Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    rezzi88 wrote: »
    I just want to stop by and thank you for your tips about the Blademaster..It have helped me alot :D.Ive just started playing PW 3 days ago and i love it :D. I loved the Blademaster immediately since I've been that character on the other games.But I just want to ask if 3 STR,1 VIT and 1 DEX is a bad build or is it alright?Please reply back to me.b:thanks

If you choose Axe/Hammer path, then your build is ok.
    my bm was my first char but i didn't read a guide till lvl 30 i think i messed up i lvled up all the skills you said not to should i make a new character or keep going =(?b:cry

Well, post your skills and their respective levels and we will see what can be done.
    redx4oe wrote: »
    Ok Great guide....
    Question at lvl 29 u get your weapons skill but if ur gonna be forced to change weapons all the time will u need to add skills all over the place to accommodate for them also.
    Understand that quest etc gives weapon rewards but aren't u allowed to choose?

You only have to choose one path: Axe/Hammer, Polearm, Sword/Blade or Fist/Claw.

Once you are in that path you only have to level the skills that belong to that kind of weapon.

You won't really use quest weapons anymore, past level 3x you start using your own crafted weapons, being them 2 or 3 stars, legendary or past level 60, twillight temple weapons.

So you will always be using the weapons that belong to your path, never will be forced to use any other path.
  • redx4oe
    redx4oe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You only have to choose one path: Axe/Hammer, Polearm, Sword/Blade or Fist/Claw.

Once you are in that path you only have to level the skills that belong to that kind of weapon.

You won't really use quest weapons anymore, past level 3x you start using your own crafted weapons, being them 2 or 3 stars, legendary or past level 60, twillight temple weapons.

So you will always be using the weapons that belong to your path, never will be forced to use any other path.

Ty for getting back 2 me i almost dumped BM for archer/Magic class because though u had to keep changing weapons..
  • Smexiiknight - Heavens Tear
    Smexiiknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    for example tiger maw is lvl 7 or 8 and all the other skills listed as not to get past lvl 1 are around the same lvl pretty much
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    1.- Post the whole list.
    2.- What weapon path are you?
    3.- How long did it took you to get to your current level?
    edited April 2009
    im an axe blademaster took me 5 days to get to lvl 30 cuz of help from guildies all my skills i have are....Draw Blood lvl-6
    Tiger Maw lvl-6
    Aeolian Blade lvl-3
    Stream strike lvl-1
    Drakes Raylvl-5
    Oceans Edgelvl-2
    Drakes Bashlvl-1
    Aura Of The Golden Bell lvl-4
    Roar Of Pride lvl-2
    Cloud Sprint lvl-3
    an thats all.......
    i hope i can keep my bm
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    im an axe blademaster took me 5 days to get to lvl 30 cuz of help from guildies all my skills i have are....Draw Blood lvl-6
    Tiger Maw lvl-6
    Aeolian Blade lvl-3
    Stream strike lvl-1
    Drakes Raylvl-5
    Oceans Edgelvl-2
    Drakes Bashlvl-1
    Aura Of The Golden Bell lvl-4
    Roar Of Pride lvl-2
    Cloud Sprint lvl-3
    an thats all.......
    i hope i can keep my bm
    Yes, you can keep it.

The only "bad" one is Tiger Maw (level 6), but since it is a low skill it won't really affect you later levels.

Just keep going and stop leveling the skills that are useless for you / you don't need.
    edited April 2009
    tysm i was scared lol
  • Cydonian - Sanctuary
    Cydonian - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So after reading this guide, which is obviously great as you surely know by now, I realized how important it'll be to redo my stats. I've used the reset scroll and have it all refunded to me but now I'm freezing up for fear that I'll misspend them and have to do it all again. Could I get some help with the number crunching?

I'm going heavy armor/swords so I need 5str/3dex every 2 levels and I'm level 22. What should I bump the stats up to? b:thanks
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    So after reading this guide, which is obviously great as you surely know by now, I realized how important it'll be to redo my stats. I've used the reset scroll and have it all refunded to me but now I'm freezing up for fear that I'll misspend them and have to do it all again. Could I get some help with the number crunching?

