Ultimate Noob Guide (Lots of Q&A)

Comments

• iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the download is taking 16-17 hours. i am going 2 download it in 4 parts. did it take that long 4 u guys? plz tell me. ty
    Took me 7 days for malaysian and 5 for pwi.
    What is the max level on this game? I have seen monsters up to level 140, and there are skills that are up to 100
    On this version, not sure. Could be 105 or higher. Absolute max currently is 150.
    but eeeeh where do i buy or craft it???
    Buy from other players via trade, shop or AH. Also can be bought from cash shop.
    How do you talk to other players?
    Umm.... Theres a big chat box in the bottom left. Its used to chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • pugwash
    pugwash Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I cannot find anywhere that explains BASIC things, like how you fire a bow and arrow without running to the enemy and getting snotted.. Or how to get the chat and Ongoing events (Got 12 gold etc) to stop obscuring each other by printing in same spot

Can you help?b:cry
  • dengladekill
    dengladekill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have been trying to figuring that Pets thingey out, how does that work? How does one get one?
  • kingpencam
    kingpencam Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Now with the fly speed skill does that also apply to the lv 30 wings?
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    Chrysilla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i'm having the same pet problem. I've seen somewhere on the forum that every race can have them at lvl 20 but only venomancers can buy the eggs from the npc shops and have them hatch. but once their hatched, we couldn't find a way to trade. so is that true that a blademaster can have a pet at lvl 20? if not/ yes, how does it work then? thanks for answering.
  • xxosirisxx
    xxosirisxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    puredon wrote: »
    Thank u so much for this guide, you've answered my questions perfectly !
    Thanks for the guid! It will REALLY help once I get the game installed!

BTW One noobish thing I didn't see is how to change your avatar....
    May I ask how you do so?

Thanks
  • youngsly
    youngsly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hi thats cool
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xxosirisxx wrote: »
    BTW One noobish thing I didn't see is how to change your avatar....
    May I ask how you do so?
    Once you've created a character in-game, go to the top level of the forums, and hit the Change button where you normally put in your username and password. That'll bring you to the Avatar page.
    kingpencam wrote: »
    Now with the fly speed skill does that also apply to the lv 30 wings?
    The Winged Elf Fly Mastery power only applies to the White Wings power, at this time.
    i'm having the same pet problem. I've seen somewhere on the forum that every race can have them at lvl 20 but only venomancers can buy the eggs from the npc shops and have them hatch. but once their hatched, we couldn't find a way to trade. so is that true that a blademaster can have a pet at lvl 20? if not/ yes, how does it work then? thanks for answering.

Venomancers can return pets into their eggs by talking to the Pet Managers. Pets for other classes require the special pets from Mrs Zoologist in Archosaur (southeast?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sko1l
    sko1l Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hi, im sort of new and I am downloading the game atm, so i was wondering whether I would be able to create a MALE venomancer ,because I like the concept behind the character but so far I've yet to see a male one
  • fieryabis
    fieryabis Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:question how do i make a character? im new so im very confused.
    please help me.
  • jchnny
    jchnny Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Okay, so if only WFs can get the eggs, how does anyone else get the pet?
    Do we have to buy the eggs from them?
    I've seen "Kitty"s running around like fightable monsters, can we catch them?
    I want my cat. XD
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    Chrysilla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    thanks alot for answering me :)

jchnny, he told you: go see mrs. zoologist in archosaur.

edit: i went to see her, but i still can't buy one, they're all in grey :( I really don't get it and i feel annoyed to insist here about it... but i really wish i had one
  • jchnny
    edited October 2008
    Oh, I didn't see that.. I did a search for "cat" "kitty" and "pet" and didn't see what I needed. =o

Okay so you went there and still didn't get the pet? Bah, I wonder why not...
    Not to be pushy, but, -persists-
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Chrysilla wrote:
    edit: i went to see her, but i still can't buy one, they're all in grey :( I really don't get it and i feel annoyed to insist here about it... but i really wish i had one
    Mrs. Zoologist requires the materials listed in the bottom half of her trade window; they're usually Venomancer pet eggs, and you'll need to buy them from other players if you're not a venomancer.
    sko1l wrote:
    hi, im sort of new and I am downloading the game atm, so i was wondering whether I would be able to create a MALE venomancer ,because I like the concept behind the character but so far I've yet to see a male one
    Venomancers are all female at this time.
    fieryabis wrote:
    how do i make a character? im new so im very confused.
    Surtr has an excellent guild on downloading, installing, and patching the game client here.

Once you've done that, bring up the Launcher with the desktop icon. Use the Launcher's setting button to increase your resolution to at least 800x600. After that's done, hit the Start button on the Launcher to bring up the ElementClient.

From the client, you'll want to hit the "Next" button to close the Notice window, and if you have not done so already, select a server. Then put in your username and password, and hit start.

That'll bring you to the character selection/creation screen. Mine goes to the Untamed area and has a Barbarian because I've already played one, but yours will likely have an empty vista of Etherblade or the City of Plume. Yours also won't have a red arrow pointing to the Create Character button, although it should. Click that button.

In the resulting screen, you'll want to set a name, select your species, gender, and class, and even customize your appearance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahaku
    sahaku Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yay, this helps clear a lot of things up, thank you ^^
  • jchnny
    edited October 2008
    Yay! Thanks Gattsuru ^^
  • bloood
    bloood Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    help me i dont know how to play this game...literaly i dowlaeded it but dont know how to bring it up...help appretiated...exuse the bad spelling lol
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Surtr has an excellent guild on downloading, installing, and patching the game client here.

Once you've done that, bring up the Launcher with the desktop icon. Use the Launcher's setting button to increase your resolution to at least 800x600. After that's done, hit the Start button on the Launcher to bring up the ElementClient.

From the client, you'll want to hit the "Next" button to close the Notice window, and if you have not done so already, select a server. Then put in your username and password, and hit start.

That'll bring you to the character selection/creation screen. Mine goes to the Untamed area and has a Barbarian because I've already played one, but yours will likely have an empty vista of Etherblade or the City of Plume. Yours also won't have a red arrow pointing to the Create Character button, although it should. Click that button.

In the resulting screen, you'll want to set a name, select your species, gender, and class, and even customize your appearance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsukyo
    tsukyo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello, I am new and I have a problem of creation of character!

It is simple: when I want to creer a character, I cannot click " create ", because the word "Start" is in front of... Please help me =D

> > > I am not English (but French), so speak simply please xD
    Yes, i'm a french-girl, but I Love English =D

Mercii !
  • manofunagi
    manofunagi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so how does the zen/coin thing work. the advertisement said we can play for free but it seems like we have to pay for these zen/coins rather than getting them from playing the game.
  • chosenangel
    chosenangel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was wondering,

I know tha at lvl 30 you can pvp other lvl 30+ people BUT
    does this mean you can be attacked by anyone at anytime unless you are in a safe zone?
    Even if you never attacked anyone ever before?
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    manofunagi wrote: »
    so how does the zen/coin thing work. the advertisement said we can play for free but it seems like we have to pay for these zen/coins rather than getting them from playing the game.

"Coins" are the completely in-game currency. Zen, Gold, and Silver can be purchased for money. The latter are used for the Cash Shop items. While some Cash Shop items are useful or look nice, they're really not necessary for play. You can easily play without buying any Zen, Gold, or Silver. You can also use the Auctioneers to trade "Coins" for Gold and Silver other players are willing to sell, so you can even get some Cash Shop items without paying for them.
    I was wondering,

I know tha at lvl 30 you can pvp other lvl 30+ people BUT
    does this mean you can be attacked by anyone at anytime unless you are in a safe zone?
    Even if you never attacked anyone ever before?

On Lost City (PVP Server), as soon as you reach level 30, you can be attacked by any other level 30+ character, unless you are in a Safe Zone. On Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary (PvE Servers), both you and your target (or attacker) must have intentionally enabled PvP Mode.
    tsukyo wrote: »
    Hello, I am new and I have a problem of creation of character!

It is simple: when I want to creer a character, I cannot click " create ", because the word "Start" is in front of... Please help me =D

Please increase your resolution. From the Launcher, click Settings. Then look at the drop-down menu next to "Resolution". You want to select something at or above 800x640. Click Confirm, then click Start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chosenangel
    chosenangel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    On Lost City (PVP Server), as soon as you reach level 30, you can be attacked by any other level 30+ character, unless you are in a Safe Zone. On Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary (PvE Servers), both you and your target (or attacker) must have intentionally enabled PvP Mode.
    t.

Thanks a lot ^^
  • nelu
    nelu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thx Man b:victory
  • scarletflame
    scarletflame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank you so much for this guide. It helped a lot. :)
  • natw
    natw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What is the auction house? Where is it?
  • meisnotyou
    meisnotyou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Are there really scythes in this game? Just curious as I've never seen anyone holding them in the game... Most common are dual axe, swords, blades, and dual blades for melee classes... but never a scythe...
  • mimet
    mimet Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    um i got an account, i downloaded the stuff, now where do i play this fantastic free game? where on this website can you actually play the actual game? i don't see a "play now" icon anywhere wth? any know whats going on?
  • serenalexis
    serenalexis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know this is probably a really **** question, but i'm new to this game, and i REALLY would like to play it; it sounds so insanely interesting and awesome. Problem is... i dont know how to start playing it =/ do i have to buy some CD, or do i download and play? I also just downloaded a client for 2 hours, and i'm not sure what to do from here. I will come back on tomorrow night, so if anyone can help me, please do. I'd really love to have the opportunity to play : ) THANK YOU!!
  • aalina
    aalina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Great guide! Very helpful b:victory