OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• chrysilla
    chrysilla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    actually i used the town portal spell/ skill to get out, but i saw this written somewhere (that if i'm using this spell to get out when stuck, i should let the techs know and add a screenshot)
  • Carolinesivi - Heavens Tear
    Carolinesivi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I got this problem, I was getting to Etherblade at the ramp and I got this... Tried to join the game four times and same error...

Should I reinstall?

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unkeror1bs4.jpg
    here's a picutre.

OBS: I get it only with that character... o.o

EDIT:: Omg, I got to the same place with another character and got the same error.

EDIT2: Reinstalled the game, no errors.
  • cheechee
    cheechee Posts: 14
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hi,
    Ive been away for the last 2 days "having a life".
    Today (Monday) I log in at 940pm PST to try take the quest for today and get told
    "incorrect mission time span "

WTF?

I thought this quest was able to be taken on a "daily" basis - but it appears not.

So a tip folks - dont get a life and go away and miss your Daily Stone Quests b:cry

Chee
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I got this problem, I was getting to Etherblade at the ramp and I got this... Tried to join the game four times and same error...

Should I reinstall?

here's a picutre.

EDIT:: Omg, I got to the same place with another character and got the same error.

Try installing the East Asian Language pack. How to do this can be found in Troubleshooting guide.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Info you need to know before reading this post:
    ~Difference between EST and PST timezone is 3 hours
    ~Heaven's Tears and Lost City were stated to be EST servers, while the nonexistant Plume City and Etherblade are suppose to be PST

Now for the Bug
    I'm not sure if anybody else noticed this but I think I found a reason why many weekly/daily ingame events are bugged. (Also related to the daily quests)

Most of you probably already know Hou Jenhsi refreshes her Golden Quest Icon above her head at 12 AM EST but cannot actually accept the quest until 3 AM EST (12 AM PST). I think this has to deal with why we cannot enter certain events in PWI. The server gives us the option to take timely schedule events using EST timezone, but prevents us from actually entering the event until the time matches PST timezone. The OPTION to take the event ends using EST timezone, but the event actually ends using PST timezone.

Here is my theory on the bug. Take Horse Racing for example.

It begins at 1230 PM EST and 930 PM EST daily, giving you the option to select enter horse race at the Adventure Assistant. When you show up, you will get the same "mission contradiction" that Hou Jenhsi gives for 3 hours. The Horse Race Event only lasts for 30 minutes. The option to select "Enter Horse Race" disappears at 1 PM EST and 10 PM EST, exactly 30 minutes later. However, the server has to play "3-hour catch up" before we can actually enter the event. By then, the option to enter no longer exists.

Here is an example that supports this theory, the Dragon Palace Event

The Dragon Palace event starts at 8 PM EST on Tuesdays and lasts until 12 AM EST, 4 hours long. When 8 PM EST comes, the option to enter the Dragon Palace Event shows up. But when you click it, you get "Misson Contradiction" or "Incorrect Mission Timespan." It isn't until 11 PM EST (exactly 3 hours later to match PST timezone) does the option actually allow you to enter. One more hour later, at 12 AM EST (the ending time of the event) the option to enter the event disappears. However, people can still stay inside the event until 3 AM EST (12 AM PST).

So in conclusion, any event lasting for 3 hours or less cannnot be entered due to this timezone mix up. Only Dragon Palace and City of Abomination allows you to enter because they last 4 hours long, giving you 1 hour to enter the event.

Sorry if this is confusing.
  • cheechee
    cheechee Posts: 14
    edited October 2008
    Options
    thanks for the post, its confusing enough just being on Australian Time trying to figure out what zone they work in - we get told PST, yet its EST.....oh well, they'll get it right sooner or later

But I still dont understand why after not taking the Hou Jenshi quest for 2 days why its not being offered anyway - something surely is wrong there when i see others clearly doing the quest right next to me - thats a bug for sure

Chee
  • sol19
    sol19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I don't know if this happens with other flying pets but the petite sawfly that I have has problems staying above ground level. The lower part of its body is in the ground when moving or attacking sometimes. I'll get a pic next time it happens.
  • Raidou - Sanctuary
    Raidou - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well The Only Thing I Encountered On The Forum Is That When I Go To Edit A Post Of Mine, And Hit Ok, I Get A Can't Display Message, And Then I Refresh It, And It Says No Link Valid, Before Quickly Putting Me Back On The Topic, And Then Says Edit Complete!