I'm going heavy armor/swords so I need 5str/3dex every 2 levels and I'm level 22. What should I bump the stats up to? b:thanks

At level 23 your stats should be:

STR - 60
    DEX - 38
    VIT - 22
    MAG - 5
  • homerho
    homerho Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Was wondering...
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    homerho To put it in very unsophisticated terms, the threat level is the perception OF you as held by the surrounding monsters. Monsters who think you're a threat "dislike" you. If they dislike you enough, or you become too big a threat, they will attack you. You can increase your threat level, presumably you have a separate threat level with every monster that encounters you, by doing things (to them) while in their vicinity.

If anyone want to add/amend, please do.

Now, to post my very own "not so noob-ish" issue.

I have a BM (currently level 23) who's been using Axes and Hammers, which is what I originally planned for him to use. Now I started using the Trial Scythe you get from FB19 and have noted that I do more damage and attack faster with it than with my 2star Silver Hammers.

I know it's supposed to do that and I have observed all the possible stat changes during weapon change and all that so I'm not going to ask the utter Muppet question.

Instead I was having a "pre-emptive fiddle" (no innuendo intended) with stat points on Excel, comparing stat division of both Hammer/Axe and Polearm ways.

I did this because I felt suddenly unsure about going the Hammer-way and wondered whether I should go for Polearm instead. Now I'm fretting because it might just be a passing fancy because of my using that shiny weapon. I suppose to find out I'd have to manufacture an equally shiny Dual axe or something in order to find out.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts on the subject you're invited to share.

ta
    Bats
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    homerho To put it in very unsophisticated terms, the threat level is the perception OF you as held by the surrounding monsters. Monsters who think you're a threat "dislike" you. If they dislike you enough, or you become too big a threat, they will attack you. You can increase your threat level, presumably you have a separate threat level with every monster that encounters you, by doing things (to them) while in their vicinity.

If anyone want to add/amend, please do.

Now, to post my very own "not so noob-ish" issue.

I have a BM (currently level 23) who's been using Axes and Hammers, which is what I originally planned for him to use. Now I started using the Trial Scythe you get from FB19 and have noted that I do more damage and attack faster with it than with my 2star Silver Hammers.

I know it's supposed to do that and I have observed all the possible stat changes during weapon change and all that so I'm not going to ask the utter Muppet question.

Instead I was having a "pre-emptive fiddle" (no innuendo intended) with stat points on Excel, comparing stat division of both Hammer/Axe and Polearm ways.

I did this because I felt suddenly unsure about going the Hammer-way and wondered whether I should go for Polearm instead. Now I'm fretting because it might just be a passing fancy because of my using that shiny weapon. I suppose to find out I'd have to manufacture an equally shiny Dual axe or something in order to find out.

ta
    Bats

When my BM was in that level range I had the same problem. The fact is that the BM fb 19 weapon is really good. I delayed my decision on a weapon path until i was like level 33 (and was still using that polearm; and i really wanted to make the correct decision for my playing style). I decided on the Hammer/Axe path.....and then.....i found a 3 star polehammer.....and i haven't looked back since. Fact is 3 star weapons rule. Go to action house. or Catshops. don't over pay. (this encourages price gougers) and get the best weapons you can for your level. I have found a good 3 star weapon with great add ons last you for about 10 levels....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited April 2009

ta
    Bats

As AdvanceZero said, the FB19 Poleblade is a very good weapon, reason why most of us used it up to level 3x-40.

You can't really compare it to any other weapon until the 3x levels where most people change it for a Legendary/3 stars weapon of their desired weapon path.

So I suggest you to keep using the Poleblade until you find a nice Axe/Hammer that is able to match the FB19 weapon.

If you have some money, you can get the level 30 Legendary weapon "Handaxes of Demonic Roar".

