FBs show true colours

Options

Comments

• swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have seen a lots of complains about the FB helping party. But it is very important to understand the tab holder and helpers are chasing different goal. I personally are not willing to help on FB, unless friends or guild mates really need help. The main reason is a lot of tab holder does not appreciate the help, they think they have the tab, so I need to be really thankful to get in the party, and they act like they are the god. But the reality is that I really do not care, I already give up military rank things, all I can get from FB is EXPs, each FB run takes 40 minutes to more than a hour when you count the time you used to fly there and the time waste to wait for party members, I can solo mobs to get same or more EXPs plus drops.
    But when I do FB, I inform all party members that all 3* and mold goes to tab holder before we start, so who do not agree can leave the party without wasting their time. I am perfectly ok with not taking drops. but I am not ok to have to help non FB boss in order to do the FB run. I may or may not have time to do it, and most importantly, I do not want to be focused to help on anything. the tab holder do not deserve help when they bundle their FB with something else together, I leave the party when tab holder demand something outside the FB. It does not mean I am not a helpful person, when I am not busy I stop by boss spot see if anyone needs help when I fly by those bosses. But it is different store between I am willing to help and focused to help.
    For the FB51, yes, most of the time you will need to go in again to get all mobs you need, you can indeed get all of them done at once, but it is like the party will have to run to every corner of the cave, I personally have not see any party willing to do that.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is not true either. its the way it is because "high levels" make it that way, the game does not make it that way. Low level have very little option on this.

I could not disagree more. The culture of calling for a high level player to help with anything that is not a simple quest is the problem. If you have the tab, you are high enough level to do the FB with a squad of people your same level. It is easier and faster to use the high levels shouting on world chat, but you certainly have the option of getting a squad together yourself (either drawn from your friends or from your faction). If your group is about your level, the FB will be a challenge. That is a GOOD thing. Unless you are oddly fascinated by the prospect of owning the absolutely coolest gear and being the highest level, the best thing an MMORPG can offer is these times of a group working together to solve a challenge. So, yes, you have an option.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    For the FB51, yes, most of the time you will need to go in again to get all mobs you need, you can indeed get all of them done at once, but it is like the party will have to run to every corner of the cave, I personally have not see any party willing to do that.

Wow so many selfish people around. Running an FB isnt boss exclusive. If you're not willing to help on all the quests inside the dungeon, don't go. Every time i go on any FB (39 & 51 being the ones with the most internal lengthy quests) i know it is my duty to help them complete everything they need help on within the dungeon. In FB51 you never need more then 1 trip inside, but you do have to go down 1-2 extra corridors, but its really not a whole lot honestly. On Heaven's Tear the shouts for help on FBs used to say "39+ need wine", however those groups never got business (FB runs) for 39 & 51 because running the FB means internal quest mobs. as such now on Heavens Tear all the shouts read "59+ need wine" because 39 & 51 arent that hard to go slaughtering mobs through. 59 doesnt have quest mobs, 69 does but 202020 is a pre-req to a tab so its necessary to do that in a seperate pre-run.

When it comes down to it, for FBs 19-51, you should be willing to help with all the internal quests, they dont take alot of time, and its the tabbers only way to get a party into the dungeon to help.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so far i have seen only one guild in HT who asked for drops...
    it's even in my guild rules that 3* and mold drops goes to tab holder and others random(but even 1* drops and dqs we give to tab holders too, high levels don't need them anyway).
    if i go to fb, then i go for exp and rep, with good party mp/hp usage is minimal and repairs r small too, but fbs exp and rep compensate it.
    if i ask someone for help, i say my rules: fbx9, wined/unwined(depends on fb),drops to tab holder(only one guild disagreed with those rules and i haven't yet to see anyone stealing my or my friends drops
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »

I have only once done FB51 where we did not get all the mobs and that was when I was the tabholder. All you have to do is make one "wrong" turn and clear a corridor or two extra. I have seen it done after the final boss, too, so that a party member or two who may be short on time can drop out. Either way, I always figure that if we are going through the FB and the tabholder has quests inside, then it would be churlish not to help with those. Likewise, if I'm in the area because of your FB and you ask for help on something nearby (like the Luminoc Architect in this case), it is there and convenient and like most people I'm happy to help.

