Charging for Ressurection

Options

Comments

• Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The last four people that I revived were spamming normal chat, calling for revives. I revived them, and didn't get a "Thank you" from any of them. I have the highest revive for my level, and while I don't really need a "Thank you," those four people certainly make me much MUCH less inclined to help people yelling for revives in the future. After all, if it's too hard for them to type a simple "Thank you," then it's too hard for me to stop in my tracks, enter their coords, backtrack and then find them to res them.

As for charging, I'd love to charge the majority of players out there. Why? In my experience, only 1 out of 5 players I meet are really nice, helpful and polite players. Despite how rare these nice players are, I decided to keep my res at max simply because if I do stumble across those kind people, I'd hate not having a max res to help them. Helping them is worth the cost.

That said, the other 4/5? I would love to charge them for all I'm worth. ;) Unfortunately, since I do often find them rude and insufferable, it's much more aggravation on my part to TRY to charge them. It's just much easier for me to simply ignore them and roll my eyes. Arguing with them would ruin my gameplay, and isn't really my idea of "fun."

So while I agree with the sentiments of a lot of other clerics who would want to charge, I wouldn't actually do it myself. It's just too much of a potential pain.
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Looking at the whole thread, It will be nice if all clerics will share the do-not-revive list. no.. not as stupid as "No fly list".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As I typically end up in the tank (or back up tank) position (I've yet to meet many barbs for some reason), I've pretty much had the same theory since I started. "Clerics are my best friends. <3" There's nothing worse than working on a mob in the middle of nowhere, misjudging your hp and dying. Granted when I'm in the middle of nowhere there's rarely ever a cleric around to help anyway.

I'm not the sort of person to spam local or world chat, I find it rude and aggravating. I'll likely ask on local chat a maximum of 3-5 times and then just bite the bullet and go back to town.

When it comes to groups and fb runs, I typically keep a close eye on the clerics in my party. I've a wizard I play as well myself so I understand just how squishy magic classes can be and well... if the cleric dies the rest of the party is out of luck too.

One of my guild mates, a cleric obviously, has been really estatic lately because she can "kill steal" from her party mates. While I'm glad she's got a good attack power going, I'm worried one of these times she's going to steal aggro and I and the other tanks won't be able to get it back in time.

So yeah, I do acknowledge that there are jerks in my class but... some of us aren't so bad once you get to know us. ^_~
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hehe, that's the sad thing! Half the time, the nice people I'd WANT to revive are the very same people who hate spamming, and so I never get to help them. Maybe PW should've given clerics a "dead people radar."

So far, if I hear anyone on public chat asking for revives with the word "please" typed out nicely, I rush over. :)
  • r3ap3rsban3
    r3ap3rsban3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I dont really see an issue with charging for a revive. I'm glad to give money to someone that saved me the money of using up a doll or scroll. Not only that but the experience saved should be worth it alone. It sux to have to recoupe all that time to get back that 5%. I wouldnt charge for a revive if I was in a party, but if I have to come all the way out to you, I should at least get something for at least the port over to them.
  • Kimmykind - Heavens Tear
    Kimmykind - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't want to charge to res people. I do it because it is kind, and helpful. I do it because I never know when I am going to need help from someone. Sometimes haveing to fight the monsters that are my level is a chore and I often need help from someone else.

I have level 9 res, in one more level I will get to max that out at 10. I will use it when ever I can on anyone not just my guild members.

I however do expect a thank you or a please. Not a "Buff me" or "res me".
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    But you know what would be really funny... If we Clerics could choose the level of revive we want to cast. PW would be full of surprises then :D
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    But you know what would be really funny... If we Clerics could choose the level of revive we want to cast. PW would be full of surprises then :D
    Would be awesome not only with res but many other skills, why should i use a skill on max level and waste a ton of mana when a lower level could be more effective?
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    that will reduce the selling of spirit charms greatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILikeToHeal - Lost City
    ILikeToHeal - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol rather than charging, it would be better if we GAIN EXP FOR RESING PPL LOL
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options

