Ultimate Noob Guide (Lots of Q&A)

Comments

• Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Serenalexis - Did you install the game client? If so, just open up the game, and update it with patches (it might take some time), then you should be able to play since you already have an PW account...right? =)
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • mightyboosh
    mightyboosh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    cant delete post :-s
  • mightyboosh
    mightyboosh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    edit: nevermind...
  • greyhounds
    greyhounds Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    how do i choose race?
  • envious
    envious Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Me and my friends started a faction and have been wondering, when we get to the third lvl of the faction, how do you put up your own picture to your faction? thanks in advance.
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    Kudajia - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I got a question for ya. how do I log from the game when I am still playing? I can't seem to figure out how to log out of it yet.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The System Icon in the bottom right hand of the screen. Then Exit to desktop or return to character selection (then hitting exit a bunch of times).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boxing00emperor
    boxing00emperor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Can WR's use the same spells as an Mg if u train ur magic up enough. And can an Mg get as good as a WR in hand to hand combat if ut rain enough
    JD VS PWI
    LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    I'm skipping school for the release date :D
  • anath
    anath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    nice guide. I feel like I know a little more now. I'm still waiting for part 1 of the client to DL. Don't be mad, 'cuz I skimmed, but is there a way to make money ingame?
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    lol thank you that really does help ^_^
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    theres another problem I need help on. while playing I lost connecting to the server and had to leave then when trying to log back into the game it said that I was still loged on. I am not sure how to get back to playing.
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Can WR's use the same spells as an Mg if u train ur magic up enough. And can an Mg get as good as a WR in hand to hand combat if ut rain enough
    No to both.
    but is there a way to make money ingame?
    Kill mobs, play the market or buy cubi with real $ and sell ingame.
    theres another problem I need help on. while playing I lost connecting to the server and had to leave then when trying to log back into the game it said that I was still loged on. I am not sure how to get back to playing.
    On the login screen, in the bottom left of the login box there is a checkbox that says something like 'Force'.
    Check that and attempt to login. It will force-logout your character allowing you to get in.
    If someone else knows your password and does that, while your ingame it will give you a message saying someone else force logged you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • resol
    resol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I havent even finished downloading the game and i think i know enuff to 'all most' not be a noob b:laugh
  • jonte13
    jonte13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I laughed so hard the first few questions, and yes I'm a noob. b:chuckle
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    I am having trouble finding the cheif for the second quest for untamed. I know the location but when I go there the NPC is no where to be found.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you are looking for the untamed elder, hes the old lion standing on top of the stepped pedestal.

A little hint,

The NPCs with yellow shields are NPCs which have a quest suitable for you......In your case the Elder will probably have one over his head. They appear as orange dots on minimap.

The NPCs with a grayed out flag are NPCs you accepted a quest from, but haven't yet completed it.

The NPCs with a yellow flag are NPCs whose quests you have completed......go collect your reward. They appear as purple dots on minimap.

Also you can select their location using the map tool (the little green button next to the minimap). When set you will have a little coloured arrow to guide you to him.

Hope that helps...b:victory
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • larlissa
    larlissa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Is there a tutorial on this game or is it like
    WoW, where you just play?
  • envoir
    envoir Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how do i start to play??? i cant start

HELPME PLEASE I CANT FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thepussycat
    thepussycat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ummm....I cant find were to enter the game.......were do I go?
  • blackazn
    blackazn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hey u sed dat u get chi from killin mobs....wat r mobs?
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    Chrysilla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mobs is another name for the monsters you usually kill for exp.
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    I don't really understand what you people mean by "I cannot start", can you be more specific? Did you install the game properly? Did you install the updates? Are you already into the game's main window but you cannot enter? The "start" button is grey? Did you/ could you log in? You created a character but you can't go further?
    um i got an account, i downloaded the stuff, now where do i play this fantastic free game? where on this website can you actually play the actual game? i don't see a "play now" icon anywhere wth? any know whats going on?

you don't play this game on the site b:laugh
    go in the file named perfect world (where you installed it - most of the people install it on C://) -> launcher (it's a file) -> launcher.exe. It will launch the updater that should look like this:

http://i73.servimg.com/u/f73/11/93/43/62/pwlaun10.jpg

Click on start and enjoy :)

Someone already explained this better than me (several times on the previous pages):
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Surtr has an excellent guild on downloading, installing, and patching the game client here.

