Options

Comments

• blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Actually these can be traced.

Hell emm, isnt that like !@$SENCORED!$% alot of work? since everything gets together in 1 console, the action of every player for each server (if im not wrong)
  • jocelyne
    jocelyne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If they can fix things without rolling back, then that would be best. b:victory
    Keep things as they are, is of course, not an option. From the response, it seems that most poll responders would be okay if a rollback were truly necessary. They can definitely track to the sources all those who have exploited the system. They can also track all the transactions following such sources, though it is a matter of a lot of time involved.

We will only know for sure, what has been, once the servers are back up again. I'm sure the GMs will try their best to resolve the issue.
  • delectable
    delectable Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    okay I Wasn't Going To Say Anything...<---famous Last Words..lol

First Of All, If This Is True And Has Been Confirmed By The Gms, Then Yes We Need A Roll Back. Period.

It Is Unfair To Us That Play By Game Rules And Have To Work Very Hard To Get Any Type Of Money, To Allow How Ever Many To Run Around With A Large Amount On Any Character. If You Made That Money Legitimately, Then By All Means It Is Yours To Keep. But Exploiting Something Like This And Making Large Sums Makes It Even More Difficult For Us To Get Anywhere. Face It 400k For Charms Is A Killer At The Present Time. If It Goes Up Any Further, I Will Not Be Able To Play. I Do Not And Have Never Had Gobs Of Money. And I Refuse To Pay Outragouse Prices Simply Because Some Can And Do Pay It.

As For The 15 Hour Roll Back. Yes I Will Need To Redo Some Quest And Go Out And Grind Again For Money, But You Know What? I Would Rather Have That Then A Game Ruined By A Few Chosen And Gms Not Wanting To Anything Because Of What Money Was Spent In The Past 15 Hours.

I Ask You All This. Would You Rather Play A Far Game Or A Game Built Off Of Greed And Corruption?

I Would Rather Play A Game That Is Fair And Fun For All Then One Built Around A Chosen Few Because They Have Enough Money To Control Everything. There Is A Eula/tos For A Reason. Use It Please.

Full On Agree!
  • shuradecoy
    shuradecoy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think you know pretty well the trick... too well i think... maybe you exploited it ??? so then why are you complaining... y'know I bought about 120golds onto the boutique with $ to buy freakin' forces and feathers to get my hercule combat pet... how am i going to keep it ? So in my case I don't want a rollback. this is a free to play game. Coins shouldn't be the problem... lack of gear? go and farm it in HH... want a mold ? drop it on the bosses... just ignore this bug and go on buying gold just for fashion, got a problem with it ? make all the fashion bound. I bring here lots of solutions. We are in a community based MMORPG so play with people to get what you need, grind materials and nothing will be a problem.

so I am against this rollback.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fine rollback whatever. GMs just make sure you trace and ban everyone that exploited it.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • MichaelBhB - Sanctuary
    MichaelBhB - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jocelyne wrote: »
    If they can fix things without rolling back, then that would be best. b:victory
    Keep things as they are, is of course, not an option. From the response, it seems that most poll responders would be okay if a rollback were truly necessary. They can definitely track to the sources all those who have exploited the system. They can also track all the transactions following such sources, though it is a matter of a lot of time involved.

We will only know for sure, what has been, once the servers are back up again. I'm sure the GMs will try their best to resolve the issue.

Sorry but I really can't see how that would be possible because the effects of this are far to widespread to be able to go through and pick each problem and fix it separately they would be at it for months ><
    ~Proud Leader Of Legendary~

Mikey eats anything!!!

You are what you dare!!!
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ahah there are very few, if any with 100's of millions of coins

ok so i admit that lots of people was a big exageration but there are people that do. one person having alot of money isnt gonna mess the game up and if it could theres already ppl that have the ability to do whatever it is ur all scared of. there are people with access to over 100s of millions of coins. such as guild leaders
  • _Judo_ - Sanctuary
    _Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you can see that more people are wanting the Roll back instead of keeping it as is. why cant we just do the Roll back today instead of waiting the 3 days for vote to end.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, rollback please.
  • X - Lost City
    X - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    carebear servers need roll back.

pvp server would be fine w/o it. gold would restore to it's orginal value.

damn how can people generate so much useless garbage posts in less than a few hours.
    the first black man in PWI to have rank 8~ b:cute
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    about 500 million coins a week are dished out to three people
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. HT N Sanctuary BOTH Had CASHSHOP ITEMS EXPLOITED, A moderator admitted it..

