Petition for Barb. Animal Change

Options

Comments

• takklegore
    takklegore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    im new and reading this thread kinda turns me off to making the barb character right away.. my personal views and opinions on games i play if the game isn't good with personalization then its a game not worth playing because everyone looks that same and it gets old... if i can be bold to suggest the same as everyone else... let fur color, eye color, fur pattern, and breed have more options... i can throw out a few examples for breed (all humanoids) rabbits, bears, male Foxes, and since this game likes it's share of Feline morphs how bout a cheetah? and a out there suggestion.. how bout a humanoid dragon? or Gryphon? and more mystical creatures like centaurs, or minotaurs. any others think the same as these? or am i just wishful thinking?
    The More you SWEAT in PREPARATION the Less you BLEED in BATTLE -Takk Le'Gore
  • DeCentury - Heavens Tear
    DeCentury - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If nothing else, maybe we could buy a True Form Scroll or something similar in the Mall.....It would cost a lot of man-hours for the devs to write the code for the changes and they would need to recoup those costs. I'd pay for that! 'Course, I'm already a tiger, but if I could make over into a wolf and then also change into a wolf that would be awesome. That and some fur choices (color/soft-fuzzy/sharp-feral)......

I'm enjoying the game as it is now but this would just add another level of enjoyment.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe something like this will be added with the advanced makeover scroll? There's an advanced makeover scroll in other versions apparently, I remember reading in the character customization screen something about needing it. Different colors for left and right eyes and/or seperate mouth corner alignments, I think.
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It would be a lot more fun if we could choice our animal form :D

And I think we should be able to choose the color of the fur in the humanoid form (at character creation) also. The customization for the Barbarians are very poor compared to the other classes.
    Totally agreed. I got a tiger barb because I always thought that Panda-morphing-to-tiger was stupid, same with lion and wolf.

And no, advanced makeup scroll doesn't allow to change anything like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • Raugaj - Heavens Tear
    Raugaj - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedBy everyone's creativity! YES ladies and gentlemen this is indeed quite the movement we have here. I like the idea of a "True Form" scroll, that's quite out of the box but wow what an idea! Transformations with cheetahs, dragons, gryphons, and minotaurs is also very insightful ^^. I'm really glad that people have taken to this idea so well and so powerfully.

Thanks again to everyone who posts here, who votes in the poll, and most importantly spreads the idea and the love of this game everywhere! b:laugh
    THANKS TO THE DEVELOPERS AND THANKS TO THE COMMUNITY!
    Happy Playing and Happy New Years to everyone! :]
  • Wulph - Heavens Tear
    Wulph - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    this has not even been posted in the suggestion fourms. sad

well there i posted it. for the op. not taking credit for it tho
  • HolyBowman - Lost City
    HolyBowman - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a barb and would love to have my barb turn into the animal it is and not a tiger and also it just makes good sense that a wolf would turn into a wolf or a panda into a panda and not a tiger or for venos to turn into a rabbit cat bat or what ever and not a fox as well unless your a fox then its fine its just weird
  • andreas9200
    andreas9200 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    this has not even been posted in the suggestion fourms. sad

About time someone does that.
  • Aubebear - Lost City
    Aubebear - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Its kinda wierd that the developers didn't consider this in the years it took to develop this game. As detailed as this game is you think they would have thought of that b:surrender
  • sinistervii
    sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It would be a lot more fun if we could choice our animal form :D

And I think we should be able to choose the color of the fur in the humanoid form (at character creation) also. The customization for the Barbarians are very poor compared to the other classes.

Choosing colors...? (Imagine a pink tiger) XDDDD Would've been awesome!
    Then I could actually start saying "I see pink tigers...@_@"
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I personally think that the barbarian customization should be improved greatly. The ideas for customizable fur patterns, fur colors, and to be able to alter the ways that the facial features come together. To me, tails are a must. In the description for the barbarian it says that they are evolved from nature. So if we are nature's fighters, then why are we tailless? But the biggest issue is the fact that our only true form is a tiger. The only time I use the true form anymore is when I tank bosses. It really doesnt make sense to have a wolf turn into a tiger... and it also seems wierd to me to have green and red lions an blue wolves. If the petition doesnt work..... then I suggest a riot >=D.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Anyone else noticed that the armor has a little flap at the back that seems was meant for a tail?
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tyraro - Sanctuary
    Tyraro - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a barb and would love to have my barb turn into the animal it is and not a tiger and also it just makes good sense that a wolf would turn into a wolf or a panda into a panda and not a tiger or for venos to turn into a rabbit cat bat or what ever and not a fox as well unless your a fox then its fine its just weird

