. And don't u think 6 secs for attack speed are not much to rely on since every sage archer can stun u for almost 5 secs and *** up your attack speed boost.

Although your point is good...just wanna ask this cause many ppls have told me that sage archers are the best for jumping.

Midnight is a sage archer.

lol but seriously, sage archer can stun you for 4.5 seconds if you hit the 50% attack speed bonus but quickshot has such a short cooldown you can cast it again. 27% isnt enough compared to a hell archer as a hell archer will always have the 10% bonus up from sharptooth or stun. The heaven aim low is actually better but it's only a 25% chance to seal the enemy for 2 seconds longer. The only time range is a factor is if you and the enemy are flying towards each other head on. It doesn't always happen and in tw and group pvp you won't notice the range. It's good for grinding tho.
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You are in pvp server - you are much more experienced at pvp than me. I admit it. b:thanks
    But...I want to go sage for 1 only reason - as I said - jumping.
    Don't u think that if u get jumped by a sage archer and if he doesn't miss his stun + aim low you won't be able to hit him at all even if I don't seal u - you will be out of range...and another thing - LA clerics....I hate them - they are almost impossible to be beaten. All they have to do is shield - cyclone - sleep - debuff- tempest... b:shocked
    Don't u think that sage archer has better chance to beat LA clerics (I am talking about jumping only).
    If not - how do u beat LA clerics?
    And those 27 - 28 % crit - they are not as many as demon archer have - All I am saying is that they are enough for the time that aim low and stunnig gives u to kill your opponent. How do u think.

And u didn't answer me - demon strength is based on time (10sec, 6 sec, 15 sec) during that time you can be sealed, stunned, slept, ect....

TY in advance. b:thanks

and btw - who is midnight? :)
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • KwanYing - Heavens Tear
    KwanYing - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-o3QUzPtaU b:dirty
    Hope is the right one xD
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mhmm, ok, nice Guide, but....
    Demon... only way to go ?
    awww, thats right, everyone must be the same.
    You see 20 Archer, same Skills, Demon, same Equip, same, same, same.
    No variations allowed ?
    Same Archer are very happy with a vit/Hybrid Build or whatever ^^

I don't think a Sage Archer is Fail, it's a personal choice.
    And i choose Sage when the times come ^^

I understand. I'm not trying to convert every archer I'm just bringing up my opinions for other people who might have overlooked them. You haven't really provided any reason why heaven is better except for the fact you don't want to be like all the other cookie-cutter archer builds. The last person that said this to me uses this bow.
    Being unique is acceptable, just do it right.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Nice guide, long yet detailed with examples to back up. It would be near perfect if it werent for the constant belittlement statements put in here and there in the paragraphs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Q_Q

I have to agree that hell archer is superior. So many of the skills like stun, quickshoot and sharptooth gives chance of critical add on. And as an archer u dont have any crazy powerfull skills, u rely on crits and attack speed to kill ppl. No crits and u cant even tick someones charm endgame unless their a badly geared out wiz. Which is why heaven is very ****, every skill gives fking chi, for wut? Not like archers have 3 ultis that need chi so u can 1 shoot chunks of ppl using triple spark.

And how often u use barrage in any pvp beside TW. If i could change to hell i would gladly do so since im sage which is like a pve archer that works in HH lol. Sadly i was kinda dumb when i hit lvl 89, i really didn't plan to lvl after 90+ at all. I picked sage since i felt that the first 3 additional skills at lvl 89 is slightly better for sage than demon. Never thought u would be able to get a full skill set-up on this server this fast. So i was like, w/e i wont get any 99 skills so better go sage than. Specially after playing on MY-en for over a year and they still didn't have any 99 skills.

I guess with the anti-stun from genies sage archer might have some pvp purpose, u can zhen 4ever in TW with the 33% dmg reduction lol. Beside that they're really only usefully to make HH bosses die a bit faster.

And NO sage frost arrow does not **** heavy armor if anyone actually was dumb enough to think that. It does shiet dmg. Its useful if all metal skills are on cooldown and maybe its good in Dragon palace when everyone is water debuffed by mobs ^_^.

