[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hpmorg
    hpmorg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and ? theay dont roll back 80% of the ppl will leave
  • mcburress
    mcburress Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I made all my barbs 60s armor, ornaments and weps in last 3 days. I worked hard for that so no rollback.
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they can track and ban the ppl who started it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why would 80% of peop leave w/o rollback?
    If things went my way... they would just go back and delete the exploited gold... but doubt that gonna happen
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I want a roll back of 15 HOURS not weeks.. SO I VOTED YES FOR 15 HOURS.. MAKES SENSE
  • hpmorg
    hpmorg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    how do you expect them to deleet the gold when people already went throw and bought al lthe good stuff from cash shops with this gold ?
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I was under the impression that they can roll the server back to just right before the patch and not weeks.
  • Zertryx - Sanctuary
    Zertryx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you do realise that if it was a roll back it only be before the patch most likley not (3 days ago XD) but imo a roll back would be a good choice exspecially if ppl were getting free coins from an exploit else u just screwed up the whole economy.

and if Gold goes up, Mats go up, Armors go up, charms go up, and everything that u earn from runs, grind and ect ..... become lower in value

that means ppl who dont swipe a card gonna be in a rough spot, exspecially since on sanc with gold at 600k+ HP charms now go for 5-6mil ..... u cant even get that back before it runs out on a grind and only if ur lucky in a few TT runs wich isnt likley
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Really, I cannot vote since I don't have the true facts of what (if anything) happened since today's patch.

All we hear right now is hearsay and people saying this and that.

I guess the admins will review exactly what is going on before making the decision to do a rollback or not.

So I vote nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ya know with a rollback the TW bids will just be a do over. Anything you made or bought will be availiable to made or bought again. Say you used an XP scroll, you'll still have the scroll to use. It may be a bit annoying, but it is just a game afterall. Its not like lives hang in the balance.
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    I was under the impression that they can roll the server back to just right before the patch and not weeks.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why would 80% of peop leave w/o rollback?
    If things went my way... they would just go back and delete the exploited gold... but doubt that gonna happen

So they go back and delete exploited gold. And what about the items already purchased from that ill-gotten gold like all the molders that exploiters bought up? And to gold dispersed to other characters and accounts that was made from selling boutique gold? And what about gold that was pooled into faction money holders or dispersed to members?

In other words, deleting the gold that was exploited isn't happening.

Here is a more sound solution: rollback to the server maintenance...fix the issue then re-open. Anyone who purchased Zen since the maintenance gets their gold back since they already spent money to get it (and many of them bought in order to take advantage of the inflated prices so now they will get stuck with the gold at normal selling prices - HAHA!)

The only thing "lost" then for players is time. Charms used during this time will revert back to pre-used time. It just means players will have to re-do less than a day's worth of playing. For some, that may seem unbearable (and those poor individuals need therapy if they are that "into" anything, let alone a video game), but the upside is the cheaters will not be able to keep their ill-gotten gains giving them an unfair advantage over those that didn't exploit.

If they didn't roll back, certain big guilds that participated will be able to outbid anyone they want in TW...buy tons of charms...get much better gear since anyone that looked at the AH can see the best mats and molds are gone. All of them! Most of what was left before server shut down was the fb19 molds. So imagine you weren't one of the exploiters and you ended up being attacked by a faction that did exploit. Talk about a huge disadvantage. It would be like going to a gun fight and you bringing a knife.

So really, would just deleting the expoited gold fix all of this?

NO.

I am thoroughly convinced that anyone who is against a rollback has either exploited, profitted indirectly by selling items at inflated prices to take advantage of others exploiting, or are just simply trying to qualify for the next Special Olympics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DjAligator - Sanctuary
    DjAligator - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    no roll back

Players create the prices for gold sell not GM's or bugs that you always say.
    If you see 999k for each gold why you buy? You should let there untill expire.

It started from 150k and other players see that is buy 150k fast they put more 200k-250k-400k and so on.

The question if you see is that expensive why you buy and now you ask for roll back ?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If the supposed exploit was REALLY a glitch or something, then yes rollback. If it was just players messing with the system and people went along, then no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So they go back and delete exploited gold. And what about the items already purchased from that ill-gotten gold like all the molders that exploiters bought up? And to gold dispersed to other characters and accounts that was made from selling boutique gold? And what about gold that was pooled into faction money holders or dispersed to members?

Here is a more sound solution: rollback to the server maintenance...fix the issue then re-open. Anyone who purchased Zen since the maintenance gets their gold back since they already spent money to get it (and many of them bought in order to take advantage of the inflated prices so now they will get stuck with the gold at normal selling prices - HAHA!)

The only thing "lost" then for players is time. Charms used during this time will revert back to pre-used time. It just means players will have to re-do less than a day's worth of playing. For some, that may seem unbearable (and those poor individuals need therapy if they are that "into" anything, let alone a video game), but the upside is the cheaters will not be able to keep their ill-gotten gains giving them an unfair advantage over those that didn't exploit.

If they didn't roll back, certain big guilds that participated will be able to outbid anyone they want in TW...buy tons of charms...get much better gear since anyone that looked at the AH can see the best mats and molds are gone. All of them! Most of what was left before server shut down was the fb19 molds. So imagine you weren't one of the exploiters and you ended up being attacked by a faction that did exploit. Talk about a huge disadvantage. It would be like going to a gun fight and you bringing a knife.

NO.

I am thoroughly convinced that anyone who is against a rollback has either exploited, profitted indirectly by selling items at inflated prices to take advantage of others exploiting, or are just simply trying to qualify for the next Special Olympics.

quoted for truth.

Log everyone who does not want a rollback, ban them for abusing this problem and being greedy, rollback the servers. All is fixed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • DirtyWiz - Sanctuary
    DirtyWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The problem was not with the players who was selling thier gold, its with the players buying the gold to get a certian item.
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Roll back or many people are going to leave.
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Rollback would be stupid and wasteful to all the players who've worked hard recently. its also unnecassary becuz the economy will stabalize again soon. ppl are going to continue to buy zen and sell gold.
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    just ban the players who exploited the game. u cant destroy the economy. it will stabalize. ppl buy gold off ah then spend. and ppl buy more zen and sell more gold. where do u think the gold comes from? it doesnt recirculate. it is bought sold and used. then rebought with credit cards resold again.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009

NO.

Finally someone with common sense, YOU GUYS LOST NOTHING UNLESS YOU EXPLOITED..

It was a glitch/bug obviously..100gold doesnt = 200m in 15hours idc what you say or come up with.. It wont happen.

So yes Rollback .. Plus alot of people wasted 1m on WCs (i didnt but meh),if they don't roll back itll show the greed of GMs..No harm is done no money is loss ONLY if you exploited..
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Some of us bought gold today for the new fashions, I'm sure most people who bought zen today are honest people.

I voted for the roll back... without it, the honest people in PWI are unduly harmed by the unavailability of all the nice AH items that were stolen.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Rollback would be stupid and wasteful to all the players who've worked hard recently. its also unnecassary becuz the economy will stabalize again soon. ppl are going to continue to buy zen and sell gold.

it will stabalize again but still there would be people who made millions out of this
  • Zachari - Lost City
    Zachari - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    roll Back Or Many People Are Going To Leave.

Personnaly I Leave If A Roll Back Is Done !!!!
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if they dont roll back.. gms kinda scammed me since i bought 200 teles and i dropped my 3mil weapon lol
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Personnaly I Leave If A Roll Back Is Done !!!!

Yea cause having a screwed up economy makes games better. Go you.
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    it will stabalize again but still there would be people who made millions out of this

oh well. people made millions off an exploit. it shouldve been prevented and it wasnt. someone screwed up. so ban the people that exploited it, if u can catch them. if not oh well
  • janiska
    janiska Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dont role bk or some people lose stuff they earned fair
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I doubt there will be a roll back. Look who voted against it : b:chuckle

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1082
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009

NO.

b:victory
    My thoughts exactly. It's unfair to those who didn't exploit. Sure the prices in AH for gold were set by players but those who actually bought the gold at those ridiculous prices are probably exploiters using the coins that weren't supposed to be in game anyway!
This discussion has been closed.