Ultimate Noob Guide (Lots of Q&A)

Comments

• Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the books were a reward for the first part of the pet quests. i can't remember too well about the books, i did that quest a long time ago, but try clicking on them or right clicking on them. if that doesn't work try talking to the trainer or possibly the elder. now that you are level 7 you can get the second part of the pet quest from the pet skill trainer. after you complete that, you will be able to buy the tame pet skill from her.

venomous scarab is upgraded at the venomaster trainer at levels 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40, and 45. so being level 7, it's not time to upgrade yet. to see what levels skills are upgraded, pull up your skills menu (click "R") and then click the arrow at the bottom next to where it says "skill tree", then just mouseover the skills and it will tell you at what levels upgrades are available.
  • Melanyia - Sanctuary
    Melanyia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks so much for you help! I will try that out, and pay attention to lvls :o)
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    Kudajia - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I was told the other day that if you gain enough coins you can trade a certen amount for gold. if not then whats the price for buying gold on this site?
  • shimer
    shimer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi i am slowly working out the game and i wondered if when trading item and selling them if there was a way of only giving a certan amount eg my m8 wanted 1 sand stone but when i tryed to give it to him it put all of it in plz help ty b:kiss
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I was told the other day that if you gain enough coins you can trade a certen amount for gold. if not then whats the price for buying gold on this site?

yes, you can buy gold from the auctioneer in the bigger towns. there is an option there for players to sell their gold for in game coins and vice versa. the exchange rate is around 100k for 1 gold but that tends to fluctuate with supply and demand. alternatively you can purchase gold online with real money. at the very top of this page you'll see a link that says "charge". this will take you to the website where you purchase the gold. there are different methods in which you can purchase it such as PayPal, Ultimate Game cards, etc. with the ultimate game cards the minimum purchase is $10 (10gold) for every other method it's $20 (20gold).

shimer wrote: »
    Hi i am slowly working out the game and i wondered if when trading item and selling them if there was a way of only giving a certan amount eg my m8 wanted 1 sand stone but when i tryed to give it to him it put all of it in plz help ty b:kiss

press and hold "ALT" when dragging the item to the trade window (or merchant window, safe, etc.) and it will give you the little popup box where you can enter the amount you want to give. =)
  • shimer
    shimer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for your help and fast reply b:kiss
  • AdriaOrici - Heavens Tear
    AdriaOrici - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Note: If you run out of quests to do, kill FLYING mobs. 1/2 hp and 2x hp. You should also add in FB19 and 29 to do since they give alot of exp

This part, shldnt it be 1/2 hp and 2x exp?
    Previous GE player. Pretty dissapointed. So hope PWI is better at controlling botters ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akira44
    akira44 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    how do i get a knew attack skill

like what the tree shows

im at the level but how do i get it
  • strikefear
    strikefear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm kinda stuck atm. My weapons box is red and I can't fight anything. What do I need to do to correct this, or did I just miss it in your guide. TY in advance,
  • axinja
    axinja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    strikefear wrote: »
    I'm kinda stuck atm. My weapons box is red and I can't fight anything. What do I need to do to correct this, or did I just miss it in your guide. TY in advance,

Never arrived to me, but I think you never repaired your weapon. Seems you need to visit a tailor/crafter/whatever, click on trade list and on the repair button at the bottom
  • StrikeFear - Sanctuary
    StrikeFear - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    that was it, ty for your help on this
  • fiix
    fiix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hi, can anyone say me if it's possible to rotate the cam ?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    fiix wrote: »
    hi, can anyone say me if it's possible to rotate the cam ?

right click hold and move mouse
  • filitz
    filitz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Do you have to be a certian kind of character to be a certian job? ex: can humans be tanks/cat girls be priests/winged girls be beast tamers?

And can you pick the gender of your beast character? Or is it more or less like Final Fantasy 11, where cat people can only be girls? I'm currently dling the game, and I would like to know.
  • razere
    razere Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I believe the genders are as follows, though this is only from glancing around at the forums:

Venomancer- Female Only
    Barbarian- Male Only
    Blademaster- Male Only
    Wizard- Female Only
    Archer- Male/Female
    Cleric- Male/Female

I'm 90% sure on the Archer/Cleric/Veno/Barbarian, the other two, I am not so sure on.
  • darkstarshadow
    darkstarshadow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    sooooo many post to go through
    first i would like to say GREAT GAME

second can you lvl a weap/armor .. if i have a socket arm guard and i want to lvl to next lvl and keep the stats how do i go about it?

ty for your help and sorry if posted somewhere i came from a ugly game conquer
  • MatrakMagic - Heavens Tear
    MatrakMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    razere wrote: »
    I believe the genders are as follows, though this is only from glancing around at the forums:

Venomancer- Female Only(Dammit,it's not fair!)
    Barbarian- Male Only
    Blademaster-Both genders.
    Wizard-Both
    Archer- Male/Female
    Cleric- Male/Female

I'm 90% sure on the Archer/Cleric/Veno/Barbarian, the other two, I am not so sure on.

I modified it.Look better.
    Mr.Arsefacey himself.
  • Filitz - Sanctuary
    Filitz - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Man! I wanted to make a Ritsuka! Q.Q (anyone read LOVELESS? =D)

Why do all the guys need to look big and manly? I wanted to make a bishounen! D<
  • kongster
    kongster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    can anyone tell me how to actually get onto the game bcuz i dwnlded it already to my cmp but it wont show up any game icon and cant find any on the site
  • kishibe
    kishibe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hey, I'm new to the game and have one question. Is there a way to LOCK the camera so it always follows your character or do you have to constantly rotate it with the Right Mouse button? Its really annoying that I constantly have to rotate the camera just to see where I am.
  • gsrs
    gsrs Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    there is something i didn't see how do u change your avatar?????????????
    i'm a noob and i show it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mereklar
    mereklar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am coming to this game from WoW and I have a few easy questions but havent been able to find the answers.
    Movement: Can you direct your character by holding down both mouse buttons? (Make your character run and look around plus change directions etc.)
    PVP: Can you attack while moving and jumping etc. Or do you have to just stand there toe to toe?
    Skills: In WoW we have talents I think here the equivalent is called Skills. If I develop my character with a certain set of skills and later decide I don’t really like the choices I made, is there a way to re-skill my character from the ground up or am I just stuck with my mistakes?
    Thanks for all of you help guys, I look forward to seeing you in game!
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    Chrysilla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Do you have to be a certian kind of character to be a certian job? ex: can humans be tanks/cat girls be priests/winged girls be beast tamers?

Humans can be blademasters (DDs, not tanks) or wizards, elves are healers or archers, venomancers (cat girls) are beast tamers, barbarians are tanks. As for genders, humans and elves are both genders, venomancers are female only and barbarians are male only.
    can you lvl a weap/armor .. if i have a socket arm guard and i want to lvl to next lvl and keep the stats how do i go about it?

Sockets are for gems that give you extra attack/hp/mp. The closest thing to lvling a weapon would be adding mirage stones on it.
    can anyone tell me how to actually get onto the game bcuz i dwnlded it already to my cmp but it wont show up any game icon and cant find any on the site

read the first post
    Is there a way to LOCK the camera so it always follows your character or do you have to constantly rotate it with the Right Mouse button?

personally i didn't discover any way to lock the camera.
    there is something i didn't see how do u change your avatar?

First, more than 3 question marks are annoying, second, on the right upper corner there's a big button marked "edit your avatar".
    Can you direct your character by holding down both mouse buttons?

Yes.
    is there a way to re-skill my character from the ground up or am I just stuck with my mistakes?

The only way to re-skill is to buy a reset stone from the cash shop and take it to the elder. The best would be to ask around the others from your class about the best built for your character.

As for PvP, I cannot help you, I never tried it.
  • taishar
    taishar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    cant find inventory expansion. looked for a sticky but could find any? help someone that has some knowledge
  • kergma
    kergma Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm having a little problem. I have some unidentified items, but when I click the identify box on the npc's I get a box that doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something, or has the identify function not been enabled? Or is it something I need to pay cash for?
  • Vonkemp - Sanctuary
    Vonkemp - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    how do you get fashion items?
  • Emsins - Heavens Tear
    Emsins - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    how do you get fashion items?

I think you get those from the boutique. Or you buy them from players who bought them from the boutique so you don't have to pay real money.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. ^^"
  • moonbayne
    moonbayne Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    How do you set up your own "shop" thing?
  • Surtr - Heavens Tear
    Surtr - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    can ne1 tell me how to start a faction? or maybe some info on what a good faction needs to have?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You can start a faction in Archosaur east, just north of the docks at the NPC there.
    And at moonbayne: Press E (emotes), then click Consignment Shop under Trade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!