That being said, the time I found myself wandering alone through a mostly cleared FB51 finding out how many mobs I really could take on while I remained buffed from the now gone FB party (before discovering the pair that I could not) was more fun than the FB itself.
  • walkingthepath
    walkingthepath Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mental Note: Do it yourself. Got it.

MMORPG=Zero Trust. Ever.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mental Note: Do it yourself. Got it.

MMORPG=Zero Trust. Ever.

I trust people in my faction and I trust the friends I have made through shared challenges. Everybody else is a stranger to me. Why would I want to get in their car just because they have candy?
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I always find it so discouraging when people say you need to do two runs in other to grab all the mobs in FB51, which is of course, a completely false statement. I've been in a few runs where after we finished off the last boss, majority had to immediately split to go do other business (excuses which of course, is another lie usually, because I've seen them once again so soon after), leaving the tabber missing a few easy mobs here and there. Of course, being against this display of action, I ask my boyfriend (who I make sure comes with me to every run if he is able) to stay with me and we help the tabber complete their quest.

I say shame to all those people who leave quickly without helping the tabber finish their required mobs. They took the time to get to that level to get those tabs so YOU could suck up the experience points from that run so YOU could level, too. Think about it, you wouldn't want to be the one left in the dust with a quarter of a dozen mobs still needed to be slayed, but everyone leaves you alone in the instance for they have to go work, help another guildmate, etcetera, or form some other sorry excuse to get out of the job.

If you say you're going to do something, do it, and not half-assed.

Anyway, I say every single drop, DQ, potion, or arrows from bosses goes directly to the tabber. It is their choice if they want to share or not, and if they do, good for them and everyone else. If the "helpers" take from the tabbers without their consent, and if that was me being the tabber, I'll be sure to remember their names to not invite them to future FBs. :)
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Server culture varies actually.
    Lost City - players call molds, any uncalled molds go to random distribution.

Also depends on faction of course. For my faction, up to fb59, all 3* and molders go to tab holder. 69+ it's call, and generally just give 3* to tab holder. Any uncalled goes to tab holder. If the mold is particularly worth a lot, we just sell and split.

@ OP
    At any point you are unhappy with the party, ditch them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want to go to LC now. Geez tabholders on HT whining about not giving then drops blah blah. I've even had people wanting all the DQs and 1*s. Sure it's YOUR tab but your PARTY is HELPING YOU QUEST. ARGH make the whining stop! I ran off with your 3* bwahaha come catch me if you want it!

The items other than 3* and molds really are not worth enough to tabber or high level for some reason newer players don't realize it. Most times the dq items and 1* items dont even bring enough coin to repair my equipment after a run depending on which fb it is. Sad that it costs me coin to "help" someone.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I could not disagree more. The culture of calling for a high level player to help with anything that is not a simple quest is the problem. If you have the tab, you are high enough level to do the FB with a squad of people your same level. It is easier and faster to use the high levels shouting on world chat, but you certainly have the option of getting a squad together yourself (either drawn from your friends or from your faction). If your group is about your level, the FB will be a challenge. That is a GOOD thing. Unless you are oddly fascinated by the prospect of owning the absolutely coolest gear and being the highest level, the best thing an MMORPG can offer is these times of a group working together to solve a challenge. So, yes, you have an option.

I dissagre with you even more. I see more high levels interested in doing low levels fb than lower levels asking for the help for them.

If high levels do not need the lower levels FB. Why you get the following annoying and supposebly help offer in the public chat:"high level squad helping on FB19-39".

I rarely see somebody asking for help for the FB, since when you get to the location. The high levels are like mobs guarding the entrance and offering the again supposebly help. So, you do not need to ask for help since high levels are "patroling the entrance"
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I got in again after getting the third tab. My mobs were not finished yet. I needed to get just one more Mistrealm terrawrath magus in order to complete the mobs but the same party had to say that we need 2 RUNS to finish that. Next minute i know they were on the third Boss. Under the pressure i received from them to Tab it i placed in the tab, which i obviously did not want to because the deal was to finish the spirit culti, mobs along with the FB. FB was done and poof they're all gone. They gave excuses like going to sleep and busy and we need a tank and stuff and obviously expressed disinterest.

