FBs show true colours

Options
maverickteng
maverickteng Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This goes out as a warning to all. When allowing others to run your Fbs, strike a good deal with them like making them help out along with your spirit cultivation. I ran my Fb51 on Sanctuary server yesterday with a guild that shall not be named. (Occupies Northeast Territories)

Now that being said they did indeed help me with my spiritual cultivation, to kill the 3 elite mobs and I went off to get my tabs then. I realised i needed one more level 60 elite (Luminoc Architect) for my spirit cultivation. When i tried several times to get help from the said guild running my FB, I did not get a response. Then the 2 bosses in 59 were gone. I asked them for a response again and they said they need a tank. Fair enough I thought. Since the party in my FB consists of 3 level 70+ venos, 1 level 70+ cleric and 1 level 70+ Wizard, I thought a tank was necessary so I believed them that a tank was needed for Luminoc Architect (59 culti and not part of the deal then)

I got in again after getting the third tab. My mobs were not finished yet. I needed to get just one more Mistrealm terrawrath magus in order to complete the mobs but the same party had to say that we need 2 RUNS to finish that. Next minute i know they were on the third Boss. Under the pressure i received from them to Tab it i placed in the tab, which i obviously did not want to because the deal was to finish the spirit culti (Done since luminoc is 59 culti), mobs along with the FB. FB was done and poof they're all gone. They gave excuses like going to sleep and busy and we need a tank and stuff and obviously expressed disinterest.

Edit:Luminoc Architect is for 59 culti. My bad.

Eventually Feyrana from the guild SkyRebelz helped me with luminoc architect together with the cleric, and then eventually she even went into the FB51 with me to help me get my last terrawrath magus.

Kudos to that. Learn from my experience friends. Some people rock while some are just scum.
Post edited by maverickteng on

Comments

• Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Man that must have felt terrible.Glad u got it done in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • relek
    relek Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow, that must have sucked. Atleast it had a good ending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Actual screenshot taken in game.

IGN: Relek
    Server: Lost City

PVE Is for Cowards b:surrender
    PVP is for the Cool people b:cool
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Complete and utter truth. Some people do suck. I ended up in an FB19 run with some of those "people" because of my ex-faction. I was trying to help a fellow member out, and he summoned them from nowhere... They ran his, a human's, my fiancee's, an untamed, and as we're trying to get back to the Den of Rabid Wolves, since you know.... We couldn't fly... I see in squad chat how they're just plowing through it... I get the tab in, and dash after them, get there just as they smite the boss. I was NOT happy. I'm not part of said faction now, and am much happier being the leader of mine.b:pleased When I run an FB, I do it with my members, and not only is it better for all of us drop and EXP wise, I can trust them, we share the drops, and best of all... We almost never die. We've got several of the FB's down to a science. No matter what, everyone knows their part, and things go like clockwork. When one of our members had to leave unexpectedly before his FB39, one of my Marshals suggested running it anyway untabbed just for the fun. b:laugh And, yes. We did. Got some shiny molds out of it too... As well as a handful of darkness stamps. But like you said. Doing things like that, you need people that you can trust. I, like you, learned the hard way that when it comes to FB's... People will take advantage of you for the easy EXP.
  • Lucentshadow - Heavens Tear
    Lucentshadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not to mention, isn't Tabber getting drops like a universal RULE for FBs?
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not to mention, isn't Tabber getting drops like a universal RULE for FBs?

