Expansion Preview - Genie System

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You said there are ways to close the distance. I asked how do you close the distance if the pet out-ranges you and the veno moves at the same speed as you in the air and faster on the ground. You answer "kiting"........ Sorry i must be the village idiot because i dont see how kiting can make you catch up to someone who is running away....

Kite the pet. Kill the pet.

If they continue to run away, then their pet will either die, or they will despawn it, or it will despawn by itself. If it dies, then the veno has to res the pet, or summon a different one. If they unsummoned it, then they have to resummon it, or a different one.

If the venos are as everyone likes to claim, then it shouldn't be that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You said there are ways to close the distance. I asked how do you close the distance if the pet out-ranges you and the veno moves at the same speed as you in the air and faster on the ground. You answer "kiting"........ Sorry i must be the village idiot because i dont see how kiting can make you catch up to someone who is running away.....

With demon fox form and lv3 summer sprint. 10.4 is wat shows up in the character screen if you dont believe me i'll log and take a screenie. You may say demon fox form's speed increase only last 6 secs but the cooldown on fox form is also 6 secs. Therefore you simply switch human>fox>human every 6 secs and have insane movement speed. This works because the speed activates when the skill is used and is not specific to the form you are in i.e the speed increase procs when you go fox>human as well as when you go human>fox.

Have fun with the insane speed

Cool. I wasnt aware that the 60% speed works both ways. I originally thought it works only when you go from human to fox, and not fox to human.

Lol, 150 mana cost per click, mana drain here we come.
    Thx for the info, good to know.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Kite the pet. Kill the pet.

If they continue to run away, then their pet will either die, or they will despawn it, or it will despawn by itself. If it dies, then the veno has to res the pet, or summon a different one. If they unsummoned it, then they have to resummon it, or a different one.

If the venos are as everyone likes to claim, then it shouldn't be that hard.

/Facepalm

Firstly have you ever tried to kill a phoenix? It has extremely high defense and higher hp which has been said before and you probably know this. On top of that if a veno is running and sending her nix as she runs it will bleed ad hit u a few times the disappear and re-appear next to her. This way u are losing hp/dead without owner getting in range. You are a veno as you said so you should know this.

I thought u were half intelligent until you resorted to the "just kill the nix" excuse.

Edit:Dont want to hijack this thread as there are already tonnes discussing flesh ream and phoenix. Looking forward to Genies hope they come soon, should be fun.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    /Facepalm

Firstly have you ever tried to kill a phoenix? It has extremely high defense and higher hp which has been said before and you probably know this. On top of that if a veno is running and sending her nix as she runs it will bleed ad hit u a few times the disappear and re-appear next to her. This way u are losing hp/dead without owner getting in range. You are a veno as you said so you should know this.

I thought u were half intelligent until you resorted to the "just kill the nix" excuse.
    Oh it IS possible. But a major PiTa to do. It's easier to use sprint powders and try to either get up on the Veno real personal like, or get away from the Veno, than it is to kill the pet... realistically. I will be glad when they fix flesh ream or remove it totally. Either way works fine for me.

~S
    edited March 2009
    /Facepalm

Edit:Dont want to hijack this thread as there are already tonnes discussing flesh ream and phoenix. Looking forward to Genies hope they come soon, should be fun.

My god, you have refuted my argument with an insult!

Want a cookie? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ok so i guess we have forgotten this thread is about the new expansion pack...notabout fleshream or killin venos..
    so back to topic..
    is there any idea of a release date? even a rough idea would be nice and how we are gonna be getting the genies...or even if we can get multiple 1s..
    i saw a post saying we only get 1 chance at getting a single genie but id like to see what the gm's say about it 0.o
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    oh and the usual...

charm packs?

lol sorry i had to
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Want a cookie?

No the first paragraph was a breif answer to your argument the second was an insult. Why insult you? Because everyone on any server knows trying to kill the phoenix is plain stupid thus youy are stupid for suggesting it.