And no sage take aim does not 1 shoot robes unless u use fury burst and they're like 10 lvls below u and your weapon is +12. And most of the time take aim miss anyway.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ok I need a way to put your post at #1 instead of mine lily. That post basically sums up everything I have tried to say perfectly. Not only that but it's coming from a 99 heaven archer so it isn't as biased as I am. Thank you ^^

I also attempted to talk about builds, I need to change a lot.. I don't like it =.=
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    really only thing i like about heaven is +50chi per 1 min

but archers have no 1 skill that does enormous dmg like every other class

we rely on crits and alot to kill other classes

p.s. y make a thread for this ^^, could it be the fail and large # of archers
    in Harshlands?

no more Dots in pvp guysb:surrender cough*Stick,latin,alot of 3x fightin bac b:chuckle
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Careful Devoted... you're beginning to sound like me... your later replies lack the "STFUGTFO" that we've come to love.
    b:sad
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Q_Q

I have to agree that hell archer is superior. So many of the skills like stun, quickshoot and sharptooth gives chance of critical add on. And as an archer u dont have any crazy powerfull skills, u rely on crits and attack speed to kill ppl. No crits and u cant even tick someones charm endgame unless their a badly geared out wiz. Which is why heaven is very ****, every skill gives fking chi, for wut? Not like archers have 3 ultis that need chi so u can 1 shoot chunks of ppl using triple spark.

And how often u use barrage in any pvp beside TW. If i could change to hell i would gladly do so since im sage which is like a pve archer that works in HH lol. Sadly i was kinda dumb when i hit lvl 89, i really didn't plan to lvl after 90+ at all. I picked sage since i felt that the first 3 additional skills at lvl 89 is slightly better for sage than demon. Never thought u would be able to get a full skill set-up on this server this fast. So i was like, w/e i wont get any 99 skills so better go sage than. Specially after playing on MY-en for over a year and they still didn't have any 99 skills.

I guess with the anti-stun from genies sage archer might have some pvp purpose, u can zhen 4ever in TW with the 33% dmg reduction lol. Beside that they're really only usefully to make HH bosses die a bit faster.

And NO sage frost arrow does not **** heavy armor if anyone actually was dumb enough to think that. It does shiet dmg. Its useful if all metal skills are on cooldown and maybe its good in Dragon palace when everyone is water debuffed by mobs ^_^.

And no sage take aim does not 1 shoot robes unless u use fury burst and they're like 10 lvls below u and your weapon is +12. And most of the time take aim miss anyway.

Its okay lily even tho u have crappy crit i still love you b:cute.

Nice additions devoted might wanna give some numbers in the build section tho i did a few posts like a month ago with fairly accurate numbers based of our hp per vit and damage per dex with my weapon. Might also want to mention in heaven/hell that with +12 8jun hell passive has 18.5k max pattack and heaven has 19.2k max pattack which is a 700 difference so virtually nothing.

About hell not relying on those crit buffs from sharp/stun. I have both sharptooth AND stunnning arrow hell(got stun today b:dirty) the crit buff activates whether u hit or miss so the minute u press the skill u have that crit increase. You can use sharp and stun separately or jus use one i.e. sharp crit buff lasts 15 secs and the skill cd is 15 secs whatever u do in pvp or pve a hell archer will ALWAYS have +10% crit. In fact if anyone asks me my crit rate i would just say 39% because whether im grinding or killing people that is what it is.

Quick note the crit buffs do not replace each other so if u use one the time will not be extended by using the other which can be a problem if u start with stun as u will have 5 secs without the buff but is no problem if u start with sharptooth. Its always better to start ith sharptooth anyway unless the target is running as the skill removes the hp AND THEN does the damage so its like ur doing skill damage+16% hp. Also other classes have crit buffs the main one being hell wb attack buff gives 5% crit for 1 minute nd as crit buffs do not replace each other u are stuck with 5% crit instead of ur usual 10. I only know of one wb who has this skill ad thats God_Evil so i always tell him not to rebuff me attack buff until its about to run out.

EDIT: dev copy lily's post then paste it into ur original post and manually turn it into a qoute (have to type summin like [/QOUTE]) then do a reference to the page number that lily posted it on
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama