Update server problems

Options

Comments

• magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thank you sachertortecake for the mirror.
    Im pretty sure the china.bat thing worked for me.

I uninstalled pwi
    extracted and ran those bat files
    then restarted my pc and reinstalled.

umm made sure to delete the folder in the program files directory as well.
    so yeh thats my method.
    Perhaps a mod can gather up all the fixes (39 pages OMFG) and host some of the files.
    Then everyone who has experienced the issues can give pointers and stuff for the new thread on the subject.

Sweet now to see if the fully patched version works. >_>

Thx all.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It would be better to let the admins figure out the problem first, otherwise we're going to have the same problem every patch. I'm keeping mine not running until they figure out the fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just confiming that hopethishelps.zip did indeed help me out as well. Thanks for posting that. Now I can get on to being completely mystified by the controls and poking around aimlessly. :D Totally new to MMO's of any kind and thought I would give it a spin with Perfect World, and maybe help squish some bugs in the process. :p
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ahh, still no fix for buff_str.txt problems. Admins had told me we would have a fix within 24 hours yesterday - guess that was just BS. At this point I'm pretty sure PWI has no clue how to fix this issue or what's causing it. Thanks everyone for their efforts and congrats to those that were able to login with the uploaded elements / task files. I'll be giving up now.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rzx did you try the configs.zip? I think that what's got me to patch.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wait a second here.. I just did the CHINAS thing and it started patching! However it still get's hung on random files. Not sure what that codepage.exe file is all about but that's what did the trick.

I did the codepage, hopethishelps, and config files - and it seems to be working now actually.

Thanks everyone for the continued effort displayed here in this thread. It is a shame though that the community had to figure this out while the admins don't have a clue.
  • magoo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Glad you found out one that worked for you.

Naw the admins were helping a bit , they were the ones that got the dude onto the codepage suggestion.
    Codepage.exe add's in extra little files that help with the translation of chinese and other asian characters when displayed in code.
    So the help team were on the right track.

So yeah grats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    magoo wrote: »
    Glad you found out one that worked for you.

Naw the admins were helping a bit , they were the ones that got the dude onto the codepage suggestion.
    Codepage.exe add's in extra little files that help with the translation of chinese and other asian characters when displayed in code.
    So the help team were on the right track.

So yeah grats all.

What I meant was - this is not really an official fix as far as I know. No one should have to go thru all that trouble, downloading files from FF/Megaupload/Microsoft etc, to play the game. This is still a "duck tape" fix.

But anyways, I'm actually in game on this PC and I'm finally able to play with my friends. I'm happy to say goodbye to this dreadful thread finally! I'm Lightjoy in game, cya there =)
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rzx wrote: »
    What I meant was - this is not really an official fix as far as I know. No one should have to go thru all that trouble, downloading files from FF/Megaupload/Microsoft etc, to play the game. This is still a "duck tape" fix.

But anyways, I'm actually in game on this PC and I'm finally able to play with my friends. I'm happy to say goodbye to this dreadful thread finally! I'm Lightjoy in game, cya there =)

Basically it's just a user made manual patch. So far there hasn't been any fix for the actual problem. Mine still isn't working. But you're probably going to have to do the same thing for every single patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The team is working on getting everything sorted out.

We are downloading, extracting, installing, patching, getting in-game, then repeat each time we come across an issue that is mentioned. Very time consuming

So while many people can get in the game and patch/update and play the game fine, for some that are encountering these various issues, we are trying to help as best we can, when we can.

I ask for your patience pretty please :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darkcrush
    darkcrush Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thanks zorin it worked for me
  • lifewithnoreason
    lifewithnoreason Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sweet, Finally got in-game! Thanks to everyone on this thread and all your hard work to fixing this little mess.
  • ninja
    ninja Posts: 0
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thx kithy and zorin, as always, the publishers support sux and players gotta find solutions on their own, wonder where the **** these companies get these fktrds.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ninja wrote: »
    Thx kithy and zorin, as always, the publishers support sux and players gotta find solutions on their own, wonder where the **** these companies get these fktrds.

For one, your attitude is not conducive to being a productive player ;) Why the name calling? Game development is a very technical field, and with the PC platform, will always have headaches.

Actually, game development has a developer to player ratio that will always be difficult to work out. Especially on the PC platform.

Example:

Say there are only 100 people working on the game, testers included. It is a game like this one with a huge world, many quests, etc. 100 people.

Now, for the players, there are thousands and MILLIONS of you all, with literally millions of possible PC configurations that are impossible for developers to test everything out on before beta tests and after release.

Add to that the multiple internet connection types, ISP/country/college throttling/blockage and what kinds of programs people have on their PCs, and the numbers continue to skyrocket.

The US team is smaller then the main Chinese team, and are all working hard to solve the issues as we learn about them from you all.

Having a helpful and ambitious community is what makes any game successful to begin with, and helps keep it going. Every game developer out there knows this, or should know it.

Without you all, we'd be left playing our own game. Instead, there are 35 million+ of you enjoying PW around the world. We are VERY thankful for you all playing the direct from the developers International version.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it really isn't necessary :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • magoo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    naw definitely not.
    Its not the gm's fault. they were reasonably helpful.
    Ive seen customer service that was alot worse.

yeh i was gonna mention that about there being multiple configurations and stuff.
    Makes a techie's job very hard.

