Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It could also be construed that it is also the player's fault for clicking on it, not reading the information provided before entering in a time, not reading the onscreen warning, and then confirming it.

But that's why we're here, we love to help everyone out when something seems complicated! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nivekkr
    nivekkr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So I am relatively new to this game and I was messing around with the settings and I accidentally changed the safety lock feature(which basically locks up your items) to 15 hours instead of the 1 minute default. I have tried to change it back to 1 minute, but whenever I log on, it still starts over for 15 hours! Anybody know how can I fix this problem?
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2009
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nivekkr
    edited February 2009
    So do I just have to wait out the 15 hours?
  • nivekkr
    edited February 2009
    Oh damn... well ok, I guess I will have to wait 3 days then. Thanks for the help!
  • annavay
    annavay Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My boyfriend is having a slightly different issue he recently made a new character and all was fine then all of a sudden when he tried to put on a new piece of armor he couldn't it said it was locked, he was also unable to sell any items. He said he has NEVER touched the safety lock. I pulled up his menu to see if it was sill on the defult setting and it in fact was still on default, untouched. Neither of us clicked on anything other than cancel but even if had that was well over 72 hours ago. But the strange thing is that it works fine for a while then sometime during the course of gaming it acts as if the safety locks are set but if logs out and back in then it seems as if all is working fine, this may last 5 minutes or 5 hours then locks up again but it seems to work ok after relog each time. Any ideas what could cause this? Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks so much
  • Blitze - Lost City
    Blitze - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I did the change s to form say to do and it still not fixed and I been waiting week and half something wrong here.?>.>?. Alright Come on Gms dont even answer in game come on guys someone answer lol.
  • dvd709
    dvd709 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This s **** i setted it on 24hours and im fked u guyz messed up game becuz of this like an newbie just started to play and than puts that thing on to for example 18 hours he's just fked and believe me such people will definetly stop playing inmediatly and than you guyz lost an player of the game community and than the question comes: You guyz are happy with 1 lost member in game? Probably NO!! I should suggest something like sending an disable Safety Lock email with an activation link would be alot easyer....I'd like an reply on thisb:angry :mad
  • crazyleggz
    crazyleggz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OMG! This feature is just stupid.

Why can't the GM's just activate it back if i prove it by mail that iam the accountholder.

I'am just level 48 and iam thinking about to stop playing. I dont want to wait 72 houres till i can play b:angryb:angry
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dvd709 wrote: »
    This s **** i setted it on 24hours and im fked u guyz messed up game becuz of this like an newbie just started to play and than puts that thing on to for example 18 hours he's just fked and believe me such people will definetly stop playing inmediatly and than you guyz lost an player of the game community and than the question comes: You guyz are happy with 1 lost member in game? Probably NO!! I should suggest something like sending an disable Safety Lock email with an activation link would be alot easyer....I'd like an reply on thisb:angry :mad
    crazyleggz wrote: »
    OMG! This feature is just stupid.

Why can't the GM's just activate it back if i prove it by mail that iam the accountholder.

I'am just level 48 and iam thinking about to stop playing. I dont want to wait 72 houres till i can play b:angryb:angry
    I did the change s to form say to do and it still not fixed and I been waiting week and half something wrong here.?>.>?. Alright Come on Gms dont even answer in game come on guys someone answer lol.

1. Select the Safety Lock
    2. Change the number to 1 Minute
    3. Confirm
    4. Confirm

DO NOT TOUCH, LOOK AT, OR THINK ABOUT THE SAFETY LOCK EVER AGAIN.
    In about 3 days, everything should be back to normal.

GMs cannot change this for you.

Have a nice day.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • angerfist2009
    angerfist2009 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't understand the reason of this "Safety LOCK" if there are not a "password" solution to desactivate it... If there was one that would be a good protection for an account and that would surely confirm the 24h time to prevent hacking.

I've tough of going to holidays okay you have to connect 3 days before going back home to can play that's useless and annoying because staying connected 24h is impossible in this game due to maintenance hours.

And another thing... if there is a hacker who want to take your items off, he just have to wait that the safety lock is returned to 1 minute and take them off by that way...

Sorry for the inconveignance and good luck for stucked ones ^^;
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ...staying connected 24h is impossible in this game due to maintenance hours....

Unless there is emergency maintenance, Perfect World has maintenance scheduled once per week, so 24 hours is possible :).
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2009
    I've tough of going to holidays okay you have to connect 3 days before going back home to can play that's useless and annoying because staying connected 24h is impossible in this game due to maintenance hours.
    You do not have to stay connected to the game for three days. You merely have to wait for three days to pass, either in-game or out of game, and the Safety Lock will change to a minute. But you have to set it for a minute first, and you absolutely CANNOT touch the safety lock settings during those three days or the three-day wait will start over.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• magatsy
    magatsy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If i let the pc on and the timer is couting will that be reset after the time is up?

Sorry my English

surtr wrote: »
    Lately we've been seeing an increasing amount of incidents related to users improperly using the Safety Lock function.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the actions mentioned below. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

zomlwjtntk.jpg
  • surtr
    edited February 2009
    You do not need to leave your computer turned on. The three-day timer will count down even while the game and your computer are off.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• magatsy
    edited February 2009
    But everytime i log the time reset and 24h couting again.
    Then i put a 1min and relog and appears 24h.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2009
    Once you reset the timer to 1 minute, then LEAVE IT ALONE for 3 days, 4 days if you are unsure.
  • magatsy
    edited February 2009
    i just wanna this fixed, because already spend a lot of money on the this game.
    Last thing, i cant play on him when the time is counting?
  • surtr
    edited February 2009
    You can play while the time is counting down. Please note that during this time the Safety Lock will continue to show 24 hours, because that is the current setting; it will not change to 1 minute until the three days are up. Do *NOT* keep changing it to 1 minute, because all this will do is reset the three-day timer. So, step-by-step, here is what you have to do.

1. Set the Safety Lock to one minute, *ONCE*
    2. Do NOT under any circumstances touch the Safety Lock again
    3. Wait three days, either in-game our out of game
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• magatsy
    edited February 2009
    tks alot for the help.
    Will wait now.

Tks again.
  • Scheilein - Sanctuary
    Scheilein - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sigh.. just.. why.. WHY on earth people don't read before they put something in and yell out that this feature is stupid when they didn't even read before put an act on it?

which is more stupid? the player or the feature?

I can't say this feature is a very smart idea, but definitely it's not a bad one since we have lotsa players out there who don't even know how to read properly, and start complaining about it.

For those who complain about it and threat to quit, you might just go on and quit. Nothing would be able to satisfy you if you just wanna quit so easy coz you did something incorrectly and you try to blame at the feature.
  • aspidtauris
    aspidtauris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have 1 problem. my lock to inventory no go, and reset itself when i enter in game, how help me?

AspidTauris
  • aspidtauris
    aspidtauris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have 1 problem: my inventory is forever locked, and time is reset when i enter in game, how need get? gasoline and flame this game?b:laugh

AspidTaurisb:dirty
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aspidtauris - Sanctuary
    Aspidtauris - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    scuse, not forever people are clever, and for be quick, i'm stupid....
    have look 5 minutes after the rugulation to safety lock.....

i say scuse for the disturb, and thank for ur help, bye and thx again. b:laugh

AspidTauris
  • bakiu
    bakiu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    imo this option like now it is a completly "how to kick out from game the players to the real life" button.

Maybe you should redesign the functionality of this button like:

- new option at account manager for a new password, related to this button
    - when you are ingame and you use this function, you must activate with the password what i wrote above
    - when you want to deactivate you must type the password of the safety lock
    - dont give any value (1 minute now) for this option, it is still active until you dont deactivate with the correct password

So at least a simply "what i mean":

Lets think i am a student at a collage and i have room mates, who can access my PC without my word when im not there. I play and i must go out for eating or something like this. I press the button for lock my account/character and i write my password related to this function and i leave my PC. I come back, my account/char is still under lock, so i write my password to unlock it and i start to play.

Ofc there is a possibility that someone saw my password, but it has a really low chance. What you mean?

but how do u do a password in the game tell me cause this **** sucks man
  • akibaby
    akibaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sometimes it's not possible. i was getting booted alot when i was setting it. i didn't want anything to happen to my account when i was having so much trouble. i -didn't- get to see the warning. i was booted. 3 times. so yeah. when i came back it was set..nothing i could do
  • Dragonswan - Sanctuary
    Dragonswan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hi you guys,

can't i just let the whole safety lock thing be? like 'oh this shiny blinking thing there is kind of distracting and hypnotizing.....and forgotten b:laugh
    i'm stil low level --> very unexperienced --> have made lots of mistakes already and therefore don't dare to change anything which will get in the way of my playing.
  • konafan
    konafan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have problems with the safety lock... Well, I put in time by mistake (not reading like most of the people).

I was wondering : If I stay online until the safety lock timer ends, it'll unlock, but if I log out, will it still be unlocked? Or will it be back to the time set... 'Cause I don't want to wait for 3 days before I could play again!

And I also wonder : If I changed the setting, and logged out, and then logged in, the Current Setting is back to what I have set, and the Time Remaining too. But if I only click on the Safety Lock icon under my face, will it reset the 3 days I have to wait?

I want answers please. ^^
  • Xaell - Sanctuary
    Xaell - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    konafan wrote: »
    I have problems with the safety lock... Well, I put in time by mistake (not reading like most of the people).

I was wondering : If I stay online until the safety lock timer ends, it'll unlock, but if I log out, will it still be unlocked? Or will it be back to the time set... 'Cause I don't want to wait for 3 days before I could play again!

And I also wonder : If I changed the setting, and logged out, and then logged in, the Current Setting is back to what I have set, and the Time Remaining too. But if I only click on the Safety Lock icon under my face, will it reset the 3 days I have to wait?

I want answers please. ^^

I now had my answer by myself... And that really S***S! The damn Safety Lock really **** me off. I waited the whole time. And when I connected just now, it restarted! That's f*****g g**.

Why does it have to restart each time?! That's stupid.