OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    I believe this issue may be the result of latency issues. Try toggling the Best Performance option, or simply waiting a few minutes to see if it resolves itself.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• tayabashi
    tayabashi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I though so too. I'll try the let it stand and fix routine but we've dropped all setting to lowest on both computer and it's not changed, checked our connections and tehy are the same speed as before, no torrents, downloads, etc pulling on the internet, and we viewed them all before.

I'll write back in i find a cure to this myself. will check in in a bit.

EDIT: I just noticed that this will probably work just because all or most the people that you can't see in that area will leave the loaded area while you wait XD
        _      _
      〃⌒ヾ-、―( ヾ       
      {{   ノ-―`゚ヘヽリ
      ゞ=〈ヽ〃ノノハ)〉、
       ノノハI」゚ ヮ゚ノリ`ヾ 、  
      ((/( ⊂レ卯つヽ V〉 
      V〉)' く/V|_!〉 ))   
       '′   じ'ノ
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    What graphics card are you using, and have you updated to the latest drivers?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• tayabashi
    tayabashi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ATI Radeon X1200, Latest drivers.
    If you want full system specs, I can send you those over PM.
        _      _
      〃⌒ヾ-、―( ヾ       
      {{   ノ-―`゚ヘヽリ
      ゞ=〈ヽ〃ノノハ)〉、
       ノノハI」゚ ヮ゚ノリ`ヾ 、  
      ((/( ⊂レ卯つヽ V〉 
      V〉)' く/V|_!〉 ))   
       '′   じ'ノ
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have a bug to report:

My squad and I were in a dungeon and we all got killed by mobs, but one of us were still standing even with no hp/mp. one of the guys who didn't die seem as if he froze up while the mobs attacked him constantly. And every time his hp went below half it became full again, and the cycle repeats. We tried to whisper him but got no response. A similar event happened several nights before.
    Retired b:bye
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is a minor bug, the world won't end if it isn't fixed but it bugs me. I'm showing all players except for The Barbarian Class, with short black hair even when they don't have short black hair.

EDIT: Something else I just discovered by clicking on someone's portrait, it's also showing everyone with pale white skin.

EDIT: nvm. I figured it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Today my screen flickered black during my FB39 run. It would go black for a second, and then turn back on. Dunno if this is a driver problem, I have Nvida Geforce 6600.(256MB) My settings are on high except for trees are on low setting. It kept happening after I relogged.
  • chloe23
    chloe23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    idk if this is a bug but for like 2 weeks now the game keeps telling me it cannot connect to the server.
  • zezuan
    zezuan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    what i should do? my client version is 15.b:sad

nimetnhz7.th.jpgthpix.gif
  • inkoo
    inkoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i played for like an hour, then it glitched and now it plays as if it was windowed even though it's fullscreen. plus it locks up and crashes. what do i do?
  • Tlmader - Sanctuary
    Tlmader - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm trying to create my brother an account, who is below 13, and the registration form is not accepting my birthday; I am not under 13. I am also using my personal details, not my little brother's. Please help.
  • torinchibi
    torinchibi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Quite a few people have noticed this, which is why I was wondering why I didn't see a bug report on this in the last 53 pgs....(Yes, I went through all of them). Last night someone told me that Flying Mastery is bugged (not sure if it's bugged or if this is by design), and it doesn't work with any of the Cash Shop wings or even the level 30 wings. I was skeptical at first as it didn't make sense to me. Why would elves be the only ones that need to switch wings if they want to use their passives and then switch again if they want to boost to chase someone? After all, that's what our job is, chasing people down (especially the archers). I decided to test this with my lvl 30 wings and my white wings and guess what? I timed how long it takes to go 20 coordinate points in one direction with both types and it turns out it takes 37 seconds with level 30 wings and 30 seconds with white wings.

I myself know a bunch of people who are very dissatisfied with the fact that after level 45 or so their item mall wings fly slower than their level 1 wings simply because of the flying mastery. I know it stopped me from buying those wings. As cool as some of the ones not released yet would look, they are useless to me if they fly slower than level 1 wings!

If this is truly by design, and it was made to gimp the elves and their flying passive, then I would at least expect to see that in the skill description. Something as simple as "Only works with Natural Elven Wings" would be fine, but I guess that would probably reduce wing sales...