It would be most amusing to see the venos who picked it suddenly realize that they are turning into a squirrel.

b:laugh

If they did change this, I'm not sure I'd still want to be a wolf. I didn't know when I picked wolf how many wolf mobs there are already. I don't want to be even harder to identify.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lol at later levels theres more lion mobs than wolf mobs. b:shocked

And they look uber cool as compared to the barbarian lions. b:angry
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Brotherdave - Heavens Tear
    Brotherdave - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I would like not only more options in transformations but also in what animals are available in the first place. Grizzly bear barb would totally rock!
    "Nobody is that much better than anybody else at the big table. They have different styles, different ways of doing things. But everybody gets the same cards." - Robert Duvall in Lucky You
  • Kalador - Heavens Tear
    Kalador - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    More customizastion would be nice, colour changes/size etc, as far as animals, I can't really think of anything that wouldn't be a copy of WoW .b:shocked
  • MeatShielder - Sanctuary
    MeatShielder - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i think this would be a great idea. keep the skill the same, just base what animal you become in true form, off what you are in humanoid.
    its pretty wierd seeing a wolf turn into a white tiger.
  • MeatShielder - Sanctuary
    MeatShielder - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    More customizastion would be nice, colour changes/size etc, as far as animals, I can't really think of anything that wouldn't be a copy of WoW .b:shocked
    well its kinda hard to not "copy" wow, on a game that's basically a WoW clone
  • Kalador - Heavens Tear
    Kalador - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

You got that right, I do see a Lineage 2 influence in here also though b:puzzled
  • Alanos - Sanctuary
    Alanos - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought of the same thing too, that a panda barb should turn into a panda for true form and same for wolf and lion. I was also thinking why can't there be female barbarians? I can understand female only venomancers but no female barbarians? sexist? or is it just part of the lore?
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I sign it >3

'Please GMs!" I want my Wolf into a wolf! Whaha. So I can howl? :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krelig - Heavens Tear
    Krelig - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I voted "No" because an Untamed wouldn't want to transform into anything but a White Tiger. It would be, in short, unthinkable.

That's my RP reason. My other reason is that it's symbolic to turn into a White Tiger which is based on Chinese Mythology relating to the White Tiger.
  • Krelig - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

WoW's an EQ clone.
  • giggletank
    giggletank Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope you all know that the GM's here have nothing to do with the development of the game. It's the developers in China that have say in what goes into the game. Perfect World International is nothing but a port.

Petitioning here will bring about nothing but crushed dreams.
  • Ozzilupo - Heavens Tear
    Ozzilupo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    raugaj wrote: »
    Yes so for example if you were to choose the lion humanoid the transformation would result in a large lion instead of the typical white tiger.

i agree which ever animal we choose when we created our character we should shape shift into the the actual animal form. I find is a bit odd that i chose i wolf humanoid yet transform into a white tiger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What is done is done. they are never going to do something like that, the devs that is.
    Never is there going to be a "deeper" customization of the barb class or any thing of the sort. So if you are expecting something like that from the DEVELOPERS (not GM's), than too bad its not going to hapen. Why??? because they dont care...
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Krelig - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What is done is done. they are never going to do something like that, the devs that is.
    Never is there going to be a "deeper" customization of the barb class or any thing of the sort. So if you are expecting something like that from the DEVELOPERS (not GM's), than too bad its not going to hapen. Why??? because they dont care...

No, it's because it wouldn't fit with the mythology they drew on; not because "they don't care".

It's easier to just toss out "they don't care" then to try and understand the game on a deeper level, or to understand that the game wasn't written in English, but in a different language, isn't it?
  • SmokeBong - Heavens Tear
    SmokeBong - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    particullary, would not happen, requires probably many game code, server code, database changes to do that, beijing need to think about this in the time, when the game was developed. I voted YES anyway, if that can change something.
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mat changes for variety of human form barb = GOOD
    the tiger was chosen for it's spiritual and mythical symbolizim. i don't think changing it would be good. kinda defeat the purpose of putting it in the game.
    the tiger is a symbol of power and agression speed. panda foxes lions all have different meanings in the mythos of the east.

but the tiger was chosen symbolically not aestetically. just ask for mat changes instead. then your barb would look diffent then any other barb even in fashion we all look the same still
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Huggy Hare Revolution!

They should be able to turn into Huggy Hare's - instead of Tiger's. pfft.