Charging for Ressurection

Options
12346»

Comments

• NigelDamas - Lost City
    NigelDamas - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Although as a general rule I wouldn't agree on charging for buffs + ressurection...

If someone were rudely spamming me with "REZ ME!"/ "BUFF MEEE!" over and over and over ( as often happens), I usually ignore them. But if it gets to the point where it's just incredibly annoying? "5000 coin or STFU."

I give out buffs and heal those who need it, and are nice about it. Those that are wanky about it just end up getting on my nerves and get to lay kissing the floor. Nobody likes a naggy, muleheaded goat **** pestering them constantly. ( = _ = )

On a slightly off-topic suggestion to fellow clerics out there, take a look at people's present buffs when you go to buff them. Sometimes they may have powders or certain regens that you will end up overriding. This makes for an unhappy buff-ee.
  • Deathrowjr - Sanctuary
    Deathrowjr - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xlovex wrote: »
    Why did you make a priest in the first place?

To save money? To make money? b:laughb:laugh

naw, it was to help people, because you liked support, or, ionno, maybe you liked blowing stuff up, but enjoyed your heal too.

EDIT: I think its cool if you ask your party for some donations of herbs, or coins, for your heiro and mp consumption. I just don't think forcing people is gonna do anything.
    Best answer in my opinion
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Besides... I dont see many archers, bm and barbs partying you and giving buffs...

I buff outside the squad, just because it seems that other classes enjoys Bramble Guard more than venos.

I talked with one cleric about this and he mentioned that he would only take MP potions for res as clerics doesn't have that much mp and spells costs a lot. 1 mp potion would be enough for him to get his mana back after a res.

As for letting clerics die, that just too foolishness... Rescue the cleric even if you have to die. Haven't seen a case when rescued cleric wouldn't start to heal you or at least revives after the death. Clerics are angels... how can you let them suffer or even die?

p.s.
    There are actually people who would ask for res to clerics which are more than few min away? And there are clerics who actually would fly that far? b:shocked
    I have never and would never ask a cleric even from friends or guildies to do that! That's just impudence! Clerics should charge for that!
  • Fimbulvtr - Heavens Tear
    Fimbulvtr - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Charging for res is stupid as many have said. I'm a cleric and whenever I see someone dead I res them. Why?

1. Because when I die, I hope a cleric will res me, what goes around I hope.
    2. Because I'm not a jerk. Whoever goes around crying that it's 800 mana is an idiot. I'm a stingy person and many in my faction will agree with that = P but even if your grinding 800 mana really isn't much so if your gonna cry about that then your a real ****.

Though I can agree with the fact that if the person is like half way across the map then its understandable because its like a 10 minute flight or 5-10k worth of teleporting but other than the teleporting fee you shouldn't charge.

And for all those people who have said it costs coin and spirit to upgrade revive, think about it this way. We have a one time cost for it while EVERY other class has to pay for weapon repairs and armor repairs. Now as I said previously, I am a very stingy person so I am very glad that ironheart or revive doesn't hurt your weapon where as in TT runs the tanks especially have to pay quite a bit of money when you add it all up in total.

If you say, but what about the spirit cost then your an idiot also as when you get lvl 70+ you should have a million or 2 of sp spare. I'm 80 and i have 4.5 mill of sp left over so yeah.

Rant Completed!
  • isab
    isab Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Such ridiculousness.

Charging for ress or not is a personal choice. Both sides of the coin have their own valid arguments.

But news flash. All of you are right unfortunately none of you can admit you are wrong.

First of all, the reasons why someone plays a cleric are different from individual to individual. Some want to to help people. Some like playing a class that do not depend on others to heal. Some prefer playing a useful class. Some are used to play healers. However saying something like "people who charge for ress are ridiculous!" is quite idiotic. All of these reasons come with a different degree of "good will" and selfishness. And yet all are valid and none of your business.

It's a personal choice. They have the right to do it. They choose to live with the (if any) consequences of doing it.

And to the people going "omg you people charging for ress are wrong!" do you realize how big of hypocrites you are? Do we also have to believe in the same religion as you to be faithful? Do we have to have the same favorite sports as you to be true fans? Do we all have to be living in a democratic country or else be communists?

People who seems the nicest, will often be the first to impose their beliefs on others. And often more violently and in a volatile fashion than what they pretend to be.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wow. Very deep and profound. If PW forums allowed for kudos would would definitely get some for that post.
  • Tervaskanto - Lost City
    Tervaskanto - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't support charging for res's. If you don't want to do it, ultimately you don't have to. But fully agree on the point of getting a little exp boost from it.