Whats your point? I did my fb51 with my OWN guild and it took me 3 runs to get all the mobs.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And it is a shame that most of the lower levels are choosing the quick and easy path rather than taking the time to get a group of their friends together and do the thing themselves. You said (or I thought you said) that low levels have no option but to use the high levels for their FB runs. I don't see that. If you don't find some people who will slow down and enjoy the game with you now, you will find that once you have raced through to become one of those higher levels yourself, there is no reward. It becomes merely about getting the next level as fast as possible which is the mindset that is bothering you in the first place. That is not to say that all (or even most) high level players are like this today. But I'd like to see more people learning earlier that this is not the best way to play the game so that the community remains relatively healthy.
  • maverickteng
    maverickteng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Whats your point? I did my fb51 with my OWN guild and it took me 3 runs to get all the mobs.
    My point is that the Mobs can be completed in One run. Don't pick up the FB and do it half assed, then run away saying you have something else to do. Furthermore, eagerness to get only to the bosses reflects much on your character.
  • saruugami
    saruugami Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not to mention, isn't Tabber getting drops like a universal RULE for FBs?
    really?...cuz I never get to keep the drops (FB 19, 29, 39)b:cry. Back to the topic...my Fb 19 and 29 sucks because after we complete the dungeon everyone just left w/o telling me how to get the timer up. I ended up stuck in there and got killed by the left over mobs.b:cry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now that being said they did indeed help me with my spiritual cultivation, to kill the 3 elite mobs and I went off to get my tabs then. I realised i needed one more level 60 elite (Luminoc Architect) for my spirit cultivation. When i tried several times to get help from the said guild running my FB, I did not get a response.

You made them help you not only with the FB but the culti as well? You realize those mobs are on the outside and completely not a part of the FB? You should do those with same level people so a high-level squad doesn't have to do it for each and every one of you. I can understand why the squad wanted to rush through the FB after you string them into doing your culti.

-Ast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone who knows me knows that I am always willing to help out other people with their quests, whether its boss fights like Chin or spiritual cultivation fights like Gouf. I'm also more than willing to do FB runs, I will even do them unwined/untabbed and I will make sure that all their mobs are taken down.

However I will leave loot on random and keep everything that I get (with the possible exception of if they tab it AND wine it), because for me at least, doing a FB run for someone leaves me with less rep (which is what I am mostly interested in) than I would have if I had been soloing. And if anyone ever demanded that they get all 3* items and molds I would immediately leave the squad and put them on my "never help again" list.

P.S. I have never heard of spiritual cultivation mobs being part of the FB run, with the obvious exception of FB59.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    TL:DR thread but in response to the OP... Luminoc is not needed for your 49/51 culti. Your culti ends after talking to the Celestial One to turn in the 49 culti trio (fugma, kashu and the drake). Luminoc, although given at lvl50 is actually the first step required for your 59 culti. Get your facts straight. And yes a tank is required for luminoc. A lvl70 herc =/= a lvl 70 magmite. Not to say a magmite couldn't tank him with another veno helpin to heal, but since he is a ranged mob he tends to run round, pulling adds into the fight. Which doesn't always end pretty. So less QQ right there. They went out of their way to help YOU get YOUR quests done, plus an unwined run in one of the trickier fbs around. And you turn to the forums in order to diss their whole guild because they wouldn't help you kill a boss you'll actually NEED 10 levels from now? Real smooth.