That depends on which server and who the guild is. On HT it is normal
  • Twilae - Heavens Tear
    Twilae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you. I've done a few FB51s and I'm willing to admit I try to avoid helping with them because I hate doing the quests in there, but if I'm invited to one I make damn sure our group gets all of it done before they leave. If they don't, I usually end up going back in with the tabber to finish it off with just the two of us.
    I still remember my first FB19 run with a bunch of high levels from the same guild... stole all my items drops and took off afterward XD I remember who you all are -,-
  • Vetricz - Heavens Tear
    Vetricz - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There will always be people like that around i gues... wich sucks. We as a faction help out lots of people with their FB's... We do it for the easy exp wich is hard enough to get at higher lvl's... we always kill whatever other mobs are needed and any 3* or mold drops are for the tab holder and thats how it should be. People like the ones you mention give other fair players a bad name. it happend to me aswell... did a world chat about it not to trust them and i gues they got less fb's to do from that moment on.
  • Crazyhorses - Sanctuary
    Crazyhorses - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The truth is, you could have gotten all your quest mobs done the 1st time you were there, had they taken you down enough corridors. They definately lied to you about the 2nd run, and that you needed a 3rd run. Im glad you were able to work it out in the end. They selfishly wanted the boss exp and run. Which they did.

The problem is two fold. Their selfish greed compounded with taking advantage of you when they saw you did not have the game experience in that area.

But also, the tabbing system they have in place at the moment is flawed, messed up and stupid. Once tabs are used for the 1st wave of Boss quests, they give us all, then they give out a 2nd wave of boss quests we must go in there for. And do so, without giving us more tabs. This also makes getting any help with the later quests, very difficult.

Personaly I think the whole tab idea should be chucked. But, if they continue to keep it, then they should at least give out adaquate tabs for every quest assigned to that dungeon.

Another warning newbies should be aware of, it is game manners to allow the tab holder to take and have all that is dropped at the boss. It is done by everyone else dropping squad once it dies. On my 1st fb19, everyone in the squad ran and grabbed up everything before I even had a chance to see what dropped. Took everything then ran. So make sure u make this clear, that you get 1st dibs, when u join a group and you hold the tabs. ( i see everyone who read this thread also saw and commented on this, I will leave this to cover Santuary too)
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personaly I think the whole tab idea should be chucked. But, if they continue to keep it, then they should at least give out adaquate tabs for every quest assigned to that dungeon.

But if you do not get your quests completed with your own tabs, you can complete them helping others?
  • sotsf
    sotsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Selfish is the correct word. When I did my first FB, I was glad that a party helped me, which soon turned to dismay as they all rushed the boss drops and grabbed what they can. The highest level even announced that he got a molder. Not knowing what it was and just being somewhat relieved that they helped me, I kept quiet. There was a nagging feeling that I got cheated, since it was my tab that got used, Surely they had tabs when they did their FB and got their loot.

Same goes with other FB runs, just as a boss dies, all party rushes towards boss drops. I was a little bit joyed to see there were no good drops on my latter bosses, just so the party doesn't rush in front of me and loot it.

I also try to do save up all the mobs quest you get in a particular FB and do it together when I get my Tab quest for it. This didn't work out so well at FB 51. I kept reminding the party which mobs were needed many times throughout the run, and I was reassured that I'd get them all. Except that I saw few mobs that I needed were being just left behind.

Needless to say, in the end I was pressured to use my tab and after that everyone left the party. Saying that I still needed mobs got no reply. I did manage to finish the said mobs with another players who needed it. Which was after a week. Camping at the start of FB 51 for two days asking anyone who went in for mob help didn't help. I managed to find these guys while doing a normal quest and just talking about what happened with my run.

I did manage to take pics of my FB 51 run, the party saying that they'll help with all mobs, and of them leaving at the end of last boss :P

Also its pretty hard to find a party in Sanctuary that'll let the tab holder get the drops. Considering that the small amount of time I played in Heaven's Tear, all Fb shouts also said that loot goes to tab holder. On sanctuary , if you ask a majority of "shouters" about loot distribution, you'll get replies like " sorry, but I cannot get a party who'd agree with that" and "the loot goes to whoever picks it up" ( I do have pics for these as well ^_^ ). Some won't bother to reply at all too :P

As far as I know, the player Gaaraa from sanctuary will help with FBs and won't take loot. Also the faction R3N3G3D3s (mind the spelling) will actually help all the players kill a boss if they need it (when that faction in killing it).
    - Noticed this when camping Jewelscalen boss for 3-4 days and asking every faction that came along for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The truth is, you could have gotten all your quest mobs done the 1st time you were there, had they taken you down enough corridors. They definately lied to you about the 2nd run, and that you needed a 3rd run. Im glad you were able to work it out in the end. They selfishly wanted the boss exp and run. Which they did.

The problem is two fold. Their selfish greed compounded with taking advantage of you when they saw you did not have the game experience in that area.

But also, the tabbing system they have in place at the moment is flawed, messed up and stupid. Once tabs are used for the 1st wave of Boss quests, they give us all, then they give out a 2nd wave of boss quests we must go in there for. And do so, without giving us more tabs. This also makes getting any help with the later quests, very difficult.

Another warning newbies should be aware of, it is game manners to allow the tab holder to take and have all that is dropped at the boss. It is done by everyone else dropping squad once it dies. On my 1st fb19, everyone in the squad ran and grabbed up everything before I even had a chance to see what dropped. Took everything then ran. So make sure u make this clear, that you get 1st dibs, when u join a group and you hold the tabs. ( i see everyone who read this thread also saw and commented on this, I will leave this to cover Santuary too)
    You can do all the other associated quests while going through.
    Most (i.e. the nice people who get invited back to do fb's again) will kill all the mobs you need killed, show you where the people you need to talk to are, where the things you need to mine are, etc.
    And for the most part, you can do all the quests you need in an fb at once. It'd get a bit ridiculous when you get tabs for every single minor quest in there.
    5 tabs for each of the bosses in fb59. Then another 5 tabs for each element you need to mine. Then another tab for the person to talk to. Then another tab for the pillar to mine for culti.
  • Dudusk - Lost City
    Dudusk - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dude welcome to the world of gaming.....Not everyone is nice OK, thats why you should find good friends...
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its not really 2 whole runs, you just need to go back in and clear out the first strip of hallway. i was missing the same things when i finished my run, but i didnt think of the runners as having cheated me out of anything. they killed bosses i could not have killed myself.. hell i couldnt have even gotten that far inside alone unless i used wine, which wouldnt have gotten me ANY of the mobs. point is they got you some of the mobs, and while yes it is annoying to need 1 or 2 more after just having been inside, it happens sometimes. a lot with the 51.
  • Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I'm glad that when I started the game, I already had RL friends playing there who were high lvled. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you. I've done a few FB51s and I'm willing to admit I try to avoid helping with them because I hate doing the quests in there, but if I'm invited to one I make damn sure our group gets all of it done before they leave. If they don't, I usually end up going back in with the tabber to finish it off with just the two of us.
    I still remember my first FB19 run with a bunch of high levels from the same guild... stole all my items drops and took off afterward XD I remember who you all are -,-

Probably the same guild that did my FB19...b:angry
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I'm glad that when I started the game, I already had RL friends playing there who were high lvled. :3

To be fair with Lost City server there may be a few idiots, but most seem to be fair on FBs. Besides its easy to just go on World chat and alert people what nubs they are if they behave unfairly.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    also i completely disagree on the "noob gets the drops" thing. random distribute gives everyone in the squad an equal chance of getting the good stuff. i've done more runs than i can count and i do majority of the work and several times a mold dropped and i've never gotten one. i never get anything good in any of the fbs, and should i ever get something good.. i WILL keep it. not hand it over to the tabber simply because they're the tabber. the high lvls are there to help you get a hard quest done. the exp from the tabs and the drops are the only incentives for people to do runs for anyone. may not be nice or friendly but thats just the way it is.

did a 39 once in the place of a friend, he asked me and another friend to do a run for his friend, and give that person the drops. this noob did not speak to us, at all. didnt follow directions, and when two molds dropped, then they spoke, demanding both be given to her. the drop was not distributed to me, otherwise she wouldnt have gotten it.

when i was noob, i never, ever asked for the drops. never. the chances of a good drop are so slim anyway.. random distribute makes the chances of actually getting it even slimmer. if you get it, you get it. if you dont, you dont. you really have no right to deny the drop to the people doing all of the killing.
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please help me

What does FB stand for ?

What is a TAB ?

Sorry for nooby questions but if no one answers them well be stuck in nooby land forever ! b:surrender
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To be fair with Lost City server there may be a few idiots, but most seem to be fair on FBs. Besides its easy to just go on World chat and alert people what nubs they are if they behave unfairly.

Telling people on World chat is never good even if you are right. Most people won't even listen to you and you'll get a lot of hate for it as well.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Telling people on World chat is never good even if you are right. Most people won't even listen to you and you'll get a lot of hate for it as well.

I disagree. People shout WC all day saying they are willing to run your fb. If i see a few people complain about a certain person/group why would i go with them when i can choose 20 others. Help your fellow players out
    b:bye
  • Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kooshdin wrote: »
    Please help me

What does FB stand for ?

What is a TAB ?

Sorry for nooby questions but if no one answers them well be stuck in nooby land forever ! b:surrender

FB stands for Fu Ben, which is Chinese for Iron tablet. It is needed to kill a certain boss for every x9 lvls, with lvl 51fb as an exception. There are chances that certain molds that drop, which can be crafted into legendary items..

Enough info?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That depends on which server and who the guild is. On HT it is normal

From all the fbs i've followed in/helped in we've given the drops to the one needing the fb. Rarely did any of us actually pick anything up (usually Darkness Stamps if the lower lvls didn't take it or boss drops).

I had a bad run in during my last FB for 39...I told them from the start EXACTLY what I needed and we had all Rav peeps and one Just Barb. Two people in Rav in the squad sat around and just looted the hell out of me, got lost often and we had to sit for an hour after setting the first tab (thinking everyone was ready and they told me to tab the first boss) just to have one of the rav barbs not only be free from afk, but get lost, die, come back and die again because he didn't use the navi @_@

Then after we ran through the bosses they almost left before I told them they missed a mob. At first they bitched me out saying it was MY fault for not killing them. I just had to laugh, tell them how can I? and a veno and the solo Just barb helped me get the last mobs.

In a fb I was doing with my faction/allied factions they all voted me to lead for the tanking so they had me with lead until we got to the FB19 boss before tabbing and one of our members (now an ex member) spazzed how we all failed at the fb run (when we slaughtered the mobs needed/boss effortlessly) simply because he wasn't the leader of the squad @_@ Not to mention he stole all the drops after we said to let the new kid get em all like a nice person who never needed em would.

So after a huge fight with his ego, the entire faction shunning the guy out and licking our minor wounds from the fb boss it was kinda a good day.

We all have our epic fail moments in FB runs XD But most people that do FBs in Sanctuary are awesome and let you get everything and do nothing XP but there are also those jackasses you bump into when you wish you wouldn't.

EDIT: well not really an edit but doesn't the forums censor too? O.o; I noticed my curses never got stared for some reason >.> Guess its not in their vocab yet? thought it would be...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The forums censor, but the use a different wordlist than ingame.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dunno mabey this works cuz i am a tank and can do it but normally i run fb's on some one elses tab. and save my tabed runs for close friends.

as far as my manners go
    if i enter a squad and it is set to free i will announce it is set to free and ask it be set to randome. if they keep it on free and i don't like the ppl i ninja everything i can.
    being the tank means if it dies i am already there first most of the time holding shift :)

on random drops i will give what is needed to ppl. if you are a wizard and it's your tab and you are sweating me for a 3 star heavy armor you are gonna get silence. and i am gonna keep the armor. if you are a guildie i will give you what i picked up after i out grow it *since i am mostly higher lvl then the tabber* right now i am useing legendary dual hammers and when i get better ones i will be giving them to the lower lvl that was with me during the run.
    if it is fb 19-51 and i can't use the mold i will give it to the tabber if they want. i don't sell in ah.
    as far as killing mobs goes if you need them durring the run you get them period. more mobs more sp / exp/ drops.
    since i npc every thing i would rather get the dq stackable items than the darkness stamps frendship crystal etc. also 3k armor don't matter to me. stars only count if i can wear it.

