Options

Comments

• Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ooo! there's more:

I want to try and translate.

"I'm not your mother, so don't cry to me. But you can go and cry to [???]. Die, babe."

Um.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Gesar - Lost City
    Gesar - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I always thought Bulgarians where a nice bunch of fellows.
    Bulgarians usually are... i know many of them... but... many of them speak human talk... maybe its just something lost in translation...

this is great!!!! fairies ROCK!!! maybe a bit **** but they still ROCK

on the side note... if i read something from ZOE again im gonna do something bad to my brain.... (i bet shes gonna make a joke about how i dont have it... lol)
    ZOE ur on pve server so plz stop talking about pvp server like u know ANYTHING about it
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bulgarians usually are... i know many of them... but... many of them speak human talk... maybe its just something lost in translation...

this is great!!!! fairies ROCK!!! maybe a bit **** but they still ROCK

on the side note... if i read something from ZOE again im gonna do something bad to my brain.... (i bet shes gonna make a joke about how i dont have it... lol)
    ZOE ur on pve server so plz stop talking about pvp server like u know ANYTHING about it

I've said it before, it does NOT matter if I don't play on a pvp server NOW. Considering I was a big PW-MY player and guess what? Every server was pvp. So shut up please.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So far from what I can tell, since the genies will be available at an NPC or some other in game method of obtaining them. This means that every class will have an equal chance of obtaining the genie. And everyone will be able to determine how to level their own genies and decide what skills to give them according to their playing style. So please explain how this makes any one class have a greater advantage. We don't even know all the skills that are available yet. So it is unfair to automatically assume that the genie will be unbalancing for anyone class.

The genies will not be able to attack directly in the fight, like a veno pet can. I suspect that the damage they do will be simular to using a weapon, which means the mob will target you if you and your genie are more of a threat then anyone else attacking. Think of it as a second weapon and not a pet. This can actually hinder a Venomancer as if the veno starts doing drastically more damage then their pets, then they will steal argo more often. I could also be wrong about this because as Xarfox keeps saying "More details will be provided in the near future". But I think based on the answers we have so far, this would be a likely scenario for how they actually have an effect on the players.

The only questions I have are:
    1) How will you level the Genie. Since it does not attack directly, will it level the same way a riding pet does, just by being out?

2) Will it need to be fed like a pet does? If so what will the benefits be for having it fed?

3) Will it start at level one when you get it?

4) Will there be a Cash Shop Ali Baba Genie?

5) What will a genie be able to equip?
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Reeperofevil - Sanctuary
    Reeperofevil - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol. the genius re-run? please child, go boohoo some more. I have news for you, bleed or no bleed, venomancers are still going to get you. and so is every other class from time to time...except maybe barbarians. and when your precious cries about bleed are no longer valid and you still keep dying because maybe you just aren't that good to begin with...then what will you do? become even more hostile and even more arrogant, and demand that everyone lay down their lives so you can feel better about yourself? oh god the gigglefits.
    It is understandable that most venos don't like this update, because they feel like the one thing that their class had that others didn't is now going to be available to everyone. But this isn't the case. You still have access to a wider selection of pets, and pet heals and support. An archer with a genie isn't exactly going to be able to tank TT1-2 are they?

Also, for those of you crying about how much venos are overpowered, just stop. They are not overpowered, most of them just know how to use their class. If you want to cry about being killed by a phoenix, try actually thinking of a strategy to beat it, stun maybe, and then hit the veno instead of trying to kill their pet?

Getting off point a bit though, but it is possible that the new buffs on the genie could overpower some other classes, such as BMs. For example, if there is say, a genie buff that raises physical defense by 20% for 30 minutes, what would this do for BMs, who already have uber high defense and many defense skill buffs? Before complaining about the class that kills you because your too lazy to come up with a way to beat them, maybe look at other classes and their strengths and weaknesses. b:pleased
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wow that was an unexpected twist. I have no idea how talking about genies turned into translations of some guys english.

On topic: I WANT FARIES!!! Finally I can have some emotional support while grinding crazy mobs.b:pleased
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok I missed something. What are the faries that everyone wants now? Im to lazy to go back and sort through the 10 pages of off topic flame.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Ok I missed something. What are the faries that everyone wants now? Im to lazy to go back and sort through the 10 pages of off topic flame.

someone posted an artwork of the genies, they look like ****ign faeries.
    Back.
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    Options
    someone posted an artwork of the genies, they look like ****ign faeries.

Dang it. Now I have to go back and look. I want to see the fari... ummmm.. genies. lol
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Dang it. Now I have to go back and look. I want to see the fari... ummmm.. genies. lol

They are ****ing faeries!
    i don't care what anyone says, they are faeries xD
    Back.
  • Gesar - Lost City
    Gesar - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've said it before, it does NOT matter if I don't play on a pvp server NOW. Considering I was a big PW-MY player and guess what? Every server was pvp. So shut up please.

sorry admins i know its not the place... but... zoe only thing about u thats bit its ur EGO and ARROGANCE notn more... the reason for "all those PMs for help" isnt cose ur SO great its bcose u TALK ALLOT... common misunderstanding dont feel bad about it...

will genies take pet slot?

will they need to be feed? i know someone asked that so if u answered already no need again ill check back.

will they have MP?

when will other exp stuff be announced???
  • Foxdarkveno - Sanctuary
    Foxdarkveno - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Those are ****ing faeries.

so, i bet u still want 1, and they still look awesome
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    To Venos, these Genies do not seem to be like your pets. They dont tank they dont deal damage they seem to just give players extra skills. So basically the gms have given people new skills and used this genie as a means to implement these new skills. Nothing has replaced your pet other classes dont have something to tank for them so calm down venos have not lost their purpose.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    juntonio wrote: »
    Well, to be onnest, me as a veno, I was pretty mad when I saw what it was.
    The fast that it would be for veno's to will make it a little bit more fair.
    But if point comes to point it's still a good way to push venomancers completely back out of PvP!
    or even take almost all our advantages out of the game!
    what do we have?
    High damage? nuuuuuuuuuu
    High defence? nuuuuuuuuuu
    high hp? nuuuuuuuuu
    the only 2 "advantages" that we have is:
    we don't have to ask help for every piece of sh1tboss
    we don't have alot costs with repairs

further being a venomancer sucks!
    we can't do decend fast grinding since we can't aoe more mobs then our pet can hold agro on at the same time (wich takes alot of time for a few mobs)
    we can't join in zhen party's, we can lure yes, but hardly for any distance
    and now they take away the advantage of having a pet!
    good job ruining venomancers!
    great to introduce 2 awesome (200-250$) pet's and then rip the good things away!

maybe for next you can reduce the damage pets do?
    or maybe don't let pet's take agro and make the venomancer the tank?
    this is just great...

and don't start QQ about my post!

just 1 question, will you have to purchase the skills with spirit/coins?

Your post is full of QQ and u havent said how this new system would take away the advantage of a pet. Its a few new skills for the classes dont see how this makes venos so bad.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Electro Dance
    Affinity Requirement: Metal Level 8
    Learned at Level: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80
    Description: Summons multiple Thunder Birds to strike targets around you.
    Function: Deals metal damage to all targets around you. (Only available while flying.)
    Rumbling Thunder
    Affinity Requirement: Metal Level 7
    Class Requirement: Available to all classes except Venomancer
    Learned at Level: 31, 36, 41, 46, 51, 56, 61, 66, 71, 76
    Description: Shoot an energy ball of thunder at your target.
    Function: Deals metal damage calculated according to your Physical Attack Hit Rate.

So Venomancers can have Electro Dance which deals metal damage, and not Rumbling Thunder which deals metal damage? I don't see how Rumbling Thunder would be feasible to any non melee class.

Seems pretty interesting, looking forward to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You forgot one of the genies xarfox:

Charm Pack Dance
    Affinity Requirement: Coins Level 8
    Learned at Level: 1
    Description: Summons Charm Packs in your inventory to help you out in battle.
    Function: Allows equipping of Charms which come in Packs from the Cash Shop (Only available while flying, walking, or swimming.)
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not enuf facts on how this genie addition will impact the game to have the ability to form an opinion yet. I guess I'll have to see for myself after it all is implimented.

You never know. Us Veno's might find some advantages to this too. Let's not pannick yet.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Everyone who says "Find a strategy to beat venos":

SHUT THE HELL UP

No, seriously, until I see a youtube video of you "finding a strategy" to tank a 9x phoenix while the owner kites like there's no tomorrow.. you all hush. Yes there are pots and all that but we shouldn't have to be doing all this fancy **** to beat a person who only has to click Bleed and then hold down their S key.