2. Rofl you fail anyways no more for you.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This whole damn thing is looking bad to the 4 new players I have waiting to join.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what does aroll back effect?Because i spent 1 mill on 2 restat notes and my friend bought me one as well...will i have to restat again..will my money come back??My friend basicly spent 15$ on my restat notes..i just dont want us to get jipped because of this rollback.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Zachari - Lost City
    Zachari - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ho no ... its not a reason to rollback
  • Oichi - Lost City
    Oichi - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Are you talking about TW?
  • ofrosto
    ofrosto Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Basically a rollback is the best option to restore the game to its previous state. Ok so you will lose a couple hours of playtime, its not the end of the world... or would you rather not be able to afford to purchase anything in a much inflated economy for the forseeable future? I have actually experienced similar duping occurences in previous games and let me tell you the damage to the economy was felt for quite a while, and will not go away over night, months, even years. In another instance a rollback took effect and everything pretty much returned to normal, of course the original "troublemakers" were banned in the process as well so it actually became a much better game in the end.
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have the GM's even said anything like this is really an exploit? I didn't think it would be possible, maybe I'm wrong. I really would not care if we had a roll back if there was a gold exploit, I never bought any, never will. If there was a roll back, I'd just go make all my money back again, not really that hard at my level. If I lost my mount due to a roll back, I'd probably be fairly aggravated.

Just my two cents worth.
  • cetzlaus
    cetzlaus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol my only concern is its gonna roll back my divorce and everything i sold to afford the divorce -.- i have to be stuck with her longer...
  • MichaelBhB - Sanctuary
    MichaelBhB - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Omgwtfbbq Haxs! ><
    ~Proud Leader Of Legendary~

Mikey eats anything!!!

You are what you dare!!!
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah roll back already and implent a double exp weekend..
    im bored -_- make it quick ffs
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Of which most will be given to the players in those guilds, who use it to cover repair costs, charms, pots etc. And the rest is left for TW bidding and paying for towers and catapult scrolls inside the TW.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • katiemorgan
    katiemorgan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    vencentine wrote: »
    I think we should end voting today at some time.

if we wait 3 days that would mean no one be playing at all till the vote is over. cause what be the point. go lvling and get items for the 3 days. and then the roll back happens they will be at loss of all that 3 days work that they did.

Good point, I agree completely. I just saw the close time of the poll- if they actually wait until the poll closes before action is taken, then a rollback becomes more and more unrealistic. If they just roll it back now, then the most game time that anyone can lose is about 15 hrs (much less for most people) - I think most people would be willing (even if reluctantly) to sacrifice that to save the game economy.

Also, I think that something should be done to compensate players for their lost game time. Double exp time period or whatever...
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what does aroll back effect?Because i spent 1 mill on 2 restat notes and my friend bought me one as well...will i have to restat again..will my money come back??My friend basicly spent 15$ on my restat notes..i just dont want us to get jipped because of this rollback.

If they do indeed rollback the servers everything will exactly as it was at the point of the rollback. Assuming they rollback to when the servers came up this morning, if you logged out last night with 10 million coins you will still have 10 million coins. The only thing that any honest player will really lose is time. That sucks for some people, but it is what it is.
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hey this is why the Great Depression happen
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh, for gawd's sake. just roll the servers back already so we can get back to playing.

Some compensation for those of us that didn't "cheat would be nice and greatly appreciated, but wtf-ever...

And for a new player to complain about losing the time they had put in...

when the servers come back up, i could start a new toon and do my fb19 in less than 10 hours. When i first started playing, i reached level 25 in about 14 hours of gameplay. Wait til the required experience for your next level is over one million before you start complaining about losing a few hours of gameplay time... I personally am at 1.15 million exp to level and i stand to lose 25% of that that which i gained today before shut-down...

in other words... b:shutup until you have a legitimate gripe about it

yes for rollback. and SOON!!!!
  • ofrosto
    ofrosto Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

generally a rollback is just that.. you regain all the items you had before it, trades that happend during the questionable time are reverted and everything is exactly as it was before the incident.
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The roll back isn't what is important, no matter how much any of you think. What needs to be done is fix the bug that caused the CashShop items to be NPC'd for mil+, then determine who exploited that bug by tracing back through the system. Ban anyone who made trades with those accounts to try and kick out all that flooded gold.

Gold prices will drop back down to normal, people won't have to complain because they lost their time invested. There would be no need for a double exp event.
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    carebear servers need roll back.

pvp server would be fine w/o it. gold would restore to it's orginal value.

damn how can people generate so much useless garbage posts in less than a few hours.

yea carebear servers are u unhappy cuz so less ppl in LC ? :) and u cant show ur ep*nis in teaparty servers? i bet u do...sry this went lil bit offtopic :)
  • WillowSky - Sanctuary
    WillowSky - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry but I really can't see how that would be possible because the effects of this are far to widespread to be able to go through and pick each problem and fix it separately they would be at it for months ><

I still fully agree, that this is going to be the best idea.
This discussion has been closed.