Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Options

Comments

• Solitario - Lost City
    Solitario - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Safety Lock make a lots of problems for players that lime me english is not the firt language i thing is very but becose anyone that get your acount can change and you are the one that will be whiout playing SAFETY LOCK IS NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA.b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • xmidknight
    xmidknight Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well Basically..
    My Misses Is An Idiot.

She set the safety lock for 1 Hour, not knowing what it was.
    Now everytime she d/c's it resets so she cant sell anything for an hour..
    Its kinda frustrating because she keeps mourning -_-;;

If someone could giv me some info or a solution to this problem id be much greatful.

~ Thanks In Advance
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Try clicking on the lock and see if you can change the numbers in it.
  • xmidknight
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It tells me that the timer will be changed after a 3 day period.
    But still that only applies the 1 minute minimum.
    I want to completely remove this setting.

~ Thanks
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xmidknight wrote: »
    It tells me that the timer will be changed after a 3 day period.
    But still that only applies the 1 minute minimum.
    I want to completely remove this setting.

~ Thanks

READ THIS!!!

And it does take 72 hrs to reset....you have to wait it out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • xmidknight
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Cheers ;)
    Was Hoping There Was An Easier Way.. Guess Not :(
    Thanks.
  • Suicidallyme - Sanctuary
    Suicidallyme - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I never even noticed there was a safety lock function lol. But I like the idea of it. I lock my iPod whenever I turn it off so that even if someone else gets it they have to wrack their brain on the code till they get home and use the computer to unlock it lol. I'll probably use the safety lock function now. IF you locked yourself out of your own account it's your own fault and your just as stupid as someone who locks their keys in their car...IF you don't know what something does...Don't do it!
    My signature is totally original!~<3
  • schwarze7
    schwarze7 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    close:-)......
  • maronar
    maronar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i had the character lock on here IS HOW TO FIX IT

when you log on you may want to change the time everytime because its not working and goes back to whatever you put but dont do that it resets your 3 days just set it one to 1 minute or whatever you want and leave it if you get kicked off DONT change it next time you log on just rough it out after 72 hours your time will be back to 1 minute i promise it will kick you off the game when the 72 hours pass then enjoy the freedom of being able to empty your inventory

thanks you so much for ur advice ive had the same problemb:pleased if u wud like to add me im called maronar
  • snip3s
    snip3s Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wow guys....you need to learn how to read lol.

I do agree it is a pretty stupid feature though.
    For this to work properly, you would want your safety lock set to a high timer, all the time. Who the hell would do that?
    Lets say someone does **** your account...somehow.
    You would want the lock set to like 10 hours. However, this means you would also have to deal with it being set to 10 hours. Changing it is stupid, cause last time i checked, a hacker doesnt call you on the phone and tell you your about to be ****.
    Mine is always set to 1 minute.
    Am i all of the sudden going to get a "random feeling" that someone is going to **** me in 3 days and 1 minute, and change my lock to something higher?

hahaha.

Something much more useful would be a PIN number, like Requiem uses.
    After you log in, in order to actually start playing with a character, you need to enter in a 4 digit PIN using the MOUSE only. AND, each time u click a number, the rest of the numbers randomly scramble, so a computer program could never crack it, seeing as the numbers are always in a different place.
    ^^That, is brilliant.

Safety lock = fail.
    Nice concept, poorly executed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have been having issues with this as well but read it all.It was support who directed me to this thead.I thought this was for PKing so your stuff doesn't fall out of your inventory as I set mine for 10hrs and 5 min.

I would just like to Know one thing do you cleck close the green x or click on the lock agian to close it?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • xenju4324
    xenju4324 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wow people are so smart cant believe this i have to wait 73 hours that is 72 hours of lvling i could have got in but no you all have a stupid **** poff thing that wouldnt even work omg u are so smart i gz u on all ur smarts like it was said in a previous post the only why u wouldnt get **** is if u keep it on like 24 hrs so that means if u put it on 1min guess what ALL THE HACKER HAS TO DO IS WAIT ONE MIN TO DO WHAT EVER HE WANTS geez smartest people work for this game first day playing and it already blows
  • xenju4324
    xenju4324 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I never even noticed there was a safety lock function lol. But I like the idea of it. I lock my iPod whenever I turn it off so that even if someone else gets it they have to wrack their brain on the code till they get home and use the computer to unlock it lol. I'll probably use the safety lock function now. IF you locked yourself out of your own account it's your own fault and your just as stupid as someone who locks their keys in their car...IF you don't know what something does...Don't do it!

wow bro everyone locks there keys in the car once or twice it happens ur mind get off somewhere else or just not on what it needs to be. just because somepeople dont read englishy very good does that mean there stupid for playing a foren game wow ur the one that sounds stupid
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Please keep your posts civil. Seriously.