And no, im not in the said guild, but I have had people from that very guild answer to a world shout to hop in in the middle of an unwined run to help out with the last boss after the person helping up to that point had to ditch to attend a TW leaving us hanging. I have had that guild run me through my fb59, leading me to every single token and staying behind to keep the instance open while I finished my culti (unlike say some people from a certain guild commonly abbreviated by three letters). I have had people from that guild help guildies with 10 bosses in a row and didn't even want to accept any sort of payment because they were doing it purely out of good will (and im talking bosses like garangatong, jewel, krimson, manta etc...) Shoutouts to Aka and Lynx and wifey while I'm at it, you guys own :)

So again, before you go all out dissing one of the nicer and friendlier guilds on the server, take a nice long hard look at yourself and your attitude and start working from there. Not to say there aren't any black sheep in that guild, you'll find some everywhere, but given your attitude I'd say you got off lucky.

Just my 2 gold. Keep the change.
    b:dirty
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just let everyone know at the beginning you aren't going to be bullied into tabbing it unless you have your side quests completed.

Problem solved.
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    NuNuie - Lost City Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This goes out as a warning to all. When allowing others to run your Fbs, strike a good deal with them like making them help out along with your spirit cultivation. I ran my Fb51 on Sanctuary server yesterday with a guild that shall not be named. (Occupies Northeast Territories)

Now that being said they did indeed help me with my spiritual cultivation, to kill the 3 elite mobs and I went off to get my tabs then. I realised i needed one more level 60 elite (Luminoc Architect) for my spirit cultivation. When i tried several times to get help from the said guild running my FB, I did not get a response. Then the 2 bosses in 59 were gone. I asked them for a response again and they said they need a tank. Fair enough I thought. Since the party in my FB consists of 3 level 70+ venos, 1 level 70+ cleric and 1 level 70+ Wizard, I thought a tank was necessary so I believed them that a tank was needed for Luminoc Architect.

I got in again after getting the third tab. My mobs were not finished yet. I needed to get just one more Mistrealm terrawrath magus in order to complete the mobs but the same party had to say that we need 2 RUNS to finish that. Next minute i know they were on the third Boss. Under the pressure i received from them to Tab it i placed in the tab, which i obviously did not want to because the deal was to finish the spirit culti, mobs along with the FB. FB was done and poof they're all gone. They gave excuses like going to sleep and busy and we need a tank and stuff and obviously expressed disinterest.

Desperate, I went on location to find the luminoc architect myself. Guess what I found there? A level 70+ veno(Feyrana) and a 70+ cleric. Just the both of them was enough to deal with the Luminoc Architect. Feyrana had a pet hercules, of which one veno in the FB party I was with had one too. To add to that, my party had 3 venos and 1 cleric+1wiz. So after all my pleads i realise these people are a big bluff. They just want to do the FB for drops and EXP and even give lameass excuses to get their way.

Eventually Feyrana from the guild SkyRebelz helped me with luminoc architect together with the cleric, and then eventually she even went into the FB51 with me to help me get my last terrawrath magus.

Kudos to that. Learn from my experience friends. Some people rock while some are just scum.

Sorry to say but trusting a higher level with your fb is stupid. You think a high level really likes helping people? We honestly don't at all. We could careless about people outside of our guild. Unless it's HH and you happen to be the biggest guild and they need the HH weapons and/or armor.

I wouldn't trust myself is how bad it is. We really just want exp, drops, and rep from it. Nothing benefitial besides that. I speak for all LC player when I say this. No high level gives a **** about lower levels. b:victory
    Names given to me by forum folks. The most fail of fail
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    3.r3tard__8.Wannabe Troll
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

Please keep on guessing who I am. I love this game!!!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And it is a shame that most of the lower levels are choosing the quick and easy path rather than taking the time to get a group of their friends together and do the thing themselves. You said (or I thought you said) that low levels have no option but to use the high levels for their FB runs. I don't see that. If you don't find some people who will slow down and enjoy the game with you now, you will find that once you have raced through to become one of those higher levels yourself, there is no reward. It becomes merely about getting the next level as fast as possible which is the mindset that is bothering you in the first place. That is not to say that all (or even most) high level players are like this today. But I'd like to see more people learning earlier that this is not the best way to play the game so that the community remains relatively healthy.

I always like your posts since they are really good. However, we don't agree on this one.

It's true that lower levels have no option than using high levels on the squad. Since the time it takes for a lower level group to finish the FB is too much and too risky since mobs are way stronger.

