FBs show true colours

Options
12346»

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It does that because of levels. The higher the level the more screwed up the drop rate. Get a lot of higher people, and it pretty much drops the drop rate down the tubes. I've tested it a few times in FB's I can solo. Alone, I tend to get some drops on average. With a friend, not so many. More than 2 and you would be EXTREMELY lucky to get any drops other than coins.

One time a mold dropped in fb19 when I was helping someone with a party of random high levels, and plenty of times 3* items drop for them too, it's not always so bad. b:chuckle

If you're on dreamweaver and need help with fb 19 29 39, call me b:victory
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary
    Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    some people really suck... but u know what? its not always the high levels helping...
    I was helping on an FB39 wich in my opinion its the most boring one and when we reached the first boss "the tabber" was rushing me to go and tank it and kill it along with my team. I refused to move until he tabbed so he ran to the pillar and said its done now goooooooo. it didnt apear any message i knew then that he didnt had a tab and he wanted us to do the fb just to get mystical blood (so i presume since he kept whispering me to give him the blood). dont know why people do this. do they think we are idiots? we left squad when he decided to atack the first boss. Well something good came out of that... he died xD
    Saving Ladies...For the Old Fashioned Joy of Killing....

hope the only lady u wanna save is me sethie... b:cute
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I refused to move until he tabbed so he ran to the pillar and said its done now goooooooo. it didnt apear any message i knew then that he didnt had a tab and he wanted us to do the fb just to get mystical blood (so i presume since he kept whispering me to give him the blood). dont know why people do this. do they think we are idiots? we left squad when he decided to atack the first boss. Well something good came out of that... he died xD

Well, I was just in such similar squad. Since the perpetrator was a guild member. I gave him two choices: you either leave the guild or I will leave.

I left the guild.

I know, my decision was probably stupid but I got too pissed off as I cant share guild with people like him. I sent an email to the director, its either that idiot or me.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Man that must have sucked!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    One time a mold dropped in fb19 when I was helping someone with a party of random high levels, and plenty of times 3* items drop for them too, it's not always so bad. b:chuckle

Oh, I agree. It does happen. A 39 run I went on recently, we got a WoF and a Barbaric Warrior's Ring Mold. And I just did a 19 today, and got some good drops from Throm. Also got some good laughs, too. You know those ants in his room? All 18 of them? Yeah, turns out they don't like a Fox Form veno who sparks before using Befuddling Mist and Malefic Crush to AoE them. b:laugh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    First off, I don't see why anyone would tab "under pressure." Your fb is almost like a hostage situation. As long as you don't tab, your demands can still be met.
    There is no risk in tabbing. If the group starts acting like a jerk after you tab, just quit the group. You have to be squad leader to tab, and when you leave the group it violates one of the conditions for the tabbed quest. Everyone auto-fails the quest, and you get your tabs back. The tabber always has control right up until the boss dies (which means the tabber has no control over loot distribution).
    I've done probably 150 FB39s solo from levels 54 to 63, exploring the dungeon and farming it for molds and drops. At this point I'm about 80% sure of two things:

1. The mold drop rate seems to be tied to high levels. The rate at which the bosses dropped coins seemed to match the drop rate given on pwdatabase. But after I passed 11 levels higher than the boss, the rate I got molds went from once every 4-5 drops to once every ~15 drops. It was like a faucet got turned off, and it basically wasn't worth farming the FB anymore.