@Saitada you are correct the +200% speed pots work great at this its just 9x venos take a lot more than 2 hits to kill and with the annoying bird on your back too. In the air you are screwed lol
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

Want a cookie? b:chuckle

i wanna cookieeeeeee b:cry
    but Chaotiic stole them lol b:chuckle
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sigh..you obviously don't know your class..you have stuns...oh wait you're 63..nvm

64, actually. And yes, I do know my class.

But people are talking about the venos who don't. The ones who toss in a pet, because it's the only tactic they know. Those are the ones who die easily, and would easily be killed by an archer. That's what I was referring to.

We all know you're going to have a tough time killing anyone who really knows their class. But stupid people? No problem. As I read on the Archer section of this Forum "Archers are Anti Caster"

Therefore...

Dumb Caster + Smart Archer = Dead Caster + Archer Laughing at said stupidity. And that is a lot of the Venos people complain about.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    bugs in Chinese version doesn't necessarily mean we will have same bugs

Same game,. same engine, same everything.

The only difference is the localisation. If we have a bug, all the other versions will also have the bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009

The only difference is the localisation. If we have a bug, all the other versions will also have the bug.

Just because the Chinese version may have a bug, does not mean we will have the same bug. The Chineese version already has the Genies, they are already working on the bugs. By the time we get it, hopefully most the bugs will be corrected.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Just because the Chinese version may have a bug, does not mean we will have the same bug. The Chineese version already has the Genies, they are already working on the bugs. By the time we get it, hopefully most the bugs will be corrected.

• Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Erm excuse me..I may seem like a noob but..what are you guys fighting about? I mean these on-line games are made for people to relax..to have fun..right?? My heart gets so sad when I see you people acting like that...talking like that..my eyes fill with tears when I remember that we are brothers but we always forget it...We forget that we should love each other..not hate...Maybe I'm stupid..correct me if I'm not right..but just think about it...And please forgive me if I may have misspelled anything.
    And yeah..I know it's stupid..sorry..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [XxX][I don't have to justify the way I live my life][XxX]
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    all i know is i'm not spending any more money on this game til this has been released. if it goes the way i'm expecting it to the uninstall button will be used the next day.
    edited March 2009
    No the first paragraph was a breif answer to your argument the second was an insult. Why insult you? Because everyone on any server knows trying to kill the phoenix is plain stupid thus youy are stupid for suggesting it.

Your scenario had the veno running away.

Kiting it the other direction is the intelligent course of action.

Obviously I said "kite it and kill it", but considering the veno ran off kiting it was the intelligent course of action, and going the other direction was the obvious direction to go.

Why? Because it will de-spawn the phoenix. Up until it despawns, try to kill it while kiting it away from the veno who ran away.

What happens when the phoenix despawns? I don't know, what do you do then? Go find someone to ambush? Maybe the veno can be snuck up on since you consider them bad at PvP.

And you called me an idiot?

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Would everyone who is complaining/defending venos please take it to another thread about venos. There are a million of them already. No need to hijack this thread to continue an annoying fight that most players do not even care about.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Would everyone who is complaining/defending venos please take it to another thread about venos. There are a million of them already. No need to hijack this thread to continue an annoying fight that most players do not even care about.
    I totally agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [XxX][I don't have to justify the way I live my life][XxX]
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In other news...

Genie system FTW ^_____________^
  • Pabadlong - Sanctuary
    Pabadlong - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No venos on lost city know how to play there class. They send phoenix and run while the bleed kills there opponent. Taking this away will require some skill to play there class.

Isn't this called "using your brain"? Remember this is war and it's never fair in war.......

Think this: If there's some sword wielding guy running towards you to kill you and you happen to have a gun and a sword w/ you, would you honestly say that you would trash the gun and face him w/ your sword?

I would surely use the gun....same w/ the game....you will use whatever advantage you have to survive and win......

Again, it's never fair in war...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Isn't this called "using your brain"? Remember this is war and it's never fair in war.......

Think this: If there's some sword wielding guy running towards you to kill you and you happen to have a gun and a sword w/ you, would you honestly say that you would trash the gun and face him w/ your sword?

