OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• diamondcut
    diamondcut Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    For my lvl 19 Spiritual Cult. quest, I have the celestial sprite in my quest item bag, but the quest status shows that I have 0/1 celestial sprites. Because of this, I cannot complete quest. Please help!

Server: Lost City
    Char Name: LunarDew

UPDATE: Never mind this post, I should have searched through this forum first before asking. My bad :).
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Please install the East Asian language support.

Does not work. I've had that for a while now and I just got the corrupt error yet again. The funny thing is, this is the second time its happened just before I am about to fight a certain boss. Something seems odd here....
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • demonlordessedess
    demonlordessedess Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the game uninstaller wont work it just starts then goes unresponsive causeing me to have to reboot my computer.....i know you want people to play your game but not being able to remove it is not the way :D :P Anyway some help would be appreciated
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the game uninstaller wont work it just starts then goes unresponsive causeing me to have to reboot my computer.....i know you want people to play your game but not being able to remove it is not the way :D :P Anyway some help would be appreciated

You're running it directly from (assuming default directories) C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\uninstall.exe? Are you Running As Administrator if you're in Vista?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamsyn
    jamsyn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Did a search for water . . . . need a breathing gauge.
    There is no breathing gauge. You can stay underwater as long as you wish killing monsters, hanging out, questing, whatever.

PW is a fantasy game. ;)

I've played for 4 hours and really enjoy the game, however the aspect of a "breathing" limit under water is really needed. It's awkward enough shooting arrows, and likely spells, underwater without some limit to get out for some air.

Please put in a breath guage or other negative affect for staying underwater - reduced dexterity, accuracy, HP (and/or MP) drain, etc.
  • Listicka - Sanctuary
    Listicka - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i don't know if these are real bugs, or have not been reported yet, but few things anoyed me during play:

1. some quests don't show the timer when tracked (eg. the quest in Archosaur, do not recall the name)

2. when i get the last item needed for the quest it should turn green and stay tracked, but some quest just disappear from tracking - that is pretty anoying (never happend to me in MY version).

3. the quest log (quests window) doesn't remember which quests were expanded and wich not, it expands all the quest everytime it's opened - anoying as hell.

4. the little bar with pet skills doesn't remember it's position (vertical/horizontal) by default it's horizontal and each time i summon the pet i have to set it vertical.

5. when i have my pet in aggro mode it works like this - when the veno starts casting on some monster, pet imediately runs to mob and starts attacking. but when i change a target before the first mob is dead and cast a spell on the new target, the pet first returns to me and only after that it goes to attack the second mob. i have died because of that. i would expect the pet to attack second mob imediately when the first is killed.

6. and finaly - the pet returns on the very same location where stands the veno. i know this have been reported before and it's probably not a bug, but its soooo anoying, please fix that if possible. the pet should be few steps behing the veno.

7. and one more - when i drop an star item, on the ground there is no star symbol befoer items name. instead of this there is square as if the symbol is missing in font. when i view the item in my inventory there is normal star symbol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hargeva
    hargeva Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well I was playing my character, and sometimes I let my sister play her character, and I've found a few bugs (If they can be considered that)

1. I notice when my sister playes her female winged elf, her magic & flight time doesn't drain (I'm not sure if its just the cleric winged elfs or both Archer & Cleric females)

2. I can't remember the exact name of the default arrow move you start off with the Archer (I think its power shot??) I notice in the description it states it uses only 1 bolt or arrow, but when ever I used it, two arrows shot out, and it usd two arrows, but only does one hit (perhaps it should be fixed to only shoot one arrow, and use one arrow or something??)

3. Sometimes I'll be fighting monsters, and their HP all of a sudden refills back to 100% or they have no HP, and won't die or sometimes after I kill kill them, they are still hitting me while their falling over dead!

4. Sometimes on the Character Creation Screen. Once I have my a new character I create (From hair, eyes, lips etc minus the presets) I'll click on done, and it puts it back to its default way, and then I have to recustomize it.

Thats all I have for now. As I get further into the game, and all, I'll see if I discover anything else. Peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've Been Broken For A Long Time, And I'm Searching For The Light Again!

Myspace = /darkwizard1982
  • rainofrage
    rainofrage Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Whenever i press the optimize settings button, it makes it so that whenever i click, it minimizes the game
  • hargeva
    edited October 2008
    I found another bug or glitch (At least I hope it is, and its not setup that way)

I notice that if I craft one item at a time (for example: I craft a leather armort or a necklace) my crafting experience bar will go up like its suppose to.