2. There is probably anti-farming code in the game. On one occasion I did FB39 over and over during a weekend. Towards the end I had a streak of coin-only drops which, using the drop rates given on pwdatabase, had a 0.4% probability of happening by random chance alone. (This could have influenced my perception of (1) above, which is why I only say 80% sure.)
    I was helping on an FB39 wich in my opinion its the most boring one and when we reached the first boss "the tabber" was rushing me to go and tank it and kill it along with my team. I refused to move until he tabbed so he ran to the pillar and said its done now goooooooo. it didnt apear any message i knew then that he didnt had a tab
    It's essential to tab before you start the fight with the first FB39 boss. Occasionally the tabbed quest for that boss gets bugged. One person will correctly get the quest, while another gets a "mission already taken" error even though he doesn't have the quest. The only way I've found to clear it is to have everyone quit the group (so everyone auto-fails, including the tabber), then reform the group. This is not something you want to be futzing with during a fight against an AOE boss.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have seen things get Ugly in an Fb myself.
    As I rapidly advance towards these higher fbs. I am going to let them know my conditions upfront.
    No mobs. NO TAB.
    Seriously it's a little bizarre when people stop looking at you like a person but they look at you like a bunch of tasty exp flavored meat.
  • Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary
    Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, I was just in such similar squad. Since the perpetrator was a guild member. I gave him two choices: you either leave the guild or I will leave.

I left the guild.

I know, my decision was probably stupid but I got too pissed off as I cant share guild with people like him. I sent an email to the director, its either that idiot or me.

lol u were in my squad. this happened today with us xD
    Saving Ladies...For the Old Fashioned Joy of Killing....

hope the only lady u wanna save is me sethie... b:cute
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have seen things get Ugly in an Fb myself.
    As I rapidly advance towards these higher fbs. I am going to let them know my conditions upfront.
    No mobs. NO TAB.
    Seriously it's a little bizarre when people stop looking at you like a person but they look at you like a bunch of tasty exp flavored meat.

You do realize that up to level 70+ FBs, any high level can make more exp and gold just grinding than they can running FBs? Also, it is possible to get virtualy the same ammount of rep just by grinding and running some of the recorring quests?

You need the high levels more than they need you. You have the choice to form a party of people your level and run a FB in 3-4 hours, an die multiple times or you can ask high levels for help and get your quest done in 15-30minutes. IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

For the OP, were you polite and respectful enough to offer to pay for their costs? You know gear does not repair itself, and cleric charms do not autofill.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You need the high levels more than they need you. You have the choice to form a party of people your level and run a FB in 3-4 hours, an die multiple times or you can ask high levels for help and get your quest done in 15-30minutes. IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

I prefer the former. There is nothing quite as fun as running FB's with your friends. You never really need high levels for anything. I wanted to rage earlier. I saw in WC, a player begging for "An uber high level tank" to help with Jewelscalen and also had, I quote an "89 cleric to help" Seriously, WTF? Yeah, I know Jewel is a beast. I died quite a few times to him. But do you really need that much firepower? People in this game have become so accustomed to doing everything the easy way. People in general, honestly. If I can't do a boss, I wait. Or, I get my friends, who also have the quest, and we do it together. Right now, I'm holding off on doing the Silver Frost quest, because my friends are only 2 levels away from having it as well. I could QQ in World Chat, and beg for a Sage/Demon team to come and crush it, but I don't. Why? What's the point? Go push an easy button everytime you come up to a challenge? Guess what. Eventually, you'll somehow make it to that high peak (if you're lucky) and there will be nobody there left to blow through everything for you.

I understand, FB's do suck, and yeah, having High Levels to do it is nice. And, we all can agree, it blows when the people you trust take advantage of you. But it was your choice to blast through the FB, when you could gather your friends, and have fun with it. When I run FB's with my friends, I honestly think we spend more time joking than anything else. Like the time a couple casters kept alternating aggro, so the mob was running back and forth between the two of them. It's little thing like those that make this game fun for me, not because I got some huge group of 90's to oneshot anything in my way.

And, before anyone gets on a soapbox here, yes, I do run FB's for lower levels. But only for friends. I won't take place in an FB unless I'm invited, and unless it's on random, I don't even touch the drops. Like has been said, it's your choice. We all get fun from this game in different ways. Either way, just know what to expect no matter how you do it.
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This goes out as a warning to all. When allowing others to run your Fbs, strike a good deal with them like making them help out along with your spirit cultivation. I ran my Fb51 on Sanctuary server yesterday with a guild that shall not be named. (Occupies Northeast Territories)

Now that being said they did indeed help me with my spiritual cultivation, to kill the 3 elite mobs and I went off to get my tabs then. I realised i needed one more level 60 elite (Luminoc Architect) for my spirit cultivation. When i tried several times to get help from the said guild running my FB, I did not get a response. Then the 2 bosses in 59 were gone. I asked them for a response again and they said they need a tank. Fair enough I thought. Since the party in my FB consists of 3 level 70+ venos, 1 level 70+ cleric and 1 level 70+ Wizard, I thought a tank was necessary so I believed them that a tank was needed for Luminoc Architect (59 culti and not part of the deal then)

I got in again after getting the third tab. My mobs were not finished yet. I needed to get just one more Mistrealm terrawrath magus in order to complete the mobs but the same party had to say that we need 2 RUNS to finish that. Next minute i know they were on the third Boss. Under the pressure i received from them to Tab it i placed in the tab, which i obviously did not want to because the deal was to finish the spirit culti (Done since luminoc is 59 culti), mobs along with the FB. FB was done and poof they're all gone. They gave excuses like going to sleep and busy and we need a tank and stuff and obviously expressed disinterest.

Edit:Luminoc Architect is for 59 culti. My bad.

Eventually Feyrana from the guild SkyRebelz helped me with luminoc architect together with the cleric, and then eventually she even went into the FB51 with me to help me get my last terrawrath magus.

Kudos to that. Learn from my experience friends. Some people rock while some are just scum.

Tis why you join a faction and become good friends. and waite till next day if need be.

going solo on pwi is do able but Very very hard and lonely
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    my fb 19 this guy who was a second tabber waitin for the next run ran up and stole all my drops, i got my 3 star weapon back..that lasted 1 lvl.. but eh
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I prefer the former. There is nothing quite as fun as running FB's with your friends. You never really need high levels for anything. I wanted to rage earlier. I saw in WC, a player begging for "An uber high level tank" to help with Jewelscalen and also had, I quote an "89 cleric to help" Seriously, WTF? Yeah, I know Jewel is a beast. I died quite a few times to him. But do you really need that much firepower? People in this game have become so accustomed to doing everything the easy way. People in general, honestly. If I can't do a boss, I wait. Or, I get my friends, who also have the quest, and we do it together. Right now, I'm holding off on doing the Silver Frost quest, because my friends are only 2 levels away from having it as well. I could QQ in World Chat, and beg for a Sage/Demon team to come and crush it, but I don't. Why? What's the point? Go push an easy button everytime you come up to a challenge? Guess what. Eventually, you'll somehow make it to that high peak (if you're lucky) and there will be nobody there left to blow through everything for you.

I understand, FB's do suck, and yeah, having High Levels to do it is nice. And, we all can agree, it blows when the people you trust take advantage of you. But it was your choice to blast through the FB, when you could gather your friends, and have fun with it. When I run FB's with my friends, I honestly think we spend more time joking than anything else. Like the time a couple casters kept alternating aggro, so the mob was running back and forth between the two of them. It's little thing like those that make this game fun for me, not because I got some huge group of 90's to oneshot anything in my way.

And, before anyone gets on a soapbox here, yes, I do run FB's for lower levels. But only for friends. I won't take place in an FB unless I'm invited, and unless it's on random, I don't even touch the drops. Like has been said, it's your choice. We all get fun from this game in different ways. Either way, just know what to expect no matter how you do it.

im soloeing every boss i have to kill on my veno, only time i ask for help is when i get lonely now lol and have alot of stuff to kill, its actualy more enjoyable to solo your own bosses, only time that i ask for help and need it is when i have my pet agroe every damn monster and he only keeps 1 on him while the other 2-4 come after me x.x

i really want a herc lol they keep agro on everythin lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    err im pretty sure all the opinions and thoughts on this were properly explained in march, why the hell did you necro it?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i didnt do it some 1 else did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And that's why for the most part my faction does an fb run through with new members, to get the feel of what they're really like. Typically it's just a quick untabbed 39 run as that's the first real "meat and potatoes" fb you get.