I truly hope that is a bug though, because having to switch between 2 sets of wings and wasting yet another inventory slot just for a 2nd set makes me a little mad. Having said that, please do your best to fix that issue.
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    I'm trying to create my brother an account, who is below 13, and the registration form is not accepting my birthday; I am not under 13. I am also using my personal details, not my little brother's. Please help.
    Please submit a ticket to customer service and they should be able to help you.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• faisal2003456
    faisal2003456 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    when i hit try clothes it hsows my character in his underwear but then when i start walking(with the window open) this is what i get [IMG]C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots\2008-10-07 12-02-48.bmp[/IMG]
  • Morrigon - Heavens Tear
    Morrigon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ok two things:

first one - when holding Right Click(Camera Control) and i open a window, say quest window, and let go of camera...the action freezes and camera is still active till i right click again

second - not so much a glitch but more a suggestion...is there a way to not have CTRL+D delete your chat window and open up chat function...i use vent and that function has almost killed me a bunch of times....ive tryd using other buttons but they seems to interfere with the ingame controls even more, like ALT where it freezes all functions but mouse movement
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I see a minor inconsistency in this window. Anyone else?
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That's a good catch! I didn't notice that when I did that quest. b:laugh
  • foxzys
    foxzys Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so for som reason after i have lvled and got placed the points I click done and close the window then about one min later it shows that I never added them and hte points are gone b:angry

oh andwhen ever i go back to desktop and then go back in game i cant click or i will go back to desktop agian
    thx and this mayb bewcuase i am just a noob b:laugh
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    foxzys wrote: »
    so for som reason after i have lvled and got placed the points I click done and close the window then about one min later it shows that I never added them and hte points are gone b:angry
    You will have to click "Done" to allocate the points
    oh andwhen ever i go back to desktop and then go back in game i cant click or i will go back to desktop agian
    Try running the game in windowed mode instead of fullscreen.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• foxzys
    foxzys Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    You will have to click "Done" to allocate the points

but i did click done every time i even checked but any way that doesnt tell why the points whent away, becuase if i hadnt clicked done the would have just reset right?

And thx i knew that but just wonderin if sumthing was wrong
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    surtr wrote: »

I have seen this mouse issue several times as well. I tried playing in "windowed" mode but don't like the smaller screen. I have changed a setting in the video that took me out and back again causing the same mouse issue. Surely this can be fixed instead of worked around?
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • eazn
    eazn Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    hey there, folks.

if you've encountered any bug with the forums or registration, please report them here until we get our ticketing system live.

thanks a bunch!

- orinj

p.s. don't post any personal data.
    I have an eagle claw sword which requires 49 dex at lvl 30. When I was lvl 33 and turned to lvl 34. My dex attribute dropped to 48. I did not know that and had already dropped my 5 attribute into str. I still had the sword equipped and when I was attacking it would be extreme fast. I had to lvl up one more time to put the next attribute into my dex at lvl 35 to wear the sword again. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What an epic waste of time... I was trying to do this quest based on what the text says :-( Of course, I didn't find the guys...
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    At level 50 I killed Devourer of the Sky, level 52 Elite Sundown Highlands mob. The reward was 263 exp and 55 spirit, which is the same as a non-elite mob. Is this a bug?
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kargor wrote: »
    What an epic waste of time... I was trying to do this quest based on what the text says :-( Of course, I didn't find the guys...

Thanks for the catch Kagor. This has been sent to the development team and they will be looking in to resolving it.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • jaricho
    jaricho Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was attacked and killed in a safe zone by a seaview chisler well after I had entered town. The mob had been attacking me as I approached town so I was not surprised to get hit again as I entered town. I was shocked when the npc glided (yes glided there was no movement of body parts at all) into town as i was talking to another npc and it killed me.
    Now I understand that flukes are going to happen but dang, as the level gets higher for a char it gets tougher to make up the exp % loss for being killed, this is made worse for the player classes that are normally support for other classes and have low defense or attack. I know I'm whining here and I apologize for that b:sad. Please look into this and see if it is happening to others because it has happened more than once to me.
  • jaricho
    jaricho Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kargor wrote: »
    I see a minor inconsistency in this window. Anyone else?

other than the pesky little quest requirement of 20 and the count meter saying you need 15 i just don't see the problem b:chuckle
  • glumin
    glumin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This can happen as soon as I log in or with minutes- to hours between.

What happens is that the game simply shuts itself down and I get an option to "report" this bug.
    I can log back in and play for some minutes and sometimes it happens again and sometimes it doesn't happen for an hour or so.

I'm using Vista, but other players using Vista don't have this problem.

Thanks in advance

-HammerCat
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You can't upgrade bound flying tools at the aerogear forge. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • gusoguso
    gusoguso Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am lvl 31 and a venomancer. I am supposed to recieve a quest from the Elder of Archosaur for a Flying Beast quest. I did not recieve it at lvl 30 nor did I recieve it at lvl 31. It is not in my quest list there. It must be a bug because I talked to many people that have Manta Rays and they all said they have never heard of my situation before.

please help.
This discussion has been closed.