Game Wise. A Lot Of Times I'll Be Hitting Monters, And It Registers The Damage, But Their Health Doesn't Go Down. Another Instant, Their Health Is Zero, And It Magically Refills To 100%, Or Another Instant Is I'll kill A Monster, And It Falls Down Dead, And Attacks Like 10 More Times Until It Vanishes. Others Times I'll Attack A Monster, And It Runs Past Me For Like A Mile, And Then Reappears Right In Front Of Me Dead.

Only Other Thing Me & My Sister Found Is When Creating A New Character. Sometimes Some Of The Features (Nose, Eyes Etc) Don't Work Or We Select Hair, Color, And All, And Hit Accept, And Then Load The New Character Into The Game, And It Like Reseted Back To The Whole Default Look!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its The Choices We Make, That Determine The Outcome Of Our Future
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Should I reinstall?

here's a picutre.

I just got this stupid error! I was in a party to kill a boss and this popped up! I lost my only chance. What I want to know is what the hell this error IS. Installing the language pack makes no difference, I already have it.

Once you get the error the only way to fix it is to run the verify on the patcher and that takes a good half hour. If I get an error at a completely random time that's impossible to fix without verifiy, I want to know what the heck it is, what the heck causes it, and how to avoid it.

This is the 5th or 6th time I've gotten this. Even got it in another version of PW. How can I be expected to play a game with random errors that are impossible to figure out becuase they are in jibberish?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Info you need to know before reading this post:
    ~Difference between EST and PST timezone is 3 hours
    ~Heaven's Tears and Lost City were stated to be EST servers, while the nonexistant Plume City and Etherblade are suppose to be PST

Now for the Bug
    I'm not sure if anybody else noticed this but I think I found a reason why many weekly/daily ingame events are bugged. (Also related to the daily quests)

Most of you probably already know Hou Jenhsi refreshes her Golden Quest Icon above her head at 12 AM EST but cannot actually accept the quest until 3 AM EST (12 AM PST). I think this has to deal with why we cannot enter certain events in PWI. The server gives us the option to take timely schedule events using EST timezone, but prevents us from actually entering the event until the time matches PST timezone. The OPTION to take the event ends using EST timezone, but the event actually ends using PST timezone.

Here is my theory on the bug. Take Horse Racing for example.

It begins at 1230 PM EST and 930 PM EST daily, giving you the option to select enter horse race at the Adventure Assistant. When you show up, you will get the same "mission contradiction" that Hou Jenhsi gives for 3 hours. The Horse Race Event only lasts for 30 minutes. The option to select "Enter Horse Race" disappears at 1 PM EST and 10 PM EST, exactly 30 minutes later. However, the server has to play "3-hour catch up" before we can actually enter the event. By then, the option to enter no longer exists.

Here is an example that supports this theory, the Dragon Palace Event

The Dragon Palace event starts at 8 PM EST on Tuesdays and lasts until 12 AM EST, 4 hours long. When 8 PM EST comes, the option to enter the Dragon Palace Event shows up. But when you click it, you get "Misson Contradiction" or "Incorrect Mission Timespan." It isn't until 11 PM EST (exactly 3 hours later to match PST timezone) does the option actually allow you to enter. One more hour later, at 12 AM EST (the ending time of the event) the option to enter the event disappears. However, people can still stay inside the event until 3 AM EST (12 AM PST).

So in conclusion, any event lasting for 3 hours or less cannnot be entered due to this timezone mix up. Only Dragon Palace and City of Abomination allows you to enter because they last 4 hours long, giving you 1 hour to enter the event.

Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks for the report Blessing. We'll poke the developers and see whats going on with this.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Valaren - Lost City
    Valaren - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    today i did my second spritual cultivation quest you get at level 19 the one were you gotta go kill fielder vanguards at silk ridge to get that little sprite thing and take it back to lost city to the taoist,

after getting the sprite i went back and tried to finish the quest but it says i don't have the sprite even though its in my inventory right now,

i also did the quest the test at the same time were i had to kill 30 fielder vanguards ( figured i do them both at the same time to speed things up )

ive also tried logging out then back in and it still wont let me finish the quest.

is this a bug or did i do something wrong . any help would be appreciated
  • onirawrr
    onirawrr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I log on fine no problem at all.
    when im playing ill be running along and the screne goes black and im told element client or whatever has stopped working
    if installed the whole game again and nothing works, done somehting with user account settings that doesnt work either
    any helpp???
  • necro999
    necro999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Im having problems with DQ's and its very annoying. When it goes right the quest list looks like this

-Pulao(51)
    -Wise Retreat
    - See this person DQ item 15/15 at (000,000)

I get this many time during DQ quest

-Pulao(51)
    -Wise Retreat
    - Empty space. no information

It has hapened with other DQ quest other than (51) and its happend many more times than i actually do finish a DQ. (41) i woudl say in finished only 4 out of 10 and had to restart the rest. I have wasted a lot of time and in game DQ items with this problem. So far i would say i have wasted over 10 hours with this and easily over 150k in DQ items NPC value. Thats not fun to say the least. The only way i know of to fix the problem is to trash quest and restart it. Is there anything i can do or simply solution to refesh quest to get information i need for location of next NPC to visit. Is it a known bug or am i the only one. Can you tell me which NPC i need to see for Wise Retreat? Maybe just the information screen is bugged and not the quest. itself.
  • Asharo - Lost City
    Asharo - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Problem with DQ21:
    "Talk to the Dragon Quest director about the dragon. Kill 10 Ossein Merchant at Tomb of Heroes in Advance"
    Kill: Ossein Merchant (10/10)
    Mission already taken, unable to complete quest.

Yes, i can't hand it in, even though i finished the last stage of the DQ. Talking to the DQ guy gives me the "quest already taken" error. And i won't give it up since i already used the dq items and spend money for tp + mobkilling.

What to do about this?
  • ridatta
    ridatta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Not sure if it's a bug or not, or if there's any way to prevent it, but sometimes I notice that materials appear inside of things like trees and cliffs and you can't get to them. Not really a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    And more quest description errors.

Compare this and that
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Repeede - Sanctuary
    Repeede - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I haven't been able to join the game for 4 days now due to this update. It keeps repeating its self everytime. what should i do?

[quick sketch of where its stuck]

[////__________] (blue)
    [/////////////////////] (yellow)

i get a pop up saying it failed every time
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Please try the manual patch, Repeede.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    After logging off the game with the performance mode left on, I've just came back unable to turn it off even after leaving it off and logging back in again. The button works, it just won't switch the graphic settings back to how it was.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Options
    After logging off the game with the performance mode left on, I've just came back unable to turn it off even after leaving it off and logging back in again. The button works, it just won't switch the graphic settings back to how it was.

Please manually change that character's settings to your preferred values, from the System button (bottom right corner, looks like a brown-red X on a gray background), then the System Settings button (looks like a green old-style computer monitor and keyboard) . Mostly you want to focus on the System tab, as well as the Customizations checkbox of the UI tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Repeede - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Options
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Please try the manual patch, Repeede.

ok saving it now... wait was i supost to use the 1-18 or 16-18?
    'cause i downloaded the 1-18 if thats ok
  • Repeede - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Options
    w00t got it! tyvm
  • nagisumi
    nagisumi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i cant seem to launch mine ?
    nagisumi
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Options
    nagisumi wrote: »
    i cant seem to launch mine ?

Can you describe what symptoms you're encountering?

Surtr has an excellent guide on installation here.

Assuming you used the Direct Download path :

1. The link on our webpage itself gives you the Perfect_World_Downloader_v3.exe file. It's a small (~1.0 megabyte) download.

2. The Perfect_World_Downloader_v3.exe program will download the Perfect_World_International.exe file. By default, it downloads it to My Documents/Downloads/ (XP) or Documents/Downloads (Vista). This .exe file is the large download, roughly 2.378 gigabytes.

3. Perfect_World_International.exe, when run, extracts a lot of installation files into a folder. By default, it extracts them into the same folder it is sitting in, the (My) Documents/Downloads. One of the files it extracts will be called install.exe

4. Running install.exe will give you the option of verifying the client download, installing the client itself, and putting a shortcut icon down on the desktop.

5. Double-click the shortcut icon to patch the game, or use the manual patcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok, here's what I do: I'm a Venomancer standing on my flying skate. I cast a spell (only tried with pet spells such as healing or revive). When I'm done, my chars "up down" movement is no longer in sync with the skate --- the exact desync seems random (maybe it stops the up/down when I cast the spell, and resumes at the position that it was, rather than the position where it should be since the skate kept doing the up/down). This can appear rather weird, when I'm moving up while the skate is moving down, and when the skate moves up again I move down and into the skate.

It resyncs the second I move the skate, though.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • purrrfect
    purrrfect Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i cant figure out how to actually PLAY the game help pleas!b:cry
  • purrrfect
    edited October 2008
    Options
    pleas help me ! :(
  • purrrfect
    edited October 2008
    Options
    fine! nvm whateva lol jokeing i fugured it out:)
  • nagisumi
    nagisumi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    it gives me an error pop up
    nagisumi
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Please install the East Asian language support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.