This thread is here to help users, not to pick on anyone.

thanks! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • maronar
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ummm...does it matter if ur pc is switched off????
  • maronar
    edited April 2009
    Options
    snip3s wrote: »
    Wow guys....you need to learn how to read lol.

I do agree it is a pretty stupid feature though.
    For this to work properly, you would want your safety lock set to a high timer, all the time. Who the hell would do that?
    Lets say someone does **** your account...somehow.
    You would want the lock set to like 10 hours. However, this means you would also have to deal with it being set to 10 hours. Changing it is stupid, cause last time i checked, a hacker doesnt call you on the phone and tell you your about to be ****.
    Mine is always set to 1 minute.
    Am i all of the sudden going to get a "random feeling" that someone is going to **** me in 3 days and 1 minute, and change my lock to something higher?

hahaha.

Something much more useful would be a PIN number, like Requiem uses.
    After you log in, in order to actually start playing with a character, you need to enter in a 4 digit PIN using the MOUSE only. AND, each time u click a number, the rest of the numbers randomly scramble, so a computer program could never crack it, seeing as the numbers are always in a different place.
    ^^That, is brilliant.

Safety lock = fail.
    Nice concept, poorly executed.
    omg awesome idea, i wouldnt had thought of that b:thanks
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hopefully this graphic loads right for you all. It shows you how the Safety Lock function works, and it explains how to NOT set it up.

It takes effort to implement it, it is not a quick 1 or 2 click process to accidentally do.

mjcjzmlvhk.jpg

I want to go over this one more time as in SS it say if you use the close green x you are backing out.How do you close it once you have done all the steps?I just logged out with it open as I had to reset it agian.

Solved
  • nightexcel
    nightexcel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    help, i dont know how unlock safety, i have 1 hour lock, and i cant change to 1min or unlock this!b:cry
  • Spearknight - Dreamweaver
    Spearknight - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wow i read several pages of this thread since the beginning and skipped to the very end. The same questions are being asked over and over again and are answered again and again... b:shocked
  • fragzkeff
    fragzkeff Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    why don't they just put on/off at it when u put it on u need to fill in ps and when u set it off just fill in ps and its off
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    That would defeat the purpose of protecting your account from keyloggers/hackers who have acquired your password.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• xxxbreeeeezz
    xxxbreeeeezz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hey ppl i've had a problem too with the safety lock thing but i've waited like 3 days and when I loggin the saftey lock is always set on 24 hours.... Can somebody help me with that? Isn't there a warning when i loggin for waiting 3 daays?? thx
  • dankie
    dankie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    That would defeat the purpose of protecting your account from keyloggers/hackers who have acquired your password.

Hi there, I did what everybody said to do but my lock didn't reset after 3 days and I DIDN'T touch it after I reset it the first time. What now?
    b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Please see this post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=581091&postcount=1

Set it back to 1 minute (that means 60 seconds), then confirm it. Then Log Off. Do not go back in and reset it.

If you can not resist the urge to go back in and tinker with it again (which will make the time start back over to 72 hours), or you think someone might log in to your account and mess with stuff (which anyone else SHOULD NOT be on your account), then don't even boot up the game for 3-4 days.

If you still have issues, send a ticket to Customer Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hey ppl i've had a problem too with the safety lock thing but i've waited like 3 days and when I loggin the saftey lock is always set on 24 hours.... Can somebody help me with that? Isn't there a warning when i loggin for waiting 3 daays?? thx
    Do you keep openning the lock when it keeps flickering if so that is your problem.You have to reset it confrim it and log out for say 30 min then log back in and don't touch the lock leave it alone.I know it must be pain being 24hrs that you can't do anything just go out and kill things and pick up the coin drops.

You could alternatively go and play on another server untill the 72 hrs has passed to have some fun.
  • xtigrerrax
    xtigrerrax Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks, this realy helped :3
  • Frenchboy - Lost City
    Frenchboy - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just so everyone knows THIS IS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER!My friend set it to 24 hours by accident, now he can't sell stuff or buy stuff for three days!b:angry
  • Varise - Heavens Tear
    Varise - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    best to leave mysterious setting in Ruhe
    Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.
    -Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
  • realprodigy
    realprodigy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i have this problem too, but with 12 hours, i wait the 12 hours put the safety in 1 min. and wtf log out log in and 12hours again!!!!!b:angry

any gm clear safety lock!!!!!!

can any explane in spanish or english if when the time is 0 and i change to safety to 1 min. i confirm in 1 min and log out for 3 dias?
  • phsycoassasin1
    phsycoassasin1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    im really mad i did all the things i said but honestly it doesn't work lo i tried waiting out the time period i get disconeccted o and i set it for 24 hours i change it back log out for 30mins and it resets itself to 24 hours again AND i didn't mess with with but it still resets to 24 hours help me plz i've had it on me since 1 week agob:angryb:b:angryb:shockedb:cry