Expansion Preview - Genie System

Options

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmm [noob me] but isnt butique part of the "in game" hmmm ok ok keep i'm getting a pretty good image of what this is ... i got the all no damage no agro thing and the part with the new skils like another "E" button . i'm thinking that we can press the fairys button to say defend and we get like a shiled.. k preatty good i think if i'm not wrong again thst they are somehow like the demon/sage cutys but with atributes ... ima noob stil thinking about it...
    In the context of the question, botique was not.
    Question wrote:
    2) Are they available ingame or via cash shop?

Answer was ingame. Right on the first page.. post 8.
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i stil think you are a bit cold but stil ... i should say thank you
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Unlike you losers, I've been in the real life military. The Army. Even war has rules. Its not about winning its about HOW you win. You break the rules of war, your own army will shoot you.

Yes, players only pk in games because they don't have the guts to do it in real life. Simple as that you bunch of cowards.

Make up garbage all you want, when you EVER reach the same level of pvp experience I have, (in game AND real life) then you can talk. Until then, shut your mouth you have no idea who you are dealing with.

Someone please Ban Zoe. Homicidal Morons are not entertaining to play games with. Other people here have military experience, mine taught me to tell you to be quiet. REAL people do not PVP in REAL life, contradiction in terms.

Regarding the veno commentary, its here because this has some possibly game altering affects for the class, cut the hate, fix the dmg reduction issue in instances, fix the pheonixes attacking through plume shell. I'll still use my veno alt for making money, cause thats just broken, got to compete though.
    For the people that have never done TW against pheonixes, do not comment regarding the fairness of this or that, go get some experience.

Regarding the REASON THE THREAD EXISTS:
    These genies sound like fun!
    How they gain thier skills and affinities
    How they will complement our classes
    Can they have wide ranged skills or just down a skill tree based on thier affinity?
    Can we have SEVERAL and just switch them?
    Are they able to be traded?
    Why one would be preferrable to another for a given class.
    How powerful are these attacks? Based on thier levels I assume, same for buffs but...how much effect are we talking here?
  • Beefums - Lost City
    Beefums - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Someone please Ban Zoe. . REAL people do not PVP in REAL life, contradiction in terms.

lol, truth.
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol i think the gm's have given up on this 1 (fed up of all the flaming) i havent seen any answers to questions since like page 12 or summat...

all i want to know now though..

all the posts that say the genies dont have any attack capabilities i read on the 1st post by xarfox

Earth Blaze
    Affinity Requirement: Fire Level 6
    Learned at Level: 28, 33, 38, 43, 48, 53, 58, 63, 68, 73
    Description: Sets the earth ablaze, igniting the feet of your targets.
    Function: Deals fire damage to multiple targets around you, reducing their fire resistance. Targets affected by this spell initially have their movement speed increased, then shortly after suffer from a decrease in movement speed.

Rumbling Thunder
    Affinity Requirement: Metal Level 7
    Class Requirement: Available to all classes except Venomancer
    Learned at Level: 31, 36, 41, 46, 51, 56, 61, 66, 71, 76
    Description: Shoot an energy ball of thunder at your target.
    Function: Deals metal damage calculated according to your Physical Attack Hit Rate.

Electro Dance
    Affinity Requirement: Metal Level 8
    Learned at Level: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80
    Description: Summons multiple Thunder Birds to strike targets around you.
    Function: Deals metal damage to all targets around you. (Only available while flying.)

i realise ppl have asked and said before that its sort of like a new skill tree for players, but xarfox never said that himself (i dont think) although he did say the genies wont be able to attack.. sorry if it seems noobish i just want it clarified as to wether the genie will be doing these skills or the 'owner' of the genie.

as or the post that said all classes get a self heal ability atm (cant remember which 1 i saw that on) im an archer..the only self heal i get is having my gf beside me on her cleric b:chuckle and as for where your job in game lies...i see all the time ppl asking for clerics to go TT/FB or even just to normal bosses, we all want clerics! hehe especially archers like me who never watch my health bar anymore when the cleric is sleeping x.x
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol wow...that was my longest post ever..
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks Devs for bringing us new features! Sounds like it will be fun.
    Considering I was a big PW-MY player

Okay, now you're just making stuff up. You used to absolutely hate all of us that came from PW-MY and blamed us for everything you came across in the game, how we were the worst people in existence etc, looking at your oldest posts is a complete contradiction to what you are saying now. I know you're getting frustrated with the people attacking you but making stuff like this up is just going to give them more ammo to catch you in changing your story. Just ignore them, don't stoop to their level hon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shougo - Lost City
    Shougo - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    as or the post that said all classes get a self heal ability atm (cant remember which 1 i saw that on) im an archer..the only self heal i get is having my gf beside me on her cleric b:chuckle and as for where your job in game lies...i see all the time ppl asking for clerics to go TT/FB or even just to normal bosses, we all want clerics! hehe especially archers like me who never watch my health bar anymore when the cleric is sleeping x.x

very valid points,

but Archers, while they dont have a self heal, will one shot most anything in pvp with that new buff. and it takes two or three hits to break an archers winged shell. (though that may be steering a bit from the topic)

and i dont think our job willbe completely demolished since our buffs will still probably be better than the one of the genie, but i still think it will decrease somewhat. PPl like to have clerics now as a safety net, but before it was necesisty. i dont think that that ned for clerics is going to be as strong, leaving us to quest on our own for the most part.
  • Marutah - Harshlands
    Marutah - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i have only 1 question.. because im vain, and want my char to look the best at all times...

1) does anyone have a picture of this genie?
    a) can you change the apperance of this said genie?
    b) will there be diffrent forms? (diffrent models) or are all genies going to look the exactly same..
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    don't stoop to their level hon.

Zoe's "level" is already pretty low, read my sig for some reasons b:cute
    I dont think you can go lower than that.

i have only 1 question.. because im vain, and want my char to look the best at all times...

b) will there be diffrent forms? (diffrent models) or are all genies going to look the exactly same..

Someone else posted this before
    http://news2.92wy.com/Upload/Image/2009/0302/20090302115840107592.jpg
    Gennie artwork
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is the last warning. If the flaming in this thread continues, it will be locked. Keep the discussion on topic.

We are trying to collect questions and feedback, do not ruin that opportunity for everyone else simply because you need to get the last flame in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks Devs for bringing us new features! Sounds like it will be fun.

Okay, now you're just making stuff up. You used to absolutely hate all of us that came from PW-MY and blamed us for everything you came across in the game, how we were the worst people in existence etc, looking at your oldest posts is a complete contradiction to what you are saying now. I know you're getting frustrated with the people attacking you but making stuff like this up is just going to give them more ammo to catch you in changing your story. Just ignore them, don't stoop to their level hon.

I'm not making stuff up. I did indeed play there. When I came here I wanted to see totally new stuff. New terms, new prices. Not everything based on PW-MY. I wanted to see the direction this game took. However the rest of you did everything you possibly could to make it EXACTLY like that other version, and that is the problem I have.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok sorry xarfox, that post she made comparing rl kill to pking rlly bothered me b:surrender

A few questions:

Is there a limit of gennie skills depending on what class i am? like a cleric can get skill A but cant get skill B ?

Are they a pain in the **** to obtain?

Will they have their own skill bar like veno pets?

Do you have any idea of the release date? anything like month, 3 weeks, etc. would do, you dont have to say exact day and hour.

Will these pets use our spirit/coin for their skills?

Will they change form every 10 lvls like fairies?
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • nini09
    nini09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There's rumors about a March 18th release on the CN servers for this Genie test. Although the GM here has confirmed that this won't be a cash shop item, players on the CN version have noticed two items in the cash shop during their Jan 14th maintenance, one called 'little genie', and the other 'mysterious item'. But they were only up for a sec and was removed during an emergency maintenance. From the looks of it, the genies won't actually be fighting/tanking for you like a veno's pet, but rather, they'll provide you with additional spells to make you stronger, and even though they say this is something everyone can acquire, don't think it'll be an easy task. Could be one of those endless quests (like the time travel one), or something that requires a good chunk of your exp/spirit and in-game coins. It is an exciting new element, and certainly something tangible that the non-veno classes can work on to better they gameplay.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nini09 wrote: »
    There's rumors about a March 18th release on the CN servers for this Genie test. Although the GM here has confirmed that this won't be a cash shop item, players on the CN version have noticed two items in the cash shop during their Jan 14th maintenance, one called 'little genie', and the other 'mysterious item'. But they were only up for a sec and was removed during an emergency maintenance. From the looks of it, the genies won't actually be fighting/tanking for you like a veno's pet, but rather, they'll provide you with additional spells to make you stronger, and even though they say this is something everyone can acquire, don't think it'll be an easy task. Could be one of those endless quests (like the time travel one), or something that requires a good chunk of your exp/spirit and in-game coins. It is an exciting new element, and certainly something tangible that the non-veno classes can work on to better they gameplay.

It makes sense to me that if you are going to add a new feature as large as this one, there are going to be cash shop items to go along with it. But your probably right that it will take some time to get the genie to begin with.