Yet I notice if I craft more then 1 item at a time my experience bar won't go up. I tested it out today. I made 1 necklace and it was fine. I came back later and decided to make 3 necklaces at once, and I gained no experience at all in my crafting bar, but when I went back to just doing it one at a time my crafting bar started to fill up?

So I think thats a bug????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Were the items of the highest level you were able to craft, Hargeva? Bronze bars, ammo, amulet wood, or items requiring something under your current crafting level don't always give crafting experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hargeva
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Were the items of the highest level you were able to craft, Hargeva? Bronze bars, ammo, amulet wood, or items requiring something under your current crafting level don't always give crafting experience.

All my crafting levels are at 1, but only go up if I do one at a time, but if I do more then that. I get no crafting experience. Thats why I was asking? It might of been at level 2 & 1/2 if I didn't have to do one at a time b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konaha86
    konaha86 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I bought gold using the auction house... seemed to be shortchanged a few gold. Please assist to check into matter.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Contact Billing through our ticketing system:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • seventhweapon
    seventhweapon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When playing today I was fighting lvl 6 skelevizen Marksman in the Etherblade outskirts and i noticed that their bodies were skewed when attacking. I had the graphics set to optimized at the time but when I turned the graphics to high the skewing did not happen.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    We're aware of the skeleton graphics bugs and are working on a fix, though there is currently no ETA on it.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• thexjoker
    thexjoker Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Okay, so I'm totally computer **** and I just downloaded this game. Everything was goin' surprisingly well until I couldn't "Start" until I did a patch/update. When it finally let me "Start" it goes into a black screen like it's gonna load and then pops up a Element Client window and I can't see the specifics of it because when it does pop up it lags up my comp and doesn't pop up. ><; Any ideas/help? Thanks in advance!
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Can you provide the following fields from a dxdiag, thexjoker?

System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:
    Approx Total Memory:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :
    Version :
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thexjoker
    edited October 2008
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
    Processor : Intel(R) Celeron(TM) 1200MHz
    Memory : 382 MB RAM

Display Tab - device box -
    Name: Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller
    Chip Type: Intel(R) 82815
    Approx Total Memory: 4.0 MB

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver : i81xdnt5.dll
    Version : 6.13.0001.2872 (English)
    Date: 8/8/2011 11:13:35

P.S. thanks for the prompt reply.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First thing I would do is get more RAM. Okay you got more then the minimum with your 300+ but it is still very low for a Windows XP computer. And is that an inbuild graphicscard? Those don't always work well with games like PW. :(
  • thexjoker
    edited October 2008
    I'd say it is, lol. I've never changed and don't think my mom has. So, I should just try and get more RAM and hope the graphics card doesn't hate me? Anything else I could try or?
    edited October 2008
    RAM for sure and if you can a new graphicscard as well. I am honestly not sure if that graphicscard will be enough for PW though I doubt it. You can try setting everything to the lowest settings though it MAY just work.
  • thexjoker
    edited October 2008
    Alrighty, Thanks a lot. ^^ Compliments to the mods, lol. Fastest I've ever gotten answer. Have a good day!

Edit: just noticed you weren't a mod, thanks to you too. :P
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    The game will certainly not run with only 4 megabytes to store texture memory, as the minimum requirement is 32MB. You may be able to change this from your motherboard setting -- carefully read the motherboard or computer manual -- or by updating the driver (link for 32-bit operating systems only).

In practice, though, I think it might be time to upgrade your computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    I didn't even see that. Thanks Gatt. :D
  • Arrowchucker - Heavens Tear
    Arrowchucker - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Dnno if this has been reported anywhere else,but the spiritual advisor has disappeared from Archosaur.

I got in touch with GM and she said that it is due to forthcoming expansion and will be back next week, but my faction members over lvl 40 are going mad because they have all been collecting Rebirth orders and by the time advisor comes back they will be over lvl 55.Consequently they feel they are missing out on goodies and stuff from the squad quest that you can do.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Spiritual Disciple is a known issue. We are looking into it.

IMHO, it will get fixed in the next patch next week. Hold on to your quests, and turn them in next week. Think Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nagisumi
    nagisumi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i still get an error pop up every time i try to launch the game
    nagisumi
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Please try installing East Asian Language support, updating your drivers, and clicking the Verify button from the launcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Just logged into the game to get what I thought to be a "free" halloween giftbox into my inventory. I didn't buy it was not even near the guy who sells them but still it took 100k from my character which I realised about a minute later.
  • nagisumi
    nagisumi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i dont have the right disc so is their any thing else i could do to help the situation
    nagisumi
This discussion has been closed.