as far as your first post you were talking about legendary i dislike them period. if you ever need a tank gimme a hollar i do fb 19-59 unwined i do jewel virdis kisma kong quillhog king and krimson. if i have to put the party together for you for bosses and you waste my time i charge 20k + if you don't bug and have your own clerics i do for free.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • DoubleHit - Sanctuary
    DoubleHit - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The FBs/cultivation/drop system itself has very big flaws, so why do you have so high expectation from people you just met in a free MMOG, playing by an imperfect game system?
    Personally, I blame the devs in the 1st place for not doing anything to make it like it would normally have to be. You can't really teach people how to behave or how to be, especially in a free game where many kids join, but a good game system could get them on a better track.

As for molds, people take them because they did not get them when they did their own FBs, so you can't really blame them for that. I think no one will hand them over. Random distribution is as fair as it could be, but not perfect.
    I did give all my drops/money to the owner of a FB19, because I got invited late, arrived late and I did not help. And the funny thing is, if you could call it funny, the system rewarded me with good drops, without doing anything. That's why I said is imperfect.

I do all my FBs only with my faction. As others advised you also, find a good faction and/or good friends. And remember, even a good faction could have jerks, so don't rush to do FBs with any1, have patience, weigh them really good before deciding.
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, so to clarify, it is customary for the drops from the boss at the end of an FB to go to the tab holder. I didn't know this before, so thanks to the posters here.

Damn, a group of people from a faction helped me with fb39 on Sanctuary and they took whatever the random distribution gave them. The problem is that there is no way for you to actually get all the drops unless they give them to you, right? So if they decide to grab what they've been given and leave, there's nothing a tab holder can do about it.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, so to clarify, it is customary for the drops from the boss at the end of an FB to go to the tab holder. I didn't know this before, so thanks to the posters here.

Damn, a group of people from a faction helped me with fb39 on Sanctuary and they took whatever the random distribution gave them. The problem is that there is no way for you to actually get all the drops unless they give them to you, right? So if they decide to grab what they've been given and leave, there's nothing a tab holder can do about it.

Server culture varies actually.

Heaven's Tear - custom is tabber gets all 3* and molds.
    Sanctuary - custom seems to be whoever gets it gets it. (not entirely sure)
    Lost City - players call molds, any uncalled molds go to random distribution.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    high lvls are there to help you get a hard quest done.

Sorry, I think the word "help" is being missused on FB since high levels only go for the exps and molds that they can only get from the tab holder.

In other words you are doing a "paid job"

I have made the decision that I will never again say thank you to squad members for doing my fb. Since is it a "paid job", unless they are my friends and/or we put the loot random

the exp from the tabs and the drops are the only incentives for people to do runs for anyone. may not be nice or friendly but thats just the way it is.

This is not true either. its the way it is because "high levels" make it that way, the game does not make it that way. Low level have very little option on this.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Server culture varies actually.

Heaven's Tear - custom is tabber gets all 3* and molds.
    Sanctuary - custom seems to be whoever gets it gets it. (not entirely sure)
    Lost City - players call molds, any uncalled molds go to random distribution.

I want to go to LC now. Geez tabholders on HT whining about not giving then drops blah blah. I've even had people wanting all the DQs and 1*s. Sure it's YOUR tab but your PARTY is HELPING YOU QUEST. ARGH make the whining stop! I ran off with your 3* bwahaha come catch me if you want it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    (...) high levels only go for (...) molds that they can only get from the tab holder.

My understanding is that the boss drops molds etcetera whether there is a tab there or not, so the high levels are usually there for XP and Reputation, not drops.

Personally, I believe in the 'Need before Greed' system and so does the rest of the guild, the Need being self explanatory, the Greed being satisfied by the Random looting rules.