Maybe the update will fail, maybe it'll balance the game and venos will cry, but whatever happens, you don't know what you're talking till you've fought a high level phoenix b:bye
    Rundora
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sounds like Arodnur has only dealt with garbage venos that don't know the first thing about pvp. Hopefully this update will get rid of those idiot venos and only the ones that know how to play their class will be doing anything.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Everyone who says "Find a strategy to beat venos":

SHUT THE HELL UP

No, seriously, until I see a youtube video of you "finding a strategy" to tank a 9x phoenix while the owner kites like there's no tomorrow.. you all hush. Yes there are pots and all that but we shouldn't have to be doing all this fancy **** to beat a person who only has to click Bleed and then hold down their S key.

Maybe the update will fail, maybe it'll balance the game and venos will cry, but whatever happens, you don't know what you're talking till you've fought a high level phoenix b:bye

Aren't you an archer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miznatt - Lost City
    Miznatt - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So are the genies going to be the only thing implemented?
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Looking good from what I can tell. Really good. If we venos think the QQ is bad now, itll be twice as bad once this gets implemented. I already see a killer combo. For those that think Blood Clot is gonna save them from dieing a humilating death you are so far wrong.

Enjoy I look forward to this update. As its been said so far meaning venos will be have 1 attack pet and the buff or debuff genie at the same time.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    From what I understand these are all class pet (look like fairy to me) that you have feed, make her armor and level her skill as she leveled.

These pet do buff and debuff - blind, stun, slow / enchant attack etc.

You get these pet via quest (Non Repeatable, so you better know what pet complement your class)

These all class pet does not affect veno capability to summon herc/phoenix they are different. (think like it seated on you charactor slot-like charm)

Like they said, these pet just like another skill set for you.

I kind of like this patch although I do not have fast fingers but those who do will find it adding dynamic to combat system making it more interesting.
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hope we get more hotkeys with the patch as well. I've run out already.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly most of this stuff sounds like they are just trying to make Perfect World more like Zhu Xian. ZX has "kozos" which pretty much sound just like the genies. All classes have pets in ZX as well in addition to their "kozos". Kozos have skills which are class and kozo related that they can use to help you attack, give you more hp/mp/att/crit rate and other stuff. You have to level them as you play as well.

So far ZX isnt unbalanced but Im not sure what this will do to a game like PW, when Veno classes where defined by their ability to alone make raise and have pets. It does take away some of the venos glory.

Personally I dont think its going to do much to help balance the game from any angle. I think its just going to lead to alot more complaints about all classes and their skills.

If they are going to try to make PW more like ZX then just add the legal ingame bot element in the patch for the genies like kozos are and noone will care about the other stuff, they wont even have to "play" the game to level.

Its still funny to check in from time to time and see how much they are constantly **** this game up lol. Happy bickering! b:byeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sounds like Arodnur has only dealt with garbage venos that don't know the first thing about pvp. Hopefully this update will get rid of those idiot venos and only the ones that know how to play their class will be doing anything.

Welcome to Lost City.
    Aren't you an archer?

Yes...
    Rundora
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

You mean garbage venos like yourself? the ones that get molded equips at lvl 3x to +12, dont use pets, claim that bms who use stuns suck, compare killing rare pets to taking a real life and calls all of us pvp players cowards coz we dont commit real lifer murder?
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options

The point is this is THE MAJORITY of venos.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes...

Aren't archers supposed to be the bees-knees of PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You mean garbage venos like yourself? the ones that get molded equips at lvl 3x to +12, dont use pets, claim that bms who use stuns suck, compare killing rare pets to taking a real life and calls all of us pvp players cowards coz we dont commit real lifer murder?

We don't?

Oh, and why are people assuming all this random **** that hasn't been said? Who said you can only get 1 genie? Who said they need armors or need to be fed? As long as there is no overpowered ****, like the buff skill would probably do for archers and clerics (unless it's eitehr very weak or doesn't stack with existing buffs), then having a few more skills wouldn't be a problem. I initially thought the genies would hit alongside you like the pets do, which would be **** left and right, everyone would be dying super fast.
This discussion has been closed.