A good example is my last fb39 in which my squad with high level was a total disaster and some of them even quit. you can actually see the tread here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194351&highlight=arrogance

I think is fare trade if high levels help low level to gain experience in the dungeon as well as completing the FB properly. As long as high levels get their experience and mats that they need as well.

I already started helping others on FB19 and 29 and let me tell you. They enjoy the experience as much as we can supply it as a squad.

First thing we do is asking which mobs they need in case they do.

In case they made a mistake mentioning the mobs we go back and kill them.

A good note why we don't see the following messages on the public chat:

"High level squad helping to kill Krixxx, fang and any other boss you have problems with, we like to help"
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My point is that the Mobs can be completed in One run. Don't pick up the FB and do it half assed, then run away saying you have something else to do. Furthermore, eagerness to get only to the bosses reflects much on your character.

yea yea yea... we all have to go through that. its not just you. you got random people to help you, and my own guild didn't get the mobs for me. and yet i didn't complain, cause i'll get the mob eventually. its not like i need them to baby sit me through the whole thing. just need help with bosses, everything else i can solo. so get over it.
    and i would and have went out of my way to get mobs for lower lvls when they ask nicely. heck... i even ran untabbed fb19/59 for ppl before. but some of them, just are plain rude and demanding. i have seem tabber (the only cleric in squad) refuse to heal our tank during a boss. so the tank ended up charm tanking the whole thing. do you seriously think we'll stick around to help with mob after that. just cause he has tab, it doesn't make him the owner of the party. and i'll walk away from any party thats rude and demanding. the exp from fb is nice and all, but i am not gonna die without it. i play this game for fun, not to be some brat's baby sitter.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People ask high lvls to do the FB because they trust them to get the run done as fast as possible with no party wipes. With people around your lvl, there's a greater chance of a party wipe, lost exp, etc. And I have to semi agree with NuNuie. The big thing with fb's are the rep that you get after you beat the boss. And a big thing, you tab holders need to remember to tell us what mobs you need in the beginning and constantly remind us. Don't tell us you need one more exploding mob when we are at the last boss. Rarely would you get someone to go back and do it for you. We want fb's to be fast and efficient so when can be next ready for the next fb that comes along. For the drops, I usually give them a drop if i cant use it or if I already have it. So yeah...b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry to say but trusting a higher level with your fb is stupid. You think a high level really likes helping people? We honestly don't at all. We could careless about people outside of our guild. Unless it's HH and you happen to be the biggest guild and they need the HH weapons and/or armor.

I wouldn't trust myself is how bad it is. We really just want exp, drops, and rep from it. Nothing benefitial besides that. I speak for all LC player when I say this. No high level gives a **** about lower levels. b:victory

Not everyone is like that... I'm not a "high lvl" in my opinion but I don't mind helping new people out when I can just for the sake of doing it... I've killed all the bosses I'm high enough lvl to kill more times than I'd care to count... I never got anything out of it... I've even helped ALOT of parties kill jewel by being a healer outside the party and I STILL haven't been able to get anyone to help me but oh well... An mmo is supposed to be a way of havin fun and meeting new people... Leveling isn't everything... Cuz its not like you can "beat" the game...lol b:surrender
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I miss AlpineFrost so much! SO much in fact that it hurts... So yeah...b:cry

It's ok Cora! We can just make babies. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Coraline - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's ok Cora! We can just make babies. b:victory

Get to 60 noob
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Get to 60 noob

Bah i know :S. I've been making great time lvling this guy from scratch, but this past week or so I've had absolutely no time to play. I've already got my HH60s so im just itching to facking ding 60. Been doing dailies like mad, bout halfway now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Bah i know :S. I've been making great time lvling this guy from scratch, but this past week or so I've had absolutely no time to play. I've already got my HH60s so im just itching to facking ding 60. Been doing dailies like mad, bout halfway now.

What ever happened to the troll we kept feeding?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

I got my hh60 when i was like 50...it sucked..Anyway....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol what?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Umm ok... well ill just go back to my corner. *leaves topic and walks to his corner*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit