Expansion Preview - Genie System

Comments

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Unlike you losers, I've been in the real life military. The Army. Even war has rules. Its not about winning its about HOW you win. You break the rules of war, your own army will shoot you.

Yes, players only pk in games because they don't have the guts to do it in real life. Simple as that you bunch of cowards.

Make up garbage all you want, when you EVER reach the same level of pvp experience I have, (in game AND real life) then you can talk. Until then, shut your mouth you have no idea who you are dealing with.

I'm just curious, what the .... does been in the real military got to do with ONLINE, VIRTUAL, NON-REAL PK?
    Yes players do fight in virtual worlds because it's fun THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REAL LIFE MURDER, ARE YOU **** NUTS?
    Please explain to me the relationship between online safe fun and taking a human life away.
    Oooh wait I think I know now, you think you're pro at virtual, non-real fighting and killing because you were in an army that can kill others? I pity you.

You have absolutely no pvp experience, like I said:
    the ones that get molded equips at lvl 3x to +12, dont use pets, claim that bms who use stuns suck, compare killing rare pets to taking a real life and calls all of us pvp players cowards coz we dont commit real lifer murder?
    Is not pro.

Thanks for failing so much, new quotes for sig!
    I know who I'm dealing with zoe, a person with serious mental issues.

Now on a more serious side, please seek psychological help.

Any1 knows if we'll get a new skill bar for this gennie?
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hm. I'd have liked to see a pet with at least SOME tanking ability. Please tell me that it's not going to be something we have to buy off venomancers, have to fight over to 'tame' ourselves, or have to invest in from our own spirit-pool to upgrade? b:surrender
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hm. I'd have liked to see a pet with at least SOME tanking ability. Please tell me that it's not going to be something we have to buy off venomancers, have to fight over to 'tame' ourselves, or have to invest in from our own spirit-pool to upgrade? b:surrender

Dont mind it myself as i already have tonnes of spare spirit(28million) but i think Enina is right. When leveling up people dont have much spirit to spare and since genies can be obtained from level one this would be a big strain on already tight spirit budget. Will they use spirit to upgrade or some other currency?

OMGLAZERZ check any of the thousands of threads about flesh ream and you will find there is no quick fix for fighting a nix veno especially a 9x one and your ideas seem good but coming from someone who has tried them they do not work even 5% of the time. Thats the last i will say on it in this thread.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yay, fun for my other chars. i love pets and kept switching to venos to have battle pets

i have a suggestion, the other all class pets should get buffs to give to u. nothing major just mabe like a little more resistance or something.

THX GMS I LOVE U ALLb:kiss

I think this is a real good idea. If we take the pet system from some other game, like DnD on NWN. The pet gave the wiz a stat base bonus. Like the toad gave Constitution, the cat Dexterity etc. It be awsome to see that the original pet get a quirk so that they stay around in the game. And that ppl who work on getting them don't feel that there work was for nothing.

2nd I love this idea Were do I send the coffee to speed up the process ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i more meant like why cant they test in more then 1 version if not all to see what bugs need to be fixed cause bugs in Chinese version doesn't necessarily mean we will have same bugs
    Same game,. same engine, same everything.

The only difference is the localisation. If we have a bug, all the other versions will also have the bug.

Not true. For Instance we had a Mail system bug creep in to our version (one where for a week you could not send mail to anyone whose name was over 10 characters). The Chinese version didnt have this bug. Also let us not forget Friday the 13th economy disaster. I dont know all the specifics of the exploit, but the Dame's fashion has been in the chinese version for some time without any exploits but low & behold we had an exploit creep into our version.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i honestly dont' know why people make a big deal out of the bleed thingy from the genie. i mean there are ways around it. stun the genie and send pheonix after the hero. or kill the gennie then the hero. it's not like any other class has the ability to heal thier pet. or we can just stun the hero, kill the gennie, then bleed the hero. so many combination. it just require the modification of our strats only. well it might just make the fighting a bit more level that's all.

btw, two question

1. will we be able to kill the genie in pvp?
    2. how will veno healing work? cause normally we just hit heal and our pet get's heal. with genie will we be healing both?

btw, veno better be able to summon both thier pet and the genie. it wouldn't be fair to give all class a new bonus and just say veno are going to get left out. btw, in the chinese version can veno use both pet and genie at the same time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • E_YACNL - Lost City
    E_YACNL - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There goes venos reign of terror! b:cry Now all players will have kick **** pets AND their special skills...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i honestly dont' know why people make a big deal out of the bleed thingy from the genie. i mean there are ways around it. stun the genie and send pheonix after the hero. or kill the gennie then the hero.

btw, two question

QUOTE]

HA HA HA HA HA LOL
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    well i know veno pet can be killed and i never tried killing all class pet before, and i think they can't. but it's a valid question. cause if they can, how will they be resummon? and don't tell me they can't be killed. cause if they can't it's stupid to allow a pet that can do damage but take no damage. might as well make veno pet invunerable.

so follow up question

1. how will they be revive? and what health would they be at? 5% like veno pet they they are revive?
    2. can other class heal thier genie?

and can somebody who can read chinese, go to http://world2.wanmei.com/ and read up on what genie can do and tell us :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i honestly dont' know why people make a big deal out of the bleed thingy from the genie. i mean there are ways around it. stun the genie and send pheonix after the hero. or kill the gennie then the hero. it's not like any other class has the ability to heal thier pet. or we can just stun the hero, kill the gennie, then bleed the hero. so many combination. it just require the modification of our strats only. well it might just make the fighting a bit more level that's all.

btw, two question

2. how will veno healing work? cause normally we just hit heal and our pet get's heal. with genie will we be healing both?

btw, veno better be able to summon both thier pet and the genie. it wouldn't be fair to give all class a new bonus and just say veno are going to get left out. btw, in the chinese version can veno use both pet and genie at the same time?
    It was said earlier in the thread that genies dont take damage and cant tank. So they cant die.

Also judging that one of the skills says "All classes but Venomancer", it would be assumed that the others skills ARE useable, meaning we do get to use them... I would like to assume with our pet.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    well i know veno pet can be killed and i never tried killing all class pet before, and i think they can't. but it's a valid question. cause if they can, how will they be resummon? and don't tell me they can't be killed. cause if they can't it's stupid to allow a pet that can do damage but take no damage. might as well make veno pet invunerable.

so follow up question

1. how will they be revive? and what health would they be at? 5% like veno pet they they are revive?
    2. can other class heal thier genie?

and can somebody who can read chinese, go to http://world2.wanmei.com/ and read up on what genie can do and tell us :P

bTW, if you do not read chinese, how do you know the page is about the genie? just curious.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    bTW, if you do not read chinese, how do you know the page is about the genie? just curious.

That link is to the PW-CN main page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    It was said earlier in the thread that genies dont take damage and cant tank. So they cant die.

Also judging that one of the skills says "All classes but Venomancer", it would be assumed that the others skills ARE useable, meaning we do get to use them... I would like to assume with our pet.

gah, then all my strats won't work!!! b:cry time to panic b:sad oh maybe just make my damage overpower :P well i guess veno have to double tag team to kill people :P

ty

another question
    1. if a char is stun, can genie still use it's skill?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

I thought the genies were new and only on PWI. Silly me.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It has been stated earlier that these genies are not pets. So they can be used at the same time as pets. I also suggested earlier that because of this, I would suspect that a genie's assistance to the player is more like a weapon then a veno pet when it comes to attacking, it assists you in your fight the same way a bow assists an archer. So if you are in a party and you and your genie are the bigest threat, then you will become the mobs target.

The only questions I have are:
    1) How will you level the Genie. Since it does not attack directly, will it level the same way a riding pet does, just by being out?

2) Will it need to be fed like a pet does? If so what will the benefits be for having it fed?

3) Will it start at level one when you get it?

4) Will there be a Cash Shop Ali Baba Genie?

5) What will a genie be able to equip? I am assuming you do not have to equip it with armor or weapons since it cannot fight for you.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:angry this will be hmmm new... [but] ~~~ if i heard right ... 200$ for a all class battle pet its just a rip of and i will probably not stop spaming PW is going down until i get baned!!!! cuz what is fair about a free game in witch if u dont pay 200$ u can go F*** yourself b:shutup cuz the game has just became imposible?, never the less the f hellhound was 50$ i wouldnt be surprised if it wil be actualy 200$ for a **** looking fairy b:chuckle

have a good day^^
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    deleted.............
  • Kakashi_San - Heavens Tear
    Kakashi_San - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I will be glad to pay upwards of 150 bucks for an all class ATTACK pet. Would be cool if my foxwing pup could shoot fireball :)

EDIT: good thing we dont have to pay for the Genie :) even better :D
    PWI is kinda fun
    edited March 2009
    b:angry this will be hmmm new... [but] ~~~ if i heard right ... 200$ for a all class battle pet its just a rip of and i will probably not stop spaming PW is going down until i get baned!!!! cuz what is fair about a free game in witch if u dont pay 200$ u can go F*** yourself b:shutup cuz the game has just became imposible?, never the less the f hellhound was 50$ i wouldnt be surprised if it wil be actualy 200$ for a **** looking fairy b:chuckle

have a good day^^
    You heard wrong, GM's stated earlier in this thread, it wont be from the cash shop, and will be from someway in-game. Please read before QQing, your whole post is inccorect.
    I will be glad to pay upwards of 150 bucks for an all class ATTACK pet. Would be cool if my foxwing pup could shoot fireball :)

It seems to be "genies" are just a new skill tree for all players. They cant take damage or tank, so consider it as an extra skill bank. So I wouldnt consider them an attacking pet, seeing as it would be assumed they cant take aggro because they dont take damage or tank.(doubt they even normal attack)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I personally won't mind as much if we have to tame it outselves or if we have to buy it off a veno. One of the perks of being married to a veno. LOL

If its obtainedable by all levels, it can't really be that hard to get. Yes, the spirit points might be a problem at earliers levels. But that should solve itself sooner or later. Although this might be another coin sink...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    b:angry this will be hmmm new... [but] ~~~ if i heard right ... 200$

They are not from cash shops

a all class battle

They are not battle pets either.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    from what i understand .. the genie just gives you access to new skills.. will these skills be able to be used at the same time as other skills..

for instance.. if a wizard is mid cast and gets bled by a phoenix.. will the the wizard be able to stop the bleed mid cast or will it have to wait until its current channelling ends to use this skill?

basically.. does the genie cast it.. or just give you the ability to cast it
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I wonder if they float around you like sage and demon fairies...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    nvm + the rest of 7 caracters

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Actually, a better question would be what is the max skills points a genie can have? If its a low number like 10, there need to be some careful consideration.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited March 2009
    hate jumpy ppl
    I jumped on it because it was mentioned in the First page that they would be available in game.
  • Shougo - Lost City
    Shougo - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venos suck they are the worse overpoweredclass ever. i hate you all. (oh yea, im one of the cool kids now)

I'm just joking though, I love venos. hopefully a few will help me catch up in level when im finally able to play PW again b:laugh

but as for these genies, i dont see any good coming for the clerics:

well theres a skill that can randomly buff a friendly target, and all the buffs are basically cleric buffs (suprise?). and I believe i saw a purifying skill for the genies, but im pretty sure one of those other classes have that skill >.>

all the offensive genie skills are magic based (from the information so far) so im not sure as to where a cleric can benefit from any of this, unless they wanna play dress up and pretend to be a wizard.

another quarrel i have with the genies is they give every class the power to buff and purify; considering every class already has a self heal skill, it just leaves me to wonder where does that leave us clerics in terms of jobs? We've already lost alot of our role thx too hercules (Veno's paid for em and have every right to have them but i still feel bad for my barbarian brethren, especially since our main job was healing them. lol)

All in all, I like the fact that the developers are trying to bring balance to the game, which is always going to be a difficult process. But I'm not seeing how these Genies are benefiting Magic users (especially clerics).
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I jumped on it because it was mentioned in the First page that they would be available in game.

hmm [noob me] but isnt butique part of the "in game" hmmm ok ok keep i'm getting a pretty good image of what this is ... i got the all no damage no agro thing and the part with the new skils like another "E" button . i'm thinking that we can press the fairys button to say defend and we get like a shiled.. k preatty good i think if i'm not wrong again thst they are somehow like the demon/sage cutys but with atributes ... ima noob stil thinking about it...

• Mirajane - Heavens Tear
    Mirajane - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dont know if this has been asked and answered yet but i wasnt going to go through 24 pages to find out >.> anyway i was wondering whether this genie system is exclusive to PWI because i don't think i saw any info on this genie thing on the malaysian servers and stuff.
  • Shougo - Lost City
    Shougo - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dont know if this has been asked and answered yet but i wasnt going to go through 24 pages to find out >.> anyway i was wondering whether this genie system is exclusive to PWI because i don't think i saw any info on this genie thing on the malaysian servers and stuff.

Nah, they are testing it on the chinese servers and then it will be given to the other servers (i believe that is what i read)

when this server first started the big attraction to it was the fact that we would be getting new updates stuff directly from beijing, making us 2nd or 3rd to get stuff (if i recall correctly) so we might get it sooner than other servers, but we wont be the only ones to get it, and certainly not first
This discussion has been closed.