Ultimate Noob Guide (Lots of Q&A)

Comments

• Pwguardian - Lost City
    Pwguardian - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The game is live a long time allready. Maybe there is month or two by now.
  • quattro
    quattro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Been playing the game for a while, so far, its great. Until two fo my vital gears ran out of endurance. Can I fix this? Where Can I fix the gears that needs maintenance? Thanks in advance.
  • Lady_debra - Sanctuary
    Lady_debra - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How do i get a pet??? I have been looking all over for one but not finding. Do you have to be a certain lvl ??? b:cry
    Lost and wondering what to do!
  • Silberklaue - Heavens Tear
    Silberklaue - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    "fury" is called "spark" in this version.

venomancers are the only class that can have pets to fight. every other class can have very expensive baby pets which look cute but don't do anything else.

You can repair your armor at every merchant, if you open the trade window theres a button at the bottom :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Need help catching the Snow Hare (not to sell it -.-)? pm me! :)
  • doubleofletcher
    doubleofletcher Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi, I just started and I can't log in on the client. I've made an account but evertime I try logging in it says "Log in timeout 40 seconds. Time elapsed ..." And then it counts to 40 and says "Unable to connect to server".

Please help b:sad
  • wyatt666
    wyatt666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Good guide it helped me
  • wiselord
    wiselord Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im a lvl 6 elven archer and i cant use the skill to move faster while flying, what should i do? do i need any itens or more lvl? thanks.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wiselord wrote: »
    im a lvl 6 elven archer and i cant use the skill to move faster while flying, what should i do? do i need any itens or more lvl? thanks.

The skill to fly faster does not work with the wings you get at lvl 1. You will be able to use that skill once you get the "higher lvl" wings at lvl 30.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    My boyfriend is a venomancer lvl 40 and he wants a mount. Is there any way to have one, excepting buying? He has pets lvl 40 already, can they be somehow turned into mounts?

The only free mounts are the free flying ones (Mantaray for Untameds) you can get at lvl 30 from a quest. To do this quest please go to the Elder in Archosaur and follow the instructions he gives. If your boyfriend wants another mount he will have to either buy one with real money from the Boutique or buy it from other payers.
    P.S.: Sorry for the doublepost.
  • wiselord
    wiselord Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The skill to fly faster does not work with the wings you get at lvl 1. You will be able to use that skill once you get the "higher lvl" wings at lvl 30.

ok, thanks :)
  • violet1
    violet1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I can't find out how to make a character. I'm getting frustrated and feel like I need to choke someone. How do I start a character?
  • chinahman
    chinahman Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    can i upgrade quality of item. for example if i have a *** item can i turn it into a *legendary item and turn legendary item to the green item?
  • SydVicious - Sanctuary
    SydVicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In the beginning tutorial they mention how you change that. Sorry I can't remember how to do it, but the help file should tell you.
  • monas
    monas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey how do you log off and close it. (every time i have to turn off my computer) also how to minimize the game plz reply
  • olimpic
    olimpic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks u very much
  • dreamware
    dreamware Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hello, how do i start the game ? does it have anything to do with my updates ? Do i have to update before I can begin to play ? in that case i have another problem. I can't update. It stops al the time and i got a messege that says "download file error" or something like that.
  • ZhuegaeLiang - Sanctuary
    ZhuegaeLiang - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As the enemies seldom attack in groups, I'm guessing that "mob" is an acronym...

...one that was left out of your acronym list. ;)

Would you mind explaining that one? Thanks.
  • toasted
    toasted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ok i have looked though forums for about a hour looking for how i could set up my own shop
    i see alot of them for other ppl and i have asked so much and no one will tell me on game so i want to ask here i couldnt find a tread on it so can someone plz help me thank you and i mean them little pink or tan things in game that ppl sale the stuff at and thank you for who helps meb:pleased
  • shoyang788
    shoyang788 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    moop wrote: »
    guides like this will really kickstart the community before it goes live..