I would surely use the gun....same w/ the game....you will use whatever advantage you have to survive and win......

Again, it's never fair in war...

This isn't war, its pvp. For proper pvp, things have to be as fair as possible. It's called class balance.

If classes are not properly balanced, the pvp doesn't mean jack.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Erm excuse me..I may seem like a noob but..what are you guys fighting about? I mean these on-line games are made for people to relax..to have fun..right?? My heart gets so sad when I see you people acting like that...talking like that..my eyes fill with tears when I remember that we are brothers but we always forget it...We forget that we should love each other..not hate...Maybe I'm stupid..correct me if I'm not right..but just think about it...And please forgive me if I may have misspelled anything.
    And yeah..I know it's stupid..sorry..

Unfortunately, people take the game too seriously. Internet is serious business after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pabadlong - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    This isn't war, its pvp. For proper pvp, things have to be as fair as possible. It's called class balance.

It's still killing..and winning... To win, you still need to use any advantage you have. In the end, the player who uses his/brain best wins.....

And please stop the whining. Y'all sound like spoiled kids.....whatever the situation is, live w/ it.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    From the way this sounds to me, it's (blood clot) like a purify for anyone to use.

Seems to me like if purify ruined phoenixes or bleed skill I shouldn't be able to kill clerics now since they can purify already.

P.S. I still kill plenty of clerics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009

lol dont talk like if you knew anything about pvp.
    Forgot the summary of ur pvp suggestions, here lemme re-post it:
    You mean garbage venos like yourself? the ones that get molded equips at lvl 3x to +12, dont use pets, claim that bms who use stuns suck, compare killing rare pets to taking a real life and calls all of us pvp players cowards coz we dont commit real lifer murder?

So much knowledge there.

BTW is there any estimate of a release date, like 1~2 months a week or 2 or something like that?
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Unlike you losers, I've been in the real life military. The Army. Even war has rules. Its not about winning its about HOW you win. You break the rules of war, your own army will shoot you.

Yes, players only pk in games because they don't have the guts to do it in real life. Simple as that you bunch of cowards.

Make up garbage all you want, when you EVER reach the same level of pvp experience I have, (in game AND real life) then you can talk. Until then, shut your mouth you have no idea who you are dealing with.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ardyser - Heavens Tear
    Ardyser - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This new genie system sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to it. One question: will the genies have loyalty and need to be fed like pets?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone,

There have been some rumors bouncing here and there about a new pet system in Perfect World International. Recently I posted stating that there is in fact a new system in the works, and I'm here today to give you a quick run down of this new feature.

Keep in mind that this system is still currently in development and none of the below information is final:

Genies
    Genies are a new way to customize your character and accent your existing gameplay experience.

The Genie System is a new pet system unlike the pets that are currently associated with the Venomancer class. These Genies have their own independent skill system, equipment slots, as well as an elemental affinity system.

Again, all of the above are subject to change. Feel free to ask any questions within this thread and we'll do our best to get answers for you guys as soon as possible.

As BM playing PVE (not insterested in PK) I can only see the benefit of the bleed counter of those annoying mobs that do Damage over time.

However, since the genies do not tank as you mentioned. Is there anything that genies can do to help me against the mobs that attack with magic?
  • Pabadlong - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Unlike you losers, I've been in the real life military. The Army. Even war has rules. Its not about winning its about HOW you win. You break the rules of war, your own army will shoot you.

Yes, players only pk in games because they don't have the guts to do it in real life. Simple as that you bunch of cowards.

Make up garbage all you want, when you EVER reach the same level of pvp experience I have, (in game AND real life) then you can talk. Until then, shut your mouth you have no idea who you are dealing with.

C'mon Zoe your giving the Army a bad name.....
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Zoe, I know I have taken the side of venos due to being irked by the incessant whining by others classes, but you are not helping here.

Comparing real life murder to game competitive fun, and calling people cowards because they don't commit real life murder is just insane.

Please stop with the real life murder comparisons. It does not correlate in the least.
This discussion has been closed.