If you don't, then look in the AH for a nice 3 star weapon.
  • manthly
    manthly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow.. I haven't read all.... Yet :P But it seems to be a great guide.. I hope that I will understand alittle more about the class and where to put my skills. ^^ Thanks alot for the nice guide.. You helped me alot =)
  • Sylvenas - Dreamweaver
    Sylvenas - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As a new player of Perfect World, I want to say that this is a great guide and I'll take it to heart as I experiment further with the various classes: As guessed, the Blademaster is next in line after having made my way through Venomancer and Cleric.

Thank you :)
  • Peinn - Sanctuary
    Peinn - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Really a good guide..
    b:victory 1st BM on Sanctuary to have DragonSeekers ...IT ROCKS.Never know until u try it xD
  • OtohaYuudai - Sanctuary
    OtohaYuudai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks much for the guide. It helped me sort out where I went wrong and got me back on track.
    Pants are an illusion. And so is death.
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Nice guide b:victory

However, I dont think the fist/claw weapon type get enough credit. Speaking from experience I now use claws. It fits my playing style, I even use Light armor. It gives me the chance to get hit less and hit harder more often.

The skill you get with fist/claws that allow you to stop a spell being cast on you is very nice not to mention it gives you a base hit at lvl 1 that some dont get till they have been worked on.

From what I see it all depends on playing style

one other example

it took me about 60% less time to get to my lvl 40's with claws then it did with duel axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • teddybear1968
    teddybear1968 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i feel that this was alot of help and i understand it better than what i did before.thanks for the great help.
  • darktsurugi
    darktsurugi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    why do some ppl stop adding vit at 50 vit?

newb here*
  • Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
    Akiratojo - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because vit is generally not worht the points.
    Each vit only adds 10HP, and you would rather allocate these points to something else, like STR or DEX.

At higher levels adding vit is pretty useless, some extra 200 or 400 HP won't save you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
    Warning: This user has bad spelling
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just a small correction. BM's get 15 points of HP for each point of vitality. And I am not going into the debate on the question itself.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goobz
    goobz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Level 23 Roar of the Pride

x level?
    or max?
  • ShadowxBlade - Heavens Tear
    ShadowxBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    goobz wrote: »
    Level 23 Roar of the Pride

x level?
    or max?

max at higher levels when you get more SP
  • mikesamatr
    mikesamatr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Excuse me, what do you mean by Odd and Even level?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    mikesamatr wrote: »
    Excuse me, what do you mean by Odd and Even level?

1,3,5,7,9,11....... are odds.

2,4,6,8,10....... are even.

For instance, If I tell you to distribute 2.5 on str and 2.5 on dex on everylevel . You can't do that on every level since you can only add full points. So, what you would do is to add 5 str in one level and 5 in dex on the next. Or you could add 3 dex, 2 str in one level and 2 dex 3 str on the next level.

I hope this helps.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Okay I dont want to flame lyndura cause his guide is really good although he is bias towards fist and sword BMs and I am a sword BM. But since you do not agree with the fist and sword build, you could have make an axe and polearm guide instead of a full BM guide which would actually encourage more people to join that. I personally feel that the axe is really strong and in fact I thought of changing to become one but since I am lvl 45 and I am just too lazy, I would stick with the sword since it hasnt been giving me problems and I am not the kind who grind seriously. Anyway back to the point, why did lyndura add in sword if he did not agree with it in the first place?

Another question. As a sword BM, I followed lyndura's guide and added the stats and skills from there. However, I am wondering that after I add vit to 50, how do I go from there? 3str 2 dex every lvl? please reply thanks and great guide lyndura.
  • Gendread - Harshlands
    Gendread - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    max at higher levels when you get more SP

Thank you.
  • Minimuss - Sanctuary
    Minimuss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just want to know if I may link to this guide. I'am writing also a bm-guide where i (hopefully) discuss new topics.

Regards
  • Flying_Aces - Dreamweaver
    Flying_Aces - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have a lvl 8 blademaster and the skill power ups are a bit confusing i some what don't know what to power up the most all i know what is what i am going to be using the most