Cheers and salutations all.
    I completely agree with moop.
    thanks for the guide.
    great job.
  • indigowing
    indigowing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hello. I'm new here and I read the pvp section. I greatly despise pvp, so lets say if I reach level 30. Is there a way for me not getting attacked?
  • seion
    seion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Tim/tom/tammy Is my best friend forever till I love someone more.
    "TIMBFFTILSM"
    Best guess without an actual name.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    indigowing wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new here and I read the pvp section. I greatly despise pvp, so lets say if I reach level 30. Is there a way for me not getting attacked?

Play on the PvE servers. There PvP is disabled unless you enable it. Be warned though, once enabled it cant be switched off for another 10 hours.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • annabell89
    annabell89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi read ur guide answered a lot of my questions thx but i have a ? i might have overlooked it but in the game i turned off the help and now i dont remember the keys it said to push to get it to turn backon, Do u know how, if so id really appreciate it. Thx
  • zorlac
    zorlac Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi,

I have some noob questions if i can ask:
    - Is there a 'guild' guide? i.e. How do they work? Which should i choose? Can i leave at any time? What do you get out of being in a guild?
    - How far does common chat reach? Just players within a certain distance? How does it differ from 'shouting'?
    - I'm ready to do FB19. I've read this is impossible by yourself. How do you go about assembling a squad? Sit near the entry and wait? How many members should there be? When the final dude drops all the goodies, is it a free-for-all grab fest or do people discuss/decide who gets what?
    - Is FB19 really worth doing or should i simply continue questing and leveling up?
    - Where do i find the inventory expansion thing for the quest?
    - How does 'chi' work? I need this for a cleric spells but i can't see this recorded in the player stats anywhere? I have no idea how much i have!
    - Are manufacturing skills worth learning? Should i learn all or just those that apply to clerics?
    - Is there a (printable) PDF map? Or maybe a suggestion to the devs it would be great to be able to make notes on the map!

thanks!

.Z
  • jrizzer
    jrizzer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how is this game free? it has just as much content as WoW!!!b:shocked

i LOVE THIS GAME< I WILL NEVER PLAY A SUB BASED GAME AGAIN!!!

will they be adding more servers cause it's kinda crowded?

also, how is this game free? i really want to know.

thanks!!!
  • szael
    szael Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    Great guide, if I do say so myself.

***** 5 stars!! ^o^
    To Kazuma: I have seen someone on the Meebo.com Naruto chat rooms calling himself Kazuma Kuwabara. Is this, by any chance, you? His typing style is quite a bit like yours, and he seems like the kind of person who would like this kind of game. If you are this Kazuma, please get back to me ASAP. I frequent the (decent) Naruto chat rooms on Meebo as either KingofChess or TheWanderingSageJiraya.
    The Sage ot the Threads is my older brother.

Nice to meet you!b:heartb:byeb:heart

I hope that this game will be fun!
  • szael
    edited November 2008
    Also, I apologise if my typing style is too formal. This is just the way I am. As another note, I am a new player to PW, and go by the player name Szaellapollo, as in Szaellapollo Grantz from the manga/anime Bleach.

• szael
    edited November 2008
    jrizzer wrote: »
    how is this game free? it has just as much content as WoW!!!b:shocked

i LOVE THIS GAME< I WILL NEVER PLAY A SUB BASED GAME AGAIN!!!

will they be adding more servers cause it's kinda crowded?

also, how is this game free? i really want to know.

thanks!!!
    Since, to my knowledge, you have to download the game to your computer, they probably don't charge because most game fees normally go toward processing the enormous ammounts of data required to keep a MMO up and running. since the computers of the PC's handle most of the "grunt" processing in PW, this is the most likely reason for the lack of a fee.

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    And you're natural entertainer. Looking forward to more posts from you.
  • Melanyia - Sanctuary
    Melanyia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've been pouring over the posts about skills, and I'm still really confused on how to activate them. For instance, I'm a lvl 7 venomancer, and I have 2 books on me for pet skills and reviving and i'm just now sure how to use them. Plus, I have been unable to upgrade my venomous scarab. I must totally be missing a huge step somewhere. If someone could please help!

Thanks so much in advanceb:sad