One problem i really have, which might swing me in favour of charges, is when as a cleric your screen just gets clogged up with whispers off people asking you to res them or there mates who have died. b:angry And then go off without so much as a thank you after you've done so... (Yes that's my little rant done haha)
  • danny0
    danny0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I find that people who dont ask actually get something out of the help they give. even if it is a big thank you, invite to friend list, help on a quest, Mpot, or what not. personally I feel like if one of my squad dies, than I owe them a rez for not keeping them alive.

if some stranger asked me for a rez and they were close I would rez (long as they never pked me or our factions don't clash)

but if they were far out of my way, naggy, or inconsiderate then I would tell them to kick rocks. (or maybe I should try the "5000 or STFU" like stated before :)

one time I ran out of pots and slowed down the squad so someone I just met gave me 30 pots . I gave him about 3k-ish and said, I'm sorry thats all I have and he laughed and said he was gonna give them to me for free. So through his generosity and my unwillingness to accept charity the group kept up its pace, we became friends, and continue to help each other out. Would I fly 2 mins to rez this guy? Hell yes! (gives me a chance to hit the huka)

I didn't become a cleric to pwn, get rich, or become someones ****. I became one because I like to play with real people and healers never have a hard time finding a group. (well competent ones anyway)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    my ress isnt exactly high its only lvl 2 but i dont want anything big in return exept a litle help with some bosses or some misions or nothing or something like that, if the player can help he/she usualy does. and i dont charge for buffs or ress like i mentioned i think its just natural for a cleric to say ''its all in a day of work :D''
    But donations are always welcomeb:chuckle
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kobetae - Sanctuary
    Kobetae - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Charging to rez a group mate is nonsense. However, today I was questing near flag hill and I got a whisper from someone that was not in my faction, not on my friends list and he/she wanted me to fly almost across the map to rez them. Now charging for that, in my opinion, is reasonable.

Yes, I made a healer to help people and to also help myself and traveling across the map to do a rez I feel is something you can ask for payment on. Of course the question still has to be answered, can a corpse trade. If a corpse cannot trade then assume the worst when dealing with any stranger.

My cleric is level 27 BTW.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I talked with one cleric about this and he mentioned that he would only take MP potions for res as clerics doesn't have that much mp and spells costs a lot. 1 mp potion would be enough for him to get his mana back after a res.

"...as clerics dosent have that much mp and spells costs alot."

did this cleric happen to spend minimum mag points to equip their weapon? lol.

i'm lv27 and from what i've heard about lv10 res cost, i could cast lv10 res 3 times without stopping. and i'm only lv27 on my cleric b:laugh

but on topic how bout we end the debate with this:
    if you ask a cleric to come res u and ur outta the way (especially if way out of the way) why not just suprise us with some random donation or offer a bit of time to assist us with something if we need an assist? after all, we did just fly from somewhere else to res ya to save u xp (if res is higher than lv1) and the god awful loong trip from town (lmao).

and if its another cleric that needs a res, there shouldnt even be thoughts of wanting something in return because they can return the favor if u need it later on.

and for squad oriented activities, the only time a cleric should need to res someone, is if that someone got dumb or gave their life to save yours
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    "...as clerics dosent have that much mp and spells costs alot."

did this cleric happen to spend minimum mag points to equip their weapon? lol.

i'm lv27 and from what i've heard about lv10 res cost, i could cast lv10 res 3 times without stopping. and i'm only lv27 on my cleric b:laugh

yes, he has

When you kill and you are asked for revive between killing, reviving will take your mp, which means more waiting for it to get it back and/or need to use potions to get your mp back. That's why I mentioned giving mp pot, so cleric wouldn't have to waist his time and/or money, just to get you revived.

I wasn't talking about the time when you actually don't need to care about your mana. I was talking about situation when revive means less mp left for your own spells.
  • Afre - Heavens Tear
    Afre - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've had an idea floating around my head for a while. No chance of it being implimented since the Devs dont pay attention to these threads, but i'd still be curious what people think of it.

What if Clerics got a new ability, but its one of those need lvl 10 in a prior skill (ressurect) to get it. That would be Re-raise (for lack of a better name, using the FFXI name). They can pre-buff themself (make it self only) and in effect automatically give themself the max level raise should they die have a cool down of 30 minutes so its not overly abused. What i think this would do, is
    (1) Give clerics a reason to want to level their raise to 10. It would give them a benefit, whether soloing or in a party from their own raise level.
    (2) Not only that, but in party whipes in dungeons, they dont have to be the one to go all the way back to town and run back to raise everyone else, while they alone lost the large chunk of Exp that noone else did.
    (3) I'd be fine if clerics were the only ones who had the ability to get up and save XP on their own (without a 50k rez scroll & 30k guardian angel).

Keep in mind i don't even have a cleric levelled, so this is in no way biased to try and give me something, but rather trying to consider that Ressurect is the one ability they never receive any benefit in levelling it beyond level 1.

I think this is a great idea and I'm only level 3 b:pleased