Once you've done that, bring up the Launcher with the desktop icon. Use the Launcher's setting button to increase your resolution to at least 800x600. After that's done, hit the Start button on the Launcher to bring up the ElementClient.

From the client, you'll want to hit the "Next" button to close the Notice window, and if you have not done so already, select a server. Then put in your username and password, and hit start.

That'll bring you to the character selection/creation screen. Mine goes to the Untamed area and has a Barbarian because I've already played one, but yours will likely have an empty vista of Etherblade or the City of Plume. Yours also won't have a red arrow pointing to the Create Character button, although it should. Click that button.

In the resulting screen, you'll want to set a name, select your species, gender, and class, and even customize your appearance.
  • Bladorn - Sanctuary
    Bladorn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    what are endurance on items for?
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    when it says the screenshots taken in game are saved to prefectworld/element/screenshots, where would one be able to find that at? I tried typing it and I got nothig.
    edited November 2008
    what are endurance on items for?
    As you use your weapons/armor they wear out and need to be periodically repaired. The endurance is a indicator of the condition of the item. When the endurance gets low, you will get a yellow pop-up reminding you to repair the item. If endurance gets to zero then the item is broken and cant be used.
    Dunno if it can be repaired after it gets to zero. Ive never let it go down so far.
    To repair just go to any blacksmith/tailor/craftsman NPC trade screen and select repair. You can then select which items to repair....or you can also just select repair all which will repair all items to full endurance.
    when it says the screenshots taken in game are saved to prefectworld/element/screenshots, where would one be able to find that at? I tried typing it and I got nothig.

That's just to say that its saved wherever you have installed perfectworld. By default its in C:.
    Try here: C:/perfectworld/element/screenshots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redbell
    redbell Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have a few questions....I don't like the way the keys are set up, are there ways for me to change them? i can't find anything. And is there a way for me to look around in the game?
    I probably sound really dumb right now, but this is the first time I've every played and rp game...^^'
    Also, I don't know how to exit the game once I've started, I've tired just clicking the x on the window but that doesn't even work....
  • acilies
    acilies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i have an account right and everythings downloaded now how do i play?
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    I tried to look in the download folder that the program was placed in
    but could not find a nother folder where I can find the screenshots.
    edited November 2008
    acilies wrote: »
    i have an account right and everythings downloaded now how do i play?

For anybody having issues running or starting the game please read this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=70202
    I tried to look in the download folder that the program was placed in
    but could not find a nother folder where I can find the screenshots.

It wont be in your initial download folder. That folder contains the files you need to install the game. The game installs into a different directory. To find out where YOU have installed it, right click your desktop icon for the game>properties>target path. Thats where the game is installed and under there in the element folder will you find your screen-shots.
    redbell wrote: »
    I have a few questions....I don't like the way the keys are set up, are there ways for me to change them? i can't find anything. And is there a way for me to look around in the game?
    I probably sound really dumb right now, but this is the first time I've every played and rp game...^^'
    Also, I don't know how to exit the game once I've started, I've tired just clicking the x on the window but that doesn't even work....

Well, unfortunately custom keybinds are not supported in this game. You're stuck with what the default key allocation is.
    To look around, simply hold down the right button on your mouse as you move it and it will rotate the camera.
    To exit the game, at the bottom right you will have a little icon that looks like a X. Click it. It will open a further submenu. Click the icon that looks like ( / ) <a circle with a line through it>. Click that and you will exit.

Near the ( / ) button you will find one that looks like a computer screen. Thats for settings and will hep you customise your game's appearance and details. Have a tinker at it. If something goes wrong you can always go back to default.

Hope that helps.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    My boyfriend is a venomancer lvl 40 and he wants a mount. Is there any way to have one, excepting buying? He has pets lvl 40 already, can they be somehow turned into mounts?