Update server problems

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• djinmonet
    djinmonet Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was able to get in after reading through this whole thread, (Thank you Kithy!!!), but my friend in UK still has problems with :

createinfo1.stf

WinXP home spk3, done all the install, reinstall clean from MMOfury, tried the help file, the config, the China.bat, the restart -start. Verify does that hang up where it says interrupted. Can't find this file in either his or mine, so can't try the delete, or copy and send to him.
  • doomedsoul
    doomedsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this sux it says to 'try changing ur password" and "D/L the patches". Well i have done everything it has told me in all threads. im up to the point where i log in and my user name / password is never right. ive changed it and i still get nothing, this is gh3y.
  • zjxmaddog
    zjxmaddog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Kithy is a life saver!!! THANK YOU
  • ichigoo
    ichigoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i can login on the login site of this site and my bety account is activated but i cant login into the game:( why?
  • dello
    dello Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey, i downloaded the V3 client and when trying to update it said its the V1 client, weird i know, but it wont update, gets stuck on Buff_str.txt. None of the clients iv downloaded has ever updated, Even the manual patches for the non PWI client didn't work lol.

Im using a THOMSON ST585v6sl router [Speed Touch]
    I had an issue where without installing AOL, and using a modem i couldn't download updates for EQ2, maybe there's something like that for PWI?

Iv disabled my router firewall, windows firewall and Sygate firewall and restarted the router a good few times. None of which helped lol

Anyone got anywhere with updates yet?

Thanks.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I haven't had time to read through the whole of this thread, but I updated the first post to include the links for the elements.data/tasks.data files from Kithy, and the codepage.exe/buff_str.txt fix from Zorin. Just to help people find them. :)

Were there any other useful links after those?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geoo
    geoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    omg thanks so much i was stuck on buff_str.txt and that dl fixed it all OMG YAY I CAN PLAY XD
  • bigtoyota
    bigtoyota Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Klithy, you are my hero!! I've been trying for 2 days to get this to work, and now it does. Thank you so much!!!
  • doubletake66
    doubletake66 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Version 1: cant get past the "tasks.data " update with vista, Is the a prob with Vista and is there a solution
  • ryuuzaki
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Version 1: cant get past the "tasks.data " update

Then try the zip file Kithy uploaded... it's on the first page now. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doubletake66
    doubletake66 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Originally had probs downloading theupdates with Vista, that Finally went through now I cant connect to the server. Any known solutions out there.
    Thanks
  • ryuuzaki
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You can't connect because the servers aren't up. Closed beta has ended.

Open beta will start in about 3 and a half hours, at which point the servers will be back up and you should be able to connect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aliprop
    aliprop Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My update stops on "item_ext_desc.txt".
    what should I do?
  • thornwind
    thornwind Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    version 5 updated files
    (makeshift manual patch, be careful and click verify)

removed links, please use the official manual patch sticky: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021
  • madhukar
    madhukar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ty , i was getting stuck on the elemsts and tasks agaiun
  • madhukar
    madhukar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    cann any1 put up tasks and elements separately(for a smaller download) ?
  • wrecker
    wrecker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    thank you so much in the name of the hungarian players too :D
  • jooe
    jooe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dai wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I got to the part where it says:

Updating Files...

buff_str.txt

But then the bars at the top don't change at all. A few seconds later, I get a file download error, then it asks to try again.. I even tried re-installing and restarting. Keeps failing. And I'm sure nothing is wrong with my downloaded client. I got it from the official torrent, and the verifying during installation turned out fine.

This looks like the same problem I had with the PW-MY version. Couldn't patch there either. I never had any patching problems with other games such as Ragnarok Online or Rappelz, just with the Perfect World versions..

I hope it's just a temporary updating problem >_<

I'm gonna try it out on my family's laptops to see if I get the same problem as my desktop..

same here but in badwords.txt
  • xalgosch
    xalgosch Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Same here.
    Perfect World International
    Updating files... badwords.txt thats all.
    Game version: 1

Download 3 days ago from perfectworld.com Game Version 3.
    WinXP SP3 no firewall.
  • incrediblehoac
    incrediblehoac Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    same problem with the badwords.txt......
  • Silverqt - Heavens Tear
    Silverqt - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    hmm for some reson got an error patching then i stoped it competly and then loaded it again and resumed it from where i left off it seemed to patch ill see how it is in game when it up again and im on vista too
  • Kymarah - Lost City
    Kymarah - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yeah...seems the patcher hangs up on the first attempt, so if you get the error at task.data, then completely close the game and re-open it and retry the update.

Worked for me, too...

EDIT: Spoke too soon...now its hanging up at a12.dds, but apparently, if you keep closing it completely, then reloading it, it seems ti 'kick' it into continuing...

EDIT, again: Never mind...it hits a12.dds, and stops. Tried manual patch for 40-44, and the timer was still climbing past 7 hours to download when I canceled, and I'm on a pretty fast connection. What the heck is hanging the updates up???
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You wouldn't happen to have a virusscan running in the background? That was what made it slow for me though I realised by now (Took me long enough) and am uploading now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymarah - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    No, no virusscan running right now....nothing I don't normally have running in the background while I update...

I got to a13.dds, so I guess I just have to keep closing and retrying...

EDIT: now it got to a24.dds...

Ok, what its doing is, giving me an error message at each stage of the update, and if I choose "retry", it just continues to give the error message. If I completely close the game, and let the update run from scratch, it will get a little further each time.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Mirrorside is up I apologise for the delay.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=128161
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymarah - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Oh, Happy happy joy joy...the mirrorside works....

Ingame now.

Buttttt....why didn't it patch correctly from the game, without having to download a mirrorpatch???
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    rzx wrote: »
    Having same issue.

have you guys tried just clicking the x BEFORE it tells you it needs to restart

so when it gos awfully slow or doesnt move at all click the x before you get the notice

and afterwords jsut restart it and click contenue chances are it will boost back up and work

from my experience it does matter that you exit it before you get the notice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.