FBs show true colours

Options

Comments

• Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When my fac run an fb - for one of our members or someone else - we won't leave until the job is done (including any mobs needed within the fb), as this is just part of the deal.

I must be honest though, I've never heard of this "tabber gets molds etc" thing before - in every fb I've been on it's always random drops and personally I have no problem with this even though I can honestly say that a mold has dropped on every single fb I have tabbed for to date, and as of yet I haven't got one of them. Random split is only fair as far as I'm concerned - never even heard of it being done any other way.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not true. me at 69 and another Veno at 62 took Kong down with my Herc. I solo'd fb51 at lvl 57. Did most of the world bosses including Slitt, Empyrean Slither (did him with a lvl 54 herc), Kimsa etc with a pet 5 levels lower than them and my lvl 7 pet heal. Only certain bosses gave me exceptional trouble. Krimson.. I ain't even gonna bother trying. Kong.. not unless I have another Veno to back me up. But the majority of the other World and FB Bosses are no problem. Might take some time to kill. but generally not a problem. TT bosses on the other hand.. Squad mode 1-2 the Lord of Percussion with his nasty AOE that gets stronger as you get closer to killing him.... HE HURTS and I STILL can't tank his **** down yet w/o a Good cleric with BB. Have that and your gtg though.

~S

There are a few bosses I've noticed venos just cannot handle. Lke you said... Krimson, as well as a few others. I've found that Jewel is also one, but I'm not quite sure on that. Is it possible for, say... A windwalking Piggy, or a Pheonix to tank this guy? I sent out a level 60 Foxwing Supreme, and it got killed in one hit.

Also, as for the drops... If it is my FB, I only run on free distribution with faction members, who allow me to get first dibs on the drops. I take only what I can actually use, and everyone knows it. (The bonus of being a trusted Leader.b:pleased) On everyone else's FB, I never touch the drops unless it is set to random and doesn't matter.

On the note of asking for higher level help... I've never understood why this has become such a common occurance. I mean, yes, FB's do suck sometimes. It takes a while to get through them. You might die... ETC. But isn't it worth the challenge and the fact that you don't completely **** the drop rates by having super high people do it for you? I've gotten a ton of molds and Darkness Stamps by doing them with people my level. We did FB 39 and got 4 DS's and 2 Molds. In addition to a few Three star items.

Also...I see bosses all the time where people ask for high level help as well... "Looking for level 80 cleric for [insert boss here]" When most can be done close to around your level. Granted, a lot of bosses cannot be done at the exact level you get them, but asking for help the instant you get the quest??? I've seen it... Guy talks to an NPC, gets a boss quest, and shouts in WC... It was an easy boss, too. Kun Kun. First off... WTF? You can't do Kun Kun in a squad... Second, Kun Kun is the easiest boss in the entire game... I mean... I could understand asking for high level help once you've actually tried and wiped on a boss, but some don't even try. They see boss, and cry for help. What gives?
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also...I see bosses all the time where people ask for high level help as well... "Looking for level 80 cleric for [insert boss here]" When most can be done close to around your level. Granted, a lot of bosses cannot be done at the exact level you get them, but asking for help the instant you get the quest??? I've seen it... Guy talks to an NPC, gets a boss quest, and shouts in WC... It was an easy boss, too. Kun Kun. First off... WTF? You can't do Kun Kun in a squad... Second, Kun Kun is the easiest boss in the entire game... I mean... I could understand asking for high level help once you've actually tried and wiped on a boss, but some don't even try. They see boss, and cry for help. What gives?

The WC boss requets sometime makes me crazy, I have seen more then once, some one calling level 75+ barb and cleric to kill krixxx (forget how to spell, in front of FB29).
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In defense of the Sanctuary community, I will note first that "tabber gets the molds and drops" was not the rule back when I played on HT. It is something that has evolved - probably through the more mature server having more high levels competing for relatively scarce FB runs.

Second, I'll note that there are a lot of very good people on Sanctuary even though there are plenty of jerks too (just like everywhere, I guess). One of the things that has made me actually fond of my current faction was an FB19 run a group of us were doing just a few hours before we had a TW. Despite talking to the tabholder throughout about the count of mobs, we somehow got signals crossed and killed the boss before he had his full count. Now, I've been in that spot on one of my characters and know it is miserable. So, I was ready to go back in with him. I fully expected the rest of the squad to run off since everybody always has lots to do before a TW. But, without even any discussion, everybody ran back to the entrance and went through again.

Oh, and somebody mentioned the lack of WC messages about a group killing non-FB bosses for others. I know this is not as common as the FB spam, but I have also seen the messages like "Faction X is killing Jewel now for anyone that needs it." More commonly, I've seen an almost uniform willingness for squads to help out anyone waiting nearby for a boss or a squad-required quest.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On the note of asking for higher level help... I've never understood why this has become such a common occurance. I mean, yes, FB's do suck sometimes. It takes a while to get through them. You might die... ETC. But isn't it worth the challenge and the fact that you don't completely **** the drop rates by having super high people do it for you? I've gotten a ton of molds and Darkness Stamps by doing them with people my level. We did FB 39 and got 4 DS's and 2 Molds. In addition to a few Three star items.

It's because high level folks are hungry for rep. So they offer to help, and the low level folks take them up on it. The lowered drop rate isn't noticed because it's very hard to notice something which doesn't happen. If the bosses were guaranteed to drop 3-star items or molds when run by an appropriate-level group, it'd be a different story. But I just ran an FB19 with a low level group and all we got were coins. So when people run it with high levels and get only coins, they just assume they were unlucky. It never occurs to them that the high level folks in the party deprived them of drops.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've found that Jewel is also one, but I'm not quite sure on that. Is it possible for, say... A windwalking Piggy, or a Pheonix to tank this guy? I sent out a level 60 Foxwing Supreme, and it got killed in one hit.

JewelScalen is another of those mobs that I can't take out solo yet. Same thing. Level 70 Nix and JewelScalen 2 shots it after debuff. First shot 98% of my poor Nix's life, second shot dead, third shot I'm looking at a Goto Town/Ressuerct message.

Tried with two other Veno's helping to heal my pet. Same thing. Jewels just is way overpowered for a lvl 55 mob(NERF JEWELSCALEN!).

~S
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    (NERF JEWELSCALEN!).

OR,

Get off your veno high-horse and call a barb. I just tanked him last night, not to mention back when i was lvl 54, I tanked him then too. Props to my clerics Nayethe and Aavery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    More commonly, I've seen an almost uniform willingness for squads to help out anyone waiting nearby for a boss or a squad-required quest.

I was guildless between level 4x and 6x. I get all my bosses done by just waiting near by the boss, and ask if they have room to take one more when I see a squad come in. I have only had one squad refused to take me when they have open slot. Good people will always out number bad people, no matter where. But it is painful to sit there and wait, sometime even sit there for more than a hour or two. So now I always stop by to see if anyone needs help when I close to the boss I can beat.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OR,

Get off your veno high-horse and call a barb. I just tanked him last night, not to mention back when i was lvl 54, I tanked him then too. Props to my clerics Nayethe and Aavery.
    I already have the Jewel Quest completed. Had a Barb help me with it. That is not the point of my statement. What I said is I am still unable to tank jewelscalen, even with a lvl 70 Nix. The Nerf JewelScalen bit was humor. You must have missed that, no worries, it was a bit obscure.

Anyway... I continue to try to solo world Bosses that have killed me before, until I can solo them. Why? Because I like doing that. I ENJOY finally being able to kill something w/o needing to ask for others help.

Also Alpine, there was no need to get nasty with the High-Horse bit. Next time, look at the players level and maybe consider the fact that some of us might actually LIKE to be able to kill things for ourselves and NOT look for others to do it for us. (which was one reason I rolled a Veno)

~Saitada
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, FB's really do show peoples true characters.

For instance, here was a recent FB51 which were taken during my friends FB-51. I was appalled when I looked at the pictures.

Of course, the people yelling at the poor girl to put the tab in were high levelled players. More disappointingly the majority of the comments in upper case come from a Venomancer in Conqueror on Lost City.

The tabber was obviously asking repeatedly to finish off a quest because she knew they wouldn't help her. And so far, they haven't.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3100/20090220133534sv7.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1637/20090220133640mt1.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9765/20090220133743bz2.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4738/20090220133847te3.jpg
  • davais
    edited February 2009
    Options

For instance, here was a recent FB51 which were taken during my friends FB-51. I was appalled when I looked at the pictures.

Of course, the people yelling at the poor girl to put the tab in were high levelled players. More disappointingly the majority of the comments in upper case come from a Venomancer in Conqueror on Lost City.

The tabber was obviously asking repeatedly to finish off a quest because she knew they wouldn't help her. And so far, they haven't.

Nice job, as far as I can see, for some reason the party already started on boss, and tab holder still do not want to tab until she get the mob she need, and the group did say will get the mob for her afterword right?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Even though there is no way you can prove this is a real FB. I believe is real and this has happened so many times that I still do not understand why people continue saying is the tabber's fault and that you should go with people at your own level and stuff.

There are many treads on this own forum about these stories.
  • angellicdeity
    edited February 2009
    Options
    davais wrote: »
    Nice job, as far as I can see, for some reason the party already started on boss, and tab holder still do not want to tab until she get the mob she need, and the group did say will get the mob for her afterword right?

I'm not sure, I haven't checked on her for the past 20 minutes. Last I heard she's still has to kill the one Magus that she'd been asking for. Also, they only said that once they were close to killing the final boss. I had the privy of being able to hover over her laptop while she was doing it - albeit I was unable to participate due to my low-levelled status.

In that situation even I would be reluctant to believe that they were sincere in any way.
    Even though there is no way you can prove this is a real FB. I believe is real and this has happened so many times that I still do not understand why people continue saying is the tabber's fault and that you should go with people at your own level and stuff.

There are many treads on this own forum about these stories.

I've got the full screenshot's. I cropped the images and blurred the names at the request of my friend. She prefers to remain anonymous. Besides - I believe there is some sort of forum rule against public bashing.

However, I can provide full versions of the screenshot clearly showing the dungeon, etc.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the language shown by those high levels in those pics is so bad.

Wow, it appears they want some drugs or something.
  • davais
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the language shown by those high levels in those pics is so bad.

Wow, it appears they want some drugs or something.

I am not saying who is right who is wrong. but when the party started on the boss, the tab holder have to tab no matter he/she wants or not. since he/she is going to have a hard time to find a party to kill the last boss for her even she has the tab. FB51 is unwined, you can not just run in to kill the last boss, you also will have to kill the first boss in order to kill the door man to open the door to the last boss. The party should have not start on the boss before tab holder tab in.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

This is very confusing. Parts of it suggest it is happening on one of the first two bosses (where it is common for a party to get surprised by the boss as it patrols - an explanation if not an excuse for some of the tension). Other parts sound like the party had gotten all the way to the third boss and even made some detour to pick up her mobs (since rushing straight through usually leaves more than just one magus).
  • angellicdeity
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is very confusing. Parts of it suggest it is happening on one of the first two bosses (where it is common for a party to get surprised by the boss as it patrols - an explanation if not an excuse for some of the tension). Other parts sound like the party had gotten all the way to the third boss and even made some detour to pick up her mobs (since rushing straight through usually leaves more than just one magus).

No you are right, This text is taken from when she picked up her last tab - and walked to the 3rd boss to when they began killing it even though she had not tabbed it in yet.

The party only killed what was in the path towards the bosses. No detours were taken. She confided that she was becoming increasingly upset when they would "shuttle" over and "hug" a wall in the attempt to dodge a few monsters which she needed.

Things seemed to go well for the first 2 bosses despite similar requests to kill monsters she needed.

Honestly, I think FB's just bring up bad blood. The higher levels are more concerned with the exp obtained and not about helping the lower levels either.
  • sotsf
    sotsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What is amazing is that all those high levers must have gone through the dungeon during their FB run as well. Still they act rashly. Not concerned about the experience of a first timer.

She was right to NOT trust them. There was no reason to.

Given the direction this whole scenario was going, they engaged the final boss before every mob was killed. If they already knew that all mobs won't be killed in a single go-through, then they should have mentioned it to her before hand. Previous posts in this same thread do mention that all quest mobs can be killed if they just take "other" corridors.

I was pressured in as well in FB 51 and payed for it, but I applaud to you for your courage b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i don't think that you don't get drops with high level party
    fb19, lvl 7x tanked it for me, got mold and one 3* dunno what
    fb29, lvl 5x tanked, 1 3* item
    fb39, lvl 9x players, got two 3* items(those ppl were from Radiance, they never ask for drops, always gets full party in really short time, does all needed quests, finish fb really fast and smooth, so far best nongreedy guild for fbs that i know b:cute)

and i have runned some fbs with my friends and let them do most dmg to boss, never got drops. when i helped them to kill then we got drops, even some molds in nontabbed fbs XD
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I know people are like that but has not happenes to me..

fb51- got a group to run both me and my husband back to back. I was first and needed one more of the 8 8 8 mobs..which they looked for..a long time (they tried) and we got it on the second run. All was well ^^

fb59- got a group to run me through and they showed me where all the things u have to mine are, and made sure i didnt leave party after last boss, and took me to the culti statue b:victory only thing that went wrong was..before i went into the fb i could find the guilded princess and ..was not able to talk to the statue inside for the fruit.. b:chuckle that was my fault tho lol. anyways..i still need to talk to that statue inside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • davais
    edited February 2009
    Options

I am confused too, seems to me the party was getting the mobs for him/her, then how did they started on boss without getting all the mob he/she needs. the last boss in the 51 should not surprise the party. and seems to me, someone in the party dead, almost all of the CQs are 80+, unless they made some serious mistake, there is noway they will die in 51. anyway this is no happy ending for this FB run, If I am in the party, I most likely will not going to get the last mob for the tab holder even I planned to do it. The tab holder do have a reason to not tab, the party do also have a reason to just TP out.

Too many thread talking about bad FB run, which made tab holders too cautious, which in turn will make a good run go bad. like this one, since I do believe the party will get the last mob for him/her, otherwise they would not waste their time to get to the point "only 1 more".
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am not saying who is right who is wrong. but when the party started on the boss, the tab holder have to tab no matter he/she wants or not. since he/she is going to have a hard time to find a party to kill the last boss for her even she has the tab. FB51 is unwined, you can not just run in to kill the last boss, you also will have to kill the first boss in order to kill the door man to open the door to the last boss. The party should have not start on the boss before tab holder tab in.

I guess you might still find people interested in doing this, just for getting the so desired REPS.
  • Driftus - Lost City
    Driftus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I got my 51 fb kinda done too, whats messed up for the last tab i left to dragon end to get last part, came back n finished lotta good drops.
    But i when i ported out to town to get last tab they killed some mobs i needed and didnt get the full quest, so im stuck with an fb quest that no one wants to do cause theres no real value.
    Thnx Enraged/conq/whoever else.
    But hey I i got part of it done. ^^
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The bottom of the first screen and top of the second screen where they say aww boss. I'm sorry but your not gonna say something like that unless you planned the go after the boss then.

I'd really like to see the whole convo during the whole fb.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • AnimalB - Heavens Tear
    AnimalB - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This goes out as a warning to all. When allowing others to run your Fbs, strike a good deal with them like making them help out along with your spirit cultivation. I ran my Fb51 on Sanctuary server yesterday with a guild that shall not be named. (Occupies Northeast Territories)

Now that being said they did indeed help me with my spiritual cultivation, to kill the 3 elite mobs and I went off to get my tabs then. I realised i needed one more level 60 elite (Luminoc Architect) for my spirit cultivation. When i tried several times to get help from the said guild running my FB, I did not get a response. Then the 2 bosses in 59 were gone. I asked them for a response again and they said they need a tank. Fair enough I thought. Since the party in my FB consists of 3 level 70+ venos, 1 level 70+ cleric and 1 level 70+ Wizard, I thought a tank was necessary so I believed them that a tank was needed for Luminoc Architect (59 culti and not part of the deal then)

I got in again after getting the third tab. My mobs were not finished yet. I needed to get just one more Mistrealm terrawrath magus in order to complete the mobs but the same party had to say that we need 2 RUNS to finish that. Next minute i know they were on the third Boss. Under the pressure i received from them to Tab it i placed in the tab, which i obviously did not want to because the deal was to finish the spirit culti (Done since luminoc is 59 culti), mobs along with the FB. FB was done and poof they're all gone. They gave excuses like going to sleep and busy and we need a tank and stuff and obviously expressed disinterest.

Edit:Luminoc Architect is for 59 culti. My bad.

Eventually Feyrana from the guild SkyRebelz helped me with luminoc architect together with the cleric, and then eventually she even went into the FB51 with me to help me get my last terrawrath magus.

Kudos to that. Learn from my experience friends. Some people rock while some are just scum.

I sure git what U're say'n & I come here 2 learn from U the experienced players. While I'm still somewhat a noob & new 2 the game I & my son play like almost everynite. He started our guild as leader as soon as we were able & we talk daily bout how we want it 2 be (respected) brings me 2 a story so we are at the lvl now we can take tabbers on fb19..& remembering my fb 19 know'n now they took most of my drops & I thanked them not knowing then I had been robbed..So on my Fb39 was really the first time that something happened that really woke me up. A blademaster called Pharse (HT)would tank 4 the team & when the bosses would die...(for the first time in any of my Fb's) He would say Animal come git U're stuff...wuz the first time I saw it dun rite...they work together like a well oiled machine..even helped me carry my drops when my invt. was full.(gave them to me in town at my safe..)And as my son & I grow our little guild family & help with fbs we will be sure it done rite with integrity and earn the respect of our fellow players...not scum
  • AnimalB - Heavens Tear
    AnimalB - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I sure git what U're say'n & I come here 2 learn from U the experienced players. While I'm still somewhat a noob & new 2 the game I & my son play like almost everynite. He started our guild as leader as soon as we were able & we talk daily bout how we want it 2 be (respected) brings me 2 a story so we are at the lvl now we can take tabbers on fb19..& remembering my fb 19 know'n now they took most of my drops & I thanked them not knowing then I had been robbed..So on my Fb39 was really the first time that something happened that really woke me up. A blademaster called Pharse (HT)would tank 4 the team & when the bosses would die...(for the first time in any of my Fb's) He would say Animal come git U're stuff...wuz the first time I saw it dun rite...they work together like a well oiled machine..even helped me carry my drops when my invt. was full.(gave them to me in town at my safe..)And as my son & I grow our little guild family & help with fbs we will be sure it done rite with integrity and earn the respect of our fellow players...not scum
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just like MY-en, my level 75 BM there still needs "Gulescales Flying Dracon"(Jewelscalen), Shade Dismal, last FB51 boss for book quest, Krimson, Enma(Gargantakong), and many others. People just care about their EXP and rep, once they get that, they just *** off. I didn't do FB59 until 71, because I couldn't farm the mats with PKers guarding them, how god damn sad is that?

b:angry
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i do believe dismal shade quest comes up at the lvl 40s, there was no way the guys running fb29 with u could've done it for u.
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    i do believe dismal shade quest comes up at the lvl 40s, there was no way the guys running fb29 with u could've done it for u.
    I did my FBs well over 10 levels late each time, I asked about Dismal during 39(which was done at like 50), and they said "Dismal poison poison poison u 2 death now way u can do that wait til 80 la". I got lucky with Chin, there was a person making a party for it. -.-;
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Honestly I'd have to say i'd have to agree with the original poster. I had an FB69 run on which I asked for help which came mostly from Outlaw. Yes they did help me that much is true but when I asked for my drops as tab holder they ignored me completely and left when it was all done.

FB69 to this day has felt like my worst run of an FB ever. In my experience all FB runs should be done with ur own guild and with people you can trust and that you respect, y'know genuinely honest people. I've had more laughs with the guild I'm in then with my fb69 run with outlaw which just felt depressing after completion, I actually regretted asking anyone outside the guild for help and now know better.

As for outlaw Im not badmouthing your guild entirely, Just the ones that I had the misfortune of working with. A great guild you maybe but I dont think I could trust your guild entirely. Soz

That aside if anyone needs help their fb's, call me anytime. All drops that come from FB's will go to the tab holder respectively, that's what the guild im in has always done for me, that's what I shall always do for anyone else. No more, no less.