Now the gm's should gather the different problem symptoms and then add the fixes to those issues
    in one sticky.

>_> loving the game tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    OK guys! My patcher finally worked! it blew through elements.data and tasks.data....

the solution? Well...apparently DSL 768k is too slow for the patcher to work effectively! I brought my laptop over to the company T1 lines (very fast), and the update literally took about 30 seconds.

I don't know if this helped at all...but the patcher performance definitely varies between how good your internet connection is. It seems the patcher only downloads in chunks...so unless your internet is fast enough to blow through that one chunk (in my case, elements.data and tasks.data), then your patcher freezes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taste wrote: »
    Hey the files configs.zip didn't work for me, but the CHINAS pack did!!!

I think zorin's explanation was missing something, it confused me anyway... after you unzip the codepage.exe to whatever folder you choose... double click on the "CHINAS.ZIP"

THEN extract all the files contained in CHINAS.ZIP to C:\Windows\System32

THEN run the CHINAS.bat file while it's in System32.

That worked for me... although I was hung up on buff_str.txt the whole time... soooo yeah... I'm going to play! Hope This helps

OMIIGOD TY SO VERRY MUTCH IT WORKKED FOR ME YEEESSSS I CAN FINALY PLAY WHOOHOOOOOOOO
  • true4eternity
    true4eternity Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    marble wrote: »
    holy Cow! It Works. Thx Much!

Wat Is The Chinaz Zip Plz And If So Where Can I Download It
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    For one, your attitude is not conducive to being a productive player ;) Why the name calling? Game development is a very technical field, and with the PC platform, will always have headaches.

Actually, game development has a developer to player ratio that will always be difficult to work out. Especially on the PC platform.

Example:

Say there are only 100 people working on the game, testers included. It is a game like this one with a huge world, many quests, etc. 100 people.

Now, for the players, there are thousands and MILLIONS of you all, with literally millions of possible PC configurations that are impossible for developers to test everything out on before beta tests and after release.

Add to that the multiple internet connection types, ISP/country/college throttling/blockage and what kinds of programs people have on their PCs, and the numbers continue to skyrocket.

The US team is smaller then the main Chinese team, and are all working hard to solve the issues as we learn about them from you all.

Having a helpful and ambitious community is what makes any game successful to begin with, and helps keep it going. Every game developer out there knows this, or should know it.

Without you all, we'd be left playing our own game. Instead, there are 35 million+ of you enjoying PW around the world. We are VERY thankful for you all playing the direct from the developers International version.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it really isn't necessary :D

you have point there x_X I even wonder how you are manage to handle only this number of beta users.....simply can't picture "gulp"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teeage
    teeage Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have a problem if i want log in the game say me that my version is low and i must exit and update but how!?!?!?!? -_- pls help
  • xeonixbr
    xeonixbr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ...Humm :( I really want to play this game.
    ...I saw on updatelist.txt (on game folder) and there have a website. If you enter this site you cant acess some stuffs, maybe is this the problem.

...I saw that PW Inter. update on PW MY. Maybe they are downtime, dont know!
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol to update you have to select server from what will be updating in update settings still mostly thats bigest problem its mostly stops at element file and if it do finaly update it it also stops at task file....
    me finaly updated when I had all checked in update settings and pressed verify (it didn't worked first time but I pressed second time and it did worked that time) so basacly my advise is to mess with settings and try these combinations Verify or update

EDIT: P.S. Server name for update called Patch and latest version of client is 4 now after its updated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isolated
    isolated Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have the same problem too as the verison is too low.
    and the client cant be updated
  • baenganftw
    baenganftw Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've got the same problem, i can't even begin to update...

"Update server connection fails, Please try another update server"

This happens when i try to verify, and yes i've chosen "Patch" As update server.
  • tribird
    tribird Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    same wit me..is any1 gonna fix this anytime soon cuz im getting fustrated cuz i cant play:mad:
  • roadrunner
    roadrunner Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

unfortunately theres no place to check the update server status ;/
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I just logged into my home PC and tested it with the same results. Unfortunately, none of my contacts are online yet. I'm sure the bulk of the staff will be in the office shortly though, and they'll sort it out.

Or maybe they are already working on it, and that's why it's offline....

http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/ seems to be working fine, and is accessible. Strange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tribird
    tribird Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so its not my comp...its the server?? thats a sigh of relief cuz i miss my elf cleric :(
  • tacoleo
    tacoleo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i cant enter in the Game.. Its says: " UPDATE SERVER CONNECTION FAILS, PLEASE TRY OTHER UPDATE SERVER "

wHAT this means?? what Can i do ? ?

• bael
    bael Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey guys i'm brand new and its not working all i get is this from update "update server connection failed please choose another server" this is very frustrating is the game down is it me or what? i can start the game but patch is lowand says use another server there isn't one i have chosen patch pretty Sad :(
    Crown the Wise, Harness the Talented, and Cherish the Lucky......
    The Dragon Lofwyr.
This discussion has been closed.