The best solution of all. Even better, gaining the equal EXP that the other guy supposedly lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The only thing that I hate is that I pay for others chars mistakes.
    I generally only revive guild mates, maybe a random char if im not grinding. but if im on quest, a revive means 800 less of mana and that about 6 hits, which means that one revive will make me lose time.
    Its seems selfish, but I dont think it is. My obbligation is to help ppl in squads and guildies, not to buff every char that passes near me.
    As I stated before, my point for that charging is "bad party? ok, you dont lose xp but I do" and that the problem. Many times I had to decline offers to HH bcs I did not have any doll and couldnt risk to die.
    And also have to say that a char that cares for clerics... they are quite rare guys. Most of players just keep going. Ive seen entire squad of fbs that dont even care of buffing other chars. Venos, archers and wiz not using their buffs!!! Or not even looking at MP bars to see if I can keep healing.
    But in time youll learn one thing: care about yourself, then others. Or you watch how ppl plays their chars and learn which one to heal. The crazy wiz or the trustful veno that knows how to play.
    Charging for res? Id say yes in random cases (but no trade allowed if dead, a pitty) in other cases not really neccesary,
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Although I love playing support characters, I havent played a cleric till date (after hearing they turn out quite expensive at later lvls).

Anyway, besides the point, IF I ever do play a cleric, charging for any buffs/ress would be the last thing I'd do. The only thing that I'll expect from the person asking me for buff/res is a polite request to do so. Thats it. Although if the skills required more than mana (say gems or mats) ..thats a different story.

And I'm glad to see there are a few others who think like me. Playing a Cleric gives you a great chance to make friends with a whole lot of people (experience from other MMOs). Money just ruins it all.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

That would make more sense and be nice. Something like harvesting materials. b:victory
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    (target lvl)*(revive lvl)*10 EXP ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lavinia_may - Heavens Tear
    Lavinia_may - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Some interesting points.
    I personally couldn't charge to revive, I just enjoy having the power to do it in the first place (insert manic laughter here).
    I guess because I'm a pretty laid back person as long as people are polite, I'll buff and res most peeps....i nearly wet myself laughing the other day when this guy chased me for quite a way going 'buff pls buff pls', bless, I didn't notice him for ages b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i wouldnt even think of that lol i mean if u rez someone and go m0neyz Pl0x you wont get jack, just a bad rep. I think getting a thank you is good enough. Thats the point, to support people, not launder them for money lol. But some money here and there would be nice of course XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • thelittlemouse
    thelittlemouse Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I thought, the point of being a cleric, was to help others...O________o Charging for help, is kind of a contradiction, methinks.

Personally, i don't charge for a revive....but that could just be me. I mean, i go around flying, just to buff + heal ppl, just 'cause it makes me happy to be of assistance. I'm like a guardian angel!! ^^

-- Stessia
    "Do unto others, as you would have done unto you." b:cute

-- Stessia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teranda - Heavens Tear
    Teranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    on my friend's barb, he regularly pays over 50k in repairs after tanking world bosses or HH or something for friends or random people

no one pays him that coin, and not to mention he sometimes hasta use potions because the healers aren't doing their job properly.

if barbs can get paid for repairs, then we can get paid for rezzes. just my 2cents
  • LadyTwilight - Sanctuary
    LadyTwilight - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's the point..barbs DON'T get paid for repairs...so clerics DON'T get paid for ressing...

I really see no point in argueing about wether you should charge for a res.

If you're really THAT poor..theres this thing, it's called SOLOING you know..and FARMING...try it for a change..you actually get these things..they're called DQ items..try npc'ing them..you actually MAKE MONEY! b:chuckle

*Aren't you so proud now? You gained xp, spirit, AND money!*

If you can steep that low..go play another class, because you're only disgracing us true clerics. b:angry
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If the person is a complete ****, swears, and bullies the party around, not to mention going out of their way to steal as much exp as they can, no matter how much a central part of the squad they are. Charge em to save their oh so precious exp.

They want to treat others bad and abuse their class, they better pay for the services they want. Most likely they will rage quit and leave you and your squad better off, finding someone who is much better, with a much better attitude.

Otherwise I would say, do not bother charging, even if the person does not say thank you. Its not worth the effort.
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's the point..barbs DON'T get paid for repairs...so clerics DON'T get paid for ressing...

I really see no point in argueing about wether you should charge for a res.

If you're really THAT poor..theres this thing, it's called SOLOING you know..and FARMING...try it for a change..you actually get these things..they're called DQ items..try npc'ing them..you actually MAKE MONEY! b:chuckle

*Aren't you so proud now? You gained xp, spirit, AND money!*

If you can steep that low..go play another class, because you're only disgracing us true clerics. b:angry
    You mean, clerics should revive random and unknown players for free?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Why not? It's a kind gesture, plus what would be the purpose of Revive if you only used it for a fb or something...If you died grinding, you'd probably want a revive so you don't have to re-grind what you would have lost by going back to town.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    LadyTwilight you really dont get it. Clerics can revive, yes, but why should I revive everyone? Its not my job, thats why you have a guild, let them take the work to travel half the world.
    Besides clerics are NOT MEANT to help. What the hell is that? Clerics are players just everyone else, you dont play a char to help others, unless thats what makes you happy.
    Besides barbs only need money to repair, which is a lot easier to make than XP, xp takes a lot of time.
    Im 69, you know that means to lose 2.5%.... well, a lot of xp.

My basic point is this: revive in parties! If cleric dies in party (lets say fb and HH), and dont have a doll HE WILL LOSE ALL XP. While if a stupid char die will only lose 10% of 2.5% (in my case, with revive lvl 10). So if u have bad party you lose xp. Well, ofc you learn to no party those players, but you still lost that 2.5%.

Thats my point. you lose a doll for others mistakers, the only reason why i could ask for some money.
    Xp is the most valuable thing in this game. in all games.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think rezzing is a respect role played out on the cleric. In ALL Mmorpg's Clerics/Priests are tagged as healers, and rezzers. Not rezzing because your not getting paid is the lowest thing you can do. That shows no respect for the time someone has to put in for traveling and leveling. I am a cleric and PROUD to be a FREE Rezzer (avatar is not my main for those flamers that careb:victory Main is vvvv)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well... dont really think the same. Just because a class is tagged to be something doesnt mean you have to be that. Yes, im support, but when im in parties and fb, if im not partying with you I dont really have reason to res you nor buff you. I can do it if I want. You dont see barbs running near bosses saying "ohh, im a barb, im supposed to tank, Ill tank your boss, come here", same with cleric.
    Im a player as everyone else.
    Besides you said:
    "That shows no respect for the time someone has to put in for traveling and leveling"... well, if you have a bad squad and you die, and lose a doll because others mistakes... WHERE is the respect from them? You will get a "oh, sorry" thats it, but meanwhile you wasted a doll.
    And im not saying I should ask for money ALWAYS, just in particular cases.
    According to what you say you revive everyone, pm your name of high lvl char, because if thats real im gonna pm you every time I died, so you can travel ALL world just to rez me.
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Just as darknin said, it plays a role in gaining respect as a player. If you want to play your class, play your class, but if you want people to look up to you, and have people know you and want to be friends with you, then you shouldn't be a jerk.

9/10 people are grateful when you revive them or buff them, leveling shouldn't be a priority, you're supposed to have fun in a game, do what you will. However making people pay for you to revive them just makes you look like a horrible person, a greedy self-centered person.

A tank isn't going to ask you for money to tank, they'll tank because they're about the only class that can, aside from blademasters/venos etc.. to some extent. Just like a cleric is basically the only class that can revive/buff/heal (I know other classes can buff, and I'm aware mages can heal..its an example).

If you have a bad squad and you die..then who cares..you died, it's just a game, so get over it. Just don't squad with those people again, or if all else fails, explain to them what they did wrong so they can learn from their mistakes, instead of getting pissed at them because you wasted a doll. "Oh god I lost 30k how dare you! Now it'll take a few mins to grind that back! You vile being!"

@Elia - Exp is not the only valuable thing in a game, if it is to you, then sure its valuable, but why are you playing this game then? You play games to have fun, be competitive, whatever floats your boat. That's like saying "Oh, I'll cap and go play another game until I cap..just cause exp is just that important."
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    Anira_jhol - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Bad idea...and I have a cleric. I personally go around and revive those who need it without question. Secondly...most clerics don't do that. Many times I have called out for a cleric when either my cleric died or my veno, or my wizard.

And 8 out of 10 times I got no cleric to help me. Even when I lie there and could see a cleric not far from me. To my knowledge you cannot do any trade offers while dead either or any other options until the resurrect box goes away.

Personally, venos should beable to revive themselves atleast...they can revive their pets...why not themselves.

Yet some say they envy Venos...I always ask why, because there are many things a veno cannot do that others can...many things they can't use that others can.

Most Clerics seems to think they are high classed or better than others when actually they are not. As I said I play a cleric too...but unlike most of them...I do NOT act like that and when I see someone lying dead...or when someone asks for a revive...I do it without asking for anything in return....and feel sorry that I can't revive them when I play my veno or wizard.

Many of us...especially those who are not high enough lvl to fly yet really hate going far from a city/town/village and end up dying and having to be ported all the way back...just to have to run all the way back out to where they died at to finish what they were doing.

Elves don't have to do that...they can resurrect back in the city/town/village and fly back...they have quicker transport than a human or untamed...atleast until that human or untamed gets to lvl 30 and can fly.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't really see the problem with it...I mean, you spend a lot of spirit and money for revive, the person you're reviving should show some appreciation for it.
    As long as you don't force them to pay you, I don't see a problem with charging people for revives. I'm sure some people are nice enough to give you a tip.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    Anira_jhol - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yes but then the moment someone does that, then Clerics will expect it all the time and if they don't get anything, they tend to get mad. Purpose of a cleric is heal and revive another player...no matter whether they are in a faction or squad with that person or not.

Think about it....what is the revive good for if not to use on another. Can't revive yourself. We all pay high prices in spirit and money for our own skills as well....not just you clerics...all of us do.

My skills are very costly, but I do not go around complaining because someone wasn't nice enough to tip me for using my skill on them to either heal or revive them. You know I've actually been called a pushy cleric, but some clerics are known as stingy and greedy...

I never take offense to being called pushy...I know this not to be true and many of my friends do as well...so we laugh on it.....but there is not one person out there who would ever call me stingy or greedy once they knew me...or even seen me. I knew when I came into this game what a cleric was used for...yes I got a bit bored with playing her...and wanted to be able to kill mobs on my own without another's help or protection...and proceeded in making my veno and wizard.

I do like my veno better...since now I am able to get into the fights...but I miss being able to heal or revive. It is why i play my veno though, since I am able to heal and revive my pet...atleast it was something. But I will be going back to my cleric from time to time.

Being a healer all the time, just doesn't suit me and do like killing mobs too as much as the next person. But when I am on my cleric I am always where i need to be. I will never ask nor expect another to tip me for doing a good thing.

Being greedy as such tends to get others to dislike you even more, and therefore you'll never have anyone asking for help....hmmm...then what would you do if you had no one asking for a revive?

That only means you have wasted you money and spirit on a skill that you will no longer use...therefore not getting anything.

You all say you envy the venos...for what? There are many things you can do that Untamed cannot do or use. Especially venos...

If you want to be greedy as such, then PWI should take away this particular skill from the clerics...and give it to a race who might appreciate having it. Technically as I said before...venos should have this skill anyhow...or atleast an ability to revive ourselves...because if our pet dies...we are toast.

No one comes to help us...we do everything on our own...

Archers are to protect the Clerics...and most do...but what do the venos have?
    I can tell you...we have ourselves and our pet...not much in the way of magic spells...no heals except when healing our pet or reviving them...but think about this....when we cast a heal on our pet or a revive...our characters are immobile...basically prey...

Since we are unable to move and get out of an attacker's way...we die.

I have always thanked any cleric who has given me a revive or heal....am always polite with them. But many of us have to pretty much hoard what coin we get...just to pay for our skills too...ours are just as expensive as the clerics.....yet you cleric sit here and talk as if yours cost more than anyone elses...as if you are better than everyone else.

Sorry to burst the bubble...but clerics are not...no race is better than another. I have tried all races. And even though I like my veno better that is my choice and opinion....but to be honest...clerics are the weakest...or so it says in the forums. My cleric...she was fine til she hit lvl 27 I think...then I had to always have help defeating a mob...couldn't kill it on my own, unless mob was lower lvl than my cleric.

My Veno and wizard has been taking on mobs that are higher lvls than they are ever since they were lvl 5 and 6. So go right ahead, continue making these suggestions...if it ever goes ingame...you will either find many people leaving the game or else...you'll find it was a waste to get your revive and heal skills. More and more people will just resurrect themselves back in town. It's a free teleport there anyway.