I believe it was already said that the genie will have its own skill points for you to spend, so I suspect that the skills on it will be just another coin sink.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    juntonio wrote: »
    Well, to be onnest, me as a veno, I was pretty mad when I saw what it was.
    The fast that it would be for veno's to will make it a little bit more fair.
    But if point comes to point it's still a good way to push venomancers completely back out of PvP!
    or even take almost all our advantages out of the game!
    what do we have?
    High damage? nuuuuuuuuuu
    High defence? nuuuuuuuuuu
    high hp? nuuuuuuuuu
    the only 2 "advantages" that we have is:
    we don't have to ask help for every piece of sh1tboss
    we don't have alot costs with repairs

further being a venomancer sucks!
    we can't do decend fast grinding since we can't aoe more mobs then our pet can hold agro on at the same time (wich takes alot of time for a few mobs)
    we can't join in zhen party's, we can lure yes, but hardly for any distance
    and now they take away the advantage of having a pet!
    good job ruining venomancers!
    great to introduce 2 awesome (200-250$) pet's and then rip the good things away!

maybe for next you can reduce the damage pets do?
    or maybe don't let pet's take agro and make the venomancer the tank?
    this is just great...

and don't start QQ about my post!

just 1 question, will you have to purchase the skills with spirit/coins?
    STFU and GTFO!!

Say hello to a fellow guildie of mine.
    Her name is Veno_Master

statst.jpg

Oh my... look at the massive amounts of dmg she does.
    What's that low phys def? Your pet takes all of that if you're smart.
    Hmm... HP? Looks like she has about 4800hp.

SO QUIT YOUR QQ!!

Edit: Umm... oops!! Sorry Xarfox didn't see the no flaming message. o.o Please don't murderlize me.
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options

on page 11 there is a post with art work...here it is again..

http://news2.92wy.com/Upload/Image/2...5840107592.jpg

all thx to go to Naku tho...s/he found it not me
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    um that link takes you to a weird chinese page now b:surprised

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    um that link takes you to a weird chinese page now b:surprised

b:cry i wish ida saved the pix now too b:cry

they looked pretty sweet tho
  • nini09
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can see the genie artwork here:
    3345041820_c673a77ff4_o.jpg
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Zdolnoc

That pic of the veno doesn't mean anything. Give a cleric or wizard that same gear and they'll to 2 to 3x the damage the veno does.
    Main characters
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ^^ You seem to forget the veno's enemy can be debuffed and damage increased by 20%.
    Lil detail.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    20% is not equal to 200 to 300%

That being said there should be some interesting things happen once this is added to the game. Will the balance of power shift in the classes due to blood clot? I sure hope so.
    Main characters
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    20% can be the difference between killing or having the charm tick :) also debuff.... yah doesnt matter either

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Zoe, you can never ask a veno to do the same raw damage as a wizard or cleric with the same equips because wizards and clerics don't have PETS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Exactly, so that damage stat in that pic doesn't mean anything really. Other classes will still hit harder. I don't see pets as a factor in pvp anyway which is why I don't use them. They don't do the damage needed for anything and generally die fast.

Venos = low damage. Balance, I love it.
    Main characters
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    low? maybe yours is low coz of your amazing tactics (+12 lvl 3x molded stuff and no pet) but any half decent veno can deal some good dmg.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • pvhsfootball
    pvhsfootball Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    For venos, will genies be able to be summoned while other pets are out?
  • nini09
    edited March 2009
    Options
    For venos, will genies be able to be summoned while other pets are out?

Pretty sure they can, otherwise it'd be unfair to venos.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are there other passive sort of effects that might be able to be gained through training the genie? Increased defense, reduced damage, increased channeling, increased crit, that sorta thing. From my understanding of the list of possible skills, the genies could be used to make players way more dangerous to themselves with the aoe damage stuff. It's already iffy enough for some players fighting in the air or water because of aggro, add random aoe damage from that player and their worries are increased.

Since they'll be available in game, will they most likely be obtained through some sort of quest, or more likely through simple purchase with some large chunk of coin?

My opinions of current skill list
    Electro Dance: HORRIBLE idea
    Blood clot: sufficient protection against phoenix
    Frozen Domain: decent idea, maybe
    Earth Blaze: LOL but no
    Banish: O_o
    Rainbow Blessing: I like the casting one and crit rate, but the rest will probably overwrite cleric buffs and **** off clerics, best to split these into multiple skills
    Rumbling Thunder: Good, but there should be an equivalent single target fire, water, wood, earth

Are the genies going to be player controlled or self-controlled with players just